Paulding.com

Your topic headers are a bit over the top, don't you think?

I am not unloading on the person who made this comment to me about several of my recent posts but I would like to respond directly.

First of all I am trying to save my business. Times are tough for you and for me. In the last 7 years everyone now has a camera----they may talk on it most of the time but they have a camera---and they use it.

As for the topics The “big bad weapons” topic garnered 204 opens and 5 comments.

Before that I had “Senior photos not done the way you wanted," and that title had 39 opens and no comments.

For the “baby who lost it's hand”, I had 287 reads and 7 comments.

Before that I had “Old photos restored here.” I got 69 opens and 5 comments.

I think you see that a calmer title as I have been writing for the last years have been greeted with blind eyes.

No false information was presented and yes I tried to get more folks to read the subject.

Over the last 6 month I have offered numerous “give away” including free portraits and sessions.

Free session and free pictures for active military-------No phone Call

Free birthday club with free prints---------No phone Calls.

Big discounts on portraits and copy and restoration----1 maybe 2 calls.

Over the last few years I have provided FREE PHOTOS at Halloween and Santa time

So yes I am trying to get people to open for even a short time to read my message. I have some skills that few have and want to share that with others. To that end, I will not post a title which has nothing directly with the service I am offering.

Have a great weekend, Nicholas

I personally like titles that get your attention and from a business stand point they are clever. I looked at the persons previous posts that made that comment about your topic title and their posts before that were negative, I think they must have been having a bad day, I wouldnt take it personally. I think you do great work from what Ive seen here and wish your business much success! Keep on with the "Over the top" titles and draw in more views! :D

Don't worry about it Nick.

You do great work and I'm constantly amazed at your ability to restore old photos. I'm sure in that area, you probably rank high in the top 100 photo restorers in the nation.

I've missed the topic about the hand but I did get a kick out of the one about guns and school - the senior pictures with rifles and shotguns. Good stuff!

pubby

PS: You do know that if the criticism was in one of the posts you started, you are protected by our commerce member rules. That means simply report the post that rains on your parade and we'll nix it and may bullet the offender with our double-barreled gun. (Yep, on such occasions I give Barney two bullets.)

I should add, though, if a poster feels so strongly about such a title that they feel compelled to start a new topic - their own topic - on your titles they will avoid bullets. It is not censorship on our part - it is survival :) - if every yoyo can come on an say any CM is a dope in the CM's topic - well folks won't pay for that privilege - period. Even public 'criticism' in a selling topic started by a CM is unwise. If you really want a CM to know they've maybe crossed the line, PM them.

PPS: Thanks for creating this teaching moment Nick. ... and don't back off your entertaining titles :)

pubby

Just hang tough, Nick.....this happens ALL THE TIME with me. I used to be able to "predict" when a good time to be to post to garner as much att'n as I could get.

Alas, it's a crap-shoot!! ;) All you can do, is all you can do. Times are tough and I'm even having to let some customers pay me half one week and the other half the next week....with me still knocking a bunch of labor money off.

Just hang in there, buddy. It'll come around......and if it don't...well, I did go from Engineer to Mechanic pretty darn quick. There aint too many niches left out there. I do know one thing.....gas engines DO break down!!! :lol:

The friends I know who are doing the best right now are mostly plumbers........good choice, but my stomach can't handle some of the work. Grease and gas are fine, but a "grease trap"??? Naw sir.....I could provide the same volume in puke that the trap held to begin with!! :p :lol:

I can say first hand on the great work you do on restoring old pictures. I had an old poloraid picture of my Dad, that was really faded and scratched up, but it was a great picture of him. After my dad passed away , I took it to Nicholas and he made me several 8x10's from it ,fixed all the scratches and the color down to the tip of a red ink pen he had in his pocket and they looked like we took the picture the same day.

Nichalos you do awesome work and I hope your business booms. Anytime you need a referral tell them to call me.

I wish my brain would come up with more creative headers to get more to check out my samples that I post.

Keep up the headers and the good work.

HUGS

Tona

I love your work Nicholas and plan on scheduling an appointment with you soon for family photos. I always enjoy your threads and viewing your photos - you are very creative and very talented!

I also very much appreciate your involvement in the community, especially the time and energy you put into taking photos of our Christmas parade.

Keep up the good work Nicholas - we do appreciate you!

Keep up the great work, Nicholas!

I think it is great that you get creative with your topic headers! These are hard times for people and you must do what it takes to keep your business going. Your topic headers definitely pertain to what services you offer so it's no big deal. We all know that some folks need to whine about something daily or else :lol:

I need some updated pictures of my little ones so I'll be by soon. The baby is 3 weeks old already, he needs some photos taken!

I actually liked the photos I showed them to my seniors and she wants me to call and make an appointment which we will be doing. I felt that we didn't get the time we paid for or deserved at the other company that does all the senior photos and I have gotten several good recommendation about your work. Don't worry about what someone who is having a bad day thinks.

As a small business owner myself, let me encourage others to keep fighting to keep your business alive. It is difficult times right now, and I don't think we've yet seen the worst of it in some areas. But small business is part of the American dream and we're also the ones who have to create the jobs that will be needed for a real recovery.

I'll resist the urge to get political here, I'll just say that the economy will eventually recover on it's own; regardless of or even in spite of what the government does. And when the economy does come back, those of us who were strong enough to survive will prosper again.

(Guard dad cuing up "God Bless the USA")

As a small business owner myself, let me encourage others to keep fighting to keep your business alive. It is difficult times right now, and I don't think we've yet seen the worst of it in some areas. But small business is part of the American dream and we're also the ones who have to create the jobs that will be needed for a real recovery.

I'll resist the urge to get political here, I'll just say that the economy will eventually recover on it's own; regardless of or even in spite of what the government does. And when the economy does come back, those of us who were strong enough to survive will prosper again.

(Guard dad cuing up "God Bless the USA")

:clapping:

I saw the post, but ignored it - knowing it was not worthy of a second thought.

You are an amazing intellectual and great person - Dallas and Paulding County are fortunate to have you in our Community. I, for one, always enjoy your "out of the box" topic titles and am always interested to see what the thread holds inside. I know it will all come together and make complete sense when I see the photo attached. Sorta like a game of hide and seek. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

I enjoy your posts and your work. I personally can not afford to get professional portraits taken, but I do enjoy viewing them. I also enjoy your topic headers. I know I am not bringing in business for you, but I do give you a mention whenever I hear people asking about getting pictures done. I applaud you for continuing to do what you love to do!

I would have a few choice words to you to say to whomever made you make this post, but Pubby frowns on certain words being typed on this board :o :lol:

Keep doing what you are doing and keep movin' on. I know a few people I've sent your way and they have been extremely pleased with your work and ethics. You're an asset to the communitee in so many ways. Keep your chin up and keep posting!

Best wishes!

Nicholas... I've yet to understand why some folks feel the need to be ugly. I didn't see the post... don't want to see the post, and don't understand why some people take pleasure in degrading others.... It's a shame that some people are so miserable within themselves, they have to try to spread their sarcasm and misery. I appreciate all you've done to go the extra mile to learn how to work with special needs children and your involvement in the community.... keep on keeping on.... Rise above the ugly....

Your topic headers are a bit over the top, don't you think?...

That is all I said. Yay you for doing what you need to do in order to keep your company going. I am sure you do fabulous work. It seems that a lot of people have benefited from your talents.

Yes, I was having a moment. When all you read anymore is children being slapped in Walmart and 11 year old girl's kidnapped and abused I get a little sensitive when I read "Baby lost arm due to water". It worked I opened it!

And I am glad that my "negativity" as everyone wants to call it has brought you many compliments and hopefully some business.

To end I am sorry if I hurt your feeling or came across as a Na sayer.

Much luck to you and your family :D