Paulding.com

Full video of last night

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You sound just like David himself...who showed up at my job on Feb. 7, 2014 to try and to get my boss to sensor my facebook post!!! Praise the Lord I have a boss who believes that I too have the right

I respect all the speakers that spoke at the meetings both pro and con. I particularly enjoyed the Comments that Todd Pownall made at the evening session, he was very respectful, concise and to the po

I very much agree with your above statements. It is a sad state of affairs when one has to resort to continually using the word "crap" to attempt to get a point across.

I have no idea who he is but I am very impressed with the retired military man who spoke at the end in support of the airport expansion.

He appears very humble, respectable and sincere and obviously spoke from his heart. Sounds like he has a lot invested in our community and only wants what is best for the greater good of our community. :) He was very respectable and handled himself with class and dignity.

I respect all the speakers that spoke at the meetings both pro and con. I particularly enjoyed the Comments that Todd Pownall made at the evening session, he was very respectful, concise and to the point and was able to convince the other three commissioners not to adopt a resolution that chairman Austin had placed on the agenda...... I suspect they saw a SECRET AGENDA on the Chairman's part, At least that was my impression? Secret/confidential agendas seems to be his forte, Have you ever noticed that he hardly ever discusses items out in the public view at these meetings, But rather asks that you come to his office after the meetings to discuss things behind closed doors, Why is David so secret with his meetings, Heck yesterday morning at the meeting he would not even allow Todd Pownall to even ask some questions about what he spoke on a few minutes earlier.... I wonder why!!

Is this how dictators act??

• Like 1

I respect all the speakers that spoke at the meetings both pro and con. I particularly enjoyed the Comments that Todd Pownall made at the evening session, he was very respectful, concise and to the point and was able to convince the other three commissioners not to adopt a resolution that chairman Austin had placed on the agenda...... I suspect they saw a SECRET AGENDA on the Chairman's part, At least that was my impression? Secret/confidential agendas seems to be his forte, Have you ever noticed that he hardly ever discusses items out in the public view at these meetings, But rather asks that you come to his office after the meetings to discuss things behind closed doors, Why is David so secret with his meetings, Heck yesterday morning at the meeting he would not even allow Todd Pownall to even ask some questions about what he spoke on a few minutes earlier.... I wonder why!!

Is this how dictators act??

I don't mean to be disrespectful Whitey but you keep saying the same old thing over and over and over again. Nothing new....same old conspiracy theories.

If you happen to be right (and I don't think you are), I applaud your efforts; however, there is a pattern here...................

• Like 1

I hope the hell they put a road across your yard, then you can see what it is like!

Actually, in another state, they took so much of my yard that they had to take my whole house.

The only good part is that when they went through a formal taking, I was able to duck the recapture of the depreciation that I had taken on the property as a rental for about a decade. As I understood the tax code, had they not done that and I had sold, my cost basis would have been what I paid for the property less the depreciation and the final sale price would have been subject to capital gains.

Sometimes it is not all darkness.... i.e. there can be a silver lining to that cloud.

pubby

PS: I don't see anything at all radiohead that would even raise suspicion that there is any dirty dealing going on here and I'm distressed that anyone thinks that. Now when I was seeing the big bucks move from that construction outfit that was doing deals across the south and making big contributions to politicians everywhere to fuel their meteoric rise, I certainly wondered. The local connection, btw, was the courthouse project and that guy you were lauding as better than this guy, which says more about your judgement than mine.

pubby

I don't mean to be disrespectful Whitey but you keep saying the same old thing over and over and over again. Nothing new....same old conspiracy theories.

If you happen to be right (and I don't think you are), I applaud your efforts; however, there is a pattern here...................

He is just saying the truth. You keep saying the same crap over and over too but I just ignore you're crap.

At least he is right where you are full of crap.

• Like 1

Just an FYI:

When a bill is 'dropped in the hopper,' it is a done deal. It is physically dropped at the rostrum or in the House Clerk/Senate Secretary's office. And yes, it is dropped in an actual wooden hopper with handles.

If this is particular bill/resolution (I keep seeing these terms used interchangeably and the fact is they are quite different), whichever is the case, has been dropped in the hopper then it goes directly on the next scheduled sessions first reader calendar. At that point it is moved to the second reader list and then assigned to a committee. The bill/resolution then has to pass a committee vote to move on the the floor of the Senate/House. Then, the Speaker must actually call the bill for debate.

I just want to kill this notion I keep hearing that a bill is massaged by anyone, especially legislative counsel, after it has been dropped. The only changes that can be made to a piece of legislation after it has been dropped are by amendment--and this is if the bill isn't engrossed beforehand. This doesn't happen often, however, when the author of a bill intends for the bill to stay intact as written, they can ask for a vote to engross--meaning the bill will be in its dropped form throughout the process. Otherwise, bills are engrossed after they have been debated, amended (given an amendment is voted on and passes), and passed by both the senate and house.

With that being said, if nobody has seen the bill or resolution, then it hasn't actually been dropped. If it had, it would show up on the list of first readers and anyone could go to the Clerk or Secretary's office and obtain a copy.

Of course, this is assuming the parliamentary procedures of either have not changed in the past few years.

Actually, in another state, they took so much of my yard that they had to take my whole house.

The only good part is that when they went through a formal taking, I was able to duck the recapture of the depreciation that I had taken on the property as a rental for about a decade. As I understood the tax code, had they not done that and I had sold, my cost basis would have been what I paid for the property less the depreciation and the final sale price would have been subject to capital gains.

Sometimes it is not all darkness.... i.e. there can be a silver lining to that cloud.

pubby

PS: I don't see anything at all radiohead that would even raise suspicion that there is any dirty dealing going on here and I'm distressed that anyone thinks that. Now when I was seeing the big bucks move from that construction outfit that was doing deals across the south and making big contributions to politicians everywhere to fuel their meteoric rise, I certainly wondered. The local connection, btw, was the courthouse project and that guy you were lauding as better than this guy, which says more about your judgement than mine.

pubby

So doing everything in secret and letting friends get jobs is ok with you?

He is just saying the truth. You keep saying the same crap over and over too but I just ignore you're crap.

At least he is right where you are full of crap.

And this is why you and those like yourself are not taken seriously. It's one thing to talk like that dude from the "Ancient Aliens" with the crazy hair all the time. But this... elementary school playground comes to mind here...

• Like 2

And this is why you and those like yourself are not taken seriously. It's one thing to talk like that dude from the "Ancient Aliens" with the crazy hair all the time. But this... elementary school playground comes to mind here...

I very much agree with your above statements. It is a sad state of affairs when one has to resort to continually using the word "crap" to attempt to get a point across.

• Like 2
<br /><font size="5"><font color="#FF0000">I hope the hell they put a road across your yard, then you can see what it is like!</font></font><br />
<br /><br /><br />

And I hope to hell you have the money to "support" your position. Because money talks and bs walks. For that rule to apply, just throw in a couple of high price, connected law firms.

I've had my fair share of griefs in this regard. And that is all I'm going to say about that.

Don't you tell me what I've dealt with.

• Like 2

Just an FYI:

When a bill is 'dropped in the hopper,' it is a done deal. It is physically dropped at the rostrum or in the House Clerk/Senate Secretary's office. And yes, it is dropped in an actual wooden hopper with handles.

If this is particular bill/resolution (I keep seeing these terms used interchangeably and the fact is they are quite different), whichever is the case, has been dropped in the hopper then it goes directly on the next scheduled sessions first reader calendar. At that point it is moved to the second reader list and then assigned to a committee. The bill/resolution then has to pass a committee vote to move on the the floor of the Senate/House. Then, the Speaker must actually call the bill for debate.

I just want to kill this notion I keep hearing that a bill is massaged by anyone, especially legislative counsel, after it has been dropped. The only changes that can be made to a piece of legislation after it has been dropped are by amendment--and this is if the bill isn't engrossed beforehand. This doesn't happen often, however, when the author of a bill intends for the bill to stay intact as written, they can ask for a vote to engross--meaning the bill will be in its dropped form throughout the process. Otherwise, bills are engrossed after they have been debated, amended (given an amendment is voted on and passes), and passed by both the senate and house.

With that being said, if nobody has seen the bill or resolution, then it hasn't actually been dropped. If it had, it would show up on the list of first readers and anyone could go to the Clerk or Secretary's office and obtain a copy.

Of course, this is assuming the parliamentary procedures of either have not changed in the past few years.

Where would you go on this web site to see the status of where it is http://www.house.ga.gov/clerk/en-US/HouseCalendars.aspx

Where would you go on this web site to see the status of where it is http://www.house.ga.gov/clerk/en-US/HouseCalendars.aspx

I would look through the first readers.

However, you can track all of the legislation introduced or co-signed by Howard Maxwell using this link:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/MemberLegislation.aspx?Member=165&Session=23

well we do know that David and his brother passed a secret resolution in October and November 2012 that has got us in the mess at the airport and kept it secret until Oct 2013, And had a secret off site in June 2013 to plan 139 certification, and now a secret house bill to seize all power of the IBA that his brother Chairs and he sits on, We do know that he talked with Howard Maxwell about the resolution between January 25,2014 and February 6 2014 and bingo we have a new house resolution before the committees even knew about it..... Not that is what I would term being a secret dictator. I thought this was new information. Quite amazing what dictators can do when they avoid committees and refuse to openly discuss matters at these meetings as they have recently. What did David Openly discuss at the meeting Tuesday night? The peoples business should be done in the open to let the light shine through that's why they call it the sunshine law..... If they wanted it done secretly they would of called it the law of secret meetings. Of course you

That you just want to play the game that Pubby is playing. Gone any idea how that bill got to Howard Maxwell from Tom Cable with a vote from any committee. Do you even suggest that DAVID AUSTIN was trying to sneak something else through.

I would look through the first readers.

However, you can track all of the legislation introduced or co-signed by Howard Maxwell using this link:

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/en-US/MemberLegislation.aspx?Member=165&Session=23

Thank you so much this is very helpful and will save me hours of research that some of the posters have put me through.

I appreciated Mr. Carmicheal's words that he truly believes that they were not doing anything wrong.

It is the responsibility of those commissioners to turn that airport around.

I think the first question they should ask is why has it floundered for so many years and how do you turn it around.

The goal of the IBA is to create jobs, not just any jobs, they certainly can not spend money on retail and restaurants due to the fact that they don't produce well paying jobs.

Assisting the airport with funding to create jobs is well within their mission.

The BOC focuses on the collecting and spending of tax dollars to benefit the citizens. It is also well within their mission to see the airport prepared for planes to be registered to the county.

The AA authority is to make the decisions that will allow these goals to be achieved.

We need that airport to be successful.

We may very well need the legislation to be amended.

I have no issue with that specifically, at least until we see exactly what the wording is that will be voted on.

But, this is where I have an issue.

We have boards for a reason. They serve a good purpose in that nobody is solely responsible for the decisions made and of course 5,7,10, brains are better than 1.

I watched the video and it sounded to me as though there was time for all these boards to receive a copy of this drafted legislation. It could have even been emailed to all and voted on in their meetings.

I understand getting the notice in the paper as soon as possible. What prevented a mass email to all on these boards after the phone call to Mr. Maxwell.

It is disturbing that any single person would have so much power or the level of trust invested in them that they can use council paid by the taxpayer to change legislation and have the blind support of all the people on the most powerful boards in our county.

I am not inclined to blame the person making the decisions,

It is the boards that have invested the power.

I understand the people on these boards have lives and jobs but it does not excuse them from knowing all the pertinent details before supporting any decisions that effect the tax payers of this county.

I would be even more disturbed to find they voted for it without the exact wording in front of them.

I remain supportive of the airport being successful on some level.

So far I remain supportive of out leadership, but I want to know that these boards are doing what they are intrusted to do. They are not intended to give leadership to a single person and blindly support that persons decisions.

I think the first place to look and see why the airport is floundering so bad (your words not mine) is to look at the leadership on the Board the Elected folks on the Board are David Austin, Boykin Austin, Doris Devey And of Course Commissioner Carmichael who I believe served for eight years on the airport authority. And not currently serving except for being the go to guy for the airport authority.

Have you ever sat down and asked them to explain why the General Aviation concept is a complete failure after spending $34 million tax dollars? you see two of those have been on the airport board since 2004 at least, Boykin and Carmichael brought that airport out of the ground and was there when the first piece of land was taken from the citizens to build it. O f course David Austin is not to blame for any of the failure he has only been on the airport board for about six years so.... No we can't blame nothing on him... So just who does get the blame for the complete failure the IBA???? Whoa can't do that they are the same Identical folks that are also members of the Airport authority can't Blame it on Blake or Carolyn Wright either because they also serve on both authorities and the IBA is being sued for lending tax dollars to the Airport Authority WTH how did that happen ???? Lending tax money to each other dang that sounds illegal to me. Oh.... I forgot they are being sued, According to CPR (is that you?) it is a frivolous law suit to loan each other our tax dollars that we were promised would never be spent on the airport... Yep not one red cent.... Oh I know David didn't promise that it was the other guy so now we have to change a Constitutional Amendment that will allow the two authorities to spend our tax dollars any way that they can

And in the mean time got to reach over in the little kitty and grab $2,900,000 more tax dollars to finish a project that the IBA started with no funds to pay for it.

What we need is to eliminate the IBA and the PCAA turn all that over to the BOC and let them do their job since it is their job (according to Austin) to create jobs and that way it will be easy to determine where the failure of the airport lies no more BS as to whose job it is to spend the taxpayers money. Let the buck stop on the second floor of the administration bldg. chairman's office

• Like 1

The term "red herring" is used to refer to something that misleads or distracts from the relevant or important issue. It may be used to detract or lead readers towards a false conclusion.

Then my comment is exactly that...It was concise, and to the point. No false conclusion at all though...EITHER SHUT UP OR MOVE!!! Pretty well to the point I think!

I wish I had the money to buy her out so she could realize her dream of moving. But it's financially impossible for me to accomplish this.

Instead of offering her the ultimatum of "EITHER SHUT UP OR MOVE!!!" I beg you to talk to your local representatives and encourage them to step up and demonstrate leadership by finding ways to remove the source of her fears. Encouraging our leaders to dig in and stay on the path we are on is proving to be disastrous.

On a similar note I have not talked to a single person on any side of this issue who is happy with where we find ourselves today. I am of the opinion we have got to find some compromise so we don't all crash and burn together.

I wish I had the money to buy her out so she could realize her dream of moving. But it's financially impossible for me to accomplish this.

Instead of offering her the ultimatum of "EITHER SHUT UP OR MOVE!!!" I beg you to talk to your local representatives and encourage them to step up and demonstrate leadership by finding ways to remove the source of her fears. Encouraging our leaders to dig in and stay on the path we are on is proving to be disastrous.

On a similar note I have not talked to a single person on any side of this issue who is happy with where we find ourselves today. I am of the opinion we have got to find some compromise so we don't all crash and burn together.

Of course there has to be compromise BUT the STOP ALL PROGRESS in PAULDING group is not willing to listen to anything except NO COMMERCIAL flights! Since this is NOT going to happen and everyone except this handful knows it the Airport keeps doing it's thing, the FAA keeps moving quickly towards fast-tracking the approval and Paulding will get it's NEW Silver Comet Field WITH commercial flights in the near future!

The compromise has to be...what can be done to satisfy Patti Smith that makes sense for BOTH her and the County. Until she quits threatening, posturing, and playing to the media and actually sits down with the powers that be, perhaps with a mediator?...nothing positive is going to happen with her situation.

<br />Of course there has to be compromise BUT the STOP ALL PROGRESS in PAULDING group is not willing to listen to anything except NO COMMERCIAL flights!  Since this is NOT going to happen and everyone except this handful knows it the Airport keeps doing it's thing, the FAA keeps moving quickly towards fast-tracking the approval and Paulding will get it's NEW Silver Comet Field WITH commercial flights in the near future!  <br /><br />The compromise has to be...what can be done to satisfy Patti Smith that makes sense for BOTH her and the County.  Until she quits threatening, posturing, and playing to the media and actually sits down with the powers that be, perhaps with a mediator?...nothing positive is going to happen with her situation.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Dude, get over yourself already. There is NOT a STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP. Get off Patti Smith while you're at it. Maybe things will work out for everyone.

• Like 1

<br /><br /><br />

Dude, get over yourself already. There is NOT a STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING GROUP. Get off Patti Smith while you're at it. Maybe things will work out for everyone.

Simply watch the BOC video and her 5 minute RANT...SHE was an embarrassment to Paulding County the way she acted, and did nothing but promote her website and attack our commissioners! AGAIN!...SHAME ON HER!!! If I was on the board she would NEVER receive another second of podium time!

and there most definitely is a STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group...it's holding a meeting tonight!

Edited by Concerned Pldg Resident

Simply watch the BOC video and her 5 minute RANT...SHE was an embarrassment to Paulding County the way she acted, and did nothing but promote her website and attack our commissioners! AGAIN!...SHAME ON HER!!! If I was on the board she would NEVER receive another second of podium time!

and there most definitely is a STOP ALL PROGRESS IN PAULDING group...it's holding a meeting tonight!

It is obvious that the airport opposition group welcomes economic progress and industry.

Your silly straw man just went up in flames:

http://paulding.com/forum/index.php/topic/308140-paulding-economic-development-new-on-channel-2-news/page__pid__3888212?do=findComment&comment=3888212

8)

You sound just like David himself...who showed up at my job on Feb. 7, 2014 to try and to get my boss to sensor my facebook post!!! Praise the Lord I have a boss who believes that I too have the right to free speech!! To me that is just wrong to go to someones employment to try and stop them from posting on facebook!! If you say something they do not like or agree with they run to your job?

SHAME on him and the rest of you if you support that kind of behavior!!! I do not care what anyone says or does I will never ever stoop to that level!! As far as I am concerned you, King David and the rest of that bunch can pack your bags and SHUT UP AND LEAVE!!!!!!

Wow... just wow.

:o

You demonstrate exactly the attributes you accuse her of. Only yours are by anonymous writing on a public forum. Again I encourage you to lobby your local representatives to be innovative in finding ways to calm her fears. I'm even offering my time to go with you. How about if you and I schedule a meeting with Chairman Austin to discuss a way to calm her fears? We know the Chairman is available, I am available, what about you?

Willing to put some time into trying to help our neighbor calm her fears?

Of course there has to be compromise BUT the STOP ALL PROGRESS in PAULDING group is not willing to listen to anything except NO COMMERCIAL flights! Since this is NOT going to happen and everyone except this handful knows it the Airport keeps doing it's thing, the FAA keeps moving quickly towards fast-tracking the approval and Paulding will get it's NEW Silver Comet Field WITH commercial flights in the near future!

The compromise has to be...what can be done to satisfy Patti Smith that makes sense for BOTH her and the County. Until she quits threatening, posturing, and playing to the media and actually sits down with the powers that be, perhaps with a mediator?...nothing positive is going to happen with her situation.

Patti will have her day I am quite sure of that, You see thanks to the law suits that have been filed that you rant and rave about daily one has been settled, The settlement may even be explained tonight I have no idea if it will or will not be discussed. But it has allowed Patti the opportunity to speak with Government regulators and actually have them evaluate the loss in property value she has incurred..

Oh and did I mention that it also stopped the Airport Authority from doing any further work until the FAA does its environmental Assessment.... you see Patti has a Valid claim that only the FAA is willing to address the Airport Authority is not willing to address any of the concerns of the adjacent home owners. There could be millions in Paulding County Tax dollars spent just to give them the right to begin the TWO FLIGHTS PER WEEK, which in no way will support just the Maintenance and up keep alone of a commercialairport

I watched the video. At this point, if all of this is true shame on all of them, Todd included.

I agree that Pattie has every right to speak and say what ever she wants. Try to take away my free speech and you will see one mad woman hell on wheels.

I would like to know where she lives and how much she has lost on the value of her property.

And just to clarify, the airport is here and I think we should make the best use if it. I would like to see small commercial flights. But the way it was done I'm beginning to believe was wrong.

I watched the video. At this point, if all of this is true shame on all of them, Todd included.

I agree that Pattie has every right to speak and say what ever she wants. Try to take away my free speech and you will see one mad woman hell on wheels.

I would like to know where she lives and how much she has lost on the value of her property.

And just to clarify, the airport is here and I think we should make the best use if it. I would like to see small commercial flights. But the way it was done I'm beginning to believe was wrong.

With proper management and a good business plan the airport has a good chance of being successful as a general Aviation Airport ( which is what it was built for) Those in power chose to convert to a Commercial Passenger facility, The airport was mot designed for that Millions will eventually have to be spent for this conversion. If those millions were being spent to provide hangar space as well as buildings that would provide for Maintenance and repair operations then the airport could possibly be something other than a money pit.

When you remove all the talking points and just take a look at the facts $67,000,000 has been spent, no one has denied that, which tells me that it is much more than that. We have created three jobs, we were promised much more than that in 2004.this administration has been given a free rein for going on six years to spend our tax dollars to make in a profitable endeavor, They have failed...

The five year plan calls for another $38,000,000 which was stated at the Airport authority meeting a couple of months ago. where is the business plan that will recoup at least part of this investment? At some point our tax dollars have got to cease being poured into this bottomless pit.

Develop the airport for what it was built for.

Forget about the Commercial flights. We do not have enough Tax dollars to fight the City Of Atlanta or Hartsfield Jackson Airport, To try and compete with them to take away 3 to 4 million passengers which is at best a really silly and stupid business decision made by the Paulding County Airport Authority

You demonstrate exactly the attributes you accuse her of. Only yours are by anonymous writing on a public forum. Again I encourage you to lobby your local representatives to be innovative in finding ways to calm her fears. I'm even offering my time to go with you. How about if you and I schedule a meeting with Chairman Austin to discuss a way to calm her fears? We know the Chairman is available, I am available, what about you?

Willing to put some time into trying to help our neighbor calm her fears?

I wonder why CPR is not willing to join with you and meet with Chairman Austin as you suggest.

Based on her post she does seem to be very interested in the entire Airport issue. maybe she will come and meet with you secretly at tonight's meeting?

STOP trying to scare folks...The Yorkville area is no more "in the cross hairs" of ANYTHING...No more than us who live here in East Paulding are from DOBBINS!

Wow Yorkville is what one mile from the end of the existing runway, and you want to compare that with Dobbins??? Girl get real!!!!

I wonder why CPR is not willing to join with you and meet with Chairman Austin as you suggest.

Based on her post she does seem to be very interested in the entire Airport issue. maybe she will come and meet with you secretly at tonight's meeting?

First how do you know I am a "SHE"...you been "peeking"...

CPR is not going to be "baited" into a meeting just so you can find out who I am...I would lose my inside info from both sides if I did that and for now I like hearing both sides takes...

You have a neutral person who has volunteered several times Steven Lang, and based on his qualifications he posted he seems very knowledgeable.

<br />And if commercial air flights are permitted that little community of Yorkville Georgia is right in the cross hairs of Silver Comet Field<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Yes it is, eerily similar to what we have going on here. Note, the airport they mention is rarely used but the neighborhood is destroyed.

First how do you know I am a "SHE"...you been "peeking"...

CPR is not going to be "baited" into a meeting just so you can find out who I am...I would lose my inside info from both sides if I did that and for now I like hearing both sides takes...

You have a neutral person who has volunteered several times Steven Lang, and based on his qualifications he posted he seems very knowledgeable.

Because your slip was showing a few minutes ago. A real dead give away, Been knowing who you were for some time, Will out you when the time comes.... Just got to give you and David a little more rope. We do have some of the same friends!!!

I would like to see compromise.

It is going to be difficult if not impossible.

I have seen it happen before that when you have a cause you will take any support you can get.

A compromise can not address the many reasons that people are on this band wagon.

Some truly want that airport gone and to fail.

I don't see that we can compromise with those folks.

Some want us to remain a small bedroom community and don't want anymore building of anything.

I can see no compromise in that.

There are those that are politically motivated and want commissioners removed and want others in their places.

They won't compromise either.

We have people that believe that their quality of life will be ruined by commercial flight close to their homes.

There is room for compromise there, something along the lines of buying them out and allowing them to relocate in exchange for dropping the lawsuit.

I am pretty sure there would have to be a pretty good size bond to make that happen.

Would there be public out cry against having to pay that much out?

I don't see a single solution to the multiple issues, so there is no single solution that allows the airport to function successfully.

An airport is only successful when many planes fly in and out of it. The bigger the planes, the higher the value, the more tax the county collects.

It is damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

We have come to far to do nothing.

There should have been a town hall meeting scheduled as soon as possible.

I don't know if there is still room for that or if it would make a difference.

I am sad that this issue is tearing this county a apart. I am sad that many have lost faith in the commissioners that I still hold in high regard.

Some of the criticism they have earned, but it is never too late to go to your constituents and say that hindsight is 20/20 and I wish we would have done it differently.

To quote Tommy Graham "I think you got some bad advice"

It is still up to the commissioners to make that airport a success that pays for itself. They may have to go about it differently but they still have to do that.

There is a lot of talk about replacing post commissioners in the next election.

People need to think long and hard because the task set before them will still be to make it a success. I certainly hope that among all the anti group that they have a compromise in mind that will allow that airport to be successful.

• Like 1

Agreed, I want the airport to be a success and if a small commercial operation will do that fine. However, having the county spend (or guarantee) many millions of dollars on an operation that may or may not cover costs to be is questionable. Have the BOC/AA place their business plan out here and show us how this is a good deal for the county.

Besides, I still can't figure out why the rush. The economy and the tornado obviously had a serious impact on the revenue stream from the airport. A private field is still possible if we give it time for the business to grow. The FAA obviously thought a field was needed here or they would not have put so much cash into it.

This just looks too much like a rush job for me.

• Like 1
<br />Agreed, I want the airport to be a success and if a small commercial operation will do that fine.  However, having the county spend (or guarantee) many millions of dollars on an operation that may or may not cover costs to be is questionable.   Have the BOC/AA place their business plan out here and show us how this is a good deal for the county. <br /><br />Besides, I still can't figure out why the rush.  The economy and the tornado obviously had a serious impact on the revenue stream from the airport.  A private field is still possible if we give it time for the business to grow.   The FAA obviously thought a field was needed here or they would not have put so much cash into it. <br /><br />This just looks too much like a rush job for me.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

A general aviation airport is fine, you cannot "limit" the number of flights. A private company will be running the show, there is no provision in the contract to only have a couple flights a week or even a couple flights a day.

Leave it as a general aviation airport and bring in the MRO and industrial park. Leave the commercial flights out of it and we've got a deal.

I would like to see compromise.

It is going to be difficult if not impossible.

I have seen it happen before that when you have a cause you will take any support you can get.

A compromise can not address the many reasons that people are on this band wagon.

Some truly want that airport gone and to fail.

I don't see that we can compromise with those folks.

Some want us to remain a small bedroom community and don't want anymore building of anything.

I can see no compromise in that.

There are those that are politically motivated and want commissioners removed and want others in their places.

They won't compromise either.

We have people that believe that their quality of life will be ruined by commercial flight close to their homes.

There is room for compromise there, something along the lines of buying them out and allowing them to relocate in exchange for dropping the lawsuit.

I am pretty sure there would have to be a pretty good size bond to make that happen.

Would there be public out cry against having to pay that much out?

I don't see a single solution to the multiple issues, so there is no single solution that allows the airport to function successfully.

An airport is only successful when many planes fly in and out of it. The bigger the planes, the higher the value, the more tax the county collects.

It is damned if you do and damned if you don't situation.

We have come to far to do nothing.

There should have been a town hall meeting scheduled as soon as possible.

I don't know if there is still room for that or if it would make a difference.

I am sad that this issue is tearing this county a apart. I am sad that many have lost faith in the commissioners that I still hold in high regard.

Some of the criticism they have earned, but it is never too late to go to your constituents and say that hindsight is 20/20 and I wish we would have done it differently.

To quote Tommy Graham "I think you got some bad advice"

It is still up to the commissioners to make that airport a success that pays for itself. They may have to go about it differently but they still have to do that.

There is a lot of talk about replacing post commissioners in the next election.

People need to think long and hard because the task set before them will still be to make it a success. I certainly hope that among all the anti group that they have a compromise in mind that will allow that airport to be successful.

Since you come down on the side of the pro group what compromise do you propose?

LPPT:

"I don't believe in compromise," said Rep. Tom Graves (GA-14). He's our congressman and that was one of the first things he spoke me even before the district was live.

It is a common thread in the extreme politics being played today and the idea is to get extremists into office. Extremists use the tool of polarizing issues to focus elections and put their candidates in office.

The airport issue is too polarizing and the election is too close for there to be any compromise. Those on the right are fond of quoting Obama aide Rahm Emmanuel "You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

The point is those groups you suggest are unwilling to compromise either will or will not field candidates for that election to provide a spectrum of solutions or, more probably, their particular agendas.

That they had to stretch the truth, make unfounded allegations of being on the take, making power grabs, etc. is just, well inevitable because that the way we've been taught to play politics by the talking heads and political pundits. Yep, bomb throwing and character assassination is the only way to choose elected leaders and is American as apple pie.

We don't know who will actually announce come noon March 7th but there is some likelihood that those subscribing to this take no prisoners approach will lead to an all out war between now in May 20th. It is kind of like the airport controversy fell right in their laps and like a dog with a used diaper, they're going to tear it up with glee.

pubby

Since you come down on the side of the pro group what compromise do you propose?

I suggested a compromise before that would have had the general assembly re-write the AA enabling legislation to force a public bond vote on any expansion beyond the 6005 feet runway or the addition of a new runway Whitey months ago.

You utter and totally rejected that at the time.

I think the ball on that score is in your court.

pubby