Paulding.com

PUMP IT UP IN DALLAS IS UNDER NEW OWNERSHIP! What are some thoughts or comments about Pump It Up

ive only been once withmy kids for a birthday party, they had a great time, didnt like the separate rooms too much....

to compare, I have been to the monkey place out here in paulding county, didnt care for it too much either, too small, and the parents area was not anything but a couch and I couldnt see my kids well.

There is a "monkey" place in kennesaw off barrett pkwy my kids really enjoyed, they had a great open area, picnic tables everywhere to sit, a few couches/tv for parents and computers for parents to use. The only problem its in kennesaw.

We are going to the "jump for ....." one in Hiram on friday for a school function/fundraiser and can give more feedback after that.

We dont go regularly, my kids are 6/4, they love these type of places but with admission, snacks, it costs too much for us to go on a regular basis. And I have to just sit there while they run around, no fun for me.

I had a party there last year for my daughter. One of the inflatables had a HUGE hole in it, and the attendants were to busy flirting with each other to do their job. I had to go hunt someone down to do a slide contest for my daughter. It was just a big turn-off after putting out so much money for her party.

I went there once...and only once.

Didn't like the separate rooms, or the doorways between them...my son and nephew kept slipping and falling during open play. <_<

I love the other places because open play lasts longer and is much cheaper..much more convenient when your children are wild and you need a cheap place to take them to to burn off some energy. The separate rooms also make it harder to watch your children..especially when you're 8 months pregnant and don't have the energy to bounce from room to room to keep an eye on the little beasts.

I think it's a great location..it's only 5 minutes from my house..and I would really like to know how you plan to change/improve everything!!

Good luck! :D

Please give your input on what you think about Pump It Up in Dallas and any suggestions or other comments.

I love Pump It Up for some of the reasons others don't. I love the seperate rooms and the fact that there is only ONE party at a time in the room. I HATE Monkey Joes because everyone runs amuck, you can never find your own child, it's just a mess. I've had a party at Pump It Up and attended several others and have always enjoyed it, the workers interacted with the kids, had contests, and paid close attention to them. PLEASE don't go to the 'open play' format where you can't focus on just one party at a time. Then there would be NO jumpy places for me to take my child or to have a party.

I love Pump It Up for some of the reasons others don't. I love the seperate rooms and the fact that there is only ONE party at a time in the room. I HATE Monkey Joes because everyone runs amuck, you can never find your own child, it's just a mess. I've had a party at Pump It Up and attended several others and have always enjoyed it, the workers interacted with the kids, had contests, and paid close attention to them. PLEASE don't go to the 'open play' format where you can't focus on just one party at a time. Then there would be NO jumpy places for me to take my child or to have a party.

AMEN! I have attended a birthday party at PIU, and had my son's birthday party there. I LOVED their private party format. Admittedly, we haven't been in quite a while. I know I would NEVER do a birthday party at MJ (yes, I've attended one there).

The only comment I have about Pump it Up is that it was too LOUD when we were there for a party. You could tell the teenagers who were suppose to be working were controlling the volume and music choice... even when we asked that it be turned down, it wasn't turned down much.

The only comment I have about Pump it Up is that it was too LOUD when we were there for a party. You could tell the teenagers who were suppose to be working were controlling the volume and music choice... even when we asked that it be turned down, it wasn't turned down much.

Ya know, that is the truth. I had forgotten that, but the music is WAY too loud. I felt like I was at a club...a loud club...a club that I would leave because the music is WAY TOO LOUD!!

Thanks everyone for all of the input! Most of you mention our seprate arenas, which is trademark for Pump It Up, which is also the original iflatable party place. We emphacize that all of our birthday parties, team events, and fundraisers are completly private and our new and retrained staff is there to ease parents stress and help everyone have a great time! Along with our facility being painted and cleaned, the floors have also been redone. Our inflatables were also just maintained yesterday and all wear on the rides was repaired. At Pump It Up we strive to give every party and unforgetable private party experience!

Are you going to be doing any specials for birthday parties. That's the worst part, the price of the parties.

But other than that, we have attended a few parties there, and my kids love it. I do like the set up, but like most on here - the workers were too busy talking to each other or on the phone to be of any real assistance.

Thanks,

We did a birthday party for our kids there once and I loved the seperate rooms I always could see my kids, and did not have to share with a group of unknowns. The only things I did not like were it was so nasty I found several bandaids in there and kleenexs. It just felt nasty. The kids working the place just was off in their own little world- not friendly- no care addittude. I would consider another party there IF I knew it was cleaned on a regular bascis, and more grown up help instead of kids running the place. And more for your money kind of party.....I have never tried the other two places so have nothing to compare it to.....But hope you do real well and get lots of new business... :p

I've not been to the other inflatable places only PIU. I do like the private party atmosphere. The actual party rooms are HOT and once you get 20 or 30 kids in there with parents there is absolutely NO ROOM!! We have been for birthdays and team events. (I am speaking mostly about team things.) I agree there should be something parents can enjoy while attending these things. TV or something. And you should think about fundraisers for ball teams. We are always trying to make money for the banquets and gifts and tournaments.

Thanks for listening to the public. Good luck on your reopening.

For the month of October you can recieve $25 off of any party booked for any date! If you book for November 1st or 2nd ONLY your party will be HALF PRICE! We are confident that you will be pleased with the changes going on at Pump It Up.

We encourage you to visit us for our open play times Monday - Thursday from 4 pm to 8 pm or join us for our HALLOWEEN PARTY! The Halloween Party is Friday, October 31st from 6:15 - 8:15 and includes pizza, drinks, goodies, candy, and playtime for just $10 per child!

Please give us a call for more information at: 770-505-2891

We just had a party there at the end of September with the new management. It was great!!!! Everything was clean, the staff was awesome. They really watched the kids and got involved. Cheering the kids on and having fun with them. They also already had the pizza out on plates when we got to the party room. I have been there several times and this was the first party where they already had pizza out and had a race. I think it was great and could tell the new management was really trying hard to improve alot of things. Thanks for a great party!!!! Oh yeah and I really love the fact that the party is a private party and not a million kids running around together. That is why I chose to come there. Keep up the great work!!

I wanted to see if you had anything for people that don't have any friends or relatives in the area .My daughter is turning 4. We only have our 6 kids. We don't know anyone in the area. But wanted to bring the kids the little ones were never at pump it up or any other place like that. Do you have a special for someone that just wanted a private gathering for their six to play but not the party room. On a weekend first thing in the morning. Just curious.

• 2 weeks later...
Are you going to be doing any specials for birthday parties. That's the worst part, the price of the parties.

But other than that, we have attended a few parties there, and my kids love it. I do like the set up, but like most on here - the workers were too busy talking to each other or on the phone to be of any real assistance.

Thanks,

I agree, prices are way too high there, music too loud and no place for parents that allow you to watch your child and be comfortable. Food at the party left alot to be desired.

I think Pump It Up is great. My sons and all their friends really like it. I actually like having 2 different rooms to go into too. Then getting to go into the party room. Good set up I think. The only thing I do have issues with is the price. I think it is way too high! Maybe looking into lowering your prices for parties would be a good idea!!!! You might even get more business because more people could afford it! Thanks for listening!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The other 2 "jumpy" places have you beat in prices and atmosphere. Sorry. Each one is different, but good in its own way.

Each has it's own atmosphere and my g.kids and their parents prefer them to Pump it Up. Have you visited them to see what your competition is? That may give you more info. Good luck.

Please give your input on what you think about Pump It Up in Dallas and any suggestions or other comments. Thank You!

Well, since you asked. I personally think that your company is grossly overpriced considering your operation cost. It is unrealistic for me to have one of my childs birthday parties at your business and expect to have any of their friends participate on my tab. I think your prices should be reevaluated (lowered) and then your business would pick up. Good luck to ya.

Well, since you asked. I personally think that your company is grossly overpriced considering your operation cost. It is unrealistic for me to have one of my childs birthday parties at your business and expect to have any of their friends participate on my tab. I think your prices should be reevaluated (lowered) and then your business would pick up. Good luck to ya.

Maybe a better idea is to have variable rate pricing. In other words, prime time (whatever that is for kids' parties) gets prime time rates and other times get reduced rates. In that way, people on a budget could still have their parties there, it just wouldn't be on -- Saturday afternoon, for example.

Also, in any service business, the staff needs to be well-trained in providing the highest quality experience from the viewpoint of the customer. And management should be hands-on and personal. Pricing is a value issue. Higher prices, as contrasted to the competition, have to be justified through enhanced services/experiences, so that there is a perception of a great value.

Birthdays are special occasions. Look at this from the customer's point of view and be as excited about the occasion as the customer is. A chain is as strong as its weakest link and the employee chain should be similarly evaluated.

This is not a criticism of any business in particular, but just an observation of service businesses in general.

Thank you everyone for all of your input!
While our pricing is often compared to our competators, we are similarly priced with them and we emphasize that we are the only inflatable party place that keeps your party private from beginning to end. If you are not interested in a prime weekend spot we offer parties Monday-Sunday with the Monday-Thursday parties being lower priced! Also if you mention paulding.com when you book you will recieve and additional $25 off! Our staff is trained to provide a wonderful party experience for all of the party guest and give the birthday child an unforgetable party.
Please continue to provide us with input as we continue to better our parties for you!
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Please give your input on what you think about Pump It Up in Dallas and any suggestions or other comments. Thank You!

I don't have small kids so i can't give you any suggestions about the place.Just wanted to say Congratulation on your new adventure I hope it goes over well for you.Best of luck.