Paulding.com

Post 2 Candidate Beverly Cochran rumor is likely libel/slander

I have been told that there has been a development in the Post 2 race that most voters might want to be aware of. I will not state what I heard because I have not seen paperwork on the issue and do not want to get in any trouble, but a campaign staffer told me today that there is a serious problem in her run for Commissioner due to some serious allegations.

Has anyone confirmed this before I vote next Tuesday?

Just do not want to get caught off guard again before the day of the election. Stuff like this is why I wait til election day to vote.

Thanks! I do not want to offend anyone, I am just trying to make sure I am educated before I vote. I also sent an email through her website to ask and am hoping they will respond.

I have been told that there has been a development in the Post 2 race that most voters might want to be aware of. I will not state what I heard because I have not seen paperwork on the issue and do not want to get in any trouble, but a campaign staffer told me today that there is a serious problem in her run for Commissioner due to some serious allegations.

Just do not want to get caught off guard again before the day of the election. Stuff like this is why I wait til election day to vote.

Thanks! I do not want to offend anyone, I am just trying to make sure I am educated before I vote. I also sent an email through her website to ask and am hoping they will respond.

Your first post and you make vague statements. Sure you dont work for Todd?

Edited by zwier

huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif

I asked why one of her campaign signs was in Douglas County and never got an answer, bow there are 2 signs. The second one may be in Carroll county. I'll check it out again, when I go that way.

So I already heard about the harassment case. Is this what you are referring to?? Sounds like a bag of bull to me, I'm not in Post 2 so it doesn't really matter to me, but come on.............was this really necessary??? :unsure:

I heard the same thing. And it's really hard to believe it. I just can't image that she is really Obama in disguise! :ph34r:

So I already heard about the harassment case. Is this what you are referring to?? Sounds like a bag of bull to me, I'm not in Post 2 so it doesn't really matter to me, but come on.............was this really necessary??? unsure.gif

That was against the District 19 candidate this crap is being stirred against the lady in the post 2 commission race. The ladies are getting hit it seems. The stuff on the harassment was a bunch of bull.dry.gif

Did it happen at Winn Dixie?

Have you got a response from your e-mail yet?

Pubby the rumors are flying do you have any information on the allegation?

Edited by DOT

I don't know Beverly Cochran just saw her on TV when she worked with Sherin but I do know her brother that works at WAl-Mart. He is the nicest most helpful person that you will ever meet. That is a fact.good.gif good.gif good.gif

He is a good guy.

Have you got a response from your e-mail yet?

Pubby the rumors are flying do you have any information on the allegation?

I haven not gotten a response yet, but I have spoken to a family member that contacted me and they are telling me that this is for real! sad.gif

I will not repeat what they told me until they see fit to release it to respect thier family. Not sure if they will before election but i think I have gathered enough.

Thanks!

See, I just don't understand this train of thought.

You're either going to vote for her or not. A rumor is going to change your mind? Even the hint of a rumor?

If you think it's true and has that much impact on your vote, then you should have already decided without starting something "vague" on here.

So either spill it or let it go.

After all, this is PCOM and we love drama. :blush:

Oh, and BTW, I DIDN'T vote for her.

I haven not gotten a response yet, but I have spoken to a family member that contacted me and they are telling me that this is for real! sad.gif

I will not repeat what they told me until they see fit to release it to respect thier family. Not sure if they will before election but i think I have gathered enough.

Thanks!

Sorry, but from what I know of this family they are as straight up as straight up can be so I would be very surprised to hear anything bad. Sounds like politics as usual!

I find it more than suspect that the OP says that a "campaign worker" told them of something so potentially damaging and so scandalous that they would not use or potentially pass along this supposed "tidbit" to their advantage in a very public manner. Additionally, the OP is either contradicting themselves or it is extremely coincidental that a family member of the implied counterparty contacted them also in regards to the alleged "incident".

I call BS and it appears to be a typical whisper campaign seen in smear campaigns towards the end of many races. OP-- put out (details) or shut up!!

Also- OP, I'm sure pubby would love to get your story so he can research and report the results!!

• Like 1

I agree!!

Me three! This is such a load. 'I heard', 'they said', 'can't comment', 'don't want to cause trouble'...blah, blah, blah. Do you think that people are dumb enough to fall for your oh so vague mud slinging Mr./Mrs.OP?? REALLY?!?!?! It seems clear to me by the responses here, that you are barking up the wrong tree and that your accusations have not quite hit the mark that you were hoping they would.

WOOHOO!! P.commers aren't biting!!!!! :D

Edited by momof 3

Has anyone heard anything incriminating about the OP? I will not state what I heard because I have not seen proof and do not want to get in any trouble but it could be really, really bad. But I don't want to spread rumors. Because it's really bad. And wrong. There could be nudity.

• Like 2

Has anyone heard anything incriminating about the OP? I will not state what I heard because I have not seen proof and do not want to get in any trouble but it could be really, really bad. But I don't want to spread rumors. Because it's really bad. And wrong. There could be nudity.

Do tell! As the saying goes, if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck............

Almost forgot.....and if it posts like a duck...........................

In my opinion, you might find yourself in trouble posting this malicious rumor.

better to pass on posting this. If anyone posts it, please report it immediately and given my understanding at this point, is that you could get sued on this one.

pubby

Ok folks there is only one way to find out,go straight to the source. I will ask Beverly if there is any meat on this bone. Now why is this person on here with only two posts. Now I have to admitt I have heard some very disturbing news and that is why I am going straight to the source.

Very interestingdry.gif

Page 2

stuff like this can ruin a person rather they are running for political office or not, since I get the original emails before they are edited by the poster, I have the original topic you started before it was edited by you.

what I would like to know is who was the campaign staffer that told you this? not necessarily the name of the person but who they are campaigning for?

I have e-mailed Beverly Cochran,she should clear this thing up quick. Now Beverly is good people I hope this is not true in any part. She has built a great reputation for public service and would hate to see anyone tarnish that.unsure.gif

stuff like this can ruin a person rather they are running for political office or not, since I get the original emails before they are edited by the poster, I have the original topic you started before it was edited by you.

what I would like to know is who was the campaign staffer that told you this? not necessarily the name of the person but who they are campaigning for?

Great point LR. I guess all posters should remember this at all times - that you see the original topic.

Also, I'm curious based on what NJ said if the two female candidates in Paulding are being confused? The one topic that has a website against a candidate was for the House District 19 seat, wasn't it?

May I request that this post be taken down due to the unnecessary of it and unproved allegations.

Thanks!

Maybe the original poster will do that. Maybe the Mods would. Either way I think you have a good idea there.

Look people common sense would say this is bull,why would this happen now? And look at the poster a newbie with two posts. Somebody has an agenda going,so unless hard facts surface this should be placed in the dead file.angry.gif

What I will do is close the topic. Before I do, consider the rumor I heard would have us believe that the Paulding County Sheriff's Office is so grossly and outrageously corrupt that a post commissioner candidate could influence them to turn their heads from one of the most dastardly crimes imaginable. That idea is to me absolutely absurd and anyone who thinks that any post commissioner or commission chairman has immunity from arrest ought to just remember the DUI arrest and ultimate conviction of a former chairman back in the 1990s.

That, my friends, means whomever concocted this 'story' probably slandered and libeled, in my opinion the Sheriff's office as well as Ms. Cochran. There is no justification for this kind of lie so don't believe it. Oh, and given the malicious nature of the rumor this is exactly the kind of unfounded allegation that is over the line of protection afforded folks discussing cases anonymously or the high bar against libel provided by Sullivan v. NYTimes. It is a toxic rumor that folks should simply not repeat lest they become parties to a libel suit.

pubby