Potato

Soup

Cheese

Bacon

That's all. :rolleyes:

hmmm, did someone say something?

I just woke up from a 3 hour Siesta after I ate one of your

Reuben Sandwiches and Onion Rings!

BTW - It WAS AWESOME and I am Totally STUFFED!

p_00073.jpg

I'm sure the Potato Soup is just as DELICIOUS! B)

Sounds good for dinner tonight!! Can i have the recipe pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease?? :D

This is a recipe a friend recently PM'd me. It is GOOD!!! Just fry some bacon and crumble on top with grated cheese. If you like add some green onions. YUM YUM GOOD!!!

Cut and dice about 4/5 potatoes. Wash and fill the pan with water about 1 inch above the potatoes. 1/2 to 3/4 stick of butter (I cut it in little slices) and 3/4 to 1 cup of milk. Salt it pretty good. Cook it slow.

(But, I think Pastor Matt was hoping you would come and eat his @ The Neighborhood Cafe.)

OK Pastor Matt, was it just a torture post???

Where you going to get it???? Sounds so good.

I have to go pick up some hats that zoo made me, I am waiting on her directions and then I will be going to get me some potato soup for dinner! I really dont feel like cleaning up the kitchen tonight and it would be nice to see Pastor Matt again. I have not seen him in a while and we use to go to church together.

OK Pastor Matt, was it just a torture post???

Where you going to get it???? Sounds so good.

We're gonna have it tomorrow at The Neighborhood Cafe!

I can't give out the recipe, but it is some good stuff!

I got a feeling we won't have it all day, it will sell out.......we open at 10:30! :rolleyes:

I have to go pick up some hats that zoo made me, I am waiting on her directions and then I will be going to get me some potato soup for dinner! I really dont feel like cleaning up the kitchen tonight and it would be nice to see Pastor Matt again. I have not seen him in a while and we use to go to church together.

Where is Pastor Matts place? I'd love to go pick up some soup.

AND the dumplings tomorrow!

hmmm, did someone say something?

I just woke up from a 3 hour Siesta after I ate one of your

Reuben Sandwiches and Onion Rings!

BTW - It WAS AWESOME and I am Totally STUFFED!

post-1715-1231882866_thumb.jpg

I'm sure the Potato Soup is just as DELICIOUS! B)

That's great! Thanks for the compliment!

The Ruben is a big seller...and the onion rings are some of the best I have ever had.....fresh, not frozen, BTW.

Dont get into too much of a rush for the soup, we don't have it tonight...we will have it tomorrow.

:D

OMG, you cant post something like that and then tell me you dont have it tonight. :(

Guess I can come tomorrow on the way to church.

Dont get into too much of a rush for the soup, we don't have it tonight...we will have it tomorrow.

:D

Come on...help a girl out here....

YOU'VE GOTTA' PUT YOUR ADDRESS IN YOUR SIGNATURE!

I'm just sayin' it would help me anyway. :pardon:

Hey guys --- Pastor Matt will be home soon... He's busy busy these days!

Anyway, the cafe is located at the Village at Dallas shopping center at the corner of 278 and Seaboard Ave just before you get to the new courthouse.

They open at 1030am and will be there until 7pm tomorrow night.

I am making potato soup tonight...i want the creamy kind..not with the big chunks but maybe some hear and there. How do i do it? All of the recipes i have seen have the big potato chunks still in them. And i got the "real bacon pieces" in the jar :( Is my soup not going to be flavorful if i don't have bacon to fry?? Im not a good cook!! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

I am making potato soup tonight...i want the creamy kind..not with the big chunks but maybe some hear and there. How do i do it? All of the recipes i have seen have the big potato chunks still in them. And i got the "real bacon pieces" in the jar :( Is my soup not going to be flavorful if i don't have bacon to fry?? Im not a good cook!! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

Your soup will be good without the bacon. Personally, I don't like bacon in mine.

And just cut the potatoes smaller and as they boil and you stir them some will come apart and make the soup thicker.

I use milk after the potatoes are boiled and then flour to thicken it (or as you said, make it creamy).

Oh, and I went to see Matt and got a bowl of soup and some sweet potatoe fries!!

YUMMMM!!

Nice meeting you Matt. (and the bowl was too much, I should have went with the smaller cup.)

:p

If you want it creamy, make your potatoes first, and mash them like you're making mashed potatoes. Then used the mashed potatoes for your soup. Add milk and whatever seasonings/cheese/whatever you want. I often make a creamy potato soup out of leftover mashed potatoes. It works wonderfully. :)

Great! Thanks ya'll! So, i assume i add the other things to taste but how much milk?

Basically, after the potatoes are cooked, I drain the the water and add the milk.............and you're NOT going to boil the milk like you did the water. You want to bring it to a slow boil and then turn it down or you will scorch the milk. How much you use is dependant upon how much soup you want. The milk is your soup with the potatoes added.

I was telling Matt today what I like better than potatoe soup is potatoe dumplings. My grandmother used to make it and I still make it. I love it!! But I make my own dumplings, just like I make biscuit dough and I use buttermilk.

You start out with the potatoes just like you were making the soup. Then I drain about half the water and add the milk. After I bring the milk to a slow boil I pinch off small pieces of dough, stir it good and let it slow simmer (about 20 mins). The dough will thicken the soup. Continue to stir until you're ready to serve.

Basically, after the potatoes are cooked, I drain the the water and add the milk.............and you're NOT going to boil the milk like you did the water. You want to bring it to a slow boil and then turn it down or you will scorch the milk. How much you use is dependant upon how much soup you want. The milk is your soup with the potatoes added.

I was telling Matt today what I like better than potatoe soup is potatoe dumplings. My grandmother used to make it and I still make it. I love it!! But I make my own dumplings, just like I make biscuit dough and I use buttermilk.

You start out with the potatoes just like you were making the soup. Then I drain about half the water and add the milk. After I bring the milk to a slow boil I pinch off small pieces of dough, stir it good and let it slow simmer (about 20 mins). The dough will thicken the soup. Continue to stir until you're ready to serve.

THAT sounds really good!! Alright, i will let you guys know how it turns out!

Great! Thanks ya'll! So, i assume i add the other things to taste but how much milk?

Sorry--I'm a cook who never measures anything! :lol:

If you're going the mashed potato route, just add small amounts of milk to your potatoes until it has the consistency you want for your soup. And heat it slowly. Add the spices/bacon/whatever after you get the soup to the consistency you're looking for. And if you add cheese, you may need to add a bit more milk after the cheese melts. Cheese will thicken the soup.