Paulding.com

I'm with you on Karen and Will, but I just know too much about Deal and I have been knowing Roy a long time. While Roy runs a few degrees left of my position, I still know him to be of good character and above the board with his deals. At least he lives within the law.

I know a few EPA lawyers that would argue convincingly against your position. I'm sure he's a nice guy to play a round of golf with, but I can guarantee you that his first responsibility is to what Roy Barnes wants to do first, what his supporters want him to do second, what the Democratic party wants him to do third, and whether or not he can legally do it runs a distant fourth at best. Often that last part was left up to his staff and Departmental Directors to clean up. I'm not telling stories out of school to remind people of the way he ran this state from a back room while supposedly championing sunshine laws, laws with at least 155 known strategic exemptions.

I know Deal is no Boy Scout. I just know how Roy ran this state last time, and could never trust him with that kind of power again.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of folks feel that way but it is what it is and Deal is the better choice. Karen has endorsed him.

He wasn't fired from his job because he did it badly but Barnes was! Once was enough!!!!

This has become the lazy style of the republican party in general. They feel once the primary is over they can just cruise into november. That is one reason we need a strong two party choice. Many peo

You're right and I apologize for being a jerk.

You should know that I have a monopoly on being a jerk on p.com. :lol:

I know you're not a jerk. BTW, I saw some MOPAR Extreme in Pigeon Forge last week. I'm still drooling.

I know a few EPA lawyers that would argue convincingly against your position. I'm sure he's a nice guy to play a round of golf with, but I can guarantee you that his first responsibility is to what Roy Barnes wants to do first, what his supporters want him to do second, what the Democratic party wants him to do third, and whether or not he can legally do it runs a distant fourth at best. Often that last part was left up to his staff and Departmental Directors to clean up. I'm not telling stories out of school to remind people of the way he ran this state from a back room while supposedly championing sunshine laws, laws with at least 155 known strategic exemptions.

I know Deal is no Boy Scout. I just know how Roy ran this state last time, and could never trust him with that kind of power again.

Well hell. I guess you and I could just stay home and not vote and the results would be the same. Let's do that. I'm not voting. :D

<snip>

Well hell. I guess you and I could just stay home and not vote and the results would be the same. Let's do that. I'm not voting. :D

I'll bet you would have to be chained down first. I would do it if there weren't a couple of other important races on tap. We have to give two more votes to Will. :good:

I am voting for Deal. I do not think he is a "crook". And I will NOT vote for Barnes because he made some less-than-stellar appointments when he was in office last time and all his commercials appealing to the overworked, underpaid teachers make me sick. Do you know how many days teachers work every year? Do you all know what teachers are paid in Paulding? Not even including the value of their benefits!!! Please, I dont want to hear that crap, Roy! Lets talk about law enforcement.....now theres a group of people who are overworked and underpaid. And, no, I am not in law enforcement.

Compared to many professions teachers are pretty lucky but I guarantee we earn every penny and if you stepped foot in a classroom you would realize that and yes the police are underpaid as well. However, I don't disparage the jobs of others and I'm pretty damn tired of people disparaging mine. If you think my job is so damn easy, become a teacher.

And I sit here wondering why Feelip and Whitey can fill this board with rumor and innuendo and folks just munch it up. pardon.gif

The last round was total crap so they abandoned it. Now they start again.

Tick Tock!

I'll bet you would have to be chained down first. I would do it if there weren't a couple of other important races on tap. We have to give two more votes to Will. :good:

You are right. We'll just disagree on which egotistical lawyer we vote for for gubner. As long as we keep Paulette out of our local business. :drinks:

They were just showing on wsb news that the polls are showing Deal at 45% and Barnes at 37%. I just don't get why so many are supporting Deal. Is it simply because he's republican?

We are in the Bible Belt and just in case you didn't know, Jesus is a Republican. :D

Well, since I'm voting for Monds, I'd join the trio, except that I'm giving a third vote to Will. :good:

Compared to many professions teachers are pretty lucky but I guarantee we earn every penny and if you stepped foot in a classroom you would realize that and yes the police are underpaid as well. However, I don't disparage the jobs of others and I'm pretty damn tired of people disparaging mine. If you think my job is so damn easy, become a teacher.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

They were just showing on wsb news that the polls are showing Deal at 45% and Barnes at 37%. I just don't get why so many are supporting Deal. Is it simply because he's republican?

I think that a considerable number of Georgians will vote Republican under any circumstances - ANY circumstances. I predict a collapse of our government during our lifetimes and it will be for situations like this!

And I sit here wondering why Feelip and Whitey can fill this board with rumor and innuendo and folks just munch it up. pardon.gif

I'm not just talking about politicians here in Paulding county, I'm talking about a politician ANYWHERE........they do it all the time and think they won't get caught. It's unbelievable.

You might want to re-read what folks have been saying for weeks. Roy isn't the choir boy they would like you to believe.

• Like 2

You got it.

It's simply because he's a Republican.

• Like 1

You are right. We'll just disagree on which egotistical lawyer we vote for for gubner. As long as we keep Paulette out of our local business. drinks.gif

We are in the Bible Belt and just in case you didn't know, Jesus is a Republican. biggrin.gif

Well I am going to decide by fate,yes I am going to flip a coin and go with itblush.gif

No madea the last round was not total crap, And it has not been abondoned either,It is obvious to most folks that paulette had rather take a cruise than to debate the issues, so............... be prepared for a full onslaught of true proven facts to be divulged pretty soon.... When does the ship leave the port??????

No madea the last round was not total crap, And it has not been abondoned either,It is obvious to most folks that paulette had rather take a cruise than to debate the issues, so............... be prepared for a full onslaught of true proven facts to be divulged pretty soon.... When does the ship leave the port??????

This has become the lazy style of the republican party in general. They feel once the primary is over they can just cruise into november. That is one reason we need a strong two party choice. Many people are waking up to the fact that a R beside there name spells elected.

We need better choices for our people in the capitol,send them a message we want them to work for our vote,and work even harder to stay in office

• Like 3

He wasn't fired from his job because he did it badly but Barnes was! Once was enough!!!!

This whole discussion would be a non-issue if Karen Handel had won over Deal.

You are right! Nathan Deal scattered like a roach bug caught in the light to keep from answering for his corrupt behavior.

NOW THAT'S WHO WE NEED RUNNING GEORGIA! :wacko:

A lot of folks feel that way but it is what it is and Deal is the better choice. Karen has endorsed him.

Oh Geez! Karen endorsed him so the GOP would pay off her campaign debt. Karen Handel knows Deal is a sleaze.

• Like 3

Oh man! That wasn't the horn on a cruise ship. That was the sound of sheeze hitting the fan. Just saw some interesting news on gapolitico.com

Well, I'm not voting for her, but that's not why. After reading the whole report (which was incredibly hard to make out, btw), it seems pretty lame. She cut a "gash" out of his hair (for a drug test, she said) and scratched his arm trying to get her cell phone from him? Really? Wooooo.

The divorce may have been messy, and I think her using "Rakestraw" in her name is incredibly hilarious, but that's not why I'm not voting for her. I'm not voting for her because of her record of voting for tax increases while on the Board of Education.

You are right! Nathan Deal scattered like a roach bug caught in the light to keep from answering for his corrupt behavior.

NOW THAT'S WHO WE NEED RUNNING GEORGIA! wacko.gif

Oh Geez! Karen endorsed him so the GOP would pay off her campaign debt. Karen Handel knows Deal is a sleaze.

You got +2 for these remarks. I got -2 for stating the truth not even my opinion. This is why I won't be discussing politics here. I really did enjoy some of our debates but I really think this is childish on the part of some and I won't be back for more. My membership has expired anyway.

Edited by NewsJunky

Oh man! That wasn't the horn on a cruise ship. That was the sound of sheeze hitting the fan. Just saw some interesting news on gapolitico.com

Quoting the liberal blog again? From folks who won't even identify themselves? The report goes to the "mugshot".

Quoting the liberal blog again? From folks who won't even identify themselves? The report goes to the "mugshot".

The head writer of the blog identifies himself readily as "Dustin," which is also his first name. I believe his email is even on there.

I think the issue at hand, however, is the fact that Paulette Braddock, in 2003 was arrested for domestic violence. At least IMO, that's not someone we need under the Gold Dome.

The head writer of the blog identifies himself readily as "Dustin," which is also his first name. I believe his email is even on there.

I think the issue at hand, however, is the fact that Paulette Braddock, in 2003 was arrested for domestic violence. At least IMO, that's not someone we need under the Gold Dome.

I believe it is time to elect someone for DISTRICT 19, with good morals and work ethics that will make Paulding County a better place to live, work, worship and play. Paulette has too much hidden baggage, with very questionable ethics, Plus her voting record and absentee/tardy record while serving eight years on the school board is certainly not what Paulding County needs at this time.

• Like 1

She has no criminal record. She wasn't charged or convicted. It was a domestic disturbance. When the cops are called, someone is going to jail. He had a scratch, she went. Divorce can be an ugly thing at times. They work together today to parent their children.

NewsJunky:

Barnes wasn't fired because he did his job badly. Barnes was fired because he miscalculated the outrage he would face when he removed the confederate battle flag from its prominent position on Georgia's state flag. The St. Andrews Cross was added to the state flag to inflame the segregationists when it was adopted in 1956 and has been an insult to the state's black population since. In essence, by characterizing the flag change as caving to blacks Barnes gave credence to those who have been saying that the Republican party was the only white peoples party in Georgia since 1964.

The emotions associated with race, frankly, are and remain a potent political force in Georgia and the south ... and the GOP has been exploiting it since Goldwater.

What didn't mark Barnes tenure was gross favoritism, cronyism and gross mismanagement of the state.

pubby