Paulding.com

Rodney's BBQ closed ... rumor is wrong!

Their phone was ringing this morning, people where asking about their scheduled meetings being cancelled because he was out of business,

He sold the restaurant on 92 over a year ago. The that restaurant is closed now.

I am not sure why people are finding internet post that he is out of business.

Their phone was ringing this morning, people where asking about their scheduled meetings being cancelled because he was out of business,

He sold the restaurant on 92 over a year ago. The that restaurant is closed now.

I am not sure why people are finding internet post that he is out of business.

I'm confused, I thought the one on 92 was just changed name, same owner. No? I didn't know the one on 92 closed, but I haven't been back in Hiram since September.

I'm confused, I thought the one on 92 was just changed name, same owner. No? I didn't know the one on 92 closed, but I haven't been back in Hiram since September.

Nope he sold it, he said that having 2 restaurants kept him out of the kitchen and administering too much.

He comes up with a lot of good dishes in the Dallas restaurant. Plus he has a big private meeting room that stay busy at this one.

The Rodney's on 92 was a partnership between Rodney and Greg (?) Benson. Rodney sold his portion to him and it became Benson's. They remained friends, just a business decision. Benson's closed Monday for good. Rodney is still open for business and all is well. I know for a fact they are still open - DD worked there yesterday.

We ate at Benson's many times but the food just was not as good as Rodney's! I wasn't surprised when we drove by there last night that it was closed. I will miss Tina! She is a super great person and waitress! I sure wish Rodney would buy it again. His other location is so out of my traveling route.

Rodney's in Dallas (New Hope) is alive and well! Thank goodness - my family would probably starve without them! :lol:

I love Rodney's. Not only do they have great food, great prices and great service, they also give back to the community. Very good, hardworking, industrious people who not only serve great food, but knows how to treat people!

• Like 2

Rodney's in Dallas (New Hope) is alive and well! Thank goodness - my family would probably starve without them! :lol:

I love Rodney's. Not only do they have great food, great prices and great service, they also give back to the community. Very good, hardworking, industrious people who not only serve great food, but knows how to treat people!

I agree...... and I also wish Rodney's was closer to me now ....

Hubby stopped by Benson's to get me my Lemon Pepper wings and they were locked down. No sign saying sorry we are gone, or anything. I am disappointed because I loved their wings. :(

Have you tried Rodney's wings???? OMGOSH. They are really good - especially the Lemon Pepper and he has Parmesan Garlic. We have not had a good Parmesan Garlic since we would go to Winston's in Austell for DS to sing karaoke. And, that was like 10 years ago! We really like Rodney's wings. Nice and meaty. Of course his location might not be convenient for you.

Have you tried Rodney's wings???? OMGOSH. They are really good - especially the Lemon Pepper and he has Parmesan Garlic. We have not had a good Parmesan Garlic since we would go to Winston's in Austell for DS to sing karaoke. And, that was like 10 years ago! We really like Rodney's wings. Nice and meaty. Of course his location might not be convenient for you.

I tried their wings one time (fundraiser day, maybe??) and they were small, dried up had NO meat on the bones and I sent them back. I just ate my french fries and left it at that. Won't be doing that again!!!!!!

Other than the Market Deli WIngs at the Douglasville Mall, Publix wings are AWESOME!!!! They are HUGE and you can get 20 for $9.29 and they have them on sale for like $7.49, quite often!!! Most of the restaurants prices for wings are approximately $1.00 ea wing.

I tried their wings one time (fundraiser day, maybe??) and they were small, dried up had NO meat on the bones and I sent them back. I just ate my french fries and left it at that. Won't be doing that again!!!!!!

Other than the Market Deli WIngs at the Douglasville Mall, Publix wings are AWESOME!!!! They are HUGE and you can get 20 for $9.29 and they have them on sale for like $7.49, quite often!!! Most of the restaurants prices for wings are approximately $1.00 ea wing.

I hate it you had a bad experience with Rodney's wings. Maybe he had a different wing for the fundraiser? But, when we have eaten them on the $.40 or $.50 they have been big and tasty.

I have never had the wings from Market Deli in D'ville (actually never heard of it). But, I AGREE about Publix wings. All their flavors are VERY GOOD and large. When DH was working and drove past the Publix on 120 on his way home he would pick them up and get their steak & cheese sub. We would have a good dinner sharing it all. YUMMMMMM.....I wish there was a Publix closer now I want their wings!!! ;)

I disagree.......

I ate at Benson's often because it was close to work. It was "okay" but had gone down hill lately. The one good thing they had going for them is that Tina was an AWESOME waitress.

We go to Rodney's on Sunday afternoons. The food is 100x better than Benson's.

Their lemon pepper smoked wings are the =@ .

If your server on Sunday afternoon is a cute and funny dark haired beauty I take credit for her amazing personality and good looks. ;) :rofl: She is also a VERY GOOD server...........I birthed her!!! :wub:

And, I second your opinion of the smoked lemon pepper wings!!

I just did a FULL moon check..........it's not until December 28..........15 days.

15 more long days.

So, I don't know what is going on :rofl:

GOOD ONE lowrider :rofl:

Yowsa. Between when I last looked at the topic and now, things sure went downhill. Glad that was split off. Also, glad Rodney's is still open, and sorry about Benson's being closed. I've never eaten at either, but they all seem like nice folks.

Well, I dont even live in PC or anywhere close anymore(:( )but personally, I am glad they are in business and doing well. I am always happy when small business, especially hometown people, are doing well.

Rodney's posts here always make me so HUNGRY!!!!:)