Paulding.com

New Paulding School Superintendent

Newsjunky:

Yes, it is Cliff Cole and he was hired as the permanent replacement with a multi-year contract, I understand.

pubby

Thanks Pubby! I think he is well thought of within the system. I look forward to seeing how he will handle things.

LOVE Cliff Cole. He was asst principal at Hiram Elem when our kids went there. Always pleasant and seemed to always go above and beyond the call of duty.

Congratulations Mr. Cole. Wish you nothing but the best in your new position.

But has qualified is he? He apparently has worked his way up in Paulding Co. in a few years. What has he done to show he can handle the issues?

What do you count as a few? He has been here 13 years and before that he was in Cobb County. I think he is very

qualified for the job.

What do you count as a few? He has been here 13 years and before that he was in Cobb County. I think he is very

qualified for the job.

How many years was he a classroom teacher and what did he teach? Where are his degrees from and what are they in?

How many years was he a classroom teacher and what did he teach? Where are his degrees from and what are they in?

I dont know how to post links/quotes but I just went to the pcsd website and there is information on Cliff Cole. He was in cobb for ten years before moving to paulding. He did teach in cobb along with other positions it appears. He came to paulding in 97 and has been a assistant princiapal/principal and I think it said he has been assistant super since 2007. It also listed his degrees/etc. Good information if your interested in finding out more about him. He is more then qualified and couldnt be a better pick in my opinion. I think it will be a nice change and I wish him the best of luck!

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about Cliff Cole. Now about the BOE in general.... Cliff was a great choice now, as he was a year and 1/2 ago. Why was he passed over at that time and the position given to someone who was in a position to retire shortly thereafter? I am sure that Cliff was as qualified then as he is now. Are there not procedures in place for looking for a new super? No feelers went out, no one was able to submit their application for the job. A position comes open and they fill it immediately? Is this how it is supposed to work? As stated, I like Cole, but I am just not sure about how or why things are done at our BOE? I am curious. (BTW: All these questions have been sent to the BOE, though I will not hold my breath on a response, so I thought I might get some insight here)

I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about Cliff Cole. Now about the BOE in general.... Cliff was a great choice now, as he was a year and 1/2 ago. Why was he passed over at that time and the position given to someone who was in a position to retire shortly thereafter? I am sure that Cliff was as qualified then as he is now. Are there not procedures in place for looking for a new super? No feelers went out, no one was able to submit their application for the job. A position comes open and they fill it immediately? Is this how it is supposed to work? As stated, I like Cole, but I am just not sure about how or why things are done at our BOE? I am curious. (BTW: All these questions have been sent to the BOE, though I will not hold my breath on a response, so I thought I might get some insight here)

I think they are good questions. If you get a reply, I would like to know what it contains.

Maybe they are trying to beat this: The announcement comes on the heels of a new state bill that, if passed, would make it illegal for school systems to give raises to superintendents while teachers are being furloughed. :ninja:

I think Cliff Cole is a good choice, I think I just missed the "choice" part...

Do I remember superintendent being an elected position back in the day or did I dream that?

Yes, the superintendent was elected. It would alternate between Carl Scoggins and Walter Abney for many years. They were each a great superintendent.

I think Mr. Cole will be great, and I'm very excited to hear that he got it.

I'm just a little upset that I had to get this info from p.com. How did everyone else find out about it?

I think Mr. Cole will be great, and I'm very excited to hear that he got it.

I'm just a little upset that I had to get this info from p.com. How did everyone else find out about it?

I believe that people attended the meeting where it was announced.

We got a call from an official confirming it immediately.

I am not sure if this is the type of info that the BOE would send mass emails or automated phone calls out for.

I am not sure if this is the type of info that the BOE would send mass emails or automated phone calls out for.

I would think so. He is taking over running the BOE of the county. :pardon: The call us for everything else.

There is also an announcement on the Paulding County Schools web site. I bet it will be in the Paulding Neighbor, the Sentinel, and the

Dallas New Era too.

I believe Mrs.Magill was the last one I remember voting for, and she had it for a while, after her I think the BOE just voted on it them selves.

Was Perren after her? I think Perren was appointed.

I wonder why they changed from elected to appointed?