Paulding.com

Osama Bin Ladin DEAD - Obama to make that announcement momentarily

The NYTimes reported that Obama will make an announcement momentarily.

CNN is speculating that the topic will be the announcement that Osama Bin Laden is dead and we have have his body.

pubby

The NYTimes reported that Obama will make an announcement momentarily.

CNN is speculating that the topic will be the announcement that Osama Bin Laden is dead and we have have his body.

pubby

Congrats to the CIA/Special Ops and their boss, the Prez!

This is the desired result and I hope that everyone will congratulate the President for his sticking to his predator drone guns.

Because Osama Bin Laden DEAD!!!!! Woot Woot!!!!!

He's gone where the goblins go, below, below, below, yo ho!

He was killed by our military and we have his body here in the US.

THIS COULDN'T HAVE BEEN A BETTER NIGHT. THE B*STA*D IS FINALLY GOING TO H*LL.

The report is that the US has his body, not that his body is IN the US. That's my understanding.

That piece of sh*t killed over 3000 people on 9-11. 3005 days since that attack and we got that sick piece of sh*t. I say, don't bury him, let him rot somewhere. Leave him in a field and let the birds, animals, tear his flesh apart.

That piece of sh*t killed over 3000 people on 9-11. 3005 days since that attack and we got that sick piece of sh*t. I say, don't bury him, let him rot somewhere. Leave him in a field and let the birds, animals, tear his flesh apart.

I say burn his ass

Fox 5 stated that he was buried at sea. In accordance with Islamic practice. Which calls for a speedy burial.

Thats crazy.....we shouldn't have to abide by ANY of their practices when it comes to him. I can't believe they have already disposed of the body.

None of his beliefs should even be considered, because he and his army sure didn't care about the innocent Americans on 9/11.

Thats crazy.....we shouldn't have to abide by ANY of their practices when it comes to him. I can't believe they have already disposed of the body.

None of his beliefs should even be considered, because he and his army sure didn't care about the innocent Americans on 9/11.

Actually, many muslims are pretty upset with him being buried at sea.

Agreed, but I'm already afraid of retaliations because of this. We should be the ones who take the higher ground in this insanity. Remember how you felt when certain folks were celebrating re the twin towers? Anyway, this way cetain people have no "shrine, etc." to turn to - and they can't parade his body in the streets.

I'm willing to bet that we have significant proof that he is the one that was killed. Why else would former President G.W. Bush come out with a statement, or Dick Cheney or Donald Rumsfeld? Were they all also po'd about the results re Celebrity Apprentice? (Does anyone know if Nene and Starr got into a huge fight and who was fired? :p )

Why?

I think so, along with the woman "human shield"..tough guys, no?

This is what I found on wikipedia and I guess I should clarify that so far, from what I read, only radical muslim clerics have spoken out about the burial at sea.

"The sacred texts of Islam prefer burial on land, "so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out". However, if a person dies at sea and it is not possible to bring the body back to land before decay, burial at sea is allowed. A weight is tied to the feet of the body, and the body is lowered into the water. This would preferably occur in an area where the remains are not immediately eaten by scavengers."

This is what I found on wikipedia and I guess I should clarify that so far, from what I read, only radical muslim clerics have spoken out about the burial at sea.

"The sacred texts of Islam prefer burial on land, "so deep that its smell does not come out and the beasts of prey do not dig it out". However, if a person dies at sea and it is not possible to bring the body back to land before decay, burial at sea is allowed. A weight is tied to the feet of the body, and the body is lowered into the water. This would preferably occur in an area where the remains are not immediately eaten by scavengers."

Thanks, it was a serious question on my part and a good answer on yours.

And on a semi-trivial point concerning all of this - and yes, I watched the Royal Wedding, but someone else brought up this point, and the more I think about it..................William & Kate decided to postpone their honeymoon because he wanted to go back to work on Monday. I'm now thinking that the British government was given some kind of inkling that something major was about to happen. Makes sense to me in hindsight.

Thanks, it was a serious question on my part and a good answer on yours.

And on a semi-trivial point concerning all of this - and yes, I watched the Royal Wedding, but someone else brought up this point, and the more I think about it..................William & Kate decided to postpone their honeymoon because he wanted to go back to work on Monday. I'm now thinking that the British government was given some kind of inkling that something major was about to happen. Makes sense to me in hindsight.

interesting..

I heard on the news it was done quickly because no country would or "could" accept the body, and muslim law calls for burial within 24 hours, so he was buried at sea, rather than to lay his body outstretched for photographers, etc. etc.

And certainly not give the body back so that he could be myrted and enshrined.

I think what was done was respectful. It's more than what they have done to our people. And I really don't think we need to do anything to stir the pot anymore. At lease we had special forces go in and kill him, two shots to the left side of his face.

A white shroud was laid on the body and arabic prayers given, according to the news.

This team was years in the making:

The secret team that killed bin Laden

From Ghazi Air Base in Pakistan, the modified MH-60 helicopters made their way to the garrison suburb of Abbottabad, about 30 miles from the center of Islamabad. Aboard were Navy SEALs, flown across the border from Afghanistan, along with tactical signals, intelligence collectors, and navigators using highly classified hyperspectral imagers.

After bursts of fire over 40 minutes, 22 people were killed or captured. One of the dead was Osama bin Laden, done in by a double tap -- boom, boom -- to the left side of his face. His body was aboard the choppers that made the trip back. One had experienced mechanical failure and was destroyed by U.S. forces, military and White House officials tell National Journal.

Were it not for this high-value target, it might have been a routine mission for the specially trained and highly mythologized SEAL Team Six, officially called the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but known even to the locals at their home base Dam Neck in Virginia as just DevGru.

This HVT was special, and the raids required practice, so they replicated the one-acre compound at Camp Alpha, a segregated section of Bagram Air Base. Trial runs were held in early April.

source

I heard on the news it was done quickly because no country would or "could" accept the body, and muslim law calls for burial within 24 hours, so he was buried at sea, rather than to lay his body outstretched for photographers, etc. etc.

And certainly not give the body back so that he could be myrted and enshrined.

I think what was done was respectful. It's more than what they have done to our people. And I really don't think we need to do anything to stir the pot anymore. At lease we had special forces go in and kill him, two shots to the left side of his face.

A white shroud was laid on the body and arabic prayers given, according to the news.

I agree. It was important to head off any attempts at a "shrine" to increase the view of him as martyr, but beyond that I do believe simple and tasteful treatment was called for. Of course I realize it's far more than he has or further, would have done, or any of us or ours. So why should we? Because we're better than that.

I think it coincidence that the Chicago-style burial depicted here is consistent with Muslim rules.

CHICAGOJUSTICE2.jpg