Paulding.com

RIP Paul.

CHICAGO -- ABC Radio Networks said broadcasting pioneer Paul Harvey has died at the age of 90.

Network spokesman Louis Adams said Harvey died Saturday at his winter home in Phoenix, surrounded by family. No cause of death was immediately available.

Harvey, who was born in Tulsa, Okla., was a news commentator and talk-radio pioneer whose staccato style made him one of the nation's most familiar voices.

He was forced off the air in 2001 because a virus weakened a vocal cord. But he returned to work in Chicago and was still active as he passed his 90th birthday.

Known for his resonant voice and trademark delivery of "The Rest of the Story," Harvey had been heard nationally since 1951, when he began his "News and Comment" for ABC Radio Networks.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/18819501/de...8410102282009#-

One of the all time greats... an icon of communication, conservatism, and common sense.

RIP.

I remember listening to his stories on the way home from work and thought he was extremly innovative (I found his son wrote those), but his delivery belonged to him...He was a pioneer and stood alone among his peers.

I was at a flea market a few months ago and found one of his books ..."and that's the rest of the story..." with about 100 of those stories...INCREDIBLE reading!

The best go sooner or later and they leave behind memories of better times...

This is Paul Harvey.....Good Day......

Wowzers, I did not realize he was 90! What a long, fruitful life! I wish he could now tell us, 'the rest of the story'.

Exactly! He was a pioneer in his medium. His unique style and delivery were instantly recognizable to millions of Americans. It's a loss to his family and friends, to be sure. No one before or since has been able to so captivate a radio audience with his vocal speaking talents. 90 years - and so many of them at the top of his market niche. Here's to a legend who was a virtuoso at his craft.

wow...Thats gonna be Weird not hearing the Rest of the story..I am 45 and have listened to Paul harvey for over 25 years..Always Loved his stories and How he Stood up to the Big people...He was a Icon for sure..R.I.P. we will miss you

marc

This is so sad to wake up to. I loved his "The rest of the story" programs. I still get to hear his son Paul Harvey, Jr. on the Legend.

Yes, my son and I listen in most days on the way home from work and school. My son (12) thinks he's pretty cool which I think is great from the new generation. We would still hear Sr. a few days here and there. I'm glad my son will remember Mr. Harvey Sr. and at the same time have his son

to listen to in the future. What a great tradition! I began listening to him in the 70's. Maybe my son will still be listening to his son 30 years from now.

Rest in peace, Mr. Harvey, and as someone else posted: It sure would be nice to hear your "Rest of the Story" now. Perhaps we'll share it when we meet again. :wub: