Paulding.com

So tell us, How are you going to vote

Things Change ... has your vote changed?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Voters are being asked to renew the SPLOST (one cent sales tax). How are you leaning?

• For
    • Against
    • Undecided
  2. 2. District 19 House of Reps

• Will Avery (D)
    • Paulette Braddock ®
    • Outside the district and can't vote/won't vote
  3. 3. Georgia Governor

• John Monds (L)
    • Nathan Deal ®
    • Roy Barnes (D)
    • Won't vote in this race
  4. 4. Lt. Governor

• Casey Cagel ®
    • Dan Barber (L)
    • Carol Porter (D)
    • undecided
  5. 5. US Senate

• Michael Thurmond (D)
    • Johnny Isakson ®
    • Chuck Donnovan (L)
    • undecided
  6. 6. Senate District 31

• Tracy Bennett (D)
    • Bill Heath ®
  7. 7. Senate District 30

• Pat Rhudy (D)
    • Bill Hamrick ®
  8. 8. Have you voted early?

• I have already voted
    • I haven't voted yet but will vote early
    • I'm waiting until election day because ... well things happen and people aren't always what we thought.
    • I plan to vote on election day
    • I don't plan to vote at all.

Since Cobb County is such a wonderful place and they seem to do everything the way you like it--why are you living in Paulding????

I am no longer living in Paulding. I moved to Bartow 1 year ago this month.

I had a piece of crap neighbor, aka animal killer, drug addict, alcoholic, that shot at me, in my own front yard. It took 2 years to get him to court. He was convicted of 4 felonies, 6 misdemeamors and he got freeking HOUSE ARREST! Wow! That made me feel a LOT safer. TIME TO GET THE HECK OUTTA there.

I still love Paulding and always will. Like I said, my whole family has roots here. My grand-mother was a nurse (head nurse) at Paulding Hospital for many years. I am very attached to Paulding. I even raised my children here. One still lives here with my grand-children.

But ,I have HAD it with the way the county is run. I hope someday it will change, but as long as you have new-commers that believe the lies and old-timer that still elect the good 'ol boys, it won't.

Thanks for asking.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I voted early, and I voted NO on all the amendments, NO on SPLOST and I voted for Roy Barnes.

You are right. But it seems like the Paulding County Board of Education has become co-dependant. The more we give the more they want. Maybe they should do like the rest of us and learn to live with

Ok, went out at lunch in Cobb County were I actually have a place to work, where they are working to correct their traffic problems, where they have good parks & police protection (I could keep go

I get what you're saying, BMR, but I think any American citizen can (and should) be proud of his or her vote, no matter how they voted. It is one of the most precious rights and privileges we hold.

You're absolutely right.

I get what you're saying, BMR, but I think any American citizen can (and should) be proud of his or her vote, no matter how they voted. It is one of the most precious rights and privileges we hold.

You are right but you must do it with dignity.

I'm very close to deciding NOT to vote Governor cause I don't want to vote Deal. :-( I refuse to vote for Deal just because he's Rep. I don't like him.

I'm unsure about SPLOST and I am voting "NO" on Amendment 1.

Yea, I usually vote Republican, but I think I'm going to vote for Monds in protest.

Then no matter if Deal or Roy wins, I can complain saying *I* didn't vote for him!!

:)

Yes to SPLOST at this time, for me at least, the property tax cut is worth it.

I'm pretty much voting "NO" to all the amendments. Until they are up front and write the blasted things in English, I don't trust them.

Yea, I usually vote Republican, but I think I'm going to vote for Monds in protest.

Then no matter if Deal or Roy wins, I can complain saying *I* didn't vote for him!!

:)

Yes to SPLOST at this time, for me at least, the property tax cut is worth it.

I'm pretty much voting "NO" to all the amendments. Until they are up front and write the blasted things in English, I don't trust them.

I received an email explaining amendment one. If indeed the explanation is correct it is giving some teeth to no compete clauses that some employers require employees to sign. Since Georgia is a "right to work" state, the no compete clauses will not hold up in court as of now.

If our lawmakers were actually working for us, this amendment would never have made it to the ballot. This is absolute BS and the people in the legislature that got this on the ballot should be fired.

• Like 2

I received an email explaining amendment one. If indeed the explanation is correct it is giving some teeth to no compete clauses that some employers require employees to sign. Since Georgia is a "right to work" state, the no compete clauses will not hold up in court as of now.

If our lawmakers were actually working for us, this amendment would never have made it to the ballot. This is absolute BS and the people in the legislature that got this on the ballot should be fired.

Amendment 1 is absolutely wrong. The part that discusses the no competition aspect is buried in a bill that will go into effect if the amendment passes. Our representatives worded it in a deceitful manner and hid it in legislation that no one knows about hoping that it would pass.

Amendment 1 is absolutely wrong. The part that discusses the no competition aspect is buried in a bill that will go into effect if the amendment passes. Our representatives worded it in a deceitful manner and hid it in legislation that no one knows about hoping that it would pass.

I agree with you on this one. I don't think changing the Constitution is a good idea as a rule. I voted no on all of the amendments.

I find it interesting that the poll indicates republican wins in all races EXCEPT the district 19 house of reps race.

Reckon why dat is??

Because Paulette Braddock refused to debate for the Paulding County citizens on 3 different occasions and people are tired of her not be accessible, with her cruise last week to the Caribbean and all.

Because Paulette Braddock refused to debate for the Paulding County citizens on 3 different occasions and people are tired of her not be accessible, with her cruise last week to the Caribbean and all.

It was a short cruise. Maybe on Alatoona or Lanier. She was seen on her road, Quail Hollow, the night after the Chamber event, and she gave a phone interview with Galloway from the AJC the morning of the event. I think that may have been an itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny white lie on Paulette's part that she could not attend because of her cruise.

I think her plan is just to lay-low, and let the "R" beside her name try to win it for her, lack of substance, character, or any other issues.

It was a short cruise. Maybe on Alatoona or Lanier. She was seen on her road, Quail Hollow, the night after the Chamber event, and she gave a phone interview with Galloway from the AJC the morning of the event. I think that may have been an itsy-bitsy, teeny-tiny white lie on Paulette's part that she could not attend because of her cruise.

I think her plan is just to lay-low, and let the "R" beside her name try to win it for her, lack of substance, character, or any other issues.

FYI- She was also at her 25th High School reunion this past Saturday evening.

I couldn't participate in the poll because I was unable to answer all the questions about who I am voting for.

I do however intend to vote YES on SPLOST. I have to say had I made my decision just on what was being said on P.com I may have voted NO but I attended two meeting where it was presented and discussed and I feel like it is a no-brainer.

I plan to vote Tuesday as well. Seems to be more exciting to do it that way. I know...voting...exciting?.... :)

Well who ever wins...hopefully we all can still get along :)

I have never been more happy to see an election day get here. May the best MAN win. ;) :D

I couldn't participate in the poll because I was unable to answer all the questions about who I am voting for.

I do however intend to vote YES on SPLOST. I have to say had I made my decision just on what was being said on P.com I may have voted NO but I attended two meeting where it was presented and discussed and I feel like it is a no-brainer.

Thank you, I hope a lot of other voters see it this way.

Animal - where have you been?this is your season and you have not been a part of it. Besides I miss you .

Animal, thanks, I miss you too... thaknks for remembering me... you just have not come out of your cave too much..... We have had some good discussions and bashes over the years have we not? I have been on off and on.... what you want to argue about? Surely we can't be in agreement?