Paulding.com

Election 2010 - The local story

vote2010f.gif

Only Scoggins and Austin Middle School precincts have yet to report.

It appears that Paulette Braddock will survive to challenge incumbent Daniel Stout in the runoff.

It looks like the SPLOST has passed.

Tommie Graham, it appears is going to return to the commission.

It looks like Donovan and Lane are in a runoff.

It looks like Beverly Cochran and Todd Pownall are in a runoff.

It looks like Barnett and Crowe are going to be in a runoff.

Click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS click for RECENT TOPICS

In an effort to get the vote totals together as quickly as possible, we are seeking individuals to go to several of the 14 precincts and call in the vote totals to 770-505-8544 beginning in about a half-hour.

Right now we've got personnel at Scoggins, Hiram High, Austin Middle School, Nebo Elementary, Paulding County High and the courthouse. We need folks to cover McClure, Northside elementary, Moses Middle school, Russom Elementary, Mt. Tabor Park, Ragsdale Elementary and Taylor Farm Park.

Those participating will get a free annual personal membership for their participation.

Call 770-505-8544 to participate.

pubby

FYI: Vote totals should begin being posted at the various polling places sometime around 8 p.m.

We are interested only in the DA race, the 19th District House Race, The SPLOST, and the three commission races.

Today on the Republican ticket, Cathy Cox was on the Paulding ballot for State School Superintendent. Why? I thought she stepped down.

On the Georgia Election results site (someone posted above), they don't have her as a Republican choice. Won't that mess up the election?

We've got some data.

You all are encouraged to post state wide totals in this topic.

And if any of you want to go to your 'precinct' and collect the totals for the local races above, I'd be ... and everyone else would be ... mighty grateful

pubby

Today on the Republican ticket, Cathy Cox was on the Paulding ballot for State School Superintendent. Why? I thought she stepped down.

On the Georgia Election results site (someone posted above), they don't have her as a Republican choice. Won't that mess up the election?

It will for the people who are so ill informed that they voted for her. The elections folks were supposed to post a notice of her withdrawal at the entrance to the polls. My Hubby thinks she will get a lot of votes.unsure.gif

It will for the people who are so ill informed that they voted for her. The elections folks were supposed to post a notice of her withdrawal at the entrance to the polls. My Hubby thinks she will get a lot of votes.unsure.gif

You know what, I was going to ask you about that. I couldn't figure out why she was on there. I didn't vote for her obviously, but I didn't notice anything posted at my polling place either. I voted at Hope Church on 120.

You know what, I was going to ask you about that. I couldn't figure out why she was on there. I didn't vote for her obviously, but I didn't notice anything posted at my polling place either. I voted at Hope Church on 120.

She is on it because she wanted to be (in my opinion). She did not drop out until a few days after qualifying.

Seems like if I were one of the others on the ballot, Barge or Woods, I'd want a redo of the election. I'm sure there are many who didn't know she shouldn't have been there. Very interesting. Would the mess up cause a "redo"? What a way to waste taxpayers' money if it does come down to doing it all again!

Seems like if I were one of the others on the ballot, Barge or Woods, I'd want a redo of the election. I'm sure there are many who didn't know she shouldn't have been there. Very interesting. Would the mess up cause a "redo"? What a way to waste taxpayers' money if it does come down to doing it all again!

It might come down to how close the race is....if it's close enough that those votes will make a difference, then they might just start hollarin'.

No. The elections folks were supposed to post that withdrawal at the polls.

It might come down to how close the race is....if it's close enough that those votes will make a difference, then they might just start hollarin'.

I think there could be a case for that if the poll workers failed to post the notice of her withdrawal.

Don't know if you already have these but For McClure I numbers I got:

Jason - 260

Barnett - 444

Cosgrove - 72

Crowe - 225

Donovan - 501

Lane - 300

Plumby - 197

SPLOST

Yes - 657

No - 540

They had one machine up there twice, I skipped it, but wonder how they had two tapes from the same machine without double counting it. Anyone been a poll worker before and know how that works?

No. The elections folks were supposed to post that withdrawal at the polls.

I think there could be a case for that if the poll workers failed to post the notice of her withdrawal.

I asked my wife and son, and none of us saw any notice at McClure that she had withdrawn.

I never looked at the race closely before the election since once I saw her on the ballot, I planned to vote for her. There were plenty of other races for me to spend my time on.

I asked my wife and son, and none of us saw any notice at McClure that she had withdrawn.

I never looked at the race closely before the election since once I saw her on the ballot, I planned to vote for her. There were plenty of other races for me to spend my time on.

I didn't see it at Ragsdale either. :unsure:

Sec. of State shows all Precincts reporting for District 19 and these are the results:

Daniel Stout 71 45.5% Steve R. Golden 52 33.3% Paulette Rakestraw Braddock 33 21.2% Totals156

If 100% are reporting and only 156 people voted it is shameful.

This can't be right?????

Sec. of State shows all Precincts reporting for District 19 and these are the results:

Daniel Stout 71 45.5% Steve R. Golden 52 33.3% Paulette Rakestraw Braddock 33 21.2% Totals156

Something bad wrong with those numbers, as it is far, far, too few votes.