Paulding.com

Paying for asphalt top coating in unfinished subdivisions ?

This one REALLY bugs me.

Why is the IBA, via the taxpayers of the county, paying to put the finished top coat of pavement on the streets in unfinished subdivisions ? To the tune of $3.5 to $4.0 MILLION Dollars no less?

While King Jerry and his court of minions were approving all these PRDs around the county, they were telling us how great the PRDs were compared to R2 open zoning, and some of the reasons was the FACT they developers and builders had to enter into contracts with the county agreeing to pay for things like entrance/exit turn lanes, sidewalks, street lights, etc., AND they had to post Performance Bonds to complete and PAY for all those amenities.

Now that many to most of these unfinished PRDs have been abandoned, we are told the county will have to pick up the tab because the performance bonds were "FLIMSY".

But that does not fly. That dog can't hunt. It is pure BS!

A performance bond is a prepaid insurance policy. It is cut and dried, and if properly issued it is collectible.

So why are they not cashing in the performance bonds and letting that money pay to finish the work ?

Every one of those zoning meetings approving these PRDs, the BoC would go into executive sessions with the developers/builders, the Community Development Director [ben Skipper at that time] and the county attorney [Lani Skipper, and yes she is Ben's wife] as provided to the BoC and invoiced to the county by THE FIRM of Talley, Richardson and Cable.

What were they doing in those executive sessions ?

When they finished, they would come out, rubber stamp approvals and vote to approve the project, and go on their merry way.

Some of those builders who abandoned their PRDs to the county, are still here, building under a different company name now. Why isn't the BoC and the County Attorneys going after them to recover the costs to finish their work ?

• Like 1

Not really. I should have known better than to post anything on here, or even read the

stuff on this site. You can have it all to yourselves. I'm done, already.

Oh, y'all are so cute with your outrage. I feel certain that the PTB will rush to assuage your concerns.

:sigh:

If you are replying to Mei Lan's post......I'm sure she was being sarcastic. She's a pretty good egg. :)
  • Like 1

Not really. I should have known better than to post anything on here, or even read the

stuff on this site. You can have it all to yourselves. I'm done, already.

Awwww.. Mei Lan is one of the better (best i think) behaved folks on this board. You can't tell tone on the internet and her sigh is representing that we'd all love some Paulding "in charge" folks to come on here and give answers, in some cases, all of the time.

But this is a community board for the community, mainly made up of residents and some business owners provided and hosted by a private individual. So we tend to have to dig for our own answers to shenanigans in the county and run back here like our pants are on fire to share with the rest.

With that said, in some cases we need some paving done not IN these subs but where the builders did work on the roads in front of these neighborhoods and some were never finished with a top coat. Monroe Cole is one that comes to mind where they worked on the hill top and the sewer/storm drain covers were left either too high or too low, and one of them was damn near dangerous if you hit it wrong, it'd bottom out your car and you didn't know it was like that until you hit it. Should crap like that be fixed, YES. Should all these dead subs be re-paved with no one living in them?

Hells no.

I'm constantly baffled by the Bullcheese that goes on around here with those in charge.

• Like 2

The AJC ran an article on this maybe six months ago. It discussed several counties, Paulding chief among them, where this had happened. They ultimately faulted the counties who were caught holding the bill for unfinished subdivision road paving, for not knowing enough about this type of bond process, and not requiring more secure resources from developers. The article blamed counties that had little experience in managing the financial repercussions of instant growth--a growing up lesson for small town administrators, as I recall.

The AJC ran an article on this maybe six months ago. It discussed several counties, Paulding chief among them, where this had happened. They ultimately faulted the counties who were caught holding the bill for unfinished subdivision road paving, for not knowing enough about this type of bond process, and not requiring more secure resources from developers. The article blamed counties that had little experience in managing the financial repercussions of instant growth--a growing up lesson for small town administrators, as I recall.

But a performance bond is a prepaid guarranteed insurance policy.

You pay your insurer for your car for collision insurance. The car is totaled out. The insurance company pays the value of the car as per the terms of the policy. They cannot come back and argue the point.

And we paid THE FIRM, to make certain all was proper, i's dotted, t's crossed. If the bonds are NOT collectible, then I would think since we are paying an outside law firm to ascertain they were good, for that out side law firm to let their liability insurance pick up the paving costs. We did pay them for providing those services instead of using some smarts and hiring our own in-house county attorney and staff to do the same work for what, ....?....half or a third of the cost ?

But then that would stymie the campaign donations flowing from THE FIRM to the local candidates of their choices.

Follow the money.....

• Like 1

But a performance bond is a prepaid guarranteed insurance policy.

You pay your insurer for your car for collision insurance. The car is totaled out. The insurance company pays the value of the car as per the terms of the policy. They cannot come back and argue the point.

And we paid THE FIRM, to make certain all was proper, i's dotted, t's crossed. If the bonds are NOT collectible, then I would think since we are paying an outside law firm to ascertain they were good, for that out side law firm to let their liability insurance pick up the paving costs. We did pay them for providing those services instead of using some smarts and hiring our own in-house county attorney and staff to do the same work for what, ....?....half or a third of the cost ?

But then that would stymie the campaign donations flowing from THE FIRM to the local candidates of their choices.

Follow the money.....

After reading the attached, I don't know if it's as simple as that.

http://www2.law.mercer.edu/lawreview/getfile.cfm?file=60205.pdf

You're right rockysmom ... there are numerous defenses available to those providing bonds that could have been invoked to prevent their being ultimately liable for the surety they issued on these projects. Indeed, the issue of the county having standing to demand performance, as the roads in the subdivision were still in the possession of the developers at the time of the defaults and the timing of the defaults of all parties may have let all those off the hook through a restrictive statute of limitations.

All I can say is that it would be instructive to know the precise reasons for default on each of the bonds.

George Patton Hughes

If the bonds aren't enforceable, their not worth the paper they're written on. We pay legal counsel to ensure the bonds are what's necessary. The insurance company made money, those bonds aren't cheap, the attorneys made money and the citizens are left holding the bag.

This begs the question, is legal council retained by the county doing everything within the limits of the law to protect the taxpayers?

Being in the construction industry, construction lawyers are few and far between. We do have an awesome group in Marietta that specializes in construction law and one of them lives in Paulding County.

Edited by tundra
  • Like 1

Oh get real.

You mean to say our county legal advisors, commissioners, community development director, et al, were ALL so inept and deficient in their duties that virtually every performance bond issued was no good ?

These bonds were purchased by the ROBBER BARON MEGA DEVELOPERS to guarantee they finished their jobs. Yet the bonds are deficient ?

Now these are the exact same RBMDs who donated tens of thousands of dollars to the various politicians, previous and sitting.

Many of them are STILL doing work in the county, under a different company name of course. Go bankrupt, change the name, buy the property back in a new LLC name, and keep on screwing the taxpayers of Paulding while the Powers that Be smile and chuckle on the way to the bank to deposit the campaign donations ?!?!

Not to mention fishing, golfing, gambling and hunting junkets.

But they can't force these SAME RBMDs to make good on their bonds ?

How about hiring a county legal staff to collect on these deficient bonds ?

You don't think part of the collection problem process might just be because the same THE FIRM who represents the county in this matter, also represents many of the developers, are their registered agents, and actually did the closings for the private developers, while getting paid by the county to represent OUR interests ?????

• Like 1

You do know that Todd Pownall was one of two commissioners appointed to a commission 'commitee' that was charged with sorting out this mess.

So, where is Mr. Pownall on this topic. He is a broker, presumably he knows about these things. Where is his outrage at this. Surely he voted against funding the road paving at taxpayer expense.

Oh, wait, he didn't did he?

We still don't know why the bonds were not able to be collected upon and there are several likely reasons as the county didn't own the roads and were not direct parties to the bonds and therefore under Georgia law would not have standing. Or it could be that the bonding companies could have also gone bankrupt. How? Why? Because bonds are not insurance and have are not subject to reserves like an insurance policy is ... and when you have a systemic collapse; you have a systemic collapse and that actually does result in a change in expectation.

I mean more than a few people have had their homes foreclosed upon because they haven't have a job after the collapse. You can't get blood from a turnip.

My point earlier and my point now is that Todd Pownall, as co-chair of the committee knows the answer, voted for the county to do the paving at county taxpayer expense and has never explained precisely why the bonds were no good or what changes in policy the county has implemented to avoid a future failure of similar proportions.

I'm not going to say he's hiding anything, mind you, I'm just going to say that he's not Mr. Governmental Transparency either ... because he obviously gets an "F" on this topic.

Which of course brings up the point I've made since the get go on the airport - so what if he didn't know about the airport. Do you really think he would have said anything if he did?

pubby

Pubby

Todd gets no free ride here. Yes, he and Graham surveyed the unfinished subdivisions needing pavement and came up with the costs.

Last I heard, Todd was not well versed in the legalities of writing, enforcing, or collecting performance bonds, nor was the board of commissioners, at the time the bonds were issued, or any attempt to colect them.

I have not taken the time to search the p.com archives, and am not certain they go back to 2004 when King Jerry was spouting off at the mouth how PRDs were the greatest thing for the county since sliced bread. But I do recall in depth discussions with the old Chairdude about with PRDs the county could get all these concessions from the RBMDs, amenities, freebies to the county, facilities for the citizens, AND preformance on completeing the jobs.

In trade for this, the county let them have the high denisity of 3 to 4 times as many houses per acre of land.

We all know King Jerry received plenty from the developers and their minions in return. And THE FIRM got one hell of a lot of business, including financial enumeration for making certain all was on the up and up with the paperwork, including the performance bonds.

So why is THE FIRM getting a free pass on this issue and the tax payers getting stuck with a $3Million to $4million cost owed by developers and builders who are still developing and building here today ?

Black list any developer or builder who has stuck the county and refuse to issue them building permits. It does not take a rocket scientist to check to see what companies left us holding the worthless bonds, and who the priniciples were, and what companies those same principles are representing today. Put liens on THEIR land, lots, houses, etc., and freeze any additional permits to perform any work of any kind in the county until they have fufilled their obligations.

First step though would be getting our own county attorney's office, and telling THE FIRM to take a hike. That would save us a million or so a year right off the bat.

And we all know good and well that will never happen now, .......will it ?!?!

• Like 1

There you go again, Surepip - jumping to conclusions that aren't in the record. I'd hate to have you on a jury because ... well, let's just say I demand a higher level of proof.

I'll give you an example on the bond thing. In one former job thirty years ago, I found myself having as part of my task visiting military bases. The military required on the part of their vendors that they have liability insurance coverage about ten times the minimum that state mandatory insurance laws at the time required. I provided my company a copy of my insurance binder and they in turn, as part of their contract, asserted that everyone operating as an agent of their company met or exceeded the required insurance limits. The bonds may have been between two private entities and the assertion of bonding acceptable to the county by tradition may have been the bonds between the developer and the contractor doing the work.

Now, we all know that you have a beef with the group of lawyers you call the Firm and I think there is some record of that lawyers group being in the Chris Christy mold of political lawyers whose observable traits would include what some might call a mean streak - others simply acknowledge that they can be vindictive.

I personally find vindictiveness impolitic and unattractive. I try really hard to avoid falling from the straight and narrow on the basis of that moral snare. Hence, I will not make a rash promise, for instance, to do as you suggest and fire the lot of them on the basis of the information I have now. That would be by definition arbitrary and unjust and I won't go there because - surprise, surprise - I'm not arbitrary and unjust either.

Similarly, I know you blame one particular developer who did seem to have an inordinate amount of influence in the days of Chairman Shearin. Again there is some record of inappropriate actions to benefit that developer and having those items become part of the record as in presented in court was one of the reasons I have been sorely disappointed that your case never was brought to court.

That said, however, what evidence do you have that suggests that this developer is the one whose developments were bailed out by the county with the bond issue to complete subdivision roads? That is a powerful allegation and frankly, I've never heard that. If that allegation is true, then either Todd is dumb as rocks or as corrupt as King Jerry or both. Since I DON'T THINK Todd is as dumb as rocks or as corrupt as King Jerry, I reject your allegation for lack of evidence ... and because it doesn't make any sense.

One of the things a lot of folks don't know about me is I was raised in Mississippi County Arkansas. Mississippi County is immediately south of the Missouri county that is the famous bootheel of that state. (Pemiscot County) ... So, with that geographic anchor, I say surepip... if you want me to believe that, show me.

George Patton Hughes

One of the things a lot of folks don't know about me is I was raised in Mississippi County Arkansas. Mississippi County is immediately south of the Missouri county that is the famous bootheel ... So, with that geographic anchor, I say surepip... if you want me to believe that, show me.

George Patton Hughes

I know lots of Missourians. You, sir, are no Missourian. :rofl:

• Like 2

Pubby

Todd gets no free ride here. Yes, he and Graham surveyed the unfinished subdivisions needing pavement and came up with the costs.

Last I heard, Todd was not well versed in the legalities of writing, enforcing, or collecting performance bonds, nor was the board of commissioners, at the time the bonds were issued, or any attempt to colect them.

I have not taken the time to search the p.com archives, and am not certain they go back to 2004 when King Jerry was spouting off at the mouth how PRDs were the greatest thing for the county since sliced bread. But I do recall in depth discussions with the old Chairdude about with PRDs the county could get all these concessions from the RBMDs, amenities, freebies to the county, facilities for the citizens, AND preformance on completeing the jobs.

In trade for this, the county let them have the high denisity of 3 to 4 times as many houses per acre of land.

We all know King Jerry received plenty from the developers and their minions in return. And THE FIRM got one hell of a lot of business, including financial enumeration for making certain all was on the up and up with the paperwork, including the performance bonds.

So why is THE FIRM getting a free pass on this issue and the tax payers getting stuck with a $3Million to $4million cost owed by developers and builders who are still developing and building here today ?

Black list any developer or builder who has stuck the county and refuse to issue them building permits. It does not take a rocket scientist to check to see what companies left us holding the worthless bonds, and who the priniciples were, and what companies those same principles are representing today. Put liens on THEIR land, lots, houses, etc., and freeze any additional permits to perform any work of any kind in the county until they have fufilled their obligations.

First step though would be getting our own county attorney's office, and telling THE FIRM to take a hike. That would save us a million or so a year right off the bat.

And we all know good and well that will never happen now, .......will it ?!?!

Surepip,

I understand you have issues with this particular firm. I sympasize with what happened to you and your family. Seriously, everyone deserves to be treated fair and have their rights upheld.

However, almost every post you make you are blaming one law firm for every mistake the entire county has made. The realstate boom that went south and left county citizens holding the bag? The firm's fault. The airport mess? The firm's fault. The payvement? The firm's fault. Economy in the county? The firm's fault! Everything is the firm's fault as if they are single handedly running the whole damn shabang and all these commissioners, all the elected officials, including on the state not local level, are nothing but marionettes on their strings.

Yet, these same people from the firm must all live in Paulding county, right? That means they are also the citizens that are left with the same bag to hold and same taxes to pay as you.

And what about this. Suppose, they were and are now doing their job. The job their clients have hired them to do. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is the county officials that hired them, right? So they do their job, just like you and I and the rest of the world to support our families. pay our bills whether we like the job or think everything is done is ethically or not. You know, it's a dirty job and someone's got to do it. The ironic part is, it's not the boss that comes out looking dirty but the one who actually does the job.

You may not like it but thruth is everybody has to do something unethical at least once in their lifetime for one reason or another. It's the way it is. And then, there are times when to you and I it may seem unethical but to others it wouldn't. So far I haven't heard of any investigation of this said firm which means whatever they have been doing is within the legal reasons all these years. Even those conflicts of interest you've mentioned, if there was a proper disclosure of representation, it is not illegal.

What I'm trying to say here is what you're doing by blaming "the firm" for the county's problems is simular to some activist approaching a cashier at McD's and start telling that person how unethical and wrong they are for selling those burgers that have the particals of a yoga mat in it or that they're the cause of obesity for selling such unhealthy products to people.

• Like 2

My understanding in talking to Todd Pownall about the issue is that for whatever reason it was determined the bonds were uncollectable and the County knew that the roads would need to be paved an began setting aside money to do the job. However in looking at the situation objectively, given the cost inflation on thse type job vs. the length of time it would cost to save the money to do it, the decision was made to issue bonds to pay for the roads. I do not agree with how it was done via IBA bonds to circumvent the public voting on it but I see the point in that the work needed to be done sooner rather than later and what what it cost several years from now.

Thank God for that too! ... Folks in the bootheel were a bunch of bootleggers. Still at 20 miles from the border, I was close enough to say 'show me.'

pubby

Now, now! One of my closest bunch of friends' Daddy was a MHP stationed in Kennett. And Trooper Petty didn't tolerate that.

There you go again, Surepip - jumping to conclusions that aren't in the record. I'd hate to have you on a jury because ... well, let's just say I demand a higher level of proof.

I'll give you an example on the bond thing. In one former job thirty years ago, I found myself having as part of my task visiting military bases. The military required on the part of their vendors that they have liability insurance coverage about ten times the minimum that state mandatory insurance laws at the time required. I provided my company a copy of my insurance binder and they in turn, as part of their contract, asserted that everyone operating as an agent of their company met or exceeded the required insurance limits. The bonds may have been between two private entities and the assertion of bonding acceptable to the county by tradition may have been the bonds between the developer and the contractor doing the work.

Now, we all know that you have a beef with the group of lawyers you call the Firm and I think there is some record of that lawyers group being in the Chris Christy mold of political lawyers whose observable traits would include what some might call a mean streak - others simply acknowledge that they can be vindictive.

I personally find vindictiveness impolitic and unattractive. I try really hard to avoid falling from the straight and narrow on the basis of that moral snare. Hence, I will not make a rash promise, for instance, to do as you suggest and fire the lot of them on the basis of the information I have now. That would be by definition arbitrary and unjust and I won't go there because - surprise, surprise - I'm not arbitrary and unjust either.

Similarly, I know you blame one particular developer who did seem to have an inordinate amount of influence in the days of Chairman Shearin. Again there is some record of inappropriate actions to benefit that developer and having those items become part of the record as in presented in court was one of the reasons I have been sorely disappointed that your case never was brought to court.

That said, however, what evidence do you have that suggests that this developer is the one whose developments were bailed out by the county with the bond issue to complete subdivision roads? That is a powerful allegation and frankly, I've never heard that. If that allegation is true, then either Todd is dumb as rocks or as corrupt as King Jerry or both. Since I DON'T THINK Todd is as dumb as rocks or as corrupt as King Jerry, I reject your allegation for lack of evidence ... and because it doesn't make any sense.

One of the things a lot of folks don't know about me is I was raised in Mississippi County Arkansas. Mississippi County is immediately south of the Missouri county that is the famous bootheel of that state. (Pemiscot County) ... So, with that geographic anchor, I say surepip... if you want me to believe that, show me.

George Patton Hughes

It blows my mind you actually support a law firm over a fellow citizen, but then again that's how they've always done things around here. Someone pass the weed down this way, I want to feel as self important as this poster.

• Like 1

It blows my mind you actually support a law firm over a fellow citizen, but then again that's how they've always done things around here. Someone pass the weed down this way, I want to feel as self important as this poster.

You need to work on your comprehension skills tundra.

They are lacking.

pubby

When you say go after the builders--you have to think about the way all of that works. Example: Said builder had a company 10-15 yrs ago when things were booming. Said compnay got caught with some of those houses that sat empty and finally the bank took back. At that point, the company either filed for bankruptcy (if they had any assets left). If there were no assets of the business--they simply had to shut that business down. They could then go out the very next day and open a new business under a different name and start all over again. This happens all of the time. That is one of the main purposes if incorporating a business--to get the personal liability away from it. Is ti legal--yes. So, unless these builders were really stupid and did not have their businesses incorporated--they have no personal liability.

Is it fair--NO. But it is how the legal system works.

Bottom line, if you don't have enough assets to cover all the jobs/work you are doing, the bond is useless. Another racket for the insurance companies and the attorneys to make money. In the end you just have to file bankruptcy and walk away. You can start a new business the next day.

Bonds are useless, I learned that 20 years ago.

OK Pubby,

How many specific examples of PRD subdivisions will you want to see, showing THE FIRM as the closing attorneys, or registered agents for the developers, or both, for the various unfinished PRDs the taxpayers are now going to pave ?

I have them in my data base, and will tie them into the BoC report of which PRDs the taxpayers have to pay to finish now as soon as I can obtain a copy.

Will 2 or 3 be enough to show the conflict of interest between THE FIRM as the developers legal agent, while at the same time ascertaining their perfromance bonds were good and valid ? Not to mention those they were also the closing attorneys on for the sale of the property in the first place, which was ALWAYS contingent upon the zoning approvals ?

I will prepare them in an excel spread sheet, just let me know how many I have to waste the time on to dig out from 2004, 2005, 2006.

I assume the 2 on either side of your office don't count since they were annexed into the city of Dallas in order to forego the developer having to pay the $500 per house "Donation" to the school board as required after March of 2005 by the county. Are those streets finished ?

How about each subdivision paying for the streets within their boundaries pay for their own paving?

If they don't want to pave them, so be it.We have a few "dead" cul de sacs in BHE.Leave them alone,quit spending my money to bail out your developer friends

• Like 2

I heard they would only pave the streets that actually had houses on them. Under normal circumstances, when a subdivision has been completed, the roads become the responsibility of the county. This is no different than usual except the builders didn't finish what they were supposed to. Most of them are not out of business but merely operating under a different cloak of protection.

I will reiterate, bonds are not worth the paper they are written on. Beware if you do business with a company that claims it's "bonded". If they have two projects going on simultaneously, there probably aren't enough assets to cover costs. Now think about 3 or 4 a month over the course of a year.

What gets me is we had to sign a personal guarantee to get the bonds. In other words if there weren't enough business assets they'd be free to take our personal property, including our home. Sorry, but I'm not willing to give up my first born child for a shady builder or general contractor. We do not bond our jobs any longer.

Edited by tundra

I heard they would only pave the streets that actually had houses on them. Under normal circumstances, when a subdivision has been completed, the roads become the responsibility of the county. This is no different than usual except the builders didn't finish what they were supposed to. Most of them are not out of business but merely operating under a different cloak of protection.

I will reiterate, bonds are not worth the paper they are written on. Beware if you do business with a company that claims it's "bonded". If they have two projects going on simultaneously, there probably aren't enough assets to cover costs. Now think about 3 or 4 a month over the course of a year.

What gets me is we had to sign a personal guarantee to get the bonds. In other words if there weren't enough business assets they'd be free to take our personal property, including our home. Sorry, but I'm not willing to give up my first born child for a shady builder or general contractor. We do not bond our jobs any longer.

We had to post a performance bond for every job we did for Tyson, Perdue, Pilgrims Pride, etc., that was over $100,000 and some were down right stupid on taking care of the last housecleaning duties to get our final payments.....but we had no choice. Do it, or else.

One time I had to send a crew back down to Oglethorpe, Ga., to clean pencil lines and chalk lines off the FRP panels we had installed in the exhaust pleunum systems. Panels that once operational in scope, were going to be high pressure hosed down and scrubbed with brushes, soap and water twice a week after the hatches were pulled.

But in order to get paid and NOT have my performance bond jeopordized, I had to put 2 guys in a truck with buckets and scrub brushes for a 15 hour day to go down there and take care of it.

My issues from what King Jerry gave his homilies about how great PRDs were over R2 septic zoning was the FACT we would have these performance bonds mandating the developers and then the builders do all the work to complete the jobs 100% at no cost to the tax payers. That was the "Concession" to allow them the high density housing so they could make such obscene profits.

Yet here we are 5, 6 7 years later, and we the tax payers are going to have to pay to finish the job, whilst they had, supposedly, valid performance bonds in place to make certain they did indeed complete the work which they did not.

And we PAID Talley, Richardson, and Cable, as provider of the county attorneys, ....Lani Skipper and since then Jason Phillips, to make certain those performance bonds were valid and enforceable.

Now as we all know, Talley, Richardson and Cable were also the Registered Agents for, and legal representatives for many of those same developers and builders who have stuck the tax payers with the costs to finish their job.

And I call them out on the fact that they were paid by the BoC to do a job, which since these bonds are now "uncollectible", they obviously did not do well.

So my question is:

"Why then do we the taxpayers have to pay to bail out the developer/builders, clients also of Talley, Richardson and Cable, and not even attempt to go after THE FIRM for them to have their malpractice insurance make good on the bonds ?"

And, in the interim, pull the building permit rights, zoning application rights, and any other means legal to road block these same developers and builders from doing any more work in Paulding county what so ever at all until such time they have made good on all their previous committments under now defunct, dead and bankrupt companies which the county is going to pay the cost to finish the work for ?

Why indeed are the continuing to get a free ride on the back of the tax payers ?

Tundra, it's funny how you defend everything Todd and Tony Crowe touch. Todd was in charge of that bond issue that went through the IBA for the subdivision paving... that seems very self-serving. Tony Crowe was in the Development Department during the time all of those bonds were being used...

Tundra, it's funny how you defend everything Todd and Tony Crowe touch. Todd was in charge of that bond issue that went through the IBA for the subdivision paving... that seems very self-serving. Tony Crowe was in the Development Department during the time all of those bonds were being used...

I'm not defending anyone!! I'm talking about the useless cost of unenforceable bonds.

Funny how it's OK with you the bonds of the builder buddies didn't pay up.