Paulding.com

Paulette Braddock

I do not believe paulding.com and the Dallas New Era are the ones that people run for to educate themselves on a candidate. Most look at the candidates website, see the commercials/banners/mailings, speak with the candidate, maybe make it out to an event or two and make their decision from there. Unless it is splashed across the main news sites I would gather lots of this info you put out there on Paulette is not being seen.

For example: Yes, my husband usually votes Republican, but he always makes a list of candidates platforms, what they say when he speaks with them, voting records, and see what aligns up most to what he wants. I have never once seen him come on here so what would make him go dig into someones personal life looking for arrests and or bankruptcies? Nothing. Just pointing out what I believe to be the average voter is hearing/seeing.

I personally do not know who I will vote for. Has Paulette done some things wrong? Yes. BUT, I do think some of it is subject to interpretation. People will look at facts and apply their own personal experiences to them and make a decision from that. (Many have been arrested, so will that matter to them? Maybe not. Many have filed bankruptcy, so will that matter to them? Maybe not. Her "tax increases" are based on who you speak with...again some think is was an out right tax increase others not so much.) I am not sure of Paulette and not yet convinced to vote for Will.Though Animal has soured me on Will some. (I am trying to distance the two, but truthfully, I am human and that is hard)

Does Paulette have something on her website about admitting to insurance fraud or being arrested for Domestic Violence?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On page three of the Dallas new Era,what a profile. Next what a web site www.paulettebraddock.com This is hitting High profile status,high criminal history. The Republican party is represented well on

You said yourself there are certain details that only "those with passwords" can find out. I don't know about you but I am of the opinion that it is disrespectful to my employers who are paying for t

I think it's still mispelled. Shouldn't it be CONdidate?   And she is still getting votes....

No, exactly my point. Unless you come here or see the ad placed in the Dallas New Era how would you know?

I would hope that Animal, as well-intentioned as he may be, would not sour you on a candidate. I am not sure how often Will and Animal talk, but my best guess would not be very often, but what do I know.

I understand there is always "interpretation" to be had, but there are some facts in play here. Paulette, in being asked to respond, said she just "forgot" about the arrests (both of em, apparently), which I personally think to be wholly irresponsible. As far as I know, these things were not disclosed even to her closest supporters, which are people who need to know. Perhaps she could have pulled a "Jill Chambers" and admitted to her past issues-- though Jill never had two arrests on her record.

And, though I agree that many people have been arrested, that would sour me on voting for them, unless mitigating circumstances prevailed. One mistaken arrest I can understand, sure. Two is a little harder to bear. For me, at least, it shows a pattern of lack of personal responsibility and accountability, and in Ms. Braddock's case, it also shows her dishonesty and lack of ethics, expecially when coupled with the other facts, like her record.

As for the tax increase issue, people can interpret 7 of them as they wish. According to the state of Georgia, they're tax increases. More money out of your pocket. Add in the one time she voted for a 3% sales tax increase, her absenteeism, etc...is that really someone you want representing you?

If you can't vote for Will, I understand. In one race this year, I couldn't bear to vote for either of them, so I wrote someone in. Abstain, but think to yourself-- can you really vote for Paulette?

• Like 1

I do not believe paulding.com and the Dallas New Era are the ones that people run for to educate themselves on a candidate.

Bellaprincess:

Actually, you'd be surprised how many hits come from google to paulding.com.

We also have a history in this. One of the more active forums is the politics forum.

I don't know if your husband has a facebook or is emailed things from friends or whether he just gets an earful at the barber shop or lunch counter but the plain fact is the word does get out.

The plain fact is that in today's fragmented media world, keeping up with news relevant to a person requires they seek it out. It would probably surprise you that there is more news here than you know.

pubby

I do not believe paulding.com and the Dallas New Era are the ones that people run for to educate themselves on a candidate. Most look at the candidates website, see the commercials/banners/mailings, speak with the candidate, maybe make it out to an event or two and make their decision from there. Unless it is splashed across the main news sites I would gather lots of this info you put out there on Paulette is not being seen.

For example: Yes, my husband usually votes Republican, but he always makes a list of candidates platforms, what they say when he speaks with them, voting records, and see what aligns up most to what he wants. I have never once seen him come on here so what would make him go dig into someones personal life looking for arrests and or bankruptcies? Nothing. Just pointing out what I believe to be the average voter is hearing/seeing.

I personally do not know who I will vote for. Has Paulette done some things wrong? Yes. BUT, I do think some of it is subject to interpretation. People will look at facts and apply their own personal experiences to them and make a decision from that. (Many have been arrested, so will that matter to them? Maybe not. Many have filed bankruptcy, so will that matter to them? Maybe not. Her "tax increases" are based on who you speak with...again some think is was an out right tax increase others not so much.) I am not sure of Paulette and not yet convinced to vote for Will.Though Animal has soured me on Will some. (I am trying to distance the two, but truthfully, I am human and that is hard)

This is just my observation of this race; there are only two viable media outlets in Paulding County, P.Com and the Dallas New Era.

P.Com reaches more people and reaches out to all the candidates regardless of party affilation

P.com has interviewed all of the candidates that are running for the local races, and have covered every major event where the candidates have met to discuss the issues, and has an open door policy to any candidate who wishes to be interviewed.

Any candidate who chooses can use this media to advertise their platforms here or to participate in discussions in this forum, some have chosen to not participate here, and of course that is their choice to make.

Since Paulette has chosen not participate in an open debate with Will Avery as she did with her primary opponents, Then the only recourse is to debate the issues here?

Most of the issues were debated in the 2007 Republican Primary, Both here and the various forums held before that election.

That election the voters rejected her claim as being a conservative while serving on the School Board for eight years, and were soundly defeated in that election.Then the question remains, what has Paulette done that would qualify her as being a conservative since that election?

The fact that she attended a rally and had her Picture taken with Sarah Palin and used that photo in her primary mail outs and web site, Does this qualify her to be a conservative?

Do her arrest records make her a conservative?

Do her bankruptcies make her a conservative?

Does her voting record while serving on the School Board make her a conservative?

Does her Failure to debate the issues with her opponent make her a conservative?

Plain and simple as I see it Paulette is no conservative, And her past record reflects that she has nothing to offer her constituents in House District 19, except more embarrassment for Paulding County

Please consider voting for Will Avery For House District 19

Our local news is getting much better,our own P.com is stepping up to the plate. And it is a local issue.blush.gif

I personally come here all the time for info, but I am still amazed at the number of people who do not come here or have never even heard of it when I mention p.com.

I would hope that Animal, as well-intentioned as he may be, would not sour you on a candidate. I am not sure how often Will and Animal talk, but my best guess would not be very often, but what do I know.

I understand there is always "interpretation" to be had, but there are some facts in play here. Paulette, in being asked to respond, said she just "forgot" about the arrests (both of em, apparently), which I personally think to be wholly irresponsible. As far as I know, these things were not disclosed even to her closest supporters, which are people who need to know. Perhaps she could have pulled a "Jill Chambers" and admitted to her past issues-- though Jill never had two arrests on her record.

And, though I agree that many people have been arrested, that would sour me on voting for them, unless mitigating circumstances prevailed. One mistaken arrest I can understand, sure. Two is a little harder to bear. For me, at least, it shows a pattern of lack of personal responsibility and accountability, and in Ms. Braddock's case, it also shows her dishonesty and lack of ethics, expecially when coupled with the other facts, like her record.

As for the tax increase issue, people can interpret 7 of them as they wish. According to the state of Georgia, they're tax increases. More money out of your pocket. Add in the one time she voted for a 3% sales tax increase, her absenteeism, etc...is that really someone you want representing you?

If you can't vote for Will, I understand. In one race this year, I couldn't bear to vote for either of them, so I wrote someone in. Abstain, but think to yourself-- can you really vote for Paulette?

I understand what you are saying, I really do, but my real point (at least in this thread :) ) was that most voters do not even know about any of the issues that have come up. I seriously have not spoke with one person that is aware of any of the information released (arrests or bankruptcy) on her here. Not one. Now granted I am the only one of my friends that come here daily, but I was still very surprised.

Animal is really not going to decide my vote. :) I just wish that whole group of them would stop taking such satisfaction in local* politicians problems. It is so ugly and I really can not stand when they do it. I can hardly read a thread with out hearing how horrible a local candidate is, about robber barrons, and Jerry Shearin! I will say I have not seen (or at least had my blood pressure rise) that in your posts.

* Yes I do see a difference in comments regarding a local candidate and a national one. We live with these people in our community. They are our friends and family. We see them at Kroger, our children go to school together.....

No one is perfect. You can present the facts, they are running for an office and they are needed, but you can present facts with out celebrating them and being so darn ugly.

I personally come here all the time for info, but I am still amazed at the number of people who do not come here or have never even heard of it when I mention p.com.

I understand what you are saying, I really do, but my real point (at least in this thread :) ) was that most voters do not even know about any of the issues that have come up. I seriously have not spoke with one person that is aware of any of the information released (arrests or bankruptcy) on her here. Not one. Now granted I am the only one of my friends that come here daily, but I was still very surprised.

Animal is really not going to decide my vote. :) I just wish that whole group of them would stop taking such satisfaction in local* politicians problems. It is so ugly and I really can not stand when they do it. I can hardly read a thread with out hearing how horrible a local candidate is, about robber barrons, and Jerry Shearin! I will say I have not seen (or at least had my blood pressure rise) that in your posts.

* Yes I do see a difference in comments regarding a local candidate and a national one. We live with these people in our community. They are our friends and family. We see them at Kroger, our children go to school together.....

No one is perfect. You can present the facts, they are running for an office and they are needed, but you can present facts with out celebrating them and being so darn ugly.

The facts are ugly. Don't shoot the messengers.

I understand what you are saying, I really do, but my real point (at least in this thread smile.gif ) was that most voters do not even know about any of the issues that have come up. I seriously have not spoke with one person that is aware of any of the information released (arrests or bankruptcy) on her here. Not one. Now granted I am the only one of my friends that come here daily, but I was still very surprised.

Animal is really not going to decide my vote. smile.gif I just wish that whole group of them would stop taking such satisfaction in local* politicians problems. It is so ugly and I really can not stand when they do it. I can hardly read a thread with out hearing how horrible a local candidate is, about robber barrons, and Jerry Shearin! I will say I have not seen (or at least had my blood pressure rise) that in your posts.

I agree with all of these statements. I usually do agree with you though. Nothing new.

:good: :good:

Animal is really not going to decide my vote. :) I just wish that whole group of them would stop taking such satisfaction in local* politicians problems.

I firmly believe the folks who you perceive to be satisfied by Paulette Braddock's missteps are guilty of nothing more than being passionate about the county in which they live. These guys aren't just coming out of the woodwork, they've been here on PCom for years discussing the issues that matter. They were familiar with Braddock before this election, knew she was a bad apple, and find it imperative to warn the rest of us that this candidate has never been mistaken as ethical, upstanding, nor the kind of person you would expect to think outside the box to create novel solutions to difficult issues this county faces. When stories come out, even covered in the AJC, that lend credibility to the narrative they've already presented to you, well, certainly there's some satisfaction involved. But it's a satisfaction based on a love for the county...a hope that citizens caught the news....a satisfaction that we may have a more informed electorate choosing our representative in the Gold Dome. They know, and hopefully you know, that with the exposed record of Paulette Braddock she should be looked upon as unequivocally unelectable.

but you can present facts with out celebrating them and being so darn ugly.

Not sure there's a pleasant way to present two arrests (one felony arrest), a personal business bankruptcy, and a BOE voting record that got her booted from the board? I mean I'm sure she's a pleasant person to be around but I'm not voting her into office to be congenial.

mrnn

• Like 2

Very hard when those commenting do not understand the difference between nolo contendere and nolle prosequi.

I think everyone understands the difference, Madea. She didn't enter a nolo plea, because the diversion program didn't require it. The prosequi came into being because she completed the program, and therefore prosecution was dropped.

That being said, she also did not absolve herself of guilt. She did, however, "forget."

I think everyone understands the difference, Madea. She didn't enter a nolo plea, because the diversion program didn't require it. The prosequi came into being because she completed the program, and therefore prosecution was dropped.

That being said, she also did not absolve herself of guilt. She did, however, "forget."

Then you haven't been reading Surepip's posts.

No, exactly my point. Unless you come here or see the ad placed in the Dallas New Era how would you know?

Kind of sad isn't it?

P.com comes up second in a Bing search.

Yes, I did. And very vocally. And I've apologized.

:friends:

The facts are ugly. Don't shoot the messengers.

I didn't say they weren't. I am not shooting you! :)

I agree with all of these statements. I usually do agree with you though. Nothing new.

Same here. :)

I firmly believe the folks who you perceive to be satisfied by Paulette Braddock's missteps are guilty of nothing more than being passionate about the county in which they live. These guys aren't just coming out of the woodwork, they've been here on PCom for years discussing the issues that matter. They were familiar with Braddock before this election, knew she was a bad apple, and find it imperative to warn the rest of us that this candidate has never been mistaken as ethical, upstanding, nor the kind of person you would expect to think outside the box to create novel solutions to difficult issues this county faces. When stories come out, even covered in the AJC, that lend credibility to the narrative they've already presented to you, well, certainly there's some satisfaction involved. But it's a satisfaction based on a love for the county...a hope that citizens caught the news....a satisfaction that we may have a more informed electorate choosing our representative in the Gold Dome. They know, and hopefully you know, that with the exposed record of Paulette Braddock she should be looked upon as unequivocally unelectable.

Not sure there's a pleasant way to present two arrests (one felony arrest), a personal business bankruptcy, and a BOE voting record that got her booted from the board? I mean I'm sure she's a pleasant person to be around but I'm not voting her into office to be congenial.

mrnn

MRNN

Celebratory behavior, name calling, and all that has been said does go beyond the realm of common decency. You can present all the facts of what she has or has not done without the petty schoolyard stuff. JMO

(and I am not buying the fact they are just celebrating just for the love of the county.)

Bellaprincess:

We also have a history in this. One of the more active forums is the politics forum.

I don't know if your husband has a facebook or is emailed things from friends or whether he just gets an earful at the barber shop or lunch counter but the plain fact is the word does get out.

The plain fact is that in today's fragmented media world, keeping up with news relevant to a person requires they seek it out. It would probably surprise you that there is more news here than you know.

pubby

Besides actually living in this county, husband is not in it much. Works downtown, hair cut on lunches, etc. So he really isn't getting word of mouth news. (except from me :) ) I never google p.com because I am here most of the time!

For those of you thinking that Mr. Avery is a "very good and viable" candidate, can I ask why you believe this?

Do you not believe that he knows that Paulding County is a strong conservative seat? Could he not just be pulling an Obama and saying one thing and then intending on doing the complete opposite?

I am not a Paulette supporter. Nor am I trying to stir the pot. I am sincerely asking this question.

• Like 1

Mr. Politics said:

I'm sure Will will be trying hard to spread the word. Best thing you can do is

spread it yourself http://paulding.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/good.gif

Really? Paulette caught a lot of grief here because some thought she was doing that to Daniel Stout (although I don't believe that was proven).

MRNN

Celebratory behavior, name calling, and all that has been said does go beyond the realm of common decency. You can present all the facts of what she has or has not done without the petty schoolyard stuff. JMO

(and I am not buying the fact they are just celebrating just for the love of the county.)

I agree.

For those of you thinking that Mr. Avery is a "very good and viable" candidate, can I ask why you believe this?

Do you not believe that he knows that Paulding County is a strong conservative seat? Could he not just be pulling an Obama and saying one thing and then intending on doing the complete opposite?

I am not a Paulette supporter. Nor am I trying to stir the pot. I am sincerely asking this question.

Based upon all the threads, all I get from them is "he's not Paulette, or the "old regime".

I first met Will Avery prior to the Republican Primary, shortly after he qualified to run for District 19 House seat, and I was impressed with his knowledge of the problems facing Paulding County and the way that he expressed his reason for running as a Democrat, Knowing that Paulding County was a Republican controlled County.

Will was asked point blank that day about his past and whether or not there was any skeletons in his closet that would be brought out during the course of the campaign, As it has turned out he has proven to be squeaky clean, furthermore Will has attended all forums that he has been invited to and conducted many interviews with the various media outlets, Will has also responded here on P.com to the many questions that have been asked of him, And has made himself available by e-mail, Phone calls and yes even personal meetings with various different members on P.com and other persons who requested such a meeting.

Will Avery has been open, And, Transparent with his discussions with the citizens that he has approached, and has discussed real solutions to the problems facing Paulding County. And is more than willing to personally talk with anyone, Give him a call or e-mail him, I am sure you will be impressed.

Will Avery has demonstrated that he is much more conservative than his opponent and will represent Paulding County quite well

I know that Will Avery is concerned with the problems that the school district is faced with along with the problems that other citizens are faced with such as Jobs, Transportation, And a need for adequate water resources that is needed to attract industry

Something was wrong with a post made by Mr. Politics today at 10:40 a.m.

It was nothing with the content: He wrote:

# I agree in principle, but I do agree with some of the other posters here in saying that it's hard to give a positive spin to her record. I'm not exactly ... , but more

Some how the formatting broke the edit/approve functions that are supposed to appear at the end of the post.

Nothing really serious, just a bad bit of something that broke the post forcing me to remove it.

pubby

Whitey, thank you for your thoughtful response.

I have spoken on more than one occasion to Mr. Avery. And he always has the "right" answers. And I agree, he is impressive.

However, having challenged him on his fb page and in return being more or less attacked by his supporters has led me to believe that it is very easy to know what answers it will take to convince a very leary constituency in Paulding County.

Truly, I just wish we had another choice. I think the best choices lost in the primary.

SBS,

Which brings us to the General election in less than 3 weeks.

Our representation under the gold dome for the next 2 years is at stake here, along with our 10 year reapportionment where we should get a new seat. We have had little in the way of Representation for many years now. The Speaker had too much on his plate and kind of just let his constituents fall by the wayside.

Faced with the fact we have Paulette Braddock, "R"; and Will Avery, "D", who are you going to vote for ?

I, along with many others who generally vote Republican are going to vote for Will Avery. And we are trying to inform as many other voters as we can how critical this election is for the people of the 19th district.

We need good representation, and I know Will Avery is going to provide just that. The alternative makes me shutter in fear.

Exactly why I am voting for Will. I am not so much voting against Paulette, although I don't like her record, as I am voting for Will because of his position on the issues. Maybe with me it is a combination of things (none of which has to do with her legal issues from the past)...I just believe Will's statements and I like his thinking on things. If he turns out to be a fruitcake and/or a fake, I'll vote for somebody else next go-round.

I have spoken on more than one occasion to Mr. Avery. And he always has the "right" answers. And I agree, he is impressive.

However, having challenged him on his fb page and in return being more or less attacked by his supporters has led me to believe that it is very easy to know what answers it will take to convince a very leary constituency in Paulding County.

Truly, I just wish we had another choice. I think the best choices lost in the primary.

Right there with you Shawna!

Now I hate to to be the bad news bears,but how about the future. We need good people for the future. I just don't see it,we need to find good canidates that aren't in trouble with the law. So this is only a temporary fix,the next two years and into 2012 are going to be tough.mellow.gif

I might have thought that shortly after the primary. I actually told Will that I was supporting a Republican candidate and refused to talk with him until after the primary.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know Will and his family. You can tell a lot about a person by getting to know their family. After spending enough time to get to know him I told him that if he were elected and screwed up I would be his worst enemy. His response was "I wouldn't blame you a bit, but I'm not as worried about you as I am my momma, she said she would come up here and wear me out." And I think she would.

• Like 1

mrnn

Both excellent points.... :good:

We can only hope that this mid-year election, with National significance, brings out the vote...Also we can only HOPE that the electorate will become informed about who is running, what they stand for...And YES whether or not they have been arrested!

Thanks to Pubby for allowing this forum to exist allowing facts like this to be presented...If only there was some way for every resident of PC to realize this site exists...

A BILLBOARD Perhaps....at the intersection of 278 and Hway 92!

I will be the first to send a check for $25 if someone will start a fund!

"HEY, PAULDING COUNTY...

Did You Know we have an alternative to the local news outlets?

IT's "PAULDING.COM"

Google it and see what's happening!

Edited by **INTRUDER**

At this stage of the election, what we need is a massive "tell your neighbors, tell your relatives and tell your friends" to at least take the time to get on p.com and check out the candidates. With less than 3 weeks to go, we need to get the attention of those voters who otherwise will just vote the "R".

I seriously doubt we will see or hear much if anything from Paulette between now and November 2nd.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry thought this was about NEWS...ANY once a week so call "news" deal is nothing but OLD NEWS. If a "news" person can not report up to date news then they should give it up.

It's NEWS that a candidate has been arrested for insurance fraud. It's NEWS that a candidate was arrested for assault. It's NEWS that the person managing my tax dollars has managed her own business into bankruptcy. These are a few *small* details worth knowing. But then again, to some personal character and values don't matter.

• Like 1

It's NEWS that a candidate has been arrested for insurance fraud. It's NEWS that a candidate was arrested for assault. It's NEWS that the person managing my tax dollars has managed her own business into bankruptcy. These are a few *small* details worth knowing. But then again, to some personal character and values don't matter.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

• Like 1