Paulding.com

Do you spank your child?

I wouldnt know, by the time i was done with college getting career going and all that jazz all the women had already procreated and divorcedwith someone else. Ide imagine I would do so though. Ide probably do it to my kids mom too. Nightly.

I wouldnt know, by the time i was done with college getting career going and all that jazz all the women had already procreated and divorcedwith someone else. Ide imagine I would do so though. Ide probably do it to my kids mom too. Nightly.

lol lol lol. And yes I did when she was younger. Now taking things away works better. closedeyes.gif

I am absolutely NOT opposed to it, but 3rd grader responds well to a very stern voice and taking his things away as punishment. He's a really good kid and I can't recall any time recently that he did anything to warrant a spanking. That could change though and both Hubby and I are quite capable of doling one out.

Just so depended on the child. It was more a very youngish thing. As they got older; taking away privileges; I had one; nothing worked. Another needed almost no discipline. I think I spanked her 2 or 3 times. The one time I remember was opening the door to a stranger before I could get to the door.

Some should be tied and taped until the age of 25; others are good to go the whole time. I have one who is 40 and still makes me crazy! I wish I could spank her now!

I've never hit my kids. But the wife could use a little straightening up at least twice a week.

All joking aside, if direct disobedience occurred, they got spanked. Wasn't needed much as they got older.

Snork!

Seriously, I may have spanked mine once or twice when they were little. That's all it took.

A good stern voice and getting down and looking at them on their eye level, making it perfectly clear that such behavior WILL NOT be tolerated in this house, usually did the trick after that.

I personally believe it's not such a bad thing if your kids aren't just a little afraid of you, and very afraid to disappoint you.

My daughter got the occasional spanking, but has pretty much gotten to where she doesn't need them any longer. Dis jr. is a whole different story. He has EARNED and recieved every kind of punishment imaginable. :wacko: :wacko: That boy just does not do "no". We take shifts as to who is doing the spanking / punishment. It does get tiring you know. :pardon: We have even resorted to bringing in the grandparents just so we can get a little sleep. :rofl: :rofl: