Paulding.com

News from the candidate forum last night

Oh yes - allow me to respond to this quote from Whitey..... then I have to run:

"And then you come in Mysteriously on May 10, 2010 Join P.com And begin to post on the political races,"

I came on here to get some information about getting some clearing down on my property.

I have that information still handy - and as soon as I get confirmation of my bonus next month still plan on getting that work done.

A friend told me what a GREAT site this was for information.

And with the election posts on here over and over, I am trying to learn more about the candidates - but just see the same old people saying nasty things with a few average responses and comments in between.

I find it sad that we have stooped to garbage politics.

I have posted some questions/thoughts that I have heard from folks that have lived here all their life - and asked for feedback from others. I thought that was the point - to put stuff out there, ask for feedback, and everyone learn?

But I disagree with folks touting their "feelings" as facts and just stirring the mud more.

Tell ya what. You go vote for Jerry's kids. We are going to try to make this a better place to live and keep Jerry's politics out of power in Paulding.

Now run along and get your Bobcat work done. wink wink :lol:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words you are just grasping at straws and making stuff up...

It's called a primary you dope.

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?     You understand that?

Posted Images

Tell ya what. You go vote for Jerry's kids. We are going to try to make this a better place to live and keep Jerry's politics out of power in Paulding.

Now run along and get your Bobcat work done. wink wink :lol:

Who are Jerry's kids?

I agree with you GEG! It is funny that SOME people are banned for their opinions, or discussions are stopped when certain things are brought up, but others CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT TO and it is allowed to go on. I also agree that is why most people have left this site. There is an uptick now with the election because many candidate have people following their races, but I expect a huge dropoff again after the election is over.

Quite an observation on your part,Are you followimg any races for a particular candidate?

This site is the best site In paulding County, And provides the members with a variety of forums in which to discover what is going on in Paulding from the Political forum to obits,To real time news coverage, This media provides the means to reach more potential customers in this area than all three of the news papers combined, And as such has a very large number of advertisement from the local folks

You really need to read the rules as to what it takes to Ban someone, Before you accuse the owner of wrong doings.

Pubby has been fair in my opinion, and has not banned but one person, That I personally know of, I am sure there are more that I am not aware of, Just so you know Pubby and I have not always seen eye to eye and I have received some pretty severe Reprimands/Rebutals from him on some of my post, But hey I realize that he is the owner of this business, that has rules, And That I must obey those rules if I am to continue to have the privlige to post. And for your information most people have not left this site, THIS IS THE ONLY LOCAL SITE WHERE YOUR OPINIONS CAN BE EXPRESSED AND CIVIL DISCUSSIONS CAN BE HELD

Why do you keep saying that about supporting candidates who have taken from the community for over 12 years?

#1 - I have not made up my mind who to vote for... my apparent support is all about fairness on this crazy board.

#2 - who and how?

Okay - I think anybody on here or that attends the events know that Ms. Cochran was the AA and Clerk. WOW - thanks for sharing the obvious.

I suppose as somone else said you can see Jason's history pretty easily too.

The guy you guys are talking about with the Tee-shirt - didn't I see a post somewhere that he was forwarded that material by someone? I don't think all volunteers on all campaigns have the best motives or make the best choices. If and when a candidate believes they have an issue - hopefully they'll deal with it internally. AGAIN - the entire campaign shouldn't be destroyed because of someone wearing a shirt. Guilt by association on here is unreal.

I guess everyone that works at BP is a fish killer and job killer?

Nope he wrote the article,Just some smash mouth slash and burn politics that was put out on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign

Now run along and get your Bobcat work done. wink wink laugh.gif

As soon as I get my bonus I will. wink wink doens't fool me. You really shouldn't continue to antagonize folks.

Again, I HAVE NOT DECIDED who to vote for. What is up with you guys - cant you read?

You go ahead and vote for the ones picked by the current admin. Powell backed Pownall.

As soon as I get my bonus I will. wink wink doens't fool me. You really shouldn't continue to antagonize folks.

Again, I HAVE NOT DECIDED who to vote for. What is up with you guys - cant you read?

You go ahead and vote for the ones picked by the current admin. Powell backed Pownall.

And how may I ask do you know this? I have heard that Kirby was supporting Anavitarte but have seen nothing on either of them

You know, we always have a lot of fun bantering back and forth. In the past we have played "point / counterpoint" with each other and everyone walked away unharmed (except for Jerry who lost his job over it, but hey).

Why is it that you feel so obligated to come here and appear to play the part of an innocent "I just came here to find a Bobcat" newbie? And then try to stop everyone from bringing up topics that put some candidates in a light they don't want to be seen in?

If you get tired of reading it then I suggest you stop reading it. But you should take your need to control others elsewhere.

Nope he wrote the article,Just some smash mouth slash and burn politics that was put out on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign

Whitey, do you have any proof that Anavitarte or Collet had anything to do with Chris writing or distributing that article?

Whitey, do you have any proof that Anavitarte or Collet had anything to do with Chris writing or distributing that article?

Are you saying you guys have some loose guns down at the club? :blink:

If you can't control your own little party why should anyone believe you could control our business?

• Like 2

Don't understand any of that.

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?

You understand that? :blink:

• Like 3

And how may I ask do you know this? I have heard that Kirby was supporting Anavitarte but have seen nothing on either of them

It was in the paper, but hey - we can't believe what we read right?

Feelip - Not trying to control anyone - just asking that everyone stop guilt by association tactics, name calling, and play nice.

ASKING - not controlling. Maybe you and Whitey should get on out of here and stop throwing punches. Seriously - telling someone to leave.

Maybe you should try playing nice.

Feelip - Not trying to control anyone - just asking that everyone stop guilt by association tactics, name calling, and play nice.

ASKING - not controlling. Maybe you and Whitey should get on out of here and stop throwing punches. Seriously - telling someone to leave.

I am not going anywhere until July 20th What paper was that in and when, Thank you for the information

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?

He's free to write what he wants and support who he wants.

My question was why Whitey would lump in other candidates without any proof. In Cochran's case, Chris wearing one of her t-shirts would inidicate that he supports her. Therefore, it's her call wether she wants to condemn the article and seperate herself from him. But the the other candidates in the race should not be lumped in with out any proof or reasonable suspicion.

:lol:

How long have you lived in Paulding?

He's free to write what he wants and support who he wants.

My question was why Whitey would lump in other candidates without any proof. In Cochran's case, Chris wearing one of her t-shirts would inidicate that he supports her. Therefore, it's her call wether she wants to condemn the article and seperate herself from him. But the the other candidates in the race should not be lumped in with out any proof or reasonable suspicion.

As you stated in your post it is quite obvious that Chris was supporting Cochran, Hell he was wearing her T Shirt proclaiming it.

Collett vs Graham is a little more diffcult, But attainable if you just read the post that Chris Made where he wrote all the right words to discredit Graham even though some really stretched the truth and completely omited the fact that Collett,s Immediate family is more involved with the housing Industry than mr. Graham ever has been, For proof of this claim look at the sponsors of the past Republican Party meeting

As for mr Anavitarte, It becomes a little more difficult, First you will have to aknowledge two things 1 Chris was an ardent supporter of Jerry Shearin 2 and is Jerry Shearin supporting Anavitarte, And then ask yourself why Chris did not include Tony Crowe (Former Paulding County Building inspector) into the dialogue about the builders? Then you will have your answer

As you stated in your post it is quite obvious that Chris was supporting Cochran, Hell he was wearing her T Shirt proclaiming it.

Collett vs Graham is a little more diffcult, But attainable if you just read the post that Chris Made where he wrote all the right words to discredit Graham even though some really stretched the truth and completely omited the fact that Collett,s Immediate family is more involved with the housing Industry than mr. Graham ever has been, For proof of this claim look at the sponsors of the past Republican Party meeting

As for mr Anavitarte, It becomes a little more difficult, First you will have to aknowledge two things 1 Chris was an ardent supporter of Jerry Shearin 2 and is Jerry Shearin supporting Anavitarte, And then ask yourself why Chris did not include Tony Crowe (Former Paulding County Building inspector) into the dialogue about the builders? Then you will have your answer

In other words you are just grasping at straws and making stuff up...

• Like 2

What did I make up exactly?

WHITEY, on 17 June 2010 - 03:23 PM, said:

"Nope he wrote the article,Just some smash mouth slash and burn politics that was put out on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign"

• Like 1

He knows nothing and thinks he knows everything. That points clearly to a political career. God help us all.

• Like 2

Thanks whitey for tying this together for us, makes a lot of sense to me, if there is only two candidates in the post 3 race and only one was singled out it appears to me that the Collet camp was part of this grand bizarre scheme

Your comments in regards to post 4 is common knowledge, to most folks on this site

• Like 2

You newbies should have been here years ago.........

when people REALLY got banned!

Can anyone say GODZILLA?

ARCAIDY?

DIEHARD?

HONKIN'???

It used to be a lot of fun on here!! :lol:

Oh good lawd Godzilla and I got a lone just about as good as me and S.A.W.G did :rofl: Godzilla could not stand me he was hot on my case every time I turned around...

I do miss Diehard... and the other one.... well lets just leave it that.. :ninja:

Thanks whitey for tying this together for us, makes a lot of sense to me, if there is only two candidates in the post 3 race and only one was singled out it appears to me that the Collet camp was part of this grand bizarre scheme

Your comments in regards to post 4 is common knowledge, to most folks on this site

You're slandering a very reputable person of great character.

Tommie Graham would not approve.

Edited by GOP Rules!

Find me a residential develoment with Tommie involved. Does he rent mini-storage units, yes. Does he develop residential propertries....NO.

Does David Barnet sell goods to homebuilders in some other county....YES. As I understand his biggest customer base right now is around Auburn, Alabama.

Todd sells houses, lots, and land....to whomever wants to buy. I guess per your comment that is now a tainted industry as well ?

No, just that they too drink/drank from the same trough. ;)

In the discussions on this site today, some of you questioned the sincerity of the reasons that Todd Pownall Decided to give the first two years of his pay. I talked with him and asked the very question, and, to be quite frank I am at a loss for words to express the sincerity that Mr. Pownall expressed during our conversation.

Below you will find the text of the comments that Todd made to those that attended the forum on 6/15/2010 at the Dallas Theatre After reading this text and you still have doubts please give Todd a call 678-859-0131 or visit his face book page

Good evening, I’m Todd Pownall and I am running for Post 2 Commissioner. For the past 20 years my wife Julie and I have had the opportunity to work and volunteer in this great community. It has been both an honor and a blessing to our family. We have tried to instill that in our 5 sons. In fact we have taught them the 3 T’s, which are “Give of your Time, Give of your Talents and Give of your Treasures”. Julie and I are very much aware of the tough economic times facing our nation; our state and especially facing the family’s right here at home in Paulding County. You see, it is in these tough times that I personally feel like volunteerism needs to be at an all time high. The recent school budget cuts offer us excellent opportunities to volunteer in our classrooms and in our sports programs.

In order to attract new families, jobs, and industry to our county, we are going to need volunteers just like you and me to adopt a mile or adopt a ½ mile or adopt the road in front of our property and across the street and beside us. We need to do whatever it takes to make Paulding beautiful. We need neighbors helping neighbors and families helping families. We need neighbors to come together and decide that the 6 or 8, the 10 or 12 or more foreclosed homes in our neighborhoods are not going to be allowed to be trashed out or the grass to grow tall. We’re going to pull together as a team and keep the yards cut and trash picked up. We’re going to do it in the name of safety for our children, pride in our neighborhood and our small part to keep our home values up.

It is this same volunteer spirit that gives me the privilege tonight to announce to you an unprecedented contribution to Paulding County from any elected official. I am proud to announce to you tonight that in the name of making sure the citizens of this county have the services they deserve, in the name of making sure that the Sheriff Deputies are on the street serving and protecting you and your family, and in the name of making sure our county employees do not have to take furlough days I, Todd Pownall running for Post 2 Commissioner and David Barnett running for Post 4 Commissioner are going to roll up our sleeves and give back to this community. I announce to you tonight that when elected, the first 2 years of our term, we will only accept the benefit package from the county. And outside of that we will give the remaining 100 % of our salary back to the county to do our part. It is our gift to each and every resident and tax payer of Paulding County!

You may ask tonight “Why would you do that?” Well, number one, honestly it is something that has been put on our hearts and number 2 we love Paulding County and the people of Paulding County.

So tonight I say to you, vote Todd Pownall for Post 2 Commissioner. I promise you I won’t let you down. I’ve got one agenda and that is to serve the citizens of Paulding County. Tonight I ask that God bless you and the families you represent. I ask God to protect the men and women serving our country and I ask God to continue to bless the United States of America with the freedom we enjoy.

Thank you! Todd Pownall

In the discussions on this site today, some of you questioned the sincerity of the reasons that Todd Pownall Decided to give the first two years of his pay. I talked with him and asked the very question, and, to be quite frank I am at a loss for words to express the sincerity that Mr. Pownall expressed during our conversation.

Below you will find the text of the comments that Todd made to those that attended the forum on 6/15/2010 at the Dallas Theatre After reading this text and you still have doubts please give Todd a call 678-859-0131 or visit his face book page

Good evening, I’m Todd Pownall and I am running for Post 2 Commissioner. For the past 20 years my wife Julie and I have had the opportunity to work and volunteer in this great community. It has been both an honor and a blessing to our family. We have tried to instill that in our 5 sons. In fact we have taught them the 3 T’s, which are “Give of your Time, Give of your Talents and Give of your Treasures”. Julie and I are very much aware of the tough economic times facing our nation; our state and especially facing the family’s right here at home in Paulding County. You see, it is in these tough times that I personally feel like volunteerism needs to be at an all time high. The recent school budget cuts offer us excellent opportunities to volunteer in our classrooms and in our sports programs.

In order to attract new families, jobs, and industry to our county, we are going to need volunteers just like you and me to adopt a mile or adopt a ½ mile or adopt the road in front of our property and across the street and beside us. We need to do whatever it takes to make Paulding beautiful. We need neighbors helping neighbors and families helping families. We need neighbors to come together and decide that the 6 or 8, the 10 or 12 or more foreclosed homes in our neighborhoods are not going to be allowed to be trashed out or the grass to grow tall. We’re going to pull together as a team and keep the yards cut and trash picked up. We’re going to do it in the name of safety for our children, pride in our neighborhood and our small part to keep our home values up.

It is this same volunteer spirit that gives me the privilege tonight to announce to you an unprecedented contribution to Paulding County from any elected official. I am proud to announce to you tonight that in the name of making sure the citizens of this county have the services they deserve, in the name of making sure that the Sheriff Deputies are on the street serving and protecting you and your family, and in the name of making sure our county employees do not have to take furlough days I, Todd Pownall running for Post 2 Commissioner and David Barnett running for Post 4 Commissioner are going to roll up our sleeves and give back to this community. I announce to you tonight that when elected, the first 2 years of our term, we will only accept the benefit package from the county. And outside of that we will give the remaining 100 % of our salary back to the county to do our part. It is our gift to each and every resident and tax payer of Paulding County!

You may ask tonight “Why would you do that?” Well, number one, honestly it is something that has been put on our hearts and number 2 we love Paulding County and the people of Paulding County.

So tonight I say to you, vote Todd Pownall for Post 2 Commissioner. I promise you I won’t let you down. I’ve got one agenda and that is to serve the citizens of Paulding County. Tonight I ask that God bless you and the families you represent. I ask God to protect the men and women serving our country and I ask God to continue to bless the United States of America with the freedom we enjoy.

Thank you! Todd Pownall

You get what you pay for.

You newbies should have been here years ago.........

when people REALLY got banned!

Can anyone say GODZILLA?

ARCAIDY?

DIEHARD?

HONKIN'???

It used to be a lot of fun on here!! :lol:

and I say this with the utter most respect. **you are an old Fart** :clapping:

Ahhh, the memories!! Y'all forgot about..............oh what was his name?? The guy with the camera???? Oh yeah, Anonymoose?? or something like that. :ph34r:

BTW, what the heck are you two doing in the political fourm?? Oh wait, this is county wide news. :wacko: :lol:

I don't know what the examiner site is. Somebody help me here. I really don't understand why anyone wouldn't go on web TV to face an accusation and clear the air. The only reason would be if there is something to hide or if the person felt inferior in being able to discuss an issue. There might be other reasons but I can't think of any. I don't understand this at all.

I am having trouble understanding if Chris is banned here or not. I am not sure that if I was him, that I would want to go on to a web show that was hosted and staffed by folks who were so vocally opposed to me. I am thinking that there is not much to be gained by appearing.

The bottom line is that both Paulding.com and Examiner are opinion sites and not news outlets. Heck, I am hard pressed to think that any "news outlet" anymore is something other than opinion.

• Like 1

I attended the forum last night and one of the first things that I was faced with was a copy of an article from a local web site the (Paulding County Republican Examiner) Written By Christopher Collins. (Copy Attached) Who is/was a precinct captain for the Paulding County Republican Party?

For too many years Candidates In Paulding County, Have attempted to label their opponents As Being members of the Paulding County Builders Association, Knowing all along that the candidates themselves were a part of the Administration that brought the housing boom to Paulding County, Between the year's 2000 and 2008 And the aftermath that was sure to follow Such as Higher taxes, Congested Roadways, No local jobs, Overcrowded Schools, And an over burdened Public safety Department.

This smear campaign has now reached every commission post and House/Senate district In PauldingCounty Either through the web site, Or through printing copies of the article and using a whisper campaign in their respective post Districts.

I talked with the three commission candidates who are currently running in post 2, 3, and 4 who were cited in this article and all three emphatically stated that they had never developed a sub division, nor had they built homes in Paulding County for sale to the General public.

Tommie Graham stated that he had Developed commercial Property on Highway 278, And the Cadillac Parkway area that has provided local jobs for citizens of Paulding County

David Barnett stated that he also has not developed a sub division, and, furthermore was not currently a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, and had not been for a few years. He does own a business across from the New Courthouse that provides jobs for Paulding County Residents and has been able to maintain a stable workforce through being diversified.

Todd Pownall, Emphatically stated that he has NEVER been a member of the Paulding County Builders Association, And approached Mr. Collins (who, was wearing a tee shirt supporting one of his opponents Beverly Cochran) after the meeting and confronted him about the things that he had written about him, And he (Collins) replied that he thought that the information that he had posted came from a reliable source, And refused to divulge the source???? Such a shame that such a smear campaign is allowed to continue here in our County.

I think it is only proper that the campaigns of Jason Anavitarte, Vernon Collete, Paulette Braddock And Beverly Cochran Come forth and denounce this type of Campaigning, And Instruct their campaign staff to cease and desist from using this article in the future.

Mr. Collins, If you are to maintain any credibility, It is incumbent upon you to retract the untruths that you have posted on the web site, And offer public apologizes for the harm you have done, Not only to the Republican Party of Paulding County But also to the family members of those running for public office

PauldingBuildersGOP.jpg

Did you SEE a hard copy (flier) of this yourself? In what form was it passed around? Do YOU know who passed it around? Do you know anyone personally who saw it and in what form did they say it appeared?search.gif I do not believe that Chris had anything to do with it showing up at the Debate! I believe he is telling the truth. I always look for the truth!

Ahhh, the memories!! Y'all forgot about..............oh what was his name?? The guy with the camera???? Oh yeah, Anonymoose?? or something like that. :ph34r:

BTW, what the heck are you two doing in the political fourm?? Oh wait, this is county wide news. :wacko: :lol:

you know better then that girl.... **note to all this is in the county wide news or I would not be posting in it** (just in case it gets moved to the PF) :pardon:

and I think I have not even posted about the topic :rofl:

Did you SEE a hard copy (flier) of this yourself? In what form was it passed around? Do YOU know who passed it around? Do you know anyone personally who saw it and in what form did they say it appeared?search.gif I do not believe that Chris had anything to do with it showing up at the Debate! I believe he is telling the truth. I always look for the truth!

News Junky

The article posted on the other site, has now become the center of controversy, which could possibly result in a legal action.

The writer of the article has certain responsibilities and I would suggest that he do two things

(1) A complete and honest straight forward retraction of those things that is not true.

(2) That the writer read the HATCH act?

Having said that I respectfully decline to answer any questions related to this matter.

News Junky

The article posted on the other site, has now become the center of controversy, which could possibly result in a legal action.

The writer of the article has certain responsibilities and I would suggest that he do two things

(1) A complete and honest straight forward retraction of those things that is not true.

Having said that I respectfully decline to answer any questions related to this matter.

Hmmmm......sounds really familiar - maybe someone here might have done the same or something very similar? You know what they say about consequences for actions - people really need to stop and think that they might eventually have to "own their words" whether or not they are typing away anonymously on a public message forum or just out in the general public talking. Never know what someone might overhear - small world we live in.

And this is ALL I have to say about that.....

Edited by Beach Bum

News Junky

Maybe you should take this opportunity to retract the following also?

"Nope he wrote the article,Just some smash mouth slash and burn politics that was put out on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign"

Maybe you should take this opportunity to retract the following also?

And maybe he could retract his statement of "Kim Curl resigning from the School Board at one point because he didn't get his way". Not a true statement - in fact, not even close.

I can name more quotes from other posters but I really don't have the time nor the energy at this point. I think they know what I am talking about. Besides, it is just really ridiculous that anyone would believe the crap that is posted here without checking it out for themselves (and yes, that would include my posts also).

Edited by Beach Bum

And maybe he could retract his statement of "Kim Curl resigning from the School Board at one point because he didn't get his way". Not a true statement - in fact, not even close.

I can name more quotes from other posters but I really don't have the time nor the energy at this point. I think they know what I am talking about. Besides, it is just really ridiculous that anyone would believe the crap that is posted here without checking it out for themselves.

I think David Austin told Whitey to shut his mouth on PCOM after it was revealed by Whitey yesterday that him and David have been having private face to face meetings. Whitey still hasn't revealed what the subject matter was.