Paulding.com

News from the candidate forum last night

I think David Austin told Whitey to shut his mouth on PCOM after it was revealed by Whitey yesterday that him and David have been having private face to face meetings. Whitey still hasn't revealed what the subject matter was.

That very well could be true. David is a wonderful human being and I sincerely doubt that he would condone nonsense such as this. He has way too much integrity for that.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In other words you are just grasping at straws and making stuff up...

It's called a primary you dope.

This guy Chris claims to be one of the higher ups in the Paulding GOP. I am guessing that you guys don't have the ability to tell him to stop making an ass of you all?     You understand that?

Posted Images

Maybe you should take this opportunity to retract the following also?

"Nope he wrote the article,Just some smash mouth slash and burn politics that was put out on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign"

If the false story put on Ithy's Blog about Graham, Barnett and Pownall was not put out "on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign", then why was it PUT OUT at all ?

Looks to me like the Paulding GOP Group is imploding. The "Powers that Be" appear to be endorsing their own slate of GOP candidates while trying to slash and burn other Republican Candidates. They sure are not presenting a united front of any type and are doing their best to beat on each other. Good thing for them there are so few Democratic candidates running for local office.

Maybe you should take this opportunity to retract the following also?

"Nope he wrote the article,Just some smash mouth slash and burn politics that was put out on behalf of the Anavitarte,Collet, Cochran Campaign"

Just Curious GOP Rules is their some reason that you did not include Cochran with the underlining :D

That very well could be true. David is a wonderful human being and I sincerely doubt that he would condone nonsense such as this. He has way too much integrity for that.

I am still trying to figure out how David Austin even got into the campaign mud that is being slung around. He is not running for election this year and I think he should have been left out of this unpleasantness. I did not like the tone of the article and can't defend the actual writer. It was not Chris if my information is correct. He does have to take what comes with printing it on his site though. I will state once again that there were no copies distributed at the Debate on Tuesday.

Chris says his site is a news and commentary site. I think he should stick with releases put out by candidates or actual election news for the state and county. This kind of thing is ill advised and hurtful. I know and support some of those mentioned and I think they were hit below the belt. I do not like this kind of campaigning.

I think David Austin told Whitey to shut his mouth on PCOM after it was revealed by Whitey yesterday that him and David have been having private face to face meetings. Whitey still hasn't revealed what the subject matter was.

First I would like to remind you that you wore the administration carpet out last year Visiting David and/or his staff about the budget process Remember, Never once did you question the fact that there was going to be a 1.1 mil increase for the courthouse that was passed on by the previous administration, You kept beating up on David about the appox.1/2 mill increase in the M&O WOW what priorities

Secondly you should know me by now that neither you, Ithey nor Beach Bum can silence my opinions I voice on this web site, and most Certainly David Austin cannot silence me nor has he attempted to do so. Pubby has the control to stop me if I get out of line

Thirdly You never asked what the conservations were about, had you asked I would of told you………………………………..NONE OF YOU DAMN BUSINESS

As for as being revealed yesterday, You asked a question, And I gave a truthful answer to that question. :D

• Like 1

And that very well could be false :D BTW good to see you back, I knew you would not stay away for long :D

And that very well could be false :D BTW good to see you back, I knew you would not stay away for long :D

I like to pop in every once in a while and watch those "holes getting dug a little deeper". :lol:

This site or any other like it would be last place I would seek info about who to vote for.

:clapping: I very much agree with this statement! :clapping:

I am still trying to figure out how David Austin even got into the campaign mud that is being slung around. He is not running for election this year and I think he should have been left out of this unpleasantness. I did not like the tone of the article and can't defend the actual writer. It was not Chris if my information is correct. He does have to take what comes with printing it on his site though. I will state once again that there were no copies distributed at the Debate on Tuesday.

Chris says his site is a news and commentary site. I think he should stick with releases put out by candidates or actual election news for the state and county. This kind of thing is ill advised and hurtful. I know and support some of those mentioned and I think they were hit below the belt. I do not like this kind of campaigning.

I suggest you ask GOP rules :unsure:

I suggest you ask GOP rules :unsure:

He also started the thread trashing Handle. It is almost kind of fun watching the local GOP guys chew each other's butts up. Between Ithy and GOP Rules they seem to have it all under control.drinks.gif

He also started the thread trashing Handle. It is almost kind of fun watching the local GOP guys chew each other's butts up. Between Ithy and GOP Rules they seem to have it all under control.drinks.gif

• Like 2

NewsJunky

It was not Chris if my information is correct. He does have to take what comes with printing it on his site though. I will state once again that there were no copies distributed at the Debate on Tuesday.

Chris says his site is a news and commentary site. I think he should stick with releases put out by candidates or actual election news for the state and county. This kind of thing is ill advised and hurtful. I know and support some of those mentioned and I think they were hit below the belt. I do not like this kind of campaigning

He cited some things that are not the truth, In fact he plainly states On June 16, 2010 that he wrote the Article

• Like 1

You had to start with the insults again huh.

The election 2 years ago had the local GOP "Powers that Be" working hard behind the scenes to get Shearin re-elected. I witnessed it first hand several times with some of those who were past chairman of the local GOP clearly and publicly supporting King Jerry.

And they got their collective butts handed to them on a platter.

Now this year they are hell-bent on getting THEIR slate of candidates elected. With the demise of Richardson, they realize they will be on the outside looking in if they don't manager to wrestle back control of the BOC. The RBMD money and support will be out in force.

To those of us who are not integral members of the local GOP. it is interesting to watch as they line up on opposing sides.

But you keep up the good work GOPRules. You are doing an outstanding job of talking out of both sides of your mouth. I am almost sorry Ithy isn't here to help you out.

While you hurl insults at anyone opposing YOUR candidate, going on and on about how BAD they are for their Smear and Slash tactics, and then you throw the same buckets of mud on the candidates you DON'T support. Its OK though, we understand.

Kind of fun watching you guys beat each other up.

Hope you save some steam for the other elections in November.

NewsJunky

He cited some things that are not the truth, In fact he plainly states On June 16, 2010 that he wrote the Article

He did not if my info is correct. He can't come on here to answer to it. He did print it on his site though and he does approve of what it contains. I will say again I do not think it was a good move and I don't agree with it.

He did not if my info is correct. He can't come on here to answer to it. He did print it though and he does approve of what it contains. I will say again I do not think it was a good move and I don't agree with it.

And the article is full of misinformation and down right lies. It makes untrue STATEMENTS. No opinion, but statements concerning current membership status in the Paulding Builders Association which is incorrect. Can't get much more black and white than that.

And Ithy is hard at work trying to trash some other statewide candidates as well with half truths and "quoted" innuendos.

But then condemns anyone else doing similar activities to HIS candidates.

Yeah, kind of a double standard, but what I have come to expect from the local GOP leadership.

The election 2 years ago had the local GOP "Powers that Be" working hard behind the scenes to get Shearin re-elected. I witnessed it first hand several times with some of those who were past chairman of the local GOP clearly and publicly supporting King Jerry.

Now this year they are hell-bent on getting THEIR slate of candidates elected. With the demise of Richardson, they realize they will be on the outside looking in if they don't manager to wrestle back control of the BOC. The RBMD money and support will be out in force.

To those of us who are not integral members of the local GOP. it is interesting to watch as they line up on opposing sides.

But you keep up the good work GOPRules. You are doing an outstanding job of talking out of both sides of your mouth. I am almost sorry Ithy isn't here to help you out.

While you hurl insults at anyone opposing YOUR candidate, going on and on about how BAD they are for their Smear and Slash tactics, and then you throw the same buckets of mud on the candidates you DON'T support. Its OK though, we understand.

Who are my candidates?

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

He did not if my info is correct. He can't come on here to answer to it. He did print it though and he does approve of what it contains. I will say again I do not think it was a good move and I don't agree with it.

I read the article, and, it plainly states that he wrote the article, if he wanted to respond, why would he not use his own site?

What info do you have about who wrote the article?

Find me a residential develoment with Tommie involved. Does he rent mini-storage units, yes. Does he develop residential propertries....NO.

Does David Barnet sell goods to homebuilders in some other county....YES. As I understand his biggest customer base right now is around Auburn, Alabama.

Todd sells houses, lots, and land....to whomever wants to buy. I guess per your comment that is now a tainted industry as well ?

No, just that they too drink/drank from the same trough. ;)

And so does Home Depot, Should they be included also?

And the article is full of misinformation and down right lies. It makes untrue STATEMENTS. No opinion, but statements concerning current membership status in the Paulding Builders Association which is incorrect. Can't get much more black and white than that.

And Ithy is hard at work trying to trash some other statewide candidates as well with half truths and "quoted" innuendos.

But then condemns anyone else doing similar activities to HIS candidates.

Yeah, kind of a double standard, but what I have come to expect from the local GOP leadership.

You are wrong. None of this stuff is coming from the GOP leadership! At least not to my knowledge. No, I am not one of them but I do know them.

NewsJunky

Maddox, the article no longer states that he wrote the article, Amazing how he is covering up his tracks now that you brought this to his attention.

I did run a copy of it though before he edited it, and a copy after it was edited.

You are wrong. None of this stuff is coming from the GOP leadership! At least not to my knowledge. No, I am not one of them but I do know them.

The Paulding County Republican web site states that he is a precinct captain If you google him this is what appears

1. Paulding County Republican Examiner

Jun 11, 2010 ... Christopher Collins is a Cold War Veteran of the USAF; a member of the Paulding County GOP, Precinct Captain and State Delegate

Is this not correct

The Paulding County Republican web site states that he is a precinct captain If you google him this is what appears

1. Paulding County Republican Examiner

Jun 11, 2010 ... Christopher Collins is a Cold War Veteran of the USAF; a member of the Paulding County GOP, Precinct Captain and State Delegate

Is this not correct

Yes, but he is not one of the officers.

That position would make him a member of the County Committee. It is a large group.

Yes, but he is not one of the officers.

That position would make him a member of the County Committee. It is a large group.

Are the State Delegates elected by the members, Or appointed by the officers

February 3, 2009

Builders and Realtors Stand Together As One Voice

Georgia House of Representatives Speaker Glenn Richardson stands with representatives from your Paulding County Builders Association and representatives from the Paulding Board of Realtors.

Representative Howard Maxwell spent time discussing important issues facing the residential construction industry and housing market in Paulding County with Builders Association and Board of Realtor representatives.

Not that there is a problem with this, but I see where someone might believe the people are part of one larger group/industry.

post-37446-127691520213_thumb.jpg

Are the State Delegates elected by the members, Or appointed by the officers

They earn the right to become a State Delegate by attending meetings and working within the Party. They put their name on the list and make a request to become one. I believe they have to attend the Mass Meeting to be eligible.

They earn the right to become a state Delegate by attending meeting and working within the Party. They put their name on the list and make a request to become one. I believe they have to attend the Mass Meeting to be eligible.

Does that mean the local officers appoint them

February 3, 2009

Builders and Realtors Stand Together As One Voice

Georgia House of Representatives Speaker Glenn Richardson stands with representatives from your Paulding County Builders Association and representatives from the Paulding Board of Realtors.

Representative Howard Maxwell spent time discussing important issues facing the residential construction industry and housing market in Paulding County with Builders Association and Board of Realtor representatives.

Not that there is a problem with this, but I see where someone might believe the people are part of one larger group/industry.

I don't see that there should even be a question about it. The last time I checked all of those professions were honorable. I do not understand why anyone would try to demonize hard working honest folks. If there is a character flaw then I want to hear about it but this stuff is getting old and very petty.

I live in a house that I am glad someone built for us and we had a lovely lady realtor who helped us through the buying process. Thank goodness for all of them!!!

I don't see that there should even be a question about it. The last time I checked all of those professions were honorable. I do not understand why anyone would try to demonize hard working honest folks. If there is a character flaw then I want to hear about it but this stuff is getting old and very petty.

Agreed. My only point was that I see how some may make the assumption about these candidates and their ties to the industry.... just like Whitey and Surepip assume that Beverly working at the commissioner office means she is just like Shearin.

Or the ties to Shearin for the donations he has made to campaigns.

Just wanted to show those guys have a connection that was brought forward for people to think about - and demonizing one person for the connections they made is b.s..... since the others on here do the same darned thing.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just showing how some could make the assumption.

I know many folks that are 40-65 that really feel strongly about problems caused by the building industry. They have the right to their opinions, just like others do - but they aren't on here slamming folks. If they feel that those ties are best to not be in office together, that is their right I suppose.

Agreed. My only point was that I see how some may make the assumption about these candidates and their ties to the industry.... just like Whitey and Surepip assume that Beverly working at the commissioner office means she is just like Shearin.

Or the ties to Shearin for the donations he has made to campaigns.

Just wanted to show those guys have a connection that was brought forward for people to think about - and demonizing one person for the connections they made is b.s..... since the others on here do the same darned thing.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just showing how some could make the assumption.

I know many folks that are 40-65 that really feel strongly about problems caused by the building industry. They have the right to their opinions, just like others do - but they aren't on here slamming folks. If they feel that those ties are best to not be in office together, that is their right I suppose.

They could not have built without approval of the Zoning Commission and the BOC. It is silly to blame the builders for the uncontrolled growth in my opinion.