Paulding.com

CLARK FUNERAL HOME

NEWSPAPER OBIT

4373 ATLANTA HWY.

HIRAM, GA 30141

770-445-7133

FAX 770-505-7273

Chad Austin Leggett, age 24, of Douglasville, passed away on Thursday, June 2, 2011. He was born on May 15, 1987 in Marietta, GA. Chad was a 2005 graduate of Hiram High School. After high school he attended Southern Polytechnic State University and graduated from Faithful Guardian EMT School in 2010. He was an EMT for Puckett EMS and a member of Sweetwater Baptist Church. Chad enjoyed hunting, bass fishing, anything outdoors and riding 4 wheelers. In his own words “I am your typical country boy, just a little more shy and quiet than the rest. Give me some woods with a swamp/creek and I’ll be a happy camper. Life pretty much consists of work, hunting and hanging out with friends. I’m currently an EMT at Puckett EMS and love my job, although I would like to get on with the fire department one day.”

Surviving are his parents, Roger Allen and Debbie Waters Leggett; a sister and brother-in-law, Amanda Leggett Withrow & husband Jonathan of Douglasville; grandparents, Bertha Waters Nutting and her husband Don of Douglasville; a niece, Felicity Withrow; a nephew, Brennan Withrow.

Funeral services will be held on Monday June 6, 2011 at 2:00 p.m. from New Georgia Baptist Church with Reverend Bryan Alexander officiating. The family will receive friends on Sunday from 4:00 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. the funeral home. The interment will follow in Melrose Hills Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made at the Bank of America, Hiram Branch for Felicity Withrow medical expenses.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

www.samclarkfuneralhome.com

Chad was a wonderful person and will truly be missed! He spent many hours riding around with my husband on jobs when he worked for the county and they ate lunch here a lot. He was quiet, sweet and polite. He always took the time to play and talk to our kids whenever they stopped by for a few minutes. I know he is in heaven now looking down on all his family and friends. Praying for God's comfort for the family.

My heart is breaking for this family. I pray for comfort, peace and healing for you Roger, Debbie & family - a lot of people love and care for this wonderful family and hopefully this love will help carry them through this tragedy.

This is just so terrible, I went to high school with him. The saying "Only the good die young" is so true. Does anyone know if it is true that he died of a heat stroke?

Yes, we are good friends with the family, and my husband spoke to Roger directly and they believe it was heat stroke with smoke inhalation. He was burning off a field at his deer camp. Please pray for this sweet family, they are going through so much right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a touching memorial video put together by his coworkers at Puckett EMS.

This was so sad anyway, but this video has me and both my daughters sobbing. All I can think about is his poor mother, I know he'll be missed by many, but being a mom, thats where my heart goes. :( :(

What a very touching memorial!!! I am so very sorry for your loss, Prayers for the family and friends of this fine young man.

This was very touching...prayers still going out for the family of this young man.