Paulding.com

WILL TODD POWNALL WALK THE WALK?

Via Todd Pownall's www.toddpownall.com/index.php?page=future-of-paulding"]website:

Taxes and Millage Rates: I am not in favor of a tax increase or millage rate increase. This means as a county we will have to look for creative solutions to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and provide county services. Todd Pownall

Well, I'm a little late discovering this (due to this County's non-existant method of communicating with its residents):

In my opinion and with careful consideration, the only responsible option is to slightly increase the millage rate. (David Austin, page 2, July 9, 2010 Budget Revision www.paulding.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=471"]www.paulding.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=471 )

That's right. Even though the original www.paulding.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=440"]June 1st Budget said there would be no millage-rate increase, David Austin and the BOC will be voting on August 10th to raise the property tax mill-rate from 6.65 to 7.60 (a 14% increase).

Now, here's my question to Todd Pownall. Will you be at the Public Hearing to tell David Austin and the rest of the BOC not to raise the millage rate and to "look for creative solutions" to solving our budget deficit?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NG, For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months wit

Todd knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk. He tells it straight, doesn't beat around the bush. Very upstanding and honest, has more integrity than most. I'm just not sure how he fits in to

Amazing...... Here we have an administration that uses the old scare tactic of raising taxes if SPLOST doesn't pass. Now that they got SPLOST passed, we'll get a tax increase anyway. If this happened

Via Todd Pownall's www.toddpownall.com/index.php?page=future-of-paulding"]website:

Well, I'm a little late discovering this (due to this County's non-existant method of communicating with its residents):

That's right. Even though the original www.paulding.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=440"]June 1st Budget said there would be no millage-rate increase, David Austin and the BOC will be voting on August 10th to raise the property tax mill-rate from 6.65 to 7.60 (a 14% increase).

Now, here's my question to Todd Pownall. Will you be at the Public Hearing to tell David Austin and the rest of the BOC not to raise the millage rate and to "look for creative solutions" to solving our budget deficit?

They got their SPLOST; they need to leave the F'in millage rate alone!

Here is what I am betting you. If Pownall sees that a tax increase is a MUST to keep the county going, he will have the balls to tell you, me and everyone else to their face that it is a must.

Wasn't your girl involved in trying to hide a tax increase from the citizens?

Todd knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk. He tells it straight, doesn't beat around the bush. Very upstanding and honest, has more integrity than most. I'm just not sure how he fits in to this political arena, he's much to nice. :lol:

• Like 1

I would like to know the answer to that too. I know why the commission changed in the election of 2008. Taxes and the increase of them would make a difference in my vote. The Commissioners who vote for one will own it. Isn't is funny that it is the same day as the run off election. It might have changed my vote in the primary.dry.gif

I would like to know the answer to that too. I know why the commission changed in the election of 2008. Taxes and the increase of them would make a difference in my vote. The Commissioners who vote for one will own it. Isn't is funny that it is the same day as the run off election. It might have changed my vote in the primary.dry.gif

From where I sit, this is a proposed millage rate increase, but will still be a net tax decrease. A 14% millage rate increase against an average 17.5% assessment decrease. Your net tax bill will still decrease by an average of 3.5%.

The tax commissioners office, along with the assessors have come up with a net tax digest for this year which will be 17.5% below last year. In order to maintain minimal county services I don't see where the BOC has much of a choice but to increase the millage rate to compensate for at least part of the tax digest decrease.

When King Jerry and company would have their annual millage rate roll-back, of 0.01mil, they would slap each other on the backs and brag on their tax decrease. But when you got your tax bill in he mail it was 10% more than the previous year based on the increase in the assessments.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see my taxes go down by the 25% assessment decrease I got this year, but at the same time I want to feel secure there will be an available deputy if I need one.

From where I sit, this is a proposed millage rate increase, but will still be a net tax decrease. A 14% millage rate increase against an average 17.5% assessment decrease. Your net tax bill will still decrease by an average of 3.5%.

The tax commissioners office, along with the assessors have come up with a net tax digest for this year which will be 17.5% below last year. In order to maintain minimal county services I don't see where the BOC has much of a choice but to increase the millage rate to compensate for at least part of the tax digest decrease.

When King Jerry and company would have their annual millage rate roll-back, of 0.01mil, they would slap each other on the backs and brag on their tax decrease. But when you got your tax bill in he mail it was 10% more than the previous year based on the increase in the assessments.

Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to see my taxes go down by the 25% assessment decrease I got this year, but at the same time I want to feel secure there will be an available deputy if I need one.

Sounds a little like the old excuses by the old BOC. Why do you think it changed by such a huge number of votes?

I know we previously discussed this issue in another thread. Voting to increase the millage rate which results in a total tax digest less than last year's is not a vote to cut taxes. It's a tax increase. Likewise, simply because the BOC did not vote to reduce the millage rate to keep the tax digest at the same one year as the previous year is not a vote to increase taxes, as has been suggested. I get the argument that Georgia law requires notification of a tax increase when the tax digest is higher one year than the prior even if the BOC voted to reduce the millage rate or it remained the same, but it's still not a vote to increase taxes.

Amazing...... Here we have an administration that uses the old scare tactic of raising taxes if SPLOST doesn't pass. Now that they got SPLOST passed, we'll get a tax increase anyway. If this happened a few years ago the same crowd on here saying it isn't really a tax increase would be calling for the head of every commissioner, calling them crooks, liars, thieves and waiting for the investigation that would magically come and throw them all in the pokey. Where can I get some of that Kool-Aid?

• Like 1

I know we previously discussed this issue in another thread. Voting to increase the millage rate which results in a total tax digest less than last year's is not a vote to cut taxes. It's a tax increase. Likewise, simply because the BOC did not vote to reduce the millage rate to keep the tax digest at the same one year as the previous year is not a vote to increase taxes, as has been suggested. I get the argument that Georgia law requires notification of a tax increase when the tax digest is higher one year than the prior even if the BOC voted to reduce the millage rate or it remained the same, but it's still not a vote to increase taxes.

You have got to be kidding me.

You would be happier paying more and have the millage rate cut than paying less with a millage rate increase?

Boy I wish I had as much money as you do that I would love to send more to the Government and be happy about it. :blink:

Come on, it's pretty simple, no matter what happens to the digest vs the rate:

If I pay more this year than last year, I got a tax increase.

If I pay less this year than last year, I got a tax cut.

Now a comment on this budget change:

I'll be the first to admit I am disappointed in David. It appears now that the first proposed budget was just testing the waters to see what the departments reactions were should they not increase the rate to make up for the value drop.

Since is his second budget, I would hope as Chairman, he would have had a feel for how close to the edge the county is running this year and have already known if a 17% additional drop could be absorbed.

If he already was pretty sure that the budget was going to have to be revised to make up some that lost revenue, then he should have stated so in the cover letter of the first budget that a revised version with a millage rate adjustment was likely, just to keep expectations in line and keep us informed.

I also agree that the timing of this announced budget change in respect to the elections is questionable. I am always much happier with a leader who is very open with where they are going vs this mucking around. I think he just blew a good bit of he credibility he had with me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad taxes are going down, not up like the previous administration , I just don't like the method he chose to use to discount the increase until the last minute. I'll be letting him know about it too.

Also if you think this increase is bad, trust me, without the SPLOST passing, you'd seen another 3 mil or so added to the bill on TOP of this if the budget is in this close to the edge.

Sounds like Pownall and Barnett both support the mill-rate increase.

If that is what the county needs to stay safe and financially stable then I think they should support it. That is their job, to keep the county running properly for the voters. However, David should not have put out that misleading budget to begin with if their was no plan to keep it.

I want my representative to do what is needed to provides the minimum required services the county must provide to keep us safe, traffic moving, etc. If that means maintaining the current tax level, then fine, I'm used to paying it, after all, I paid more than this for the last 6 years under Jerry! Just be up front about it.

If that is what the county needs to stay safe and financially stable then I think they should support it. That is their job, to keep the county running properly for the voters. However, David should not have put out that misleading budget to begin with if their was no plan to keep it.

I want my representative to do what is needed to provides the minimum required services the county must provide to keep us safe, traffic moving, etc. If that means maintaining the current tax level, then fine, I'm used to paying it, after all, I paid more than this for the last 6 years under Jerry! Just be up front about it.

We can argue the actual mill-rate on another thread. My issue is that the guy who wants to represent me has already contradicted his www.toddpownall.com/index.php?page=future-of-paulding"]website. When did he think mill-rate increases would be proposed? During good times?

"I am not in favor of a tax increase or millage rate increase. This means as a county we will have to look for creative solutions to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and provide county services." Todd Pownall

It really is a non-issue for them.

They won't have a vote on the millage rate to be set any more than you or I would have a vote.

I do think most folks favored rolling back the millage rate to compensate for inflation in the tax digest.

However, as a supporter of shrinking millage rates during times of inflation, I think it a bit hypocritical to oppose increasing millage rates to compensate for deflation.

pubby

I have no doubt that criminals would like to see the millage rate remain the same during a deflationary time as they know total revenues will plummet forcing a layoff of deputies, among others.

This is why I voted for Gregory. Damn I hate he lost.

I remember him saying that he was on the fence about SPLOST because there was still time to raise the mill rate which had no gurantee of being lowered the following year once it was raised and that once it passed on the promise of needing county income or deputies would be lost then it was his fear that the same excuse would be used for mill increase.

Guy was the only one that saw this coming. Just wasn't in with the good old guys and gals of the county enought though.

Good call Adam!! clapping.gif

We can argue the actual mill-rate on another thread. My issue is that the guy who wants to represent me has already contradicted his www.toddpownall.com/index.php?page=future-of-paulding"]website. When did he think mill-rate increases would be proposed? During good times?

Ah I see. Well, interesting question, he seems to have backed himself in a corner with that statement on his website. Not real smart to have included the tax rate in that pledge when no one has control over the property values in the county. Kinda like Jason did with all his press releases on rolling back the rate further.

There has to be a balance somewhere between the good of the county and the tax load.

The video seems to show that he does realize that the good of the county is an important thing, rather than just campaign rhetoric. Of course, not being on the commission yet, he doesn't have any inside information on the budget, so he's going by what has been published just like you and me.

He just needs to fix his website and just vow against actual tax increases.

He just needs to fix his website and just vow against actual tax increases.

So you're saying we have an individual who's running for commissioner who doesn't even understand how the mill-rate system works? That's real comforting.

It really is a non-issue for them.

They won't have a vote on the millage rate to be set any more than you or I would have a vote.

I do think most folks favored rolling back the millage rate to compensate for inflation in the tax digest.

However, as a supporter of shrinking millage rates during times of inflation, I think it a bit hypocritical to oppose increasing millage rates to compensate for deflation.

pubby

I have no doubt that criminals would like to see the millage rate remain the same during a deflationary time as they know total revenues will plummet forcing a layoff of deputies, among others.

Pubby, you have to do better than that. The county is getting ready to increase the millage rate by 14% and you think the candidates should get a free-pass on commenting? Why were the candidates browbeaten for their opinion on the SPLOST which isn't even in the control of the commissioners? However, on a property tax mill-rate increase, which the residents don't get to vote on, you want to give the commissioner candidates a pass? Come on.

Edited by Reagan Republican

Here is what I am betting you. If Pownall sees that a tax increase is a MUST to keep the county going, he will have the balls to tell you, me and everyone else to their face that it is a must.

Wasn't your girl involved in trying to hide a tax increase from the citizens?

That is too good nothing is sacred on this siteblush.gif

You have got to be kidding me.

You would be happier paying more and have the millage rate cut than paying less with a millage rate increase?

Boy I wish I had as much money as you do that I would love to send more to the Government and be happy about it. :blink:

Come on, it's pretty simple, no matter what happens to the digest vs the rate:

If I pay more this year than last year, I got a tax increase.

If I pay less this year than last year, I got a tax cut.

No, I am not kidding. I never said I would be happier paying more and have the millage rate cut than paying less with a millage rate increase. My point is that some have suggested that the BOC VOTED for a tax increase by not voting to decrease the millage rate to keep the tax digest equal to or less than the prior year's tax digest. That is not correct. No such vote occurred to increase taxes. You can argue that the BOC did not vote to reduce taxes, but it is incorrect to say that they voted to increase our taxes when no such vote ever took place.

Those that take such a position that the BOC voted for a tax increase anytime the tax digest increases year over year would have to likewise take the position that the BOC voted to decrease taxes this year even if they actually voted to increase the millage rate, provided that the tax digest is less this year than last year (which is exactly what is supposed to happen this year). That's just as ridiculous. Voting to increase our millage rates is not a vote to cut taxes. Come on.

Ok, based on what is happening in Washington and what has happened in the past in Paulding County we do not need a commission full of "buddies". We need to keep balance by voting for folks that will not go with the flow. That's what happened with the past commissioners. We need checks and balances. I don't think we need Pownall and Barnett along with Austin. I believe both candidates running in my post are capable and since I can only vote in one post, I will be voting against the "group".

• Like 1

I believe Todd has ran on a platform or fiscal responsibility and lower taxes while Mrs. Cochran was part of the Jerry Shearin administration that nearly bankrupted this county.

Actually he is running on the following which he now looks very wishy-washy on.

"I am not in favor of a tax increase or millage rate increase. This means as a county we will have to look for creative solutions to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and provide county services." Todd Pownall

Ok, based on what is happening in Washington and what has happened in the past in Paulding County we do not need a commission full of "buddies". We need to keep balance by voting for folks that will not go with the flow. That's what happened with the past commissioners. We need checks and balances. I don't think we need Pownall and Barnett along with Austin. I believe both candidates running in my post are capable and since I can only vote in one post, I will be voting against the "group".

I am glad you are really thinking this out and basing your vote on what you think is in the best interest of the county.

Sound Guy,

I believe the chronilogical sequence of the preliminary budget proposal was prior to the tax commissioner's preliminary tax digest. Hence, the original budget proposal was based on much higher expected revenues.

What choices do you want the BOC to make when they find themselves, and the rest of us, faced with a 17% reduction in property values for the upcoming year ?

I don't see anywhere they could cut another 17% and still provide basic services.

The average NET tax bill will still be approximately 3% to 4% lower than last year.

The only other alternative would be to cut another 25% or so of the county workforce including deputies, courts, etc.

I agree 110% drinks.gif I was actually coming in to post the same thing. I don't have a voice (vote) in either post, but that's my opinion.

Sound Guy,

I believe the chronilogical sequence of the preliminary budget proposal was prior to the tax commissioner's preliminary tax digest. Hence, the original budget proposal was based on much higher expected revenues.

Wrong. Estimated General Fund Revenue is listed as $47,969,000 (based on 6.65 mill-rate) in both the June 1st and July 9th versions of the budget. Nothing has changed since June 1st. Except now David Austin wants a 14% increase in the mill-rate.

No, I am not kidding. I never said I would be happier paying more and have the millage rate cut than paying less with a millage rate increase. My point is that some have suggested that the BOC VOTED for a tax increase by not voting to decrease the millage rate to keep the tax digest equal to or less than the prior year's tax digest. That is not correct. No such vote occurred to increase taxes. You can argue that the BOC did not vote to reduce taxes, but it is incorrect to say that they voted to increase our taxes when no such vote ever took place.

Those that take such a position that the BOC voted for a tax increase anytime the tax digest increases year over year would have to likewise take the position that the BOC voted to decrease taxes this year even if they actually voted to increase the millage rate, provided that the tax digest is less this year than last year (which is exactly what is supposed to happen this year). That's just as ridiculous. Voting to increase our millage rates is not a vote to cut taxes. Come on.

Ok, I see where you are coming from. I believe that the budget (with it's millage rate) has to be voted on and passed every year, so they are directly voting on the taxes that will be collected. I'll have to look and confirm that has happened in the past.

If that is correct, then it would seem that a vote on a budget that has lower collections from the taxpayers is a vote to reduce taxes those taxpayers (since they pay less than they did the year before) no matter what the rate/tax base. On the other hand, if the county is collecting more than last year, no matter what the rate/tax is, then it's a vote to raise taxes.

Wrong. Estimated General Fund Revenue is listed as $47,969,000 (based on 6.65 mill-rate) in both the June 1st and July 9th versions of the budget. Nothing has changed since June 1st. Except now David Austin wants a 14% increase in the mill-rate.

And the majority of the county STILL prefers Mr. Austin over that snake in the grass we had in there before.

NG,

For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months with Tommie Graham on the board.

Have you taken a serious look at just why Beverly Cochran is running ?

Even though her "boss" lost the election, she expected to stay on in her rather cushy $65,000 a year job when her new boss let her know he did not wish to keep her. But she was able to get the 3 votes on the BOC she needed to keep her.

Most government employees are expected to hand in their resignation when the new elected official takes over. But she was special.

She makes a "deal" with David to transfer to another position within the county, even though others are getting laid off, at her rather exhorbitant rate of pay. So she goes to the DA office.

6 months later with massive budget cutbacks, the DA;s office lays her off. These budget reductions were due primarily to the fact that her former boss, Good 'Ol Jerry had so depleted the reserve accounts to service the bond for the Taj Mahal Admin Building and Courthouse and Greenhouse since their sneaky bid to get a back door tax increase to pay the bonds came into the public eye.

So Beverly hires an attorney and threatens to sue the county for eliminating her job. She accpets a $50,000 out of court settlement instead of sueing.

And 7 months later she decides to run for a seat on the BOC.

Yeah, all the right reasons to "serve" the county.

She was the BOC administrative assistant during the time Bill Carruth was the chairman, privy to the insider scoop that the Hiram Parkway, nee Bill Carruth Parkway would be built, and where. And by a massive coincidence, his father, Aiken just happened to get a hankering to buy up all the property along where the parkway was coming.

Beverly sat in on all the meetings with the BOC, and the various developers over those same 12 years watching and taking down the note for all the deals done to give us Paulding as it is today, with thousands of empty lots and houses and a dwindling tax base [since this same group threw up roadblocks on any decent potential industrial developments] since all they did was approve zonings and infrastructure to build houses, houses and houses.

The voters took the first step in dismantling the machine installed by the RBMDs 2 years ago by sending Jerry packing and putting Tommie Graham on the BOC.

Now the voters have the opportunity to finish dismantling the RBMD machine that has run Paulding for way to long. Todd Pownall and David Barnett will both help to start steering Paulding to planned growth and encouraging industrial development to help diversify our tax base.

A vote for Beverly Cochran, Tony Crowe, or Paulette Braddock are votes for the Jerry Shearin Cartel and the ROBBER BARONS. It is long past time to send the RBMDs elsewhere to do their business.

Your choice...

• Like 1

NG,

For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months with Tommie Graham on the board.

Even though her "boss" lost the election, she expected to stay on in her rather cushy $65,000 a year job when her new boss let her know he did not wish to keep her. But she was able to get the 3 votes on the BOC she needed to keep her.

Most government employees are expected to hand in their resignation when the new elected official takes over. But she was special.

She makes a "deal" with David to transfer to another position within the county, even though others are getting laid off, at her rather exhorbitant rate of pay. So she goes to the DA office.

6 months later with massive budget cutbacks, the DA;s office lays her off. These budget reductions were due primarily to the fact that her former boss, Good 'Ol Jerry had so depleted the reserve accounts to service the bond for the Taj Mahal Admin Building and Courthouse and Greenhouse since their sneaky bid to get a back door tax increase to pay the bonds came into the public eye.

So Beverly hires an attorney and threatens to sue the county for eliminating her job. She accpets a $50,000 out of court settlement instead of sueing.

She was the BOC administrative assistant during the time Bill Carruth was the chairman, privy to the insider scoop that the Hiram Parkway, nee Bill Carruth Parkway would be built, and where. And by a massive coincidence, his father, Aiken just happened to get a hankering to buy up all the property along where the parkway was coming.

Beverly sat in on all the meetings with the BOC, and the various developers over those same 12 years watching and taking down the note for all the deals done to give us Paulding as it is today, with thousands of empty lots and houses and a dwindling tax base [since this same group threw up roadblocks on any decent potential industrial developments] since all they did was approve zonings and infrastructure to build houses, houses and houses.

The voters took the first step in dismantling the machine installed by the RBMDs 2 years ago by sending Jerry packing and putting Tommie Graham on the BOC.

Now the voters have the opportunity to finish dismantling the RBMD machine that has run Paulding for way to long. Todd Pownall and David Barnett will both help to start steering Paulding to planned growth and encouraging industrial development to help diversify our tax base.

A vote for Beverly Cochran, Tony Crowe, or Paulette Braddock are votes for the Jerry Shearin Cartel and the ROBBER BARONS. It is long past time to send the RBMDs elsewhere to do their business.

Your choice...

Now Tony Crowe is part of the Cartel? You're really getting desperate.

• Like 1

NG,

Your choice...

Beverly appears to have been smart enough to look out for her retirement (or try to). I can't fault her for that. David could not fire her without the vote of the full Commission, she did not have to quit, she worked out an agreement to give David what he wanted and save her retirement. She ended up being the victim of a reduction in force so I don't know if she was able to keep the retirement.

Just says to me that she is smart enough to do the job. I think Todd is too.

What happens next year when they decide that including foreclosures in value assessments was a bad idea and go back to the old way of figuring your home's tax value? Will they then decrease the millage rate or will they leave it alone and hit us with a huge increase?

I am not in Beverly's district, if I were my vote would go to Todd. I will be voting for Tony Crowe. We need balance somewhere and I don't want another representative from that "Northern corridor". We got nothing and they got it all. Between my house and business I doubt they pay more taxes than I do............it's time for us Westerners to get some attention. I will not vote for Barnett. ;)

What happens next year when they decide that including foreclosures in value assessments was a bad idea and go back to the old way of figuring your home's tax value? Will they then decrease the millage rate or will they leave it alone and hit us with a huge increase?

that is what the law passed by Roy Barnes did was force the commissions to hold public hearings when the values in the digest increased creating a 'hidden tax increase' ...

It was a hearing on a tax increase caused by this law that left Jerry with the option of having to man up for the costs of the wildlife refuge and the NEW COURTHOUSE, that had him pull money from the county's reserves to pay the bonded indebtedness for those items. That allowed him to avoid the 'bad publicity' set for the days before the primary election and claim, for political reasons only, that there would be no tax increase.

The point is, though Chainshaw ... that the law is in place to force multiple public hearings if the digest is miraculously increased and the millage rate is not adjusted downward to compensate for that inflation in valuations.

pubby

Beverly appears to have been smart enough to look out for her retirement (or try to). I can't fault her for that. David could not fire her without the vote of the full Commission, she did not have to quit, she worked out an agreement to give David what he wanted and save her retirement. She ended up being the victim of a reduction in force so I don't know if she was able to keep the retirement.

Just says to me that she is smart enough to do the job. I think Todd is too.

So now running a scam to steal money from taxpayers is refered to as "smart"? What the hell? If a democrat had pulled this stunt you would be swallowing your damn tongue. Must be nice to be brainwashed, no regrets.

RR I see that you are up to some of your old tricks again of misinforming the readers here on P.com

First I am just as concerned about a tax increase as anyone in the county including yourself, And, I do plan on attending the meeting on August 10, 2010 and if need be voice my opposition to the proposed budget. Will You????

Having said that I am having a little problem coming up with the same figures that you and some others are on this proposed millage rate increase would you please show the math on the 14% increase?

Furthermore if I understand the formula used in figuring what a mill is equal to, One mill is equal to one dollar per thousand dollars of assessed value less any homestead exemptions and/or any other exemptions so a home valued at $100,000 Would be assessed at $40,000 less $2,000 homestead exemptions and thus taxed at $38,000 times the proposed tax increase of .95 of a mill, In this case that would amount to a $36.10 increase in the M&O rate only for the entire year or about .10 cents per day.

But wait…………… It could not be that large of an increase since the average property across the County Depreciated 17% so the example used above the taxable amount is now $33,200 X .95 mill rate increase or $31.54 per year or about .08 per day.

Since the .95 mil rate increase only applied to the county M&O rate as figured above It will not apply to the county bonds, fire tax levy, School M&O, School bonds etc. you will actually be paying about $76.50 per year less than last year on the same property.

Really pretty good tax rate to maintain the same service for Police, Fire, Ambulance, 911 service, etc. I really know very few people who would mind paying these few cents for these services

I have no concerns about whether Todd Pownall Will stand up and oppose proposed tax increases I saw him do it the last year of Jerry Shearings Administration and Beverly Cochran was sitting on the podium right there with Jerry when he was exposed on TV If you would like I can post the You tube where Todd stood up to both of them?

WHERE WAS BEVERLY WHAT DID BEVERLY DO!!!!!! Yes she was part of the administrations that actually raised our taxes every year Will Beverly continue to walk this walk?????

PS See you next Tuesday at the meeting??