Paulding.com

McGarity teacher passed away this weekend

Just a note of kudos and thanks the McGarity Faculty and Staff.... in lieu of this tragedy our school has endured... today my daughter was met with open arms and hugs from everyone. Ms. Parker, our school counselor - EVERYONE did a PHENOMINAL job of helping students get through the day. Ms. Peters had a special position waiting on her ... and Someone Special must've met her at The Gate with her new Choir Director robes... :-) I can only hopethat EVERYONE has a school family like we do at McGarity.

I agree, they have done an outstanding job comforting and taking care of the children this week. I feel so blessed to be part of the McGarity family. We will never forget Mrs. Peters.

Services for Mrs. Elizabeth Peters

Mrs. Elizabeth Peters’ memorial service will be Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 2:00pm at the chapel of Jones-Wynn Funeral Home in Villa Rica, GA.

There will be a visitation time with the family on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Jones-Wynn Funeral Home in Villa Rica, GA.

Mrs. Peters’ husband, Matt, welcomes all children that Mrs. Peters has taught to attend the visitation and the service. These events will be a celebration of her life. Both events will be kid appropriate. Matt also asks that you wear something pink or a splash of pink in your attire, as this was Mrs. Peters’ favorite color.

Address to Jones-Wynn Funeral is:

306 Westview Drive, Villa Rica, Ga. 30180.

Phone: 770-459-3694

Form more directions and more information, go to: www.jones-wynn.com

Memorials

Those desiring to do so, may make donations toward two funds. You may choose which fund to donate to. The funds are:

1. The Brayden Matthew Peters College Scholarship Fund. Brayden is Matt and Elizabeth Peter’s son. He is two years old.

2. Memorial Expenses in honor of Mrs. Elizabeth Peters.

Make checks payable to McGarity Elementary School. Please indicate which fund you want your donation to be applied. You may give your donation to June Fields, bookkeeper at McGarity in the front office.

Services for Mrs. Elizabeth Peters

Mrs. Elizabeth Peters’ memorial service will be Wednesday, October 7, 2009 at 2:00pm at the chapel of Jones-Wynn Funeral Home in Villa Rica, GA.

There will be a visitation time with the family on Tuesday, October 6, 2009 from 6:00pm-8:00pm at the Jones-Wynn Funeral Home in Villa Rica, GA.

Mrs. Peters’ husband, Matt, welcomes all children that Mrs. Peters has taught to attend the visitation and the service. These events will be a celebration of her life. Both events will be kid appropriate. Matt also asks that you wear something pink or a splash of pink in your attire, as this was Mrs. Peters’ favorite color.

Address to Jones-Wynn Funeral is:

306 Westview Drive, Villa Rica, Ga. 30180.

Phone: 770-459-3694

Form more directions and more information, go to: www.jones-wynn.com

Memorials

Those desiring to do so, may make donations toward two funds. You may choose which fund to donate to. The funds are:

1. The Brayden Matthew Peters College Scholarship Fund. Brayden is Matt and Elizabeth Peter’s son. He is two years old.

2. Memorial Expenses in honor of Mrs. Elizabeth Peters.

Make checks payable to McGarity Elementary School. Please indicate which fund you want your donation to be applied. You may give your donation to June Fields, bookkeeper at McGarity in the front office.

Thank you so much for posting this! Unable to attend the funeral, but it is great to know the contributions we can make to her legacy.

What a touching tribute to their music teacher... :wub:

My daughter also went upfront to sing Jesus loves Me, and I think it will be a memory she will keep always. It was a very touching service. My daughter liked the part where Mrs. Peters and her husband were holding hands before the accident. What a wonderful example of a very loving family. She is still teaching by example to us all. :)