Paulding.com

Let's make a deal

Madea, News Junky and ESPECIALLY Nature Girl, Foxwad. Make me a deal that after Roy Barnes and Will Avery win that you will all stick around so we can gloat at your expense for a couple of weeks. :rofl:

Ha Ha Ha Hoo Hoo Hoo Hee Hee Hee :pardon:

Waiting for your gloating

Edited by dapandlap
  • Like 1
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like you vote for the person who has the D beside their name?

The next election they will continue to vote for the person with a R beside their name and claim that they dont like it but its the lesser of two evils....

Hey Girl, I shared one tonight. And, if I do say so myself, my briskett was "to kill for". At $0.99 a pound, such a deal!!!   Probably about $0.75 a serving for spinach and garden salad, briskett, a

Posted Images

Looks like the village has elected their idiot.

Don't worry, I am not going to gloat. I think Will and his supporters ran a heck of a good race. If he is truly a conservative I expect to see him run for office again and not as a Democrat. They are not conservatives.JMO

Don't worry, I am not going to gloat. I think Will and his supporters ran a heck of a good race. If he is truly a conservative I expect to see him run for office again and not as a Democrat. They are not conservatives.JMO

She is yours. Be proud. 8)

Couldn't stand the smell.

I feel better losing with a winner than winning with a loser. ;)

Nice life to ya.

Feelip:

Henry Mencken once said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." I think you simply over-estimated the voters in the 19th in making yoru prediction. I think I did.

pubby

Not living in the 19th, could someone tell me if there was a mailer sent out with her beautiful mugshots plastered all over the front? If not, why not? While I've never believed that this county is full of the most reasonable voters in the nation, I fully believe that 2 separate mugshots of a candidate has a way of swaying all but the voters who are partisans to a fault. The voters of the 19th should absolutely be embarrassed and, unfortunately, I'm sure many of them would be embarrassed if they actually knew who they just elected.

mrnn

• Like 1

Not living in the 19th, could someone tell me if there was a mailer sent out with her beautiful mugshots plastered all over the front? If not, why not? While I've never believed that this county is full of the most reasonable voters in the nation, I fully believe that 2 separate mugshots of a candidate has a way of swaying all but the voters who are partisans to a fault. The voters of the 19th should absolutely be embarrassed and, unfortunately, I'm sure many of them would be embarrassed if they actually knew who they just elected.

mrnn

From what I understand, yes there was a mailer with her mug shots on it sent to the people of District 19. :unsure:

I have been wrong twice, but never about an election. 8)

Oops you spoke too soon.

Nah. I'll just sit back and read the rest of you post about how intelligent I am. :rofl:

Um, sure?

Just kidding, but I do hope you support Ms. Braddock now as our representative.

mrnn

Yes there was a mailer, but I know from all I have spoke with most was put into perspective. She has won so I am not going back to reiterate all of it. I know many that also voted for a D so it wasn't partisan to a fault, it was who they believed would be the better candidate out of the two.

Guest Hi~ho Silver

Such sour grapes! Exactly the reaction I expected out of Feelip.

Yep. I suppose the moral to the story is, if you want to get elected, don't waste your time on p.com. You can't say, vote for this guy, then when people have questions or concerns they get insulted. Typical.

Feelip:

Henry Mencken once said, "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." I think you simply over-estimated the voters in the 19th in making yoru prediction. I think I did.

pubby

^^^ Sore loser insults his entire customer base... smart move.

I caught that, too. I was just going to let it slide. I wonder what the response would have been if the other side won?? Would the people of Paulding County suddenly become smart??

I think we have some great and very intelligent people that live in Paulding County, they are some of the best and brightest people I have ever known.

It includes many, many of them that post on this site. :wub:

I caught that, too. I was just going to let it slide. I wonder what the response would have been if the other side won?? Would the people of Paulding County suddenly become smart??

I think we have some great and very intelligent people that live in Paulding County, they are some of the best and brightest people I have ever known.

I was very bothered by that this morning. Not that it was his opinion, we all have those and we all do not agree or have to agree on issues/parties/politicians, but to insult all of District 19 because his candidate did not win is ridiculous. It is insulting to those that made an informed choice and really for all of us that come to p.com. I know that these elections bring out the worst in people, but I truly think that this has stepped over the line as a businessmen. JMHO

I agree, they did run a hard race. :good:

I was very bothered by that this morning. Not that it was his opinion, we all have those and we all do not agree or have to agree on issues/parties/politicians, but to insult all of District 19 because his candidate did not win is ridiculous. It is insulting to those that made an informed choice and really for all of us that come to p.com. I know that these elections bring out the worst in people, but I truly think that this has stepped over the line as a businessmen. JMHO

It is just what I expected...he does this a lot.

Yep. I suppose the moral to the story is, if you want to get elected, don't waste your time on p.com. You can't say, vote for this guy, then when people have questions or concerns they get insulted. Typical.

Will is a nice guy. It is a shame that some who supported him right here on this site helped sealed his fate. Next time he runs for office ( I hope he does) he needs to be VERY careful about his followers and what they do and say. He sadly was tarred with the same brush as them......NUTS, scary and no way did people want to support someone that was backed by such ugly, out of control people.

So Good Job I always said I wondered which side some of Will supporters really were on.

Will next time learn who really has your back.

• Like 1

Solo - my thoughts exactly. I was thinking all night how I could say this without being rude and going down to the level that they did. I totally agree that I would not vote for someone who had such hateful, immature, nasty followers as Mr. Avery did. I am sure he is a nice man. But he really should take a good look at his "supporters" next time.

Conrats to Paulette.

Will is a nice guy. It is a shame that some who supported him right here on this site helped sealed his fate. Next time he runs for office ( I hope he does) he needs to be VERY careful about his followers and what they do and say. He sadly was tarred with the same brush as them......NUTS, scary and no way did people want to support someone that was backed by such ugly, out of control people.

So Good Job I always said I wondered which side some of Will supporters really were on.

Had Will run as a Republican, he would have kicked butt. That is a real shame. But congrats to Paulette, and I hope she knows that many of us here in Paulding have been conditioned by her predecessors to follow the money and watch for "transgressions" in her office. Here's hoping she will be better than them.

Are you really surprised by his reaction to Avery losing? I'm not at surprised by it. Remember why he started this thread? He told us he wanted us around so he could gloat if Avery and Barnes won. Also look at his response about being overconfident when someone said Braddock and Deal would win. It appears to me, feelip was way overconfient. I actually find this very funny.

I had every intent of voting a write-in for the District 19 race. If anyone recalls, I said neither Avery or Braddock would get my vote. While I stood in line to vote, I had a lot of time to think. What kept coming to my mind was some of the off the wall remarks some Avery supporters were saying in this forum and how cocky and sure Avery was going to win. These Avery supporters were very insultive to others with opposing view points on this forum. They thought for sure Avery would win. One even made the remark you have to do whatever it takes to ensure the other candidate loses. I thought about those remarks by those people for the two hours I had to stand in line. The more I thought about it, the more those people ticked me off. Instead of doing what I had originally planned, I instead voted for Braddock. Thanks guys for making me change my mind because I take great joy now knowing you have got to be embarrassed.

Looks like the village has elected their idiot.

If you are refering to the election of the Republican in district 19 as idiot being elected by the village, I would say to you like 0bama said to McCain "you lost we won".

I will also add that you asked for this when you asked people to stick around so that you can gloat. Now that you cannot gloat you are acting like a childish sore-loser.

Finally, BTW I do not live in district 19, therefore had no pony in that race, and that the laughter in my previous post was directed squarely at you.

Grow up, get over it, come back in 2 years and try again.

:pardon:

If you are refering to the election of the Republican in district 19 as idiot being elected by the village, I would say to you like 0bama said to McCain "you lost we won".

I will also add that you asked for this when you asked people to stick around so that you can gloat. Now that you cannot gloat you are acting like a childish sore-loser.

Finally, BTW I do not live in district 19, therefore had no pony in that race, and that the laughter in my previous post was directed squarely at you.

Grow up, get over it, come back in 2 years and try again.

:pardon:

:good: :good: :good:

Feelip:

pubby

How was this an insult? I did think it would be a closer race than it was. Hence I over estimated how those on the GOP side would react to a candidate that basically hid during the campaign; had questionable behavior that was documented by court documents, etc. Meaning what? That I over estimated the impact that such a record would have on the voting behavior of those in the GOP; that they wouldn't knowingly cast a vote for someone who is alleged to have asked a classmate to pose in the nude with a guitar; had been indicted for insurance fraud; that had committed a simple assault on her former spouse; that had her petition for bankruptcy rejected and is facing a $800,000 suit by a major corporation for breach of contract; that is on her face so inarticulate and misinformed that she thinks government workers outnumber private sector workers when the fact is, nationwide, private workers outnumber government workers by a factor of 5:1; that voted for eight tax increases while on the school board; and who has had ethics complaints alleged for mis-reporting of campaign expenditures.

Those factors obviously did impact many voters as Avery out-polled every other Democrat on the ballot in Paulding by thousands of votes (extrapolated to the entire county, Avery's vote 'county wide' would have exceeded Roy Barns by 2500 votes).

So yes, I over-estimated the impact of those factors on the voters of the county and underestimated the loyalty that Republican voters show for their candidates. That I corrected feelip on his characterization of those voters as idiots was the intent of my comment.

As far as the HL Mencken quote, I'll simply recall a call-in to the Clark Howard show on WSB I caught yesterday. An older man called asking about a dual-platinum fuel induction system he was considering purchasing because the maker asserts that it will increase the fuel economy of his car by 40 percent. Howard simply referenced a Consumer Reports study of that item and a half-dozen others that they proved in testing were totally ineffective in increasing the economy of a car ... yet they are being sold and marketed as we speak. I.e. Mencken's statement that no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public stands on its own. In fact I'm sure that this well known quote was used extensively by those in the GOP following the 2008 elections. It remains as true now as then.

Bottom line, I'm a target. There are some whom would complain if I said the sun was shining and it is a beautiful day, or conversely ... today is the day after election day and the sky is overcast and a cold drizzle dampens the streets as we all contemplate the impact of the new non-compete agreements that will no doubt be laid on the desks of many citizens in the coming months. Oh joy!

pubby

All I'm going to say is never, ever try to underestimate the will of the people. There was so much negativity and mud slinging in this election, I hope we never have to endure this again. It was not just here or in the Braddock vs Avery race............it was statewide, heck it was nationwide!!

I still believe Will lost because he had a D after his name. ;)

How was this an insult? I did think it would be a closer race than it was. Hence I over estimated how those on the GOP side would react to a candidate that basically hid during the campaign; had questionable behavior that was documented by court documents, etc. Meaning what? That I over estimated the impact that such a record would have on the voting behavior of those in the GOP; that they wouldn't knowingly cast a vote for someone who is alleged to have asked a classmate to pose in the nude with a guitar; had been indicted for insurance fraud; that had committed a simple assault on her former spouse; that had her petition for bankruptcy rejected and is facing a $800,000 suit by a major corporation for breach of contract; that is on her face so inarticulate and misinformed that she thinks government workers outnumber private sector workers when the fact is, nationwide, private workers outnumber government workers by a factor of 5:1; that voted for eight tax increases while on the school board; and who has had ethics complaints alleged for mis-reporting of campaign expenditures.

Those factors obviously did impact many voters as Avery out-polled every other Democrat on the ballot in Paulding by thousands of votes (extrapolated to the entire county, Avery's vote 'county wide' would have exceeded Roy Barns by 2500 votes).

So yes, I over-estimated the impact of those factors on the voters of the county and underestimated the loyalty that Republican voters show for their candidates. That I corrected feelip on his characterization of those voters as idiots was the intent of my comment.

As far as the HL Mencken quote, I'll simply recall a call-in to the Clark Howard show on WSB I caught yesterday. An older man called asking about a dual-platinum fuel induction system he was considering purchasing because the maker asserts that it will increase the fuel economy of his car by 40 percent. Howard simply referenced a Consumer Reports study of that item and a half-dozen others that they proved in testing were totally ineffective in increasing the economy of a car ... yet they are being sold and marketed as we speak. I.e. Mencken's statement that no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public stands on its own. In fact I'm sure that this well known quote was used extensively by those in the GOP following the 2008 elections. It remains as true now as then.

Bottom line, I'm a target. There are some whom would complain if I said the sun was shining and it is a beautiful day, or conversely ... today is the day after election day and the sky is overcast and a cold drizzle dampens the streets as we all contemplate the impact of the new non-compete agreements that will no doubt be laid on the desks of many citizens in the coming months. Oh joy!

pubby

Good Lord Pubby, are you so accustomed to the smell that you honestly don't believe it stinks any more?

Good Lord Pubby, are you so accustomed to the smell that you honestly don't believe it stinks any more?

LTD:

I do think you may be on to something. Maybe it is that DRD4 Gene has something to do with the olfactory system of the body ... you know the liberal gene (DRD4 a7 with 19.5% incidence) and the majority gene (DRD4 a4 with a 65% incidence).

The theory is that those with the DRD4 a4 gene, when confronted with the character "D" instantly smells dung and when seeing the character "R" instantly smells Roses. This is of course a subliminal autonomic reaction that completely blocks reality making those with the DRD4 r4 or majority gene incapable of discerning any other odor other than the smell imprinted in the brain.

We can try that experiment here:

EXHIBIT A:

roses.jpg D

EXHIBIT B:

turs.jpg R

Of course this experiment does nothing for me as I'm pretty sure I'm a DRD4 r7 carrier. But if you are in the majority I would ask if you experience any olfactory sensations when viewing either image.

If the theory inspired by LTD is correct, your first reaction viewin the rose is unpleasant because of the presence of the D after the image while, when viewing the second image, that sensation becomes truly pleasant.

pubby