Paulding.com

Cole Lake Road Blocked

Cole lake is blocked with emergency vehicles. There is a wreck on Cole Lake Road. Close to the top of the hill coming from Buchanan Hwy. Multiple ambulances, firetruck, and Sheriff's car.

My wife had to turn around and come up Hwy 61. I do not know any more details.

Cole lake is blocked with emergency vehicles. There is a wreck on Cole Lake Road. Close to the top of the hill coming from Buchanan Hwy. Multiple ambulances, firetruck, and Sheriff's car.

My wife had to turn around and come up Hwy 61. I do not know any more details.

One person did not make it. Sounded like a one car wreck. One was person was taken to the hospital. There is already another thread about this

I can't find the other thread about this.

I live in a subdivision off of Cole Lake.

Does anybody know what kind of vehicle?

My kids and their friends travel this road all the time

and now I am concerned.

I heard all the sirens.

The other thread said a small black car. And further down in the thread they said "they" were okay, so don't know if there was a death or not.

So scary. I just called my son since he had told me he was going somewhere with a friend.

The other thread said a small black car. And further down in the thread they said "they" were okay, so don't know if there was a death or not.

So scary. I just called my son since he had told me he was going somewhere with a friend.

yeah the ones that are ok are my friends boys. They live on that road so I called him to make sure his boys were ok. As for the ones driving the car, I think Solo posted one was a signal 48 and the other was hurt

It was called in as a small back car. One person did not make it and one went to the hospital

I can't find the other thread about this.

I live in a subdivision off of Cole Lake.

Does anybody know what kind of vehicle?

My kids and their friends travel this road all the time

and now I am concerned.

I heard all the sirens.

My wife had a vague description so since she is not 100% sure I chose not to post it.

• Like 1

I just heard from my neighbor that the young man that passed away was his wrestling partner at HHS. However, my neighbor said that this particular accident happened on Garmon Road, so were there two separate accidents?

I just heard from my neighbor that the young man that passed away was his wrestling partner at HHS. However, my neighbor said that this particular accident happened on Garmon Road, so were there two separate accidents?

I only got the Nixle notification for Cole Lake road. There have been times though that I didn't get a notification.

Goodness, I hope it isn't two separate ones!!

My daughter knew the young man involved in the one on Cole Lake. So sad.

Prayers for his family.

Does anyone know the arrangments for Blake?

According to his sister on FB last night:

Our family just went to see blake, he looked very peaceful and absolutely perfect. We dont know anything about the funeral and there isnt going to be a viewing, just a memorial. Ill keep everyone updated. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers.

Continued prayers for Blake's family and friends.

According to his sister on FB last night:

Our family just went to see blake, he looked very peaceful and absolutely perfect. We dont know anything about the funeral and there isnt going to be a viewing, just a memorial. Ill keep everyone updated. Thank you so much for the thoughts and prayers.

Continued prayers for Blake's family and friends.

This just absolutely breaks my heart and I did not know Blake. My neighbor, he's 17, knew him and I think my own son knew him, but not real well. They had played basketball with him not too long ago. I guess it's partly because he was so young, had just graduated, about to start life as an adult and the fact that I have a son who is 19 and so close in age. I felt like this a while back when another young man passed, Nick Frank, he also went to HHS. My thoughts and prayers are going to Blake's friends and family. I pray that God will give them the strength to pull through and carry on.

This just absolutely breaks my heart and I did not know Blake. My neighbor, he's 17, knew him and I think my own son knew him, but not real well. They had played basketball with him not too long ago. I guess it's partly because he was so young, had just graduated, about to start life as an adult and the fact that I have a son who is 19 and so close in age. I felt like this a while back when another young man passed, Nick Frank, he also went to HHS. My thoughts and prayers are going to Blake's friends and family. I pray that God will give them the strength to pull through and carry on.

It's heartbreaking, as a teacher, to see the names of former students on here (or elsewhere) that have died in accidents. My oldest group of former students are 19ish.

I haven't heard of any others. The boy driving the car of the fatality (CBW) is fine.

that's where I got my wires crossed. I thought Cole Lake Rd AND Garmon Rd both had fatal accidents.

I thought the one that was killed was the driver. Was I wrong?

That is correct. The driver was the fatality and it was on Cole Lake Rd. His bestfriend was with him in the car and he was taken to the hospital and checked out and released. I did see him lastnight and spoke with him and he is doing remarkably well, a few cuts that are minor but he has so many friends around him and supporting him. I will say that they weren't doing anything wrong, it was just a freak accident and nothing more. Blake passed away in the arms of his bestfriend but I am thankful that his friend is still here with us to share the memories and good times that so many had with Blake during his short time here with us. They are both loved by so many and Blake will be greatly missed. Continued prayers for both families of these boys as well as the many, many friends that are going through such a hard time of losing a great friend.

That is correct. The driver was the fatality and it was on Cole Lake Rd. His bestfriend was with him in the car and he was taken to the hospital and checked out and released. I did see him lastnight and spoke with him and he is doing remarkably well, a few cuts that are minor but he has so many friends around him and supporting him. I will say that they weren't doing anything wrong, it was just a freak accident and nothing more. Blake passed away in the arms of his bestfriend but I am thankful that his friend is still here with us to share the memories and good times that so many had with Blake during his short time here with us. They are both loved by so many and Blake will be greatly missed. Continued prayers for both families of these boys as well as the many, many friends that are going through such a hard time of losing a great friend.

Sorry. I thought the boy that was okay said he was driving. (It was a bit chaotic when I heard)

Sorry about the confusion as to whether or not there were two accidents, that was my fault. I was just asking because I was told the accident happened on Garmon Rd, but it did not. So there was only one accident and one fatality. Sorry if I caused any confusion, I was a bit confused myself and that's why I asked.

If there is anything the families are going to need please let us know, and I mean both families, Blake's and the other person who is okay physically. Do they need any food ie: meals prepared or anything like that?

My daughter knew him. Prayers sent to the families. Such a sad thing to even imagine. :(

I knew Blake from riding the bus with him. He was a great kid. We didn't talk ALL the time,but it still seems like it was just yesterday when all of us would sit in the back of the bus and joke around,and he was grossing us out with his spit. Hahah. I so wish that he didn't have to go like this,and it breaks my heart to know that he really is gone and none of us will ever see him again. We all wish that he was still here to joke around with us and be the lively,happy young teen that we all knew him to be. But as long as we keep his memory alive,he will always be with us. Everyone please continue to pray for his family and all of his friends,especially Cody who was in the car with him. And they are having a candlelight service for him at Hiram High School on the football field at 8:30 p.m. tomorrow,and the funeral is Tuesday at 7 at Clark Funeral Home.

Rest In Peace Christopher Blake Waters. 7/15/92 - 7/2/10♥

Edited by Lauren P

Sorry about the confusion as to whether or not there were two accidents, that was my fault. I was just asking because I was told the accident happened on Garmon Rd, but it did not. So there was only one accident and one fatality. Sorry if I caused any confusion, I was a bit confused myself and that's why I asked.

If there is anything the families are going to need please let us know, and I mean both families, Blake's and the other person who is okay physically. Do they need any food ie: meals prepared or anything like that?

No need to apologize. It's happened to the best of us :good: