Paulding.com

Taxpayers waste of money

Believe me, Roy Barnes has cost the state plenty, too - we can thank him for the '30-minutes-or-it's-free' pledge on driver's licenses. I daresay there are many folks who think that was a good idea, but it has cost the state a nice chunk of change over the years. In fat times, perhaps it doesn't matter, but in lean times, it adds up.

I'm not going to get into the fray of 'he's wasting money', but I will say that he's an absolute a$$ as to the way Deal has handled questions about this. I won't argue that he may need protection, there are a lot of crazies out there, but to throw off on Barnes that he has made millions and can pay for his own protection, chaps my behind. Don't deflect your actions by trying to divert attention to the other guy, regardless of who he is. Just answer to your own actions, own up to it and explain it. How is it Barnes fault that Deal was using a state patrol officer being paid for by the taxpayers of GA, what does Barnes possibly have to do with it? I'm not a fan of either of these guys, but I'll tell you who LOST my vote today. Mr. Deal, thats who.

I'm not going to get into the fray of 'he's wasting money', but I will say that he's an absolute a$$ as to the way Deal has handled questions about this. I won't argue that he may need protection, there are a lot of crazies out there, but to throw off on Barnes that he has made millions and can pay for his own protection, chaps my behind. Don't deflect your actions by trying to divert attention to the other guy, regardless of who he is. Just answer to your own actions, own up to it and explain it. How is it Barnes fault that Deal was using a state patrol officer being paid for by the taxpayers of GA, what does Barnes possibly have to do with it? I'm not a fan of either of these guys, but I'll tell you who LOST my vote today. Mr. Deal, thats who.

Good post :yahoo: :yahoo:

Looks to me like Deal plans to reimburse the State. I think it is a tempest in a teapot and anyone who would decide not to vote for him over it did not intend to vote for him anyway.

Nope. The reporter from WSB researched any plans for the Deal campaign to reimburse the state. Not only is there no plan, there is no system set up for the state to be able to take "reimbursement" for this service. Deal is just a liar.

Geez NJ, is there anything a Republican could do that would make you NOT vote for them? I think not. That's really sad.

• Like 1

Nope. The reporter from WSB researched any plans for the Deal campaign to reimburse the state. Not only is there no plan, there is no system set up for the state to be able to take "reimbursement" for this service. Deal is just a liar.

Geez NJ, is there anything a Republican could do that would make you NOT vote for them? I think not. That's really sad.

That is my understanding as well, the State Patrolman that they spoke with said point blank, that there is no plan in place for reimbursement and they couldn't accept it even if there was, just like you said, the system isn't set up that way.

Both Deal and Barnes were offered the protection. Deal has said he will reimburse the state according to the article. I will send him an inquiry and get back

to you on the issue. If he said he would I am sure he will. If he didn't say that I still understand the reasons why someone who just left Congress may feel he

needs protection. Course I think the Democrats may feel that way more than the Republicans right now. laugh.gif

Both Deal and Barnes were offered the protection. Deal has said he will reimburse the state according to the article. I will send him an inquiry and get back

to you on the issue. If he said he would I am sure he will. If he didn't say that I still understand the reasons why someone who just left Congress may feel he

needs protection. Course I think the Democrats may feel that way more than the Republicans right now. laugh.gif

Can't you lay aside the politics to see the whole picture? According to the same article, Deal is lying because there is no plan to reimburse the state and no system for that to happen even if there were a plan. I understan the need for the protection and think it is a good idea and certainly don't see it as a waste of money. What I do object to is Deal just lying about it. People say things all the time to make themselves look better and even tell haly-way truthes for the same reason. That I get and understand. Politicians do it more than most. All Deal had to do was admit he thought the security detail was a good idea and go on. He didn't. He lied to save his political campaign some money and that goes to his character. Lying to advance politics is not good.

Honestly, I don't feel like there is anyone to vote FOR in the race. For me, it's a vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Instead of voting FOR someone, I'll be voting AGAINST someone and that isn't the same thing to me.

Can't say that I disagree with you about some of the races we have had in the past few years. That is a sad way to feel. I felt that way about McCain. I will not be voting in this race just to vote against Barnes. I will be voting for Deal because I know it will mean less Federal Government control over the state of Georgia than we would have with Barnes. If Barnes wins he will work with those who are in control in Washington to tie more Federal strings to this state. Deal is the most conservative candidate in the race and he will be an excellent Governor. He is the best hope that we have right now for the future of Georgia. There is an old saying that applies for me in this race, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Barnes will not fool me twice!

Can't say that I disagree with you about some of the races we have had in the past few years. That is a sad way to feel. I felt that way about McCain. I will not be voting in this race just to vote against Barnes. I will be voting for Deal because I know it will mean less Federal Government control over the state of Georgia than we would have with Barnes. If Barnes wins he will work with those who are in control in Washington to tie more Federal strings to this state. Deal is the most conservative candidate in the race and he will be an excellent Governor. He is the best hope that we have right now for the future of Georgia. There is an old saying that applies for me in this race, "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me". Barnes will not fool me twice!

What are you smoking? :blink:

Deal was caught in a bald face lie and you are deflecting by going off on some ridiculous tangent about less Federal Government control? Surely you are just screwing with us. You can't really think this narrowly can you?

How many times does Deal need to fool you before you wake up?

What are you smoking? blink.gif

Deal was caught in a bald face lie and you are deflecting by going off on some ridiculous tangent about less Federal Government control? Surely you are just screwing with us. You can't really think this narrowly can you?

How many times does Deal need to fool you before you wake up?

Just what lie are you speaking of? He has said he will reimburse the state for the protection. I think he had every right to accept it and personally I don't think he needs to reimburse the state for it. Why don't you give it time and find out what he does instead of calling him a liar? Oh, I know, it is because it is a chance to promote Barnes and try to get a swipe in at Deal at the same time. This slam is not worth the time it takes to read! Just how petty can you get?

Just what lie are you speaking of? He has said he will reimburse the state for the protection. I think he had every right to accept it and personally I don't think he needs to reimburse the state for it. Why don't you give it time and find out what he does instead of calling him a liar? Oh, I know, it is because it is a chance to promote Barnes and try to get a swipe in at Deal at the same time. This slam is not worth the time it takes to read! Just how petty can you get?

NJ, Deal stated that his campaign was going to reimburse the state. THAT WAS A LIE! Not only had his campaign not been aware of the reimbursement, there is no way for the state to take a reimbursement.

The statement was nothing more than a liar thinking he was going to look bad for spending taxpayers money. He does not know how to be a man and just say "it was offered to me and I thought it was a good idea." The whole thing would have blown over.

Deal will lie when the truth fits better. What a guy! :blink:

Really people? This is the best you can do to attack Deal? I find it High-larious that when Obama was attacked in the PF for his frequent forays with an entourage, it was a purely necessary expense. Now at the state level, with a Republican, the same premise on a much smaller scale is a total waste of taxpayer dollars.

Had Roy Barnes accepted the offer, I would bet anybody here that Lori Geary wouldn't have "confronted" Nathan Deal at his Buckhead Campaign Office. Anybody willing to take that bet?

Some people don't even know when they are being played.

Really people? This is the best you can do to attack Deal? I find it High-larious that when Obama was attacked in the PF for his frequent forays with an entourage, it was a purely necessary expense. Now at the state level, with a Republican, the same premise on a much smaller scale is a total waste of taxpayer dollars.

Had Roy Barnes accepted the offer, I would bet anybody here that Lori Geary wouldn't have "confronted" Nathan Deal at his Buckhead Campaign Office. Anybody willing to take that bet?

You are completely missing my point. I don't care and don't blame Deal for taking the security that was offered. My beef is that he can't tell the truth when it fits better than the lie. I think the man is a liar.

Honestly, I don't feel like there is anyone to vote FOR in the race. For me, it's a vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Instead of voting FOR someone, I'll be voting AGAINST someone and that isn't the same thing to me.

You are not alone! :good:

Depressingly, I totally agree with you. And I'm getting REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEALLY tired of that. (Being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, not agreeing with you, that is. :D)

Old Roy plain and simply out performed Dean on this one. Or may Out Politicked.

When the reporter realized Deal was using the cars/troopers, and Roy was not, she got a free throw at Deal.

Deal could have shrugged it off, but instead he made up a "mis-truth" and stated they were going to be re-imbursing the state.

And when the reporter went to the source to find out about paying back the state, she learns there is no plan set up for that.

One of the 2 is telling a big "Miss-Truth", and my money is on Deal having a hard time extracating his foot from his mouth.

So a non-story becomes a STORY.\

Yeah, old Roy is pretty slick. And I saw him pull up in his old Ford F150 last week when he visited New Hope. No State Patrol, no State Cars.

Old Roy plain and simply out performed Dean on this one. Or may Out Politicked.

When the reporter realized Deal was using the cars/troopers, and Roy was not, she got a free throw at Deal.

Deal could have shrugged it off, but instead he made up a "mis-truth" and stated they were going to be re-imbursing the state.

And when the reporter went to the source to find out about paying back the state, she learns there is no plan set up for that.

One of the 2 is telling a big "Miss-Truth", and my money is on Deal having a hard time extracating his foot from his mouth.

So a non-story becomes a STORY.\

Yeah, old Roy is pretty slick. And I saw him pull up in his old Ford F150 last week when he visited New Hope. No State Patrol, no State Cars.

He said in the news that he was driving around in his F150. The truth...how cool is that?!?!?!

He said in the news that he was driving around in his F150. The truth...how cool is that?!?!?!

It is all about PR...and as such not believable. I will bet that is not what he drives around most of the time...just when he is working on getting those "working" people votes. You know act like he is one of us.

It is all about PR...and as such not believable. I will bet that is not what he drives around most of the time...just when he is working on getting those "working" people votes. You know act like he is one of us.

True - this is one of the "oldest tricks in the books" for some politicians. :lol:

You are completely missing my point. I don't care and don't blame Deal for taking the security that was offered. My beef is that he can't tell the truth when it fits better than the lie. I think the man is a liar.

And Roy didn't lie when he said that he wasn't invited to any Obama functions while he was in Atlanta? If you want to go after a lie, find out what Deal did with the whole Recovery Services scandal. That's a potential big fat lie that means something. This is just political gamesmanship and BS Gotcha journalism.

Stole that pickup idea from the guy in Massachusetts who won Ted Kennedy's old seat. You know, the Republican who did not stand a chance. Was his name Scott Brown? I think it is now Senator Scott Brown, the folks liked that pickup truck!!laugh.gif

And Roy didn't lie when he said that he wasn't invited to any Obama functions while he was in Atlanta? If you want to go after a lie, find out what Deal did with the whole Recovery Services scandal. That's a potential big fat lie that means something. This is just political gamesmanship and BS Gotcha journalism.

I heard Roy say he had previous engagements. Never heard him say he wasn't invited.

I'm voting for Roy simply because he is a better man than Nathan Deal.

Stole that pickup idea from the guy in Massachusetts who won Ted Kennedy's old seat. You know, the Republican who did not stand a chance. Was his name Scott Brown? I think it is now Senator Scott Brown, the folks liked that pickup truck!!laugh.gif

Believe me. The Barnes' were driving pickups long before the guy in Massachusetts did.

I heard Roy say he had previous engagements. Never heard him say he wasn't invited.

I'm voting for Roy simply because he is a better man than Nathan Deal.

<snip>

Roy Barnes Campaign Spoksman-Pants on Fire

Not that it's really a big deal. Like I said it's just relatively meaningless political BS. The Recovery Services fiasco is worthy of "investigative" journalism.

I just can't cast my lot with Roy. He doesn't own this state, but he shows no sign that he has changed his autocratic, micromanaging, often nonsensical ways. I just really can't stomach it. I will absolutely agree that Karen Handel was a much better choice. Right now I am voting for the lesser of two evils, admittedly by a narrow margin.

Not that it's really a big deal. Like I said it's just relatively meaningless political BS. The Recovery Services fiasco is worthy of "investigative" journalism.

I just can't cast my lot with Roy. He doesn't own this state, but he shows no sign that he has changed his autocratic, micromanaging, often nonsensical ways. I just really can't stomach it. I will absolutely agree that Karen Handel was a much better choice. Right now I am voting for the lesser of two evils, admittedly by a narrow margin.

I SAW Nathan Deal lie about the re-reimbursement. I never read where Barnes said anything. I really don't see the point other than a lie is a lie and Nathan Deal is a liar.

Roy has made some enemies in his time, but he's not known for lying.

PS, I'm not voting for Barnes' campaign manager. The author of this story is borderline Ithy / RR. I wouldn't expect an accurate statement to come out of his mouth.

I SAW Nathan Deal lie about the re-reimbursement. I never read where Barnes said anything. I really don't see the point other than a lie is a lie and Nathan Deal is a liar.

PS, I'm not voting for Barnes' campaign manager. The author of this story is borderline Ithy / RR. I wouldn't expect an accurate statement to come out of his mouth.

I know Ithy is banned, but where has RR been hiding ? Is he still licking his wounds from the run-off ?

And yes, the various pundits do enjoy putting spins on topics and trying to put words in other's mouths.

Like I said above, I was over in New Hope when Roy pulled up in his Ford F150, and it had some mileage on it. No state troopers anywhere in sight.

I know Ithy is banned, but where has RR been hiding ? Is he still licking his wounds from the run-off ?

And yes, the various pundits do enjoy putting spins on topics and trying to put words in other's mouths.

Like I said above, I was over in New Hope when Roy pulled up in his Ford F150, and it had some mileage on it. No state troopers anywhere in sight.

Yes, they would probably be calling you and feelip liberal Democrats about now! Or worse.rolleyes.gif

Yes, they would probably be calling you and feelip liberal Democrats about now! Or worse.rolleyes.gif

Lib. That's what little man called everyone that disagreed with him.

I think RR is off trying to decide if he is going to vote for Avery or just not vote at all. :D

Well, of course. But what chaps my arse about this and the income tax return thing (Barnes released his and Deal hasn't/won't) is that Barnes has learned from his mistakes, and is shellacking Deal on PR. And as we all know, many votes can be had just by good PR. Deal is proving me right that he is a terrible candidate. sigh

The author of what story? Politifact Georgia is a wholly owned operation of the editorial department of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Are you calling that a bastion of right wing radical conservatism? :lol:

Did Roy lie about the flag? Did he lie to the teachers? Is he lying now when he promises all the teachers raises out of the gold he scrapes off of the gold dome? Is he lying when he says he can solve all of our problems by rooting out a little waste? Give me a freaking break. When it comes to getting elected, he's a lying sack of excrement just like all of them. They will all say anything to get elected, and I guarantee you that Roy Barnes doesn't even give a second thought to any campaign promise he makes. It's his way or the highway once he's elected. A leopard doesn't change his spots. He was insufferable then and he will be so again if we are stupid enough to elect him.

I'll agree with you that the choice sucks, but Roy Barnes is no golden boy wunderkind, he's a self appointed demigod.

• Like 1

The author of what story? Politifact Georgia is a wholly owned operation of the editorial department of the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Are you calling that a bastion of right wing radical conservatism? :lol:

Did Roy lie about the flag? Did he lie to the teachers? Is he lying now when he promises all the teachers raises out of the gold he scrapes off of the gold dome? Is he lying when he says he can solve all of our problems by rooting out a little waste? Give me a freaking break. When it comes to getting elected, he's a lying sack of excrement just like all of them. They will all say anything to get elected, and I guarantee you that Roy Barnes doesn't even give a second thought to any campaign promise he makes. It's his way or the highway once he's elected. A leopard doesn't change his spots. He was insufferable then and he will be so again if we are stupid enough to elect him.

I'll agree with you that the choice sucks, but Roy Barnes is no golden boy wunderkind, he's a self appointed demigod.

I'm voting for ROY. Meantime, I'm going fishing. You guys have fun.

Well, of course. But what chaps my arse about this and the income tax return thing (Barnes released his and Deal hasn't/won't) is that Barnes has learned from his mistakes, and is shellacking Deal on PR. And as we all know, many votes can be had just by good PR. Deal is proving me right that he is a terrible candidate. sigh

YUP!!!!!!!

Deal is about to release them or so I have heard. I do have to admit that Barnes is very good at PR but he made a lousy Governor. Proof is in the pudding. Been there done that!sad.gif I think Deal will beat Roy's performance as Governor.

Deal is about to release them or so I have heard. I do have to admit that Barnes is very good at PR but he made a lousy Governor. Proof is in the pudding. Been there done that!sad.gif I think Deal will beat Roy's performance as Governor.

I believe that Deal's spokesman Brian Robinson said that Deal filed an automatic extension for last year. If so, that gives him until October 15, 2010 to file last year's taxes. Robinson said that Deal will release the forms when they are complete, but he didn't offer any idea when that would be or how many years would be released.

I believe that Deal's spokesman Brian Robinson said that Deal filed an automatic extension for last year. If so, that gives him until October 15, 2010 to file last year's taxes. Robinson said that Deal will release the forms when they are complete, but he didn't offer any idea when that would be or how many years would be released.

I thought I heard something about him doing it this week but I could be wrong. I think that is something I picked up from Peach Pundit after Phil Kent made the error of saying they had been released already. He said that on the Georgia Gang last Sunday. Of course he was very mistaken.

PolitiFact is a joke of an organization. As with most other journalistic orgs, they exist for profit, and therefore like to exaggerate sometimes. They just search for statements to refute, and half the time don't even refute the statement itself.