Paulding.com

H1N1 in our schools.

Ok

Sense ive not heard too much around.

Whats the cases of H1N1 looking like around the schools.

Both daughters have said they have heard of friends being sent home and testing positive.

But you call the schools and dont get much on answers ..

Whats everyone seeing around?

I know for a fact we have had a few cases at work as well. Sounds like its headed this way. :o

Ok

Sense ive not heard too much around.

Whats the cases of H1N1 looking like around the schools.

Both daughters have said they have heard of friends being sent home and testing positive.

But you call the schools and dont get much on answers ..

Whats everyone seeing around?

I know for a fact we have had a few cases at work as well. Sounds like its headed this way. :o

then you haven't been on pcom much...that is all the board has been about

either swine flu or obama... yawn

My DD came home from school on Friday and said her best friend has the flu at her High school.

I am sorry to hear your house has it KDF, I sure hope everyone gets to feeling well fast.. :wub:

Sadie612, I seen people on here complaining about the vaccination but, I have not heard anything about it here in the community. It is sad to see it going around.

Edited by orrby

Ya know, I've been wanting to tell you all this. I moved here 3 years ago from the north, and haven't been extremely sick yet. Up there, we would get violently ill every January/February where a double sided toilet would have come in handy LOL! I think the air is so dry there, that the viruses can survive and grow more. I would recommend a humidifier to help stop the spread in your house. I havn't heard anything from my kids at their school, but my co-workers wife had it. She was sick for about 5 days, just very achy. Went to the doctors, tested positive and started feeling better 2 days later.

I seen that post myself and I also got one of those letters but ,I assumed it was just to be informative. It never actually occurred to me that it was actually in our schools so early.

I guess it isn't going to do much good to get vaccinated if when the vaccine is not here until late OCT. Most here will have already had it, if it does indeed spread as fast as they say. :(

Sorry again to those of you that have it.

Hope everyone gets better fast.

Edited by orrby
My DD came home from school on Friday and said her best friend has the flu at her High school.

I am sorry to hear your house has it KDF, I sure hope everyone gets to feeling well fast.. :wub:

Sadie612, I seen people on here complaining about the vaccination but, I have not heard anything about it here in the community. It is sad to see it going around.

nope... people have been talking about it being at certian schools and stuff. It is a few threads every day (so it seems)

That have beat the topic to death.

I think the gooberment is blowing it out of proportion

No kidding!

lol, how can people not have noticed... :lol:

Thanks, my son started running a fever Friday morning, took him to the dr had him tested and started the Tamiflu. Saturday he felt ALOT better and today you can't even tell he was ever sick. I was so worried when his test came back positive because he has asthma but I think if you stay on top of it and start the meds fast it's not that bad. I do know they are just calling it the flu now not H1N1, or the seasonal flu. Common sense tells us that it is the swine flu, I don't think it's even time for the seasonal flu. The swine flu was going around before school let out then it wasn't so bad during the summer, now that's school is back in we are seeing it again. I did look on the CDC website and the places at the worst right now are Georgia, Puerto Rico and Alaska.

Thanks, my son started running a fever Friday morning, took him to the dr had him tested and started the Tamiflu. Saturday he felt ALOT better and today you can't even tell he was ever sick. I was so worried when his test came back positive because he has asthma but I think if you stay on top of it and start the meds fast it's not that bad. I do know they are just calling it the flu now not H1N1, or the seasonal flu. Common sense tells us that it is the swine flu, I don't think it's even time for the seasonal flu. The swine flu was going around before school let out then it wasn't so bad during the summer, now that's school is back in we are seeing it again. I did look on the CDC website and the places at the worst right now are Georgia, Puerto Rico and Alaska.

what did they do to test him?

I had every sign of the Swine flu for a month ... went to the doctor twice and they never tested me or even said any thing about maybe having Swine Flu

what did they do to test him?

I had every sign of the Swine flu for a month ... went to the doctor twice and they never tested me or even said any thing about maybe having Swine Flu

The test they did is kind of like a strep test except in your nose.

I received a message from a child's parent I work with a couple of days ago. Her co-worker's 17 year old... very healthy son... became sick three days prior to this date and had died that night of swine flu. There may be a lot of hype... but it's also VERY real.... I'm sure this family never saw it coming or thought it would happen to them.... so sad....

I received a message from a child's parent I work with a couple of days ago. Her co-worker's 17 year old... very healthy son... became sick three days prior to this date and had died that night of swine flu. There may be a lot of hype... but it's also VERY real.... I'm sure this family never saw it coming or thought it would happen to them.... so sad....

I am so sorry for this family.

Where was this located?

Our pediatrician said that there is a lot of flu going around ... they have it through their offices all day, every day. But they have all been "regular" flu.

Also ... much of the concern over H1N1 is regarding what it could potentially be, not what it is right now.

Ya know what is strange....on Friday I called the health department about getting the regular flu shot for free like last year..they told me there were no confirmed cases in Paulding county. I don't know if that means they have to be diagnosed in Paulding or what???????STRANGE

We have it in S. GA., including the schools.

We're being proactive at our household - hand-washing galore.

Also, we are beefing up our immune system, and have homeopathic remedies ready otherwise.

We have it in S. GA., including the schools.

We're being proactive at our household - hand-washing galore.

Also, we are beefing up our immune system, and have homeopathic remedies ready otherwise.

SoapMom,

I would be very interested to know what are you doing to help beef up your immunity and what homeopathic remedies you will use if you do get sick. I am not big on shots and "new, rushed" vaccinations, yet I do want my family and I to avoid the flu.

Thanks,

Bella

Hand washing is already fanatical here! :D

SoapMom,

I would be very interested to know what are you doing to help beef up your immunity and what homeopathic remedies you will use if you do get sick. I am not big on shots and "new, rushed" vaccinations, yet I do want my family and I to avoid the flu.

Thanks,

Bella

Hand washing is already fanatical here! :D

Sure! :)

This is what I take for my immune system:

~ Astragulus - this is an herb, I take it one capsule, 3x a day.

~ Beta-Glucan - 1 capsule a day

In general for allergies / colds / etc:

~ Neti pot nasal washes -- at least 3x a day

Homeopathic Remedies:

~ Oscillococcinum, by Boiron [they have a $2 off coupon on their website - they sell it at most Walgreens.]

http://www.oscillo.com/

~ Sambucol: Black Elderberry Cold & Flu relief Tablets [there is usually a $3 off coupon inside the box.. just pop it open, and use - they sell it at most Walgreens.]

http://www.sambucolusa.com/

And then, there is also homeopathic nosodes that people can take, as well as constitutional remedies too.