Paulding.com

The latest reach by Nathan Deal is to get the GOP to file a law suit against Barnes for having the GOP elephant on his website. Now that is going to make everyone forget that Deal is a crook.

I have an idea! How about the GOP finding a candidate that IS BETTER than the Democrat??????? :blink:

• Like 1
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of folks feel that way but it is what it is and Deal is the better choice. Karen has endorsed him.

He wasn't fired from his job because he did it badly but Barnes was! Once was enough!!!!

This has become the lazy style of the republican party in general. They feel once the primary is over they can just cruise into november. That is one reason we need a strong two party choice. Many peo

I'm a republican and there's no way you could get me to vote for Deal. I can't bring myself to vote for Barnes either. I'll vote on all the other issues but leave the Governor blank.

I can't vote for either one of them, so the Libertarian will get my vote. Mr Monds.

The latest reach by Nathan Deal is to get the GOP to file a law suit against Barnes for having the GOP elephant on his website. Now that is going to make everyone forget that Deal is a crook.

I have an idea! How about the GOP finding a candidate that IS BETTER than the Democrat??????? :blink:

That idea makes too much sense!!! And I AM glad and impressed that you haven't fallen to Deals crap simply because he is a Republican like you. You can see on these very boards that it doesn't matter what he does as long as that little 'R' is by his name. Thats just sad!

Like Babecake, I think I'll leave the vote for governor blank, since there is no one to vote FOR.

• Like 1

I consider myself fairly conservative with libertarian leanings.

I usually vote Republican, but I do have the ability to vote my own conscience when it comes to an individual politican running for office.

I guess the RNC has nothing better to spend it's money on than a frivolous lawsuit against Roy, since they are grabbing at straws and have NOTHING more on him.

They won't find anything on Roy, but Deal's closet just keeps spilling out............

and I can't believe people will be voting for him just because he is a REPUBLICAN. He's no better than that crooked DEMOCRAT Charlie Rangel. Equal Opportunity Crooks.

My vote will be for Roy.

And my vote will be NO for EVERY amendment, including the SPLOST.

• Like 1

That idea makes too much sense!!! And I AM glad and impressed that you haven't fallen to Deals crap simply because he is a Republican like you. You can see on these very boards that it doesn't matter what he does as long as that little 'R' is by his name. Thats just sad!

Like Babecake, I think I'll leave the vote for governor blank, since there is no one to vote FOR.

Really? You know it doesn't have to be the "R". The fact that Roy is not a better choice and screwed up the first time is a good reason too.

• Like 1

Really? You know it doesn't have to be the "R". The fact that Roy is not a better choice and screwed up the first time is a good reason too.

Madea, how about qualifying that characterization?

You'd prefer a scoundrel to someone who (unsubstantiated) "screwed up the first time"?

• Like 1

I have an idea! How about the GOP finding a candidate that IS BETTER than the Democrat??????? blink.gif

This is EXACTLY what problem the GOP has!! They complain about Obama, but they offered up McCain and Palin???? They hate Harry Reid, but they offer Sharron Angle???

And in the GA Governor's race, they can do no better than Nathan Deal????

Are there no better candidates for the Republican party to get behind? Or is this the best that they can do???? I happen to think that they can do better, but the powers inside the party won't budge from neoconservatism, so they keep producing an inferior product.

I consider myself fairly conservative with libertarian leanings.

I usually vote Republican, but I do have the ability to vote my own conscience when it comes to an individual politican running for office.

I guess the RNC has nothing better to spend it's money on than a frivolous lawsuit against Roy, since they are grabbing at straws and have NOTHING more on him.

They won't find anything on Roy, but Deal's closet just keeps spilling out............

and I can't believe people will be voting for him just because he is a REPUBLICAN. He's no better than that crooked DEMOCRAT Charlie Rangel. Equal Opportunity Crooks.

My vote will be for Roy.

I would be SHOCKED if they found anything on Roy. My family has known the Barnes family for many years. They are a very normal family. Just a little richer.

Those who recall the Barnes first tour as Governor know that there were two issues that overshadowed really a pretty good run as governor.

Among the accomplishments? Well the law that requires counties to recognize that an increase in the digest because of increasing property values do represent a tax increase that must be treated as a tax increase unless the county commission or schools actually roll back the millage rate to compensate for the increase.

Instead of intolerably long lines for license renewal, the state, under Barnes, expanded the number of license renewal locations making the renewal of a license as convenient as recharging a debit card.

There was a real effort to improve education including a strong effort to lower class sizes - i.e. increase the ratio of teachers to students.

Overall, state government worked better as well.

The major issues that cost Barnes the 2002 election were:

1. The flag that contained the St. Andrews Cross - the flag associated with the south during the civil war that was also largely considered a continuing symbol of racism. In Barnes estimation (and that of many others) the continued use of this flag, adopted in the wake of Brown v. Board of Education as a reaction to federal requirements for integration instead of segregation was hurting the state in its recruitment of multinational companies

2. That teachers would be more aggressively evaluated for competence.

The first thing - the flag change - was long overdue and while no one liked the resulting conglomeration making a change was absolutely the right thing to do. Notably, Sonny, who ran on that issue, ended up not returning to the racist symbol that cost Barnes the job and earned the ire of the extreme right.

The effort to provide more accountability for teachers was rejected by the teachers but in retrospect, many realize that Barnes was much more a friend of education particularly with his effort to lower class sizes while today, the GOP dominated state government has cut funding, cut pay and increased class sizes to near historic highs.

Bottom line, if you take an honest look back at the Barnes administration from 1998-2002 you come away with a generally successful four year term marred by the polarizing issue of the racist flag and the courageous challenge of the teacher lobby - traditionally as a strong supporter of Democrats - and the misguided decision by them to punish the man.

pubby

Those who recall the Barnes first tour as Governor know that there were two issues that overshadowed really a pretty good run as governor.

Among the accomplishments? Well the law that requires counties to recognize that an increase in the digest because of increasing property values do represent a tax increase that must be treated as a tax increase unless the county commission or schools actually roll back the millage rate to compensate for the increase.

Instead of intolerably long lines for license renewal, the state, under Barnes, expanded the number of license renewal locations making the renewal of a license as convenient as recharging a debit card.

There was a real effort to improve education including a strong effort to lower class sizes - i.e. increase the ratio of teachers to students.

Overall, state government worked better as well.

The major issues that cost Barnes the 2002 election were:

1. The flag that contained the St. Andrews Cross - the flag associated with the south during the civil war that was also largely considered a continuing symbol of racism. In Barnes estimation (and that of many others) the continued use of this flag, adopted in the wake of Brown v. Board of Education as a reaction to federal requirements for integration instead of segregation was hurting the state in its recruitment of multinational companies

2. That teachers would be more aggressively evaluated for competence.

The first thing - the flag change - was long overdue and while no one liked the resulting conglomeration making a change was absolutely the right thing to do. Notably, Sonny, who ran on that issue, ended up not returning to the racist symbol that cost Barnes the job and earned the ire of the extreme right.

The effort to provide more accountability for teachers was rejected by the teachers but in retrospect, many realize that Barnes was much more a friend of education particularly with his effort to lower class sizes while today, the GOP dominated state government has cut funding, cut pay and increased class sizes to near historic highs.

Bottom line, if you take an honest look back at the Barnes administration from 1998-2002 you come away with a generally successful four year term marred by the polarizing issue of the racist flag and the courageous challenge of the teacher lobby - traditionally as a strong supporter of Democrats - and the misguided decision by them to punish the man.

pubby

How many times have I said that on here? People are still pissed about the flag. I, for one, admire his courage of conviction to change the flag, knowing he would lose re-election.

Roy comes from a fine family, I've know him personally for over 30 years, I've known some of the people he has helped, my family included, and he is a great guy.

And no, you won't find anything on Roy. So the Republicans can just keep grasping.

I'm just amazed that folks are willing to close their eyes and vote a known crook into office, simply because he is a Republican.

• Like 1

Barnes' biggest obstacle is the turn the national democrat party has taken. Pelosi, Reid, and Obama have hurt many state and local democrats. If Barnes can distance himself from the democrats in Washington, he might have a decent shot at winning the election.

If the GOP keeps up attacking Barnes trying to associate him with Obama, Pelosi, and Reid, then Barnes is in trouble. The RoyBama ads have been particularly brutal on Barnes in the polls.

It's a tough choice, but I won't vote for Deal, he's an absolute crook.

I have often wondered, but never asked, what specifically did Roy Barnes do when he was governor that made him such a horrible governor in the eyes of some?

He changed the racially adopted flag from 1956 overnight, without a vote from the people.

Had the people of the State of Georgia been given a vote, that racist flag would have never changed.

That's why they're still pissed off.

People actually hate him because of that. Hate him.

This was the flag from 1920-1956

150px-Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_%281920-1956%29.svg.png

This was the flag adopted in 1956

800px-Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_%281956-2001%29.svg.png

The state flag used from 1956 to 2001 (see below) featured a prominent Confederate Battle Flag, which some residents found offensive due to its historical use by the Confederate States of America and its contemporary use as a symbol by various white supremacy groups. People found it offensive because the emblem was originally adopted not during the American Civil War period but in 1956 during the height of the fight for desegregation during the Civil Rights Movement. Even in 1956, support for the flag was not unanimous, with the United Daughters of the Confederacy opposing the flag with a statement that the change "would cause strife."[citation needed]

Right after it was repealed as the state flag in 2001, the city of Trenton, Georgia adopted it as the official city flag.[4]

Political pressure for a change in the official state flag increased during the 1990s, in particular during the run-up to the 1996 Olympic Games that were held in Atlanta. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) focused on the Georgia flag as a major issue and some business leaders in Georgia felt that the perceptions of the flag were causing economic harm to the state. In 1992, Governor Zell Miller announced his intention to get the battle flag element removed, but the state legislature refused to pass any flag-modifying legislation. The matter was dropped after the 1993 legislative session. Many Atlanta residents and some Georgia politicians refused to fly the 1956 flag and flew the pre-1956 flag instead. Governor Miller later apologized for his attempt at changing the flag.

Miller's successor as Governor, Roy Barnes, responded to the increasing calls for a new state flag, and in 2001 hurried a replacement through the Georgia General Assembly. His new flag sought a compromise, by featuring small versions of some (but not all) of Georgia's former flags, including the controversial 1956 flag, under the words "Georgia's History." Those flags are the original thirteen-star Betsy Ross U.S. flag; the first Georgia flag (before 1879); the 1920–1956 Georgia flag; the previous state flag (1956–2001); and the current fifty-star U.S. flag.

Then it went to this:

742px-Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_%282001-2003%29.svg.png

And then Sonny did this:

In 2002, Sonny Perdue was elected Governor of Georgia, partially on a platform of allowing Georgians to choose their own flag in a state referendum. The Georgia legislature to draft a new flag in 2003.

The General Assembly's proposed flag combined elements of Georgia's previous flags, creating a composition that was inspired by the Confederate First National flag, the Stars and Bars, rather than the Confederate Battle Flag. Perdue signed the legislation into law on May 8, 2003.[9]

The 2003 flag legislation also authorized a public referendum on which of the two most recent flags (the 2001 and 2003 versions) would be officially adopted as the flag of the state. The referendum took place during the state's March 2, 2004 presidential primary election. Some heritage groups and protesters known as "flaggers,"[citation needed] angry with Governor Perdue because the 1956 flag had not been included in the choices, called for a boycott of the vote.[citation needed] If the 2003 flag was rejected, the pre-2001 design would have been put to a vote.[10] The 2003 design won 73.1% of the vote in the referendum.[11]

Current Flag:

800px-Flag_of_Georgia_%28U.S._state%29.svg.png

source: WIKIPEDIA

He changed the racially adopted flag from 1956 overnight, without a vote from the people.

Had the people of the State of Georgia been given a vote, that racist flag would have never changed.

That's why they're still pissed off.

People actually hate him because of that. Hate him.

This was the flag from 1920-1956

150px-Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_%281920-1956%29.svg.png

This was the flag adopted in 1956

800px-Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_%281956-2001%29.svg.png

The state flag used from 1956 to 2001 (see below) featured a prominent Confederate Battle Flag, which some residents found offensive due to its historical use by the Confederate States of America and its contemporary use as a symbol by various white supremacy groups. People found it offensive because the emblem was originally adopted not during the American Civil War period but in 1956 during the height of the fight for desegregation during the Civil Rights Movement. Even in 1956, support for the flag was not unanimous, with the United Daughters of the Confederacy opposing the flag with a statement that the change "would cause strife."[citation needed]

Right after it was repealed as the state flag in 2001, the city of Trenton, Georgia adopted it as the official city flag.[4]

Political pressure for a change in the official state flag increased during the 1990s, in particular during the run-up to the 1996 Olympic Games that were held in Atlanta. The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) focused on the Georgia flag as a major issue and some business leaders in Georgia felt that the perceptions of the flag were causing economic harm to the state. In 1992, Governor Zell Miller announced his intention to get the battle flag element removed, but the state legislature refused to pass any flag-modifying legislation. The matter was dropped after the 1993 legislative session. Many Atlanta residents and some Georgia politicians refused to fly the 1956 flag and flew the pre-1956 flag instead. Governor Miller later apologized for his attempt at changing the flag.

Miller's successor as Governor, Roy Barnes, responded to the increasing calls for a new state flag, and in 2001 hurried a replacement through the Georgia General Assembly. His new flag sought a compromise, by featuring small versions of some (but not all) of Georgia's former flags, including the controversial 1956 flag, under the words "Georgia's History." Those flags are the original thirteen-star Betsy Ross U.S. flag; the first Georgia flag (before 1879); the 1920–1956 Georgia flag; the previous state flag (1956–2001); and the current fifty-star U.S. flag.

Then it went to this:

742px-Flag_of_the_State_of_Georgia_%282001-2003%29.svg.png

And then Sonny did this:

In 2002, Sonny Perdue was elected Governor of Georgia, partially on a platform of allowing Georgians to choose their own flag in a state referendum. The Georgia legislature to draft a new flag in 2003.

The General Assembly's proposed flag combined elements of Georgia's previous flags, creating a composition that was inspired by the Confederate First National flag, the Stars and Bars, rather than the Confederate Battle Flag. Perdue signed the legislation into law on May 8, 2003.[9]

The 2003 flag legislation also authorized a public referendum on which of the two most recent flags (the 2001 and 2003 versions) would be officially adopted as the flag of the state. The referendum took place during the state's March 2, 2004 presidential primary election. Some heritage groups and protesters known as "flaggers,"[citation needed] angry with Governor Perdue because the 1956 flag had not been included in the choices, called for a boycott of the vote.[citation needed] If the 2003 flag was rejected, the pre-2001 design would have been put to a vote.[10] The 2003 design won 73.1% of the vote in the referendum.[11]

Current Flag:

800px-Flag_of_Georgia_%28U.S._state%29.svg.png

You are exactly right!!!!!!! The thing is, is that he admitted that he made the mistake of not letting people vote for a new flag, but if he had, just as you said, we'd still be flying under that racist one. How would that be OK? The rest of the country still think we're all a bunch of rednecks, why would we want to reinforce that non-truth by still having a confederate symbol on our flag?

• Like 1

I am voting for Deal. I do not think he is a "crook". And I will NOT vote for Barnes because he made some less-than-stellar appointments when he was in office last time and all his commercials appealing to the overworked, underpaid teachers make me sick. Do you know how many days teachers work every year? Do you all know what teachers are paid in Paulding? Not even including the value of their benefits!!! Please, I dont want to hear that crap, Roy! Lets talk about law enforcement.....now theres a group of people who are overworked and underpaid. And, no, I am not in law enforcement.

• Like 2

I'm a Libertarian all the way and I voted for Barnes already(early voting). He's far and away BETTER than Deal or anyone the GOP has to offer. He is a Dem but NOT a Liberal. Hope he gets in...we cant stand another pandering governor in Ga. And, I cant talk about the so called "underpaid" teachers and cops. I'll be banned from Pcom forever.

I generally vote Republican, but like others have said I will not vote for Nathan Deal, he just is not the kind of person I want running our state. I will give my vote to Roy Barnes.

I agree with you 100% A vote for Barnes is a vote for improving transportaion in this state. Since I'm in transportation...I'll be crossing the party lines.....

I have often wondered, but never asked, what specifically did Roy Barnes do when he was governor that made him such a horrible governor in the eyes of some?

Why he got rid of Bubba's rebel flag a-flyin over the state capital dammit! And you know when that rebel flag was took down them blacks is gonna be flockin in from up north. :wacko:

I am voting for Deal. I do not think he is a "crook". And I will NOT vote for Barnes because he made some less-than-stellar appointments when he was in office last time and all his commercials appealing to the overworked, underpaid teachers make me sick. Do you know how many days teachers work every year? Do you all know what teachers are paid in Paulding? Not even including the value of their benefits!!! Please, I dont want to hear that crap, Roy! Lets talk about law enforcement.....now theres a group of people who are overworked and underpaid. And, no, I am not in law enforcement.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, and Charlie Manson isn't a murderer. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I will be voting early this week for Roy Barnes.

Early Voting

Early Voting is absentee voting that takes place only in the Elections & Voter Registration Office 45 days prior to a Primary or General Election and 21 days prior to a Special Election. Voters cast their votes on a touch screen voting machine rather than a paper absentee ballot. However, in order to early vote on the touch screen machines the Elections Office must have received the paper absentee ballots from the state elections division. If we have not received the paper ballots, we can not allow voting on the machines.

Early Voting will be held Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 5:00pm only in our office from the time we receive absentee ballots until the Friday before Election Day. State law prohibits voting on the day before an election. This means no absentee ballots will be issued nor will there be any voting on machines.

Additional Information

For more information, please call (770) 443-7503 ext.4047 or if you are a Military or Overseas voter, please visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website.

I will be voting early this week for Roy Barnes.

Early Voting

Early Voting is absentee voting that takes place only in the Elections & Voter Registration Office 45 days prior to a Primary or General Election and 21 days prior to a Special Election. Voters cast their votes on a touch screen voting machine rather than a paper absentee ballot. However, in order to early vote on the touch screen machines the Elections Office must have received the paper absentee ballots from the state elections division. If we have not received the paper ballots, we can not allow voting on the machines.

Early Voting will be held Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 5:00pm only in our office from the time we receive absentee ballots until the Friday before Election Day. State law prohibits voting on the day before an election. This means no absentee ballots will be issued nor will there be any voting on machines.

Additional Information

For more information, please call (770) 443-7503 ext.4047 or if you are a Military or Overseas voter, please visit the Federal Voting Assistance Program's website.

And don't forget about Will Avery. If we allow Paulette Braddock to back into this office the county will step back in time at least 8 years. If there is anyone undecided, take my advice and just wait a couple of weeks before you vote. I'm hearing there is some serious information about to be released. ;)

Hey Madea, you are going to L-O-V-E this. :D

And don't forget about Will Avery. If we allow Paulette Braddock to back into this office the county will step back in time at least 8 years. If there is anyone undecided, take my advice and just wait a couple of weeks before you vote. I'm hearing there is some serious information about to be released. ;)

I WILL BE VOTING FOR WILL!!

AND I WILL BE VOTING NO ON ALL THE AMENDMENTS AND THE SPLOST!!

And I agree, if you're undecided then you need to wait until closer to election time.

Early voting will last until the Friday before the election the next Tuesday.

feelip, From what I overheard at the barber shop this morning,This information about to be released will make Deal look like a choir boy compared to Paulette?????

That's funny... I could have sworn that all of the Governors race

topics were suddenly moved to the political forum last week within

mere hours of the very first appearance of a negative thread about Barnes...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Funny, me too. Oh, and by the way, I'm voting for Deal so I guess I cancel out poor ol' Feelip. :D

Maybe if I bring up Roy's flagrant and illegal gerrymandering that was stopped by the high court and his losing court fight against Georgia's compliance with the federal Help America Vote Act, maybe we can get this one booted out too.

feelip, From what I overheard at the barber shop this morning,This information about to be released will make Deal look like a choir boy compared to Paulette?????

I'm hearing some things that are hard to believe. At least it is hard to believe that anyone with this kind of skeleton would even run for public office. But I am waiting for the official release. I just hate to see anyone vote early and wish they could change their vote after this news is released.

Funny, me too. Oh, and by the way, I'm voting for Deal so I guess I cancel out poor ol' Feelip. :D

Maybe if I bring up Roy's flagrant and illegal gerrymandering that was stopped by the high court and his losing court fight against Georgia's compliance with the federal Help America Vote Act, maybe we can get this one booted out too.

Do you really think Nathan Deal is a good choice for governor? I'll admit that if there were a decent, honest Republican candidate I would be voting for the Republican instead of Barnes. But Nathan Deal is just a low life piece of white trash.

Do you really think Nathan Deal is a good choice for governor? I'll admit that if there were a decent, honest Republican candidate I would be voting for the Republican instead of Barnes. But Nathan Deal is just a low life piece of white trash.

I'm going to say this real slowly for the umpteenth time and please don't anybody ask again. You may feel free to quote me on this:

I think that Nathan Deal is marginally the lesser of two fairly big evils, and for that reason alone, I will be voting for him.

No, he didn't hang the moon, save the earth from space invaders, invent a viable alternative to fiat currency, or present a well polished or even very acceptable image as a politician. But neither did Roy.

It's not a matter of which candidate I like, it's about which candidate I detest the least.

I wouldn't actively campaign for Deal, but had Karen won, and were I physically able, I would actively campaign for both her and Avery. It ain't about the party as much as it is the person I think will do the best, or in the case of the current choice for governor, the least worst job.

I could swear you are talking about Barnes.

I'm going to say this real slowly for the umpteenth time and please don't anybody ask again. You may feel free to quote me on this:

I think that Nathan Deal is marginally the lesser of two fairly big evils, and for that reason alone, I will be voting for him.

No, he didn't hang the moon, save the earth from space invaders, invent a viable alternative to fiat currency, or present a well polished or even very acceptable image as a politician. But neither did Roy.

It's not a matter of which candidate I like, it's about which candidate I detest the least.

I wouldn't actively campaign for Deal, but had Karen won, and were I physically able, I would actively campaign for both her and Avery. It ain't about the party as much as it is the person I think will do the best, or in the case of the current choice for governor, the least worst job.

I'm with you on Karen and Will, but I just know too much about Deal and I have been knowing Roy a long time. While Roy runs a few degrees left of my position, I still know him to be of good character and above the board with his deals. At least he lives within the law.

I could swear you are talking about Barnes.

That's just an ignorant statement. You really don't know what you are talking about. There have been times when Roy was too liberal for my taste, and times when I disagreed with his position an a matter, but you will be hard pressed to find any REAL dirt on Roy.

Think about it. If there was any dirt out there the Pub Rubbers would be talking about that instead of his "Obama Connection".

So when are the 'allegations' against PB supposed to be released? Before the election I hope.

Me too. And what I'm hearing it is not allegations. ;)

That's just an ignorant statement. You really don't know what you are talking about. There have been times when Roy was too liberal for my taste, and times when I disagreed with his position an a matter, but you will be hard pressed to find any REAL dirt on Roy.

Think about it. If there was any dirt out there the Pub Rubbers would be talking about that instead of his "Obama Connection".

You're right and I apologize for being a jerk.

WHY on Gods green earth, would ANYBODY run for ANY office if there was some sort of HUGE skeleton in their closet? Politicians do it EVERYDAY, all the while thinking, 'Oh, I can keep this covered up'. Yea.........NO YOU CAN'T DUMBA$$!!!!!!!!! You'd think that they would be smarter than this, but then again , I guess that is just asking too much!!!!!

I can't vote for either one of them, so the Libertarian will get my vote. Mr Monds.

Ditto here. I'm way yonder conservative, but I just cannot vote for Deal. I've got a healthy bit of libertarian (small "l") in me, anyway.

Ditto again.

WHY on Gods green earth, would ANYBODY run for ANY office if there was some sort of HUGE skeleton in their closet? Politicians do it EVERYDAY, all the while thinking, 'Oh, I can keep this covered up'. Yea.........NO YOU CAN'T DUMBA$!!!!!!!!! You'd think that they would be smarter than this, but then again , I guess that is just asking too much!!!!!

And I sit here wondering why Feelip and Whitey can fill this board with rumor and innuendo and folks just munch it up. pardon.gif

The last round was total crap so they abandoned it. Now they start again.