Paulding.com

How's the Governor's Gun Club doing ?

Just wondering how the Governor's Gun Club firing range is fairing.

We used to just shoot of the front porch. Pistols, rifles, etc.

Skeet shooting as well.

Now with all my nieghbors it is a challenge, although I am technically far enough away to not be breaking any laws, but its not near as much fun when you have to be so cautious as to where your "end of travel" area is.

Are many p.comers members ?

How is it price wise ?

Comments ?

We love it!! We went to shoot a couple of weeks ago and when I shot the gun the first time (first time on this day), somehow the slide on top of the gun, got me and I bled forever, it seemed like. We'll have to find me a hammerless revolver, so this don't happen again.

They always have something going on, some kind of classes, games or something and it's worth it to chek it out and see what ALL they have to offer.

The Club is doing fine, what maks you think otherwise?? just curious...................... there pretty bus every time we go by/go in there.

We love it!! We went to shoot a couple of weeks ago and when I shot the gun the first time (first time on this day), somehow the slide on top of the gun, got me and I bled forever, it seemed like. We'll have to find me a hammerless revolver, so this don't happen again.

They always have something going on, some kind of classes, games or something and it's worth it to chek it out and see what ALL they have to offer.

The Club is doing fine, what maks you think otherwise?? just curious...................... there pretty bus every time we go by/go in there.

I had a S&W 642 Airweight, it was hammerless and I HATED it. It ate up my thumb everytime I shot it and I always went home bleeding. Don't invest the money before you shoot one, a revolver is very different from a semi auto. The recoil, the trigger pull, everything, you should check out several before you purchase.

Just wondering how the Governor's Gun Club firing range is fairing.

We used to just shoot of the front porch. Pistols, rifles, etc.

Skeet shooting as well.

Now with all my nieghbors it is a challenge, although I am technically far enough away to not be breaking any laws, but its not near as much fun when you have to be so cautious as to where your "end of travel" area is.

Are many p.comers members ?

How is it price wise ?

Comments ?

It's a little more expensive, but when you consider that we used to drive to Big Woods Goods way up 575, the few extra dollars it costs is still less than driving there. or even to Douglasville to Stoddards or to Smyrna to Adventure Outdoors. I don't like the Adventure Outdoors range at all because they have these huge metal grates that you stand on and everytime you fire it makes the grate reverberate, it's loud and it feels weird underneath your feet. It also prevents you from picking up your brass for reloading.

It's a little more expensive, but when you consider that we used to drive to Big Woods Goods way up 575, the few extra dollars it costs is still less than driving there. or even to Douglasville to Stoddards or to Smyrna to Adventure Outdoors. I don't like the Adventure Outdoors range at all because they have these huge metal grates that you stand on and everytime you fire it makes the grate reverberate, it's loud and it feels weird underneath your feet. It also prevents you from picking up your brass for reloading.

Which I would presume is the point.

I was hoping to see positive responses and was just wondering if they were doing well. I have been hoping they would take an active role on Paulding.com and come here to post about their various activities and such.

We miss going out to shoot as we have done in the front yard for years and years, but its just too risky now with all the neighbors even if we are more than 300 feet from the road.

For any p.comers who are members of the Governor's Gun Club, please invite them to check into a commercial membership and start a firearm forum so to speak. Tips on cleaning, reloading, etc. would be great.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a gun tip a week type of thing.

That would be a good way to not only give information, but others could add their experience to the thread as well.

While I may not always like his way of typing his thoughts on topics, I do respect Nitro's input on guns, perhaps he could start a tip a week thread.

Unless I am mistaken, he is an firearms instructor and an avid re-loader.

• Like 1

I also used to have an automatic that would bite your thumb and make you bleed.

And a scope on a Sako .222 that would give you a black eye.

Nice to find out on a range, instead of in the field.

This being a kind of RED conservative county, with a sizeable gun toting population demographic, I would think a gun forum would be a natural.

I have tried to talk to the Gun Club Marketing Folks, but have not gotten much past 1st base.

I don't think they understand the way Paulding.com works, or the audience.

Their in-house marketing lady's name is Shakielya if there are any Club Members who see this and care to mention it to her.

I really think they would get a lot of benefit from a commercial membership on p.com, and to run some banner ads and put up gun related topics.

I also used to have an automatic that would bite your thumb and make you bleed.

And a scope on a Sako .222 that would give you a black eye.

Nice to find out on a range, instead of in the field.

This being a kind of RED conservative county, with a sizeable gun toting population demographic, I would think a gun forum would be a natural.

I have tried to talk to the Gun Club Marketing Folks, but have not gotten much past 1st base.

I don't think they understand the way Paulding.com works, or the audience.

Their in-house marketing lady's name is Shakielya if there are any Club Members who see this and care to mention it to her.

I really think they would get a lot of benefit from a commercial membership on p.com, and to run some banner ads and put up gun related topics.

Or perhaps they've read some of Pubby's derogatory comments on gun owners.

8)

All the more reason to show the good side of gun ownership.

With the demographics of p.com, the Gun Club Forum should be a no-brainer. We have a lot of avid shooters, hunters, and others, and I would think it would be a popular topic discussion to help promote their business.

We all like to see local businesses do well, thrive, and prosper and irregardless of individual politics, this would be a popular topic to follow.

Pubby owns P.com, but I think most of us who are daily posters/members also consider ourselves to be the owners and operators of the site. You do have to admit, like it or not, we have a lot of lee way in our posts and topics, many contrary to Pubby's views and opinions. It is still a great site for all to participate in, but it does have to make enough money to pay the server/computer time bills.

I for one would sorely miss this board if it were gone. And I will do what I can to promote it in the interim.

We went a couple weeks ago with a groupon deal. Very nice there. My wife was a little afraid to shoot so one of the girls came over and taught her some basics and made her comfortable shooting . We plan on going back again soon.

Glad Governors is doing ok,although I don`t like indoor ranges.None of them.I go to my hunting club or to Johns Mt.WMA range,which is a covered outdoor range.50 minutes from Paulding,costs $5 a vehicle.I sometimes shoot a few rounds in my yard,against a bank.I don`t shoot there on Sunday,or nights,or early am,out of respect of my neighbors.Several people in my neighborhood shoot on their property.I have no problem with anyone shooting as long as they are safe.There is a good outdoor range at Taylorsville,also,called Creekside.

• Like 1

With the demographics of p.com, the Gun Club Forum should be a no-brainer. We have a lot of avid shooters, hunters, and others, and I would think it would be a popular topic discussion to help promote their business.

We all like to see local businesses do well, thrive, and prosper and irregardless of individual politics, this would be a popular topic to follow.

Pubby owns P.com, but I think most of us who are daily posters/members also consider ourselves to be the owners and operators of the site. You do have to admit, like it or not, we have a lot of lee way in our posts and topics, many contrary to Pubby's views and opinions. It is still a great site for all to participate in, but it does have to make enough money to pay the server/computer time bills.

I for one would sorely miss this board if it were gone. And I will do what I can to promote it in the interim.

I'm sure The General has spoken to them about the benefits of a Pcom membership, we try to promote pcom at any & every opportunity, we have a chance to. When we joined The Governors Gun Club, we opted for the upgrade to where we can rent any of their rentable hand guns, that way I can try this and try that, to see what I can and can't handle. It's just a trial and error kind of thing, though. I'll ask him if he talked to the "right" person, I know he has spoken to the owners a time or two, I'll check into this a little further.