OK, WE WANT TO KNOW....

OK, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR PUBBY BUCK?

THE DALLAS NEW ERA IS ONLY 50 CENTS

AND THE PUBBY BUCK IS WORTH HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS

IN DISCOUNTS AND PRIZES

NOT TOO MENTION

THERE IS STILL 1 OUT THERE THAT'S WORTH $100 CASH

AND THE PUBBY BUCKS JACKPOT IS BUILDING EACH DAY

AND THERE'S THE WE CALL IT PUPPY LOVE SHOW WHERE YOU CAN WIN SOME GREAT PRIZES!

Since you asked, I'll share my reasons:

#1 I don't know where the Dallas New Era papers are sold.

#2 I'm not that interested in games of chance.

#3 I live in Cobb and while I shop a LOT in Paulding and use quite a few local businesses/services, I guess I'm not so interested in the "news" of Paulding county because it doesn't affect me much.

• Like 1

1.)I just found out about the pubby buck yesterday... been away from pcom for a few weeks.

2.)I have no clue where to get a new era, When I use to get it I would never read it because it was basically kinda boring and for the older crowd

3.) I would rather put 50 more cents with the cost of a paper and get a scratch off and find out right there if I am a winner

Maybe Pubster needs to make some scratch offs ..haha jk

Since you asked, I'll share my reasons:

#1 I don't know where the Dallas New Era papers are sold.

#2 I'm not that interested in games of chance.

#3 I live in Cobb and while I shop a LOT in Paulding and use quite a few local businesses/services, I guess I'm not so interested in the "news" of Paulding county because it doesn't affect me much.

Thank you so much for sharing...in reply...

#1 Most convenience stores carry the New Era

#2 The Pubby Buck isn't just a game of change...although you can a) win the $100 cash bonus (there is one Pubby Buck that is worth an instand $100 cash that was put into the paper), B) and you can win the daily jackpot that is posted with the winning number each day, c) you could win in one of the participating businesses

BUT...the biggest thing is that there are various businesses honoring the Pubby Bucks for the entire length of the celebration

#3 and with that said, WHEN YOU DO shop in this area, hopefully there will be some businesses that you shop at or you like that will have free items or discounts

AND NOT ONLY THAT, ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THE INSERT WITH THE PUBBY BUCK YOU WILL FIND OUR NEW BINGO CARD STYLE GAME THAT IS PLAYED EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING AT 7:00 PM WHERE YOU CAN WIN A MULTITUDE OF PRIZES!!

I hope this helps! And thanks again for asking!!! Happy 4th! And pick up your Pubby Buck!!!

1.)I just found out about the pubby buck yesterday... been away from pcom for a few weeks.

2.)I have no clue where to get a new era, When I use to get it I would never read it because it was basically kinda boring and for the older crowd

3.) I would rather put 50 more cents with the cost of a paper and get a scratch off and find out right there if I am a winner

Maybe Pubster needs to make some scratch offs ..haha jk

Thank you also for sharing...in reply...

#1 Well, there's still time for you to be a winner!!!

#2 Most convenience stores carry the New Era

#3 that 50 cents can be worth alot...it may not be a 'million dollar' winner as could be the case with a scratch off, but you can win the $100 cash bonus (there is one Pubby Buck that is worth an instant $100 cash that was put into the paper), or you could win the daily jackpot that is posted with the winning number each day, or...you could win in one of the participating businesses

BUT...you are already a winner with various businesses that are honoring the Pubby Bucks for the entire length of the celebration with free items and/or discounts

AND NOT ONLY THAT, ON THE FLIP SIDE OF THE INSERT WITH THE PUBBY BUCK YOU WILL FIND OUR NEW BINGO CARD STYLE GAME THAT IS PLAYED EVERY TUESDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING AT 7:00 PM WHERE YOU CAN WIN A MULTITUDE OF PRIZES!!

I hope this helps! And thanks again for asking!!! Happy 4th! And pick up your Pubby Buck!!!

I usually don't shop at convenience stores, and the vague promise of a 1 in ?0,000 chance of winning a little cash and saving at unnamed stores where I may or may not frequent doesn't entice me into going out of my way to get a paper.

• Like 1

Thank you also for sharing...in reply...

#1 Well, there's still time for you to be a winner!!!

#2 Most convenience stores carry the New Era

#3 that 50 cents can be worth alot...it may not be a 'million dollar' winner as could be the case with a scratch off, but you can win the $100 cash bonus (there is one Pubby Buck that is worth an instant $100 cash that was put into the paper), or you could win the daily jackpot that is posted with the winning number each day, or...you could win in one of the participating businesses

BUT...you are already a winner with various businesses that are honoring the Pubby Bucks for the entire length of the celebration with free items and/or discounts

bingo... I am not that old yet... and I haven't been to a convenient store in ages

haha it is all good... I wish the people who are playing the best of luck

Markdavd:

Amazing you would mention odds.

Each participating store has 24 winning numbers. There were 7000 total numbers issued. That works out to better than 300:1 odds (292:1) that you are a winner in any single store you walk into.

You actually have better odds (225:1) winning the one of the big growing jackpot on paulding.com that could increase to $310.00.

Of course the one $100.00 prize distributed in the New Era itself had odds of 6500:1 (because we distributed 6500 of them in the new Era and I know that pubby puck was inserted.

But that doesn't take into consideration the $1.00 off getting a free coffee at the Corner cafe for just showing your pubby buck will earn you. Nor, MarkDavd, does it take into consideration that you could drop by the Thrift Store and get your 50 cents back plus 50 cents by using the pubby buck just like a dollar.

Oh, of course you could see what everybody that has a pubby buck gets just by walking in Stars and Strikes... I think it is a free bowling game.

Know, however Mark, that I counted on folks like you being disinterested. With over 30,000 folks typically coming by Pcom each week and only 7000 pubby bucks in circulation, there just aren't enough to go around.

Folks who do want one can stop by the PCOM office and request a pubby buck.

We'll also be out and about with yet another new pubby buck poster that has another $100.00 prize, a couple of $20 prizes and something like 21 scratch off tickets. the idea here is that we'll be going around to places like Paulidng Plaza where we have three or more Pubby Buck games going and invite folks to those places then increasing the chances they have to win.

pubby

I have my PUBBY BUCKS, I want to know why you haven't picked my number :lol:

Sigh.....we'll keep trying!

I usually don't shop at convenience stores, and the vague promise of a 1 in ?0,000 chance of winning a little cash and saving at unnamed stores where I may or may not frequent doesn't entice me into going out of my way to get a paper.

Un-named stores? I'm confused?

bingo... I am not that old yet... and I haven't been to a convenient store in ages

Bingo is for everyone! This game isn't bingo but it is similar and intended for all! Families...young...old....in-between....We have some great prizes we're giving away. Last week we had a free steam cleaning for you house, dinner for 2 at Jalapeno Joe's restaurant, pass for 4 to skate at Sparkles, and a free groom for your pet

Pretty good prizes...we have a $300 value for free exam and xrays at a chiropractor, lunch for 2, skating passes, $50 off services for your car, free grooming, and more for next week's Bingo

oh, and the game isn't played using numbers, it's using names of different dog breeds...so you and your kids can learn a little, and the show's pretty good...there are rescue stories, grooming tips, pet information, vet tips and more....

and you can download a set of playing cards so you don't have to go to a convenience store

(you stop for gas correct? well alot of the gas stations have the Dallas New Era as well)

Markdavd:

Amazing you would mention odds.

Each participating store has 24 winning numbers. There were 7000 total numbers issued. That works out to better than 300:1 odds (292:1) that you are a winner in any single store you walk into.

You actually have better odds (225:1) winning the one of the big growing jackpot on paulding.com that could increase to $310.00.

Of course the one $100.00 prize distributed in the New Era itself had odds of 6500:1 (because we distributed 6500 of them in the new Era and I know that pubby puck was inserted.

But that doesn't take into consideration the $1.00 off getting a free coffee at the Corner cafe for just showing your pubby buck will earn you. Nor, MarkDavd, does it take into consideration that you could drop by the Thrift Store and get your 50 cents back plus 50 cents by using the pubby buck just like a dollar.

Oh, of course you could see what everybody that has a pubby buck gets just by walking in Stars and Strikes... I think it is a free bowling game.

Know, however Mark, that I counted on folks like you being disinterested. With over 30,000 folks typically coming by Pcom each week and only 7000 pubby bucks in circulation, there just aren't enough to go around.

Folks who do want one can stop by the PCOM office and request a pubby buck.

We'll also be out and about with yet another new pubby buck poster that has another $100.00 prize, a couple of $20 prizes and something like 21 scratch off tickets. the idea here is that we'll be going around to places like Paulidng Plaza where we have three or more Pubby Buck games going and invite folks to those places then increasing the chances they have to win.

pubby

plus there are businesses offering 10% discounts, $5.00 off, $10.00 off, free milkshakes, free iced tea, to add a few....

Bingo isn't for everyone! This is intended for all! Families...young...old....in-between....We have some great prizes we're giving away. Last week we had a free steam cleaning for you house, dinner for 2 at Jalapeno Joe's restaurant, pass for 4 to skate at Sparkles, and a free groom for your pet

Pretty good prizes...we have a $300 value for free exam and xrays at a chiropractor, lunch for 2, skating passes, $50 off services for your car, free grooming, and more for next week's Bingo

oh, and the bingo isn't played using numbers, it's using names of different dog breeds...so you and your kids can learn a little, and the show's pretty good...there are rescue stories, grooming tips, pet information, vet tips and more....

and you can download a set of playing cards so you don't have to go to a convenience store

(you stop for gas correct? well alot of the gas stations have the Dallas New Era as well)

I do stop for gas at Kroger..swipe my card at the pump or either I get it in another county

My DD is almost 16... she would want me tested for drugs if I asked her to play dog breed bingo with me.. haha that made me chuckle

it is all good... As I said before sweetie I wish those who play the best of luck.

I have mine but have yet to win anything.

AND...when did the DNE become .50...........it has always been .25, just sayin.

well, don't give up...tune in to "We Call It Puppy Love" on Tuesday to play your 'game' card...we're giving away a Free Exam and Xray at Cornerstone Chiropractic (value $300), a free groom for your pet (value up to $65.00) from Tender Loving Pet Grooming, $50 of servicing your car at North Atlanta Auto Superstore, and pass for 4 at Sparkles

plus we may add more....

I do stop for gas at Kroger..swipe my card at the pump or either I get it in another county

My DD is almost 16... she would want me tested for drugs if I asked her to play dog breed bingo with me.. haha that made me chuckle

it is all good... As I said before sweetie I wish those who play the best of luck.

lol I understand about the swipe the card at the pump and go....it's quicker and easier...I do it most of the time

as for the game, that's ok, I also understand....that comment about the drug testing is too funny!!!

thanks for replying tho and have a great 4th!!!!

You don't have to wonder why about me. I have all 26 of mine and i think it is awesome that Pubby put a lot of time and planning into this for everyone to enjoy. I got all 26 of mine for 25 cents a piece. That is a great deal for what you could win. I also think it is great that when you check your numbers you can find great deals at these places while you are there shopping.Great job Pubby. :good: I also enjoy the Bingo Puppy Love game a lot. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I hope more people play to make it more challening. Makes it more fun. Thanks Pubby for all yours and Bizness's hard work all on behalf of P.com.. It is well appreciated and noticed here. :good:

Sigh.....we'll keep trying!

Un-named stores? I'm confused?

First, you are the one who asked the why we weren't playing, so I'm trying to give an honest answer.

--

Maybe there was a comprehensive list of the participating stores and prizes posted in one of the many threads. After seeing the first thread you posted about the new game with a cutesy name y'all were planning that would require tracking down a New Era, I've mostly been ignoring the threads because of a lack of interest.

If a list of stores / savings published, it went unseen.

When I stop for gas, I pay at the pump. I have no interest in going in and waiting in line behind the folks taking their time buying their vices (beer, lottery tickets and cigarettes.) Before pay at the pump, there were times I literally had to wait in line 5 minutes to pay - longer than the time it took to pump the gas.

---

I guess I could say I stopped and they said someone bought their remaining 26 papers a few minutes earlier. (j/k) :)

this is not the old folks bingo. You're not sitting in the basement of the church or hall at the American legion sitting around and visiting.

PCOM PUPPY LOVE has a card that plays like bingo but uses words (which is educational for kids) and is done in the comfort of you home, often with your children.

And because it is free to play and has good prizes largely aimed at pet owners (the carpet cleaning) this is far from an old-folks church basement fundraising fuction, thank you.

Oh, and you can download four free playing cards byclicking here and following the instructions.

pubby

I also think it was a great idea to entice folks an the community to get involved and get people to visit some new stores.

I do not have any tickets, but I give him and the whole team effort an A for all there work. drinks.gif

You don't have to wonder why about me. I have all 26 of mine and i think it is awesome that Pubby put a lot of time and planning into this for everyone to enjoy. I got all 26 of mine for 25 cents a piece. That is a great deal for what you could win. I also think it is great that when you check your numbers you can find great deals at these places while you are there shopping.Great job Pubby. :good: I also enjoy the Puppy Love game a lot. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I hope more people play to make it more challening. Makes it more fun. Thanks Pubby for all yours and Bizness's hard work all on behalf of P.com.. It is well appreciated and noticed here. :good:

Edited by Billy Jo Bradley

First, you are the one who asked the why we weren't playing, so I'm trying to give an honest answer.

--

Maybe there was a comprehensive list of the participating stores and prizes posted in one of the many threads. After seeing the first thread you posted about the new game with a cutesy name y'all were planning that would require tracking down a New Era, I've mostly been ignoring the threads because of a lack of interest.

If a list of stores / savings published, it went unseen.

When I stop for gas, I pay at the pump. I have no interest in going in and waiting in line behind the folks taking their time buying their vices (beer, lottery tickets and cigarettes.) Before pay at the pump, there were times I literally had to wait in line 5 minutes to pay - longer than the time it took to pump the gas.

---

I guess I could say I stopped and they said someone bought their remaining 26 papers a few minutes earlier. (j/k) :)

I'm sorry, I appreciate the honest answer...I was just confused...I thought maybe you didn't recognize the stores, etc...anyway, I apologize

Yes there was an original post and some updated posts with the list of participating businesses, and it grows constantly...as for the pay at the pump, as I told another posting, I totally understand...don't like the lines either....

Well, maybe during the course of the promotion/celebration you may see something you like and you'll get either a Pubby Buck or bingo card...have a great 4th of July

to be honest ..... because it is a hassle to load 5 kids into the car to drive to a convenient store to unload 5 kids to go in the store for a 25cent paper to load them back in the car to come back home ..... just way to much work ....

oh and if I was to leave them in the car while I run in to get the paper and someone here on pcom sees then it wont take long before I see a thread titled "Women leaves 5 kids in the hot car in the sun to go in to the store for pubby bucks "

Edited by ljtsimons
  • Like 1

to be honest ..... because it is a hassle to load 5 kids into the car to drive to a convenient store to unload 5 kids to go in the store for a 25cent paper to load them back in the car to come back home ..... just way to much work ....

oh and if I was to leave them in the car while I run in to get the paper and someone here on pcom sees then it wont take long before I see a thread titled "Women leaves 5 kids in the hot car in the sun to go in to the store for pubby bucks "

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I laugh, but it is soooooooo true!

Well what you do you load all 5 kids in the car and drive to the store and send all 5 in to get a paper .Then drive away.laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif just kidding now don't get mad.

Well what you do you load all 5 kids in the car and drive to the store and send all 5 in to get a paper .Then drive away.laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif just kidding now don't get mad.

well that would work but .... then the thread would say "Women drops her 5 kids off at local convenient store and then drives off....." I cant win I tell ya

this is not the old folks bingo. You're not sitting in the basement of the church or hall at the American legion sitting around and visiting.

PCOM PUPPY LOVE has a card that plays like bingo but uses words (which is educational for kids) and is done in the comfort of you home, often with your children.

And because it is free to play and has good prizes largely aimed at pet owners (the carpet cleaning) this is far from an old-folks church basement fundraising fuction, thank you.

Oh, and you can download four free playing cards byclicking here and following the instructions.

pubby

no need to get defensive... we were asked why and our opinions... This game does not appeal to me... I was not rude about it and will never be rude about it. I don't think even when I am old I will play bingo.. hahaha

as I said before I wish those that play the best of luck and have fun!!!! I also wish you luck too Pubster :pardon:

But if someone asks someone why or how come just let them speak without saying their wrong cause how can someones opinion(how the feel) be wrong .. :ninja:

BTW my hubby gave pcom a plug at the peachtree road race when some pcommers came by to say hello to him

no need to get defensive... we were asked why and our opinions... This game does not appeal to me... I was not rude about it and will never be rude about it. I don't think even when I am old I will play bingo.. hahaha

as I said before I wish those that play the best of luck and have fun!!!! I also wish you luck too Pubster :pardon:

But if someone asks someone why or how come just let them speak without saying their wrong cause how can someones opinion(how the feel) be wrong .. :ninja:

BTW my hubby gave pcom a plug at the peachtree road race when some pcommers came by to say hello to him

I didn't know I was being defensive. I do need to emphasize that it isn't 'bingo' because, well there are laws about bingo and this is definitely not bingo :)

As far as the pubby bucks, we have some here and will be glad to mail them to anyone who sends us a self-addressed stamped envelope (SASE) - free.

You can send the SASE to: Paulding.com - 39 Courthouse Square - Dallas, GA 30132 ... and we'll include a We call it Puppy Love card to boot!

pubby

:rofl:

I do understand...but you can at least watch the show on Tuesdays and Thursdays, it's for the family and we're giving away some great prizes! There's a pinned topic in the cafe that you can pull up and get your bingo style game cards, you'll actually get 4 that are good for every game

I also think it was a great idea to entice folks an the community to get involved and get people to visit some new stores.

I do not have any tickets, but I give him and the whole team effort an A for all there work. drinks.gif

thank you

You don't have to wonder why about me. I have all 26 of mine and i think it is awesome that Pubby put a lot of time and planning into this for everyone to enjoy. I got all 26 of mine for 25 cents a piece. That is a great deal for what you could win. I also think it is great that when you check your numbers you can find great deals at these places while you are there shopping.Great job Pubby. :good: I also enjoy the Bingo Puppy Love game a lot. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: I hope more people play to make it more challening. Makes it more fun. Thanks Pubby for all yours and Bizness's hard work all on behalf of P.com.. It is well appreciated and noticed here. :good:

thank you!!!!! Was so happy you were a winner!

Because i bought a paper but no Pubby Buck was in it. =(

awww...I am sorry....come by the studio on the square in Dallas and pick one up

BECAUSE THE 8,000 THREADS ABOUT THEM ARE ANNOYING ME and make me want to avoid the game

Can we please merge all the spectacular deals into ONE thread and change the title to *updated mm/dd/yyyy* whenever something new is added?

:clapping: :clapping:

At least identify the threads with something more than 'Look Here' and 'Go In' so folks know they're about the game.

• Like 2

BECAUSE THE 8,000 THREADS ABOUT THEM ARE ANNOYING ME and make me want to avoid the game

Can we please merge all the spectacular deals into ONE thread and change the title to *updated mm/dd/yyyy* whenever something new is added?

I will second that.. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

OK, WHY DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR PUBBY BUCK?

I don't know how the game is played

THE DALLAS NEW ERA IS ONLY 50 CENTS

And that's how I get "Pubby Bucks"?

What's the par value on "Pubby Bucks"?

AND THE PUBBY BUCK IS WORTH HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS

IN DISCOUNTS AND PRIZES

Oh, I guess that answers my previous question! I spend 50 cents

to get a "Pubby Buck" and it's worth hundreds! Cool!

NOT TOO MENTION

THERE IS STILL 1 OUT THERE THAT'S WORTH $100 CASH

I thought that they were each worth "hundreds"?

AND THE PUBBY BUCKS JACKPOT IS BUILDING EACH DAY

What does that mean?

AND THERE'S THE WE CALL IT PUPPY LOVE SHOW WHERE YOU CAN WIN SOME GREAT PRIZES!

I don't understand this, either. The whole thing seems complicated for all but PCOMMERS who are here constantly. Maybe it all was explained in previous threads, but if you weren't here previously, then it's kinda like, "nevermind". So if you're wondering why people aren't participating, maybe they're among the throngs who are in the "nevermind" category. I know that there's a quasi-bingo card out there with a bunch of dog names on it. While it sounds like a bichon good time, it's not clear how "pubby bucks" relate to the game board squares, how you win, what the purpose of the game is, etc. You have to get a Dallas New Era paper for $.50 to get a single game piece, a "pubby puck"? And you need a bunch of these to make a (quasi) bingo, which could possibly win you prizes and/or discounts to places that you may or may not do business with?

For some reason, someone

decided the

should be in

Hard

To Read

Screaming HEADLINES

Rather than something reader friendly.

Vague topic headlines and difficult to read posts, and you're asking why?

For some reason, someone

decided the

should be in

Hard

To Read

Screaming HEADLINES

Rather than something reader friendly.

Vague topic headlines and difficult to read posts, and you're asking why?

:p It gives you something to do....

I'll try to explain for you...

The Dallas New Era has an insert that has the Pubby Buck in it with the 'how to' and so forth on it. On the flip side of the insert is the "We Call It Puppy Love" game card (looks like a bingo card) and the information about that show and how the game works.

The Dallas New Era can be found in most of the convenience stores or gas stations in the area and I believe it's 50 cents.

First part of the promotion: one of the Pubby Bucks out there in the newspapers has the serial number: 34329872 B 3189 and is worth $100 in cash

second, we are posting a serial number daily to win the Pubby Buck Jackpot. Each day $10 is added to the jackpot until we have a winner. The numbers so far are: 43348246 X 5622, 43351412 Z 8788, 34329698 H 3015, 43351173 Y 8549, 43349692 Z 7068. Jackpot is now at $50.00

third, there are businesses all around town, and we are adding new businesses each day, that have posters with 24 winning numbers on them...you go into the business and check your Pubby Buck to see if you are a winner and what you've won

fourth, alot of these same businesses and others, are honoring the Pubby Bucks by offering freebies and discounts...

so as you can see the Pubby Bucks are worth alot

As for the "We Call It Puppy Love" show, it's all about pets, animals, rescue stories, updates on rabies clinics, etc.,grooming tips, vet information and more. During the show we will be playing the "Puppy" card. The card has dog breeds on it and you will play it just like Bingo. We are giving away some great prizes. The show airs every Tuesday and Thursday and during the show we will talk about the participating businesses and the Pubby Buck.

If you haven't gotten a playing card yet, go to this link and you can download your own playing cards. And these are good for each game the entire month: http://paulding.com/forum/index.php?/page/game

Now as for the businesses you may or may not shop in, hopefully you will give some of these a try...

I hope this helps...thank you for asking