Paulding.com

Beverly Cochran post 2 commissioners race

Is she the one that started out at Abney as a teacher, then went to Assistant Principal, and now she is the Principal of Poole? I believe her husband is a teacher as well and she has two boys, one name Aaron?

Is she the one that started out at Abney as a teacher, then went to Assistant Principal, and now she is the Principal of Poole? I believe her husband is a teacher as well and she has two boys, one name Aaron?

No. I believe she was the County Clerk at Paulding County prior to retiring.

Bonnie Cochran is no longer at Poole, she works at the board & her husband no longer teaches.

Bonnie Cochran is no longer at Poole, she works at the board & her husband no longer teaches.

Thank you! That's right her name is Bonnie. Good for her now that she is at the Board. Do you know what she does there? Our favorite Elementary Teacher is at the Board as well.

Thank you! That's right her name is Bonnie. Good for her now that she is at the Board. Do you know what she does there? Our favorite Elementary Teacher is at the Board as well.

No, i don't know what she does at the board. She is a sweet lady.

No, i don't know what she does at the board. She is a sweet lady.

Yes, she always been very nice. I'm shocked that her husband left teaching, I've heard he was a good teacher. We love(d) Mrs. Harris and Mrs. Hays (don't know her married name) and Mrs. Alterman.

Wasn't Beverly Cochran the one who Jerry Shearin gave a check for like $49,995 as a consulting "fee" just under the $50,000 threshold that would require a majority vote from the commissioners? The folks here in Paulding County booted out Jerry. I would think his executive assistant wouldn't stand a chance.

That was Pat Crook, the County Administrator that got the juicy check.

She wore dual hats as the Exec Asst. to the BOC and the County Clerk.

I've known her personally for almost 15 years and as far as I know she never worked as the County Clerk, that's an elected position and this is the first time she has ever run for office since I've known her.

The video is a good introduction to Beverly.

She worked for the County Commission office for many years - with no "power" or decision making influence.

She has heard concerns and fielded calls from citizens over the years and wants to be a voice for the people in the Post 2 district as well as for all of Paulding.

Good luck to any candidate that wants to put their hat in the race. WE all know politics - especially on P'Com - isn't easy.

I've known her personally for almost 15 years and as far as I know she never worked as the County Clerk, that's an elected position and this is the first time she has ever run for office since I've known her.

You are confusing County Clerk and Clerk of Courts. Clerk of Courts is an elected position and part of the judicial system. County Clerk, (which Beverly was in addition to administrative assistant for Jerry Shearin) is a County position. (Might be considered an appointment, but I am not sure).

-PM

A fresh write up about Beverly will be coming within the next 24hrs on my news page. :good:

This is advertising your site on Paulding.com.

Which I am sure is profitable to you and the owners of your site.

We do not allow internet competitors to advertise on our site and to take advantage of the audience here that has been built by many years of hard work, sacrifice and cash investment.

We suggest you build your following and profits in the same manner.

You will need to find another source to build audience for profit, you are not allowed to come on here and take advantage of this one.

Anymore references to your site will be made invisible from now on.

We wish you lots of luck and success in your future endeavors.

This is advertising your site on Paulding.com.

Which I am sure is profitable to you and the owners of your site.

We do not allow internet competitors to advertise on our site and to take advantage of the audience here that has been built by many years of hard work, sacrifice and cash investment.

We suggest you build your following and profits in the same manner.

You will need to find another source to build audience for profit, you are not allowed to come on here and take advantage of this one.

Anymore references to your site will be made invisible from now on.

We wish you lots of luck and success in your future endeavors.

No link was added. <_< But then again, Pubby said I need to make my $10 too. :pardon:

Edited by PraiseThee

No link was added. <_ but then again pubby said i need to make my too. src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:">

We do not want any more references to it posted on this site.

As I said you can build yours the same way G.Patton Hughes did. The hard way :D

As I said you can build yours the same way G.Patton Hughes did. The hard way :D

Actually mine really isn't that hard, so no sweat is needed due to the fact what I do is news topic/issue centered.

But hey, no problem.

As I said you can build yours the same way G.Patton Hughes did. The hard way biggrin.gif

LPPT, thanks to you and Pubby for putting the info out here on all candidates who are running. I would recommend your site to any who wish to let folks know where they stand on the issues. I found out all I needed to know about the candidates in the special election we just had right here on P.com. It would be nice if everyone who can vote would research the candidates and know who they are before they go to the polls. I like the lively political discussions and have found them very informative. I look forward to the Primaries in July and the General in November. I will be right here trying to get the facts and dig out the truth!!

Beverley Cochran was Jerry Shearin's Assistant for most if not all of his 8 years in office.

Having been a protege' to, and mentored by King Jerry for those many years, I would definitely have some difficulties supporting her in this election. :ninja:

Beverley Cochran was Jerry Shearin's Assistant for most if not all of his 8 years in office.

Having been a protege' to, and mentored by King Jerry for those many years, I would definitely have some difficulties supporting her in this election. :ninja:

Got any proof of that? Nope, didn't think so. 8)

Got any proof of that? Nope, didn't think so. 8)

She should not be held guilty by association. She worked for the county.

She is one of the most honorable people I know. She would be great for this job.

However I can understand the assumption that some may have. She is her own person and always

will be. Good Luck Beverly you will be great in this position.

She should not be held guilty by association. She worked for the county.

She is one of the most honorable people I know. She would be great for this job.

However I can understand the assumption that some may have. She is her own person and always

will be. Good Luck Beverly you will be great in this position.

Very true and I have spoken to her recently to send me some info and she has.

Some are just stuck on Jerry and attaches him to everyone :rolleyes:

Edited by PraiseThee

Sounds like she may bring an excellent perspective to the commission. All those years as a citizen and county employee, with all that exposure to the political workings. I'm not sure I buy any 'guilt-by-association' argument though. All these things that the new administration is taking credit for- like the new fire station, library, road projects, park, airport, etc.- were, if I recall correctly, started under King Jerry's watch. Was he perfect? Probably not. Was he terrible? Probably not. Would Cochran have seen a learned a lot in her former position? Probably so. And if I understood her old job correctly, she worked for or with all of the commissioners. Just maybe she would shake up the status quo a bit and shed some light on a few things in the county. Bet she's got a lot saved up :lol:

Sounds like she may bring an excellent perspective to the commission. All those years as a citizen and county employee, with all that exposure to the political workings. I'm not sure I buy any 'guilt-by-association' argument though. All these things that the new administration is taking credit for- like the new fire station, library, road projects, park, airport, etc.- were, if I recall correctly, started under King Jerry's watch. Was he perfect? Probably not. Was he terrible? Probably not. Would Cochran have seen a learned a lot in her former position? Probably so. And if I understood her old job correctly, she worked for or with all of the commissioners. Just maybe she would shake up the status quo a bit and shed some light on a few things in the county. Bet she's got a lot saved up :lol:

Good post.

She didn't work FOR Jerry. She worked FOR the county, and was there BEFORE Jerry. So hopefully the guilty by association won't be a part of this. She took calls from concerned citizens, yet didn't have a vote back then. She understands how the commissioner's work and has inside experience that can be very useful in figuring out how to get things accomplished for the citizens of her district.

Years of experience with the Chamber and with the commissioner's office.

I would like to see all candidates judged on their own merits and qualifications. They should not be judged based upon who they may have worked with or by someone else's work. JMO

You are exactly right.

We have not met all the candidates that are running for post 2 and 4 yet.

I do know of others and I will do my best to interview them so that people can get to know them and not base their decision on others opinions.

It is my job to remain impartial in the coverage of them and I will do my best.

I ask that folks responding to these interviews also be fair and not throw stuff out here simply because it is a message board and they can.

If we plan to vote it is our duty to learn as much as we can about a candidate.

My first and foremost consideration is who will do the best for the majority of my fellow citizens here in the county.

You are going to find it very difficult to find a candidate that did not have some association or dealings with the past administration.

The past administration worked in a booming economy and many decisions were made accordingly.

This administration inherited those decisions good or bad left to deal with them in a recession.

I suggest everyone that will be voting watch the state of the county address to understand were we are today.

If you do not agree with the way county business is being handled today in the present then voting for someone that you feel will make changes for the better will be what you look for.

If you are comfortable with what they are doing and think things are going well, then you want to look for the person that will bring more strength and knowledge to our present administration.

In discussion of the candidates on here I ask that all of you behave as responsible citizens and only bring up facts about them that you have proof of, not rumors and innuendos.

Electing commissioners is very important to us all, their decisions directly effect our lives closest to home and the quality of our lives.

The days of having candidates register and interact with you on the message board are probably over, because of the attacks that are sometimes made for the enjoyment of it.

These irresponsible actions by some have been a terrible loss to those of us here in the county that take voting seriously and would earnestly like to make decisions based on getting to know candidates better.

But if you have questions for them feel free to send them to Pubby and I and we will strive to ask them these questions in interviews over the course of the campaigns.