Paulding.com

McGarity teacher passed away this weekend

really was somewhat surprised that this has not made pcom yet. She was great lady and will be missed by so many :( It feels wrong to me that no one has posted about this yet.

I know the other teachers have already been informed....and hopefully most of the children. There will be alot of kids who are missing Elizabeth Peters in the morning. She was a wife, a mother to a beautiful little boy, and a much loved music teacher.

Rest in peace Elizabeth, you will be missed by so many.

just got this in an e-mail..

We've learned this afternoon that Mrs. Elizabeth Peters, the chorus teacher at McGarity Elementary School in Paulding County, was killed in an auto accident Saturday night. She leaves behind a husband and a 2 year old son. Please pray for comfort for her family and for the McGarity Elementary family. Efforts are being made today to notify students before they arrive for school on Monday.

Prayers for Mrs. Peters family and her school family as well... she was loved by her students and will be missed.. when she left TMS a few years ago to come to Paulding she had many students in tears they really thought the world of her...

To the OP... I had the information early sunday but was unsure if her Paulding school family and students had been told so I did not post it but did send the information to Pubby and LPPT so post if they thought it was appropriate... It was not out of disrespect but rather respect that I did not post it then..

So very sad for the family. My son was only in kindergarten, but Mrs. Peters had morning car duty and got him out of the car almost every morning. I also have a 2 year old and can't imagine either. My son's teacher said a deer ran out in front of their car and they hit a tree. It was in the Villa Rica area. Her family, the staff and students are in our prayers.

Prayers for Mrs. Peters family and her school family as well... she was loved by her students and will be missed.. when she left TMS a few years ago to come to Paulding she had many students in tears they really thought the world of her...

To the OP... I had the information early sunday but was unsure if her Paulding school family and students had been told so I did not post it but did send the information to Pubby and LPPT so post if they thought it was appropriate... It was not out of disrespect but rather respect that I did not post it then..

Thank you for waiting, enough time hopefully passed that all relatives had been notified and would not learn about it from a public forum, very considerate of you.

My son was very sad when we told him yesterday. I thought the school did a good thing by calling

the parents so we could talk with the kids before they find out at school.

I knew Sunday also, but didn't post anything out of respect for the family. You never know you

hasn't been notified. Plus all the speculation that usually follows--just didn't want that to hurt her

family.

My son was very sad when we told him yesterday. I thought the school did a good thing by calling

the parents so we could talk with the kids before they find out at school.

I knew Sunday also, but didn't post anything out of respect for the family. You never know you

hasn't been notified. Plus all the speculation that usually follows--just didn't want that to hurt her

family.

Same here.......

We are so sad to hear about our wonderful chorus teacher. We received a call from our daugter's homeroom teacher yesterday. My daughter has been in all the school programs with Ms. Peters and is very upset. She is in 5th grade. My daughter is currently sick with Pnemonia and Bronchitis and will not be at school until later this week. She will not be able to grieve with her friends and school until later. The music program is everything to my daughter and when my husband and I told her she was devistated. As adults we prepare for things like this, but how do you tell your child, she has lost one of her favorite teachers. Mrs. Peters has a wonderful husband and her son was her everything. Family was everything to her and they were always together at every function at McGarity. All I can say is our Lord, has just received a beautiful soul to join his chorus of angels. I look forward to hearing her sing again. God Bless our school during this time.

really was somewhat surprised that this has not made pcom yet. She was great lady and will be missed by so many :( It feels wrong to me that no one has posted about this yet.

I know the other teachers have already been informed....and hopefully most of the children. There will be alot of kids who are missing Elizabeth Peters in the morning. She was a wife, a mother to a beautiful little boy, and a much loved music teacher.

Rest in peace Elizabeth, you will be missed by so many.

Both of my kids' teachers called yesterday to inform us of her passing. I didn't think it appropriate to post without knowing all the details. She will be missed, greatly, by the McGarity Family.

My son has been in the same daycare class with her boy since they were babies. I got to know her through our interactions at drop off & pick up, plus the occasional class event. Prayers said for her family as they grieve- and an extra prayer for her precious little boy! I know she was loved by many and will be missed by all.

My son is in 5th grade and has enjoyed many years in music with Mrs. Peters and also in student council. I also have one in kindergarten and 1st, but I do not think they really grasp what is going on. We are praying for her husband, son and the rest of ther family, she will be greatly missed.

Just a note of kudos and thanks the McGarity Faculty and Staff.... in lieu of this tragedy our school has endured... today my daughter was met with open arms and hugs from everyone. Ms. Parker, our school counselor - EVERYONE did a PHENOMINAL job of helping students get through the day. Ms. Peters had a special position waiting on her ... and Someone Special must've met her at The Gate with her new Choir Director robes... :-) I can only hopethat EVERYONE has a school family like we do at McGarity.

Elizabeth was truly a great teacher and was considered a leader among our music teachers. She was beautiful, smart and funny. We will miss her very much.

Our prayers and our hearts go out to her family. We all were thinking and praying today for her McGarity family today as well.

Emily