Paulding.com

Carolina 16 YEAR OLD held incommunicato under Patriot Act

Holy Hell

Do you know how many of us have been fighting against this act only to be painted as "Terrorist Lovers" or told to go live in Iraq or join the Taliban? To be painted as UNPATRIOTIC!!! And now that a Democrat is in the office, you are outraged???

You should have had the balls to be outraged years ago when your guy was in office.

I was outraged then and I still am. I do not change my view based on the letter at the end of President's name, and neither should you.

Under the proper usage of the Patriot Act, these laws can help all Americans. It's when you pervert or misuse the law, as in any case, people will get hurt. I think it is pathetic how the FBI has twisted it this time. If everything we hear is true. To me, it doesn't matter about the D or the R, it is about our civil rights and its violations. Let's see how the D responds to this since it is on his watch.

The trouble with giving them this kind of authority is that sooner or later it will be abused!! I have always thought it fell into the category of "freedom given up for a feeling of security"!! I have never been on board with it! <_<

Under the proper usage of the Patriot Act, these laws can help all Americans. It's when you pervert or misuse the law, as in any case, people will get hurt. I think it is pathetic how the FBI has twisted it this time. If everything we hear is true. To me, it doesn't matter about the D or the R, it is about our civil rights and its violations. Let's see how the D responds to this since it is on his watch.

I am not willing to trust the Government under anyone's watch with that kind of power.

When I see that the US Attorney in Georgia remains the same man appointed by Bush (These kinds of appointees take time) I am pretty doggone certain that there have been no significant personnel changes in the Dept. of Homeland Security or FBI in the just over one month that would be responsible for this.

I.e. the folks doing this were in positions appointed by the previous administration.

As far as the USA Patriot Act ... I've been against it because of its potential for abuse.

A 16 year old citizen of the United states being held without habeus corpus under the terms of the patriot act is absurd.

That said, 'mom' didn't make any sense with the theft of the IP address.

pubby

When I see that the US Attorney in Georgia remains the same man appointed by Bush (These kinds of appointees take time) I am pretty doggone certain that there have been no significant personnel changes in the Dept. of Homeland Security or FBI in the just over one month that would be responsible for this.

I.e. the folks doing this were in positions appointed by the previous administration.

As far as the USA Patriot Act ... I've been against it because of its potential for abuse.

A 16 year old citizen of the United states being held without habeus corpus under the terms of the patriot act is absurd.

pubby

You're right pubby. Pres Obama has many openings where he hasn't appointed someone to fill the position. Sounds like an ego trip to me. But then again, he can still use the "I didn't know anything about it" line or "It wasn't my responsibility" line. Either way, he gets out of being the one the finger should be pointing to.

As far as the IP address, I was wondering the same thing. Don't see how that can happen. Of course, I am not the "geekiest" of people. ;)

If he was using some kind of soft phone like yahoo or skype on his computer it could have been done. "Hijacking an IP" can mean a lot of things to someone without an indept knowledge of how the internet works. Could have also been done if he had a modem connected to the PC. There are programs that will let you us a modem as a phone port.

Everyone wanted the Patriot act, but now everyone is complaining about the abuses related to it.

Everyone wanted 'change' and voted for a Democratic President and now a super majority Democratic Senate and a Democratic Congress, but now everyone is complaining about the abuses related to it.

Anything can be abused. It doesn't mean it was a bad idea.

pubby

Where does "repeal the Patriot Act" appear on y'alls' agenda? Y'all ought to be getting pretty close to it...right? ...I mean being as how y'all're against it and have all the power and everything. Oh wait a minute! Y'all ain't against the Patriot Act. No. Y'all are just against its abuse. I get it now. The right people haven't been put in charge of it yet. I see. :rolleyes:

Everyone wanted the Patriot act, but now everyone is complaining about the abuses related to it.

Everyone wanted 'change' and voted for a Democratic President and now a super majority Democratic Senate and a Democratic Congress, but now everyone is complaining about the abuses related to it.

Not Everyone ... <_<

Where does "repeal the Patriot Act" appear on y'alls' agenda? Y'all ought to be getting pretty close to it...right? ...I mean being as how y'all're against it and have all the power and everything. Oh wait a minute! Y'all ain't against the Patriot Act. No. Y'all are just against its abuse. I get it now. The right people haven't been put in charge of it yet. I see. :rolleyes:

Man those crickets are loud... :lol:

No, "everyone" didn't want the Patriot Act. Some of us have spoken out against it from the very beginning, thank you very much.

Where does "repeal the Patriot Act" appear on y'alls' agenda? Y'all ought to be getting pretty close to it...right? ...I mean being as how y'all're against it and have all the power and everything. Oh wait a minute! Y'all ain't against the Patriot Act. No. Y'all are just against its abuse. I get it now. The right people haven't been put in charge of it yet. I see

Who, exactly, is 'y'all'?

Again, there is a significant portion of the population without competent or effective representation in D.C. because 'our agenda' does not fall within the parameters of either of the parties currently holding our government hostage.

Why bother telling everyone how intelligent and thoughtful you are if you're just going to turn around and make dumb posts like this one here? It doesn't appear 'you see' at all.

We haven't had the 'right people' in charge for a very, very long time.

I hate to be the one to spoil anyone's good rant against the government, but this punk is being held under federal bomb-threat charges... something that's been illegal since the 1930's. He's not being held without charges and he has already been arraigned. The mom is a piece of work. She knew he was using his internet connection to crank call people and that he had set up a "service" to call schools with bomb threats in exchange for payment.

If anything, this yet again shows how our media very willingly publishes claims people make without any investigation whatsoever. This should never have been reported the way it was. It would have taken no effort at all on the part of the "journalist" to find out if charges had been filed against this little twerp.

Just like this stupid claim that we killed 20 civilians in Afghanistan, and for which our ditzy Secretary of State apologized, when in fact the Taliban gathered them up and blew them up to make it look like the work of our soldiers.

I hate to be the one to spoil anyone's good rant against the government, but this punk is being held under federal bomb-threat charges... something that's been illegal since the 1930's. He's not being held without charges and he has already been arraigned. The mom is a piece of work. She knew he was using his internet connection to crank call people and that he had set up a "service" to call schools with bomb threats in exchange for payment.

If anything, this yet again shows how our media very willingly publishes claims people make without any investigation whatsoever. This should never have been reported the way it was. It would have taken no effort at all on the part of the "journalist" to find out if charges had been filed against this little twerp.

Just like this stupid claim that we killed 20 civilians in Afghanistan, and for which our ditzy Secretary of State apologized, when in fact the Taliban gathered them up and blew them up to make it look like the work of our soldiers.

I've been saying that for some time now. He did something stupid, his mom allowed it and now he must answer in court.

I have NO issues with the Patriot Act. But don't worry, BO will be appeasing the left as well as the terrorists and we will get hit again.