Paulding.com

Airport meeting on WSB News

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, I don't know..I thought it was very informative...if you didn't want to know anything except that they could care less what the public thought...

I really feel like David Austin did Todd wrong.... arrogance (or cowardice) on Mr Austin's part. I will not be voting for David Austin.

I live in the same subdivision as LPPT..............Paulding airport will not affect me directly,and I don't care if Todd knew about the expansion or not.   What I do care about and every one should

Wondering how Jamie Gilbert knew who I was, yea he knew my real name. :angry:

Let's provide some perspective to this post. I contacted Tundra to volunteer PCED's assistance with any of the business issues she had written about in previous posts. We have provided assistance to a number of companies such as Certified DEF, Interroll, Ronchi, Simmons Engineering and Top Flight Aerostructures. When a company is upset with doing business in Paulding it would be irresponsible for PCED not to reach out to them and try to make the situation better. I asked someone which stucco company Tundra was with and was told the company and Tundra's name. I then reached out to someone Tundra trusts who is also supportive of what PCED does to let that person know I would like to help.

I guess the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished is true.

Edited by Jamie Gilbert

Let's provide some perspective to this post. I contacted Tundra to volunteer PCED's assistance with any of the business issues she had written about in previous posts. We have provided assistance to a number of companies such as Certified DEF, Interroll, Ronchi, Simmons Engineering and Top Flight Aerostructures. When a company is upset with doing business in Paulding it would be irresponsible for PCED not to reach out to them and try to make the situation better. I asked someone which stucco company Tundra was with and was told the company and Tundra's name. I then reached out to someone Tundra trusts who is also supportive of what PCED does to let that person know I would like to help.

I guess the old adage that no good deed goes unpunished is true.

Thank you for the explanation however, I was under the impression this board kept member identities private. It wasn't until I got off the phone with the person I trust that I realized you knew my name. He just mentioned you spoke to him about me.

You did absolutely nothing wrong, accept my apology this was not directed at you.I have no problem with you knowing who I am.

Edited by tundra

Thank you for the explanation however, I was under the impression this board kept member identities private. It wasn't until I got off the phone with the person I trust that I realized you knew my name. He just mentioned you called him about me.

You did absolutely nothing wrong, accept my apology this was not directed at you.I have no problem with you knowing who I am.

Thanks. No worries. My offer for assistance is open ended. Call or email me anytime.

• Like 1

The Airport Authority meeting was on the news at noon on WSB. Those concerned and asking questions were told they could not speak. They said the plans are done and "we do not need the public's approval." Arrogant much?

There will be an interview with the district commissioner who was unaware of the plans on the news this evening.

why should this be any different then the way issues have always been handled here in paulding.

Why do I find that bazaar? Google the airport location on google earth nothing for miles and miles a four lane that is deserted mostly between rush hour. Soo Paulding is headed to the big time without expressways, limited rail ect. Folks need to be glad that they are getting what we are getting considering housing and retail took most of the decent land. The 4 lanes are looking more and more doubtful as more and more structures pop up on them.

I think folks are getting way ahead of themselves. As far as I know we are reaching for some balance to give the homeowner some tax relief.

There are not that many choices, the houses were built, the schools, the parks, the courthouse, on and on. We won't even discuss foreclosure and property values.

I could say more about those hunting trouble but I will stop where I am at.

Yea, you need to double check that Google Map, I see three subdivisions to the East with many houses really close to that airport and an elementary school.

Here, you can see for yourself. It's definitley not miles and miles. Now back up the other way, West and see how many subdivisions there are. Jones Mill, Fairview and Oak something. SIX subdivisions within close proximity of the airport. One side, one side only is a wildlife management area.

https://maps.google....ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

A little further West (about another mile) you have 3 subdivisions combined with over 600 houses. Southern Trace, Sunset Meadows and White Creek along with another elementary school.

NINE subdivisions and two elementary schools are within 3 miles of the airport.

So they are still saying no impact study was required for 737s?

Edited by tundra

Yea, you need to double check that Google Map, I see three subdivisions to the East with many houses really close to that airport and an elementary school.

Here, you can see for yourself. It's definitley not miles and miles. Now back up the other way, West and see how many subdivisions there are. Jones Mill, Fairview and Oak something. SIX subdivisions within close proximity of the airport. One side, one side only is a wildlife management area.

A little further West (about another mile) you have 3 subdivisions combined with over 600 houses. Southern Trace, Sunset Meadows and White Creek along with another elementary school.

Within three miles of both Westchester County Airport in New York and Greenville Spartanburg International Airport in South Carolina are some of the highest priced subdivisions in those states. These subdivisions were all built after the airport not before.

In Westchester subdivisions are located just off the runway and many are within a mile or two of the runway.

In Greenville there are multi million dollar homes at Thornblade, one of thehighest end residential communities in Greenville, SC that are less than 3 miles from Greenville Spartanburg International Airport.

http://www.carolinahomesrealty.com/2009/06/thornblade-homes-in-greer-sc/

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=west+chester+county+airport&ie=UTF-8&ei=IRFhUrquEYjI9gTelIGoDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Home values have increased steadily in these neighborhoods not declined! In fact Thornblade touts its proximity to the airport.

http://www.thornbladeclub.com/

Also you will see BMW Manufacturing just to the east of the airport. The airport was an important factor in their selection ofthat location for their massive assembly operation.

These are just two airports out of many that have numerous residential developments around them that are closer than three miles and in which the airport has had a positive impact.

Edited by Jamie Gilbert

Within three miles of both Westchester County Airport in New York and Greenville Spartanburg International Airport in South Carolina are some of the highest priced subdivisions in those states. These subdivisions were all built after the airport not before.

In Westchester subdivisions are located just off the runway and many are within a mile or two of the runway.

In Greenville there are multi million dollar homes at Thornblade, one of thehighest end residential communities in Greenville, SC that are less than 3 miles from Greenville Spartanburg International Airport.

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=west+chester+county+airport&ie=UTF-8&ei=IRFhUrquEYjI9gTelIGoDg&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAg

Home values have increased steadily in these neighborhoods not declined!

Also you will see BMA Manufacturing just to the east of the airport. The airport was an important factor in their selection ofthat location for their massive assembly operation.

These are just two airports of many that have numerous residential developments around them and much closer than three miles.

I grew up in the shadows of the Greenville Spartanburg Jet Port and lived there till we moved here in 89. I agree with everything you say. Both the Jet Port and BMW have brought much prosperity to the area.

We celebrated when Governor Carrol Campbell lead the charge to recruit BMW and their 80 suppliers. I now have friends who have grandchildren still reaping the benefits of the former governor's efforts.

I think the difference between Greenville Spartanburg and Paulding County is the absence of openness and intererity shown recently. Our local government in my opinion is much like our Federal government... It's broken. I compare the recent local developments as much like ObamaCare... "Trust us, believe us when we tell you it's good for you".

I'm watching the news this morning as Obama slams the Republicans for the government shutdown. I am sickened on the local level just like I am on the federal level. I have the same advice for our local leadership as I do for our president and congress leaders. Lock yourselves in a room with a neutral leader and stay locked in the room till you can come out and stand together united.

I grew up in the shadows of the Greenville Spartanburg Jet Port and lived there till we moved here in 89. I agree with everything you say. Both the Jet Port and BMW have brought much prosperity to the area.

We celebrated when Governor Carrol Campbell lead the charge to recruit BMW and their 80 suppliers. I now have friends who have grandchildren still reaping the benefits of the former governor's efforts.

I think the difference between Greenville Spartanburg and Paulding County is the absence of openness and intererity shown recently. Our local government in my opinion is much like our Federal government... It's broken. I compare the recent local developments as much like ObamaCare... "Trust us, believe us when we tell you it's good for you".

I'm watching the news this morning as Obama slams the Republicans for the government shutdown. I am sickened on the local level just like I am on the federal level. I have the same advice for our local leadership as I do for our president and congress leaders. Lock yourselves in a room with a neutral leader and stay locked in the room till you can come out and stand together united.

All anyone needs to do to understand why there was such secrecy involved with this decision is look at the IMMEDIATE REACTION from Delta and the City of Atlanta. Had those two groups been aware of the project it would have been immediately derailed by them. With a year of work going into this they have little to no chance of thwarting it. That is why it was kept quiet.

All anyone needs to do to understand why there was such secrecy involved with this decision is look at the IMMEDIATE REACTION from Delta and the City of Atlanta. Had those two groups been aware of the project it would have been immediately derailed by them. With a year of work going into this they have little to no chance of thwarting it. That is why it was kept quiet.

I hope and Pray the lawyers for Delta and the City of Atlanta file lawsuits to delay this for years and years and literally break the bank. Money talks adn Atlanta and Delta have lots of lawyers and lots of money.... I don't want 737's landing in Paulding County!

Who'd have thought I am now a fan of Kasim Reed over Dirty David Austin?

• Like 1

I hope and Pray the lawyers for Delta and the City of Atlanta file lawsuits to delay this for years and years and literally break the bank. Money talks adn Atlanta and Delta have lots of lawyers and lots of money.... I don't want 737's landing in Paulding County!

There will be no lawsuits from either.

That's no excuse for keeping it secret from a post commissioner who was

duly elected by the citizens and taxpayers to represent their interests.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Home values have increased steadily in these neighborhoods not declined! In fact Thornblade touts its proximity to the airport.

http://www.thornbladeclub.com/

Also you will see BMW Manufacturing just to the east of the airport. The airport was an important factor in their selection ofthat location for their massive assembly operation.

These are just two airports out of many that have numerous residential developments around them that are closer than three miles and in which the airport has had a positive impact.

That is so awesome!! I'm sure those residents of Clear Creek will be so excited to hear this. Their home values are going up!! :yahoo:

The fact is we have an airport, folks that vote locally voted no, got it anyway. The county and the taxpayers are on the hook. It is a fact, if we let it go back to the feds nobody local with have any say so over what ends up there. It is a rock and a hard place.

Lets get down to the real issue and that is the messes left behind by our progress and growth. We know who they are because they have turned to media after being railroaded so badly by the county they have no place to turn.

I don't believe in taking or harming other peoples land. If we are going to be progressive then it needs to be part of the price tag.

We can look back and see this is not always done, so there is a really big chunk of distrust.

I agree with Feelup that this is one of the best and most balanced commissions the county has had. I don't always agree with them and the issue of the skeletons in the closet is one of them. I have no issue with Todd, we need someone that ask questions and watches, the rest of the commission may not appreciate it, but he is important in that.

Back to the skeletons, those that have truly been harmed by progress.

I agree that those sitting practically under the runway are harmed, lets assume there is a criteria for what harm is.

But now we want to change the criteria that those within 5 miles of the airport are harmed, well why not make 10 miles because those folks can hear a plane too.

Same with roads and developments, someone get compensated and others that did not feel harmed suddenly do when they see someone else got paid.

I tend to be on the side of the underdog. I can definitely see where some have lost quality of life and even had land stolen.

But what is the limit, you compensate 5 families based on noise, lights ect. You are going to be inundated by lawyers that are going to argue that people 5 miles away can hear the planes also.

Because as Tundra just pointed out that people within 5 miles are negatively impacted.

It makes it impossible to compensate a few homeowners.

The best possible answer, at this point, where we accept that airport going forward will benefit a majority is commercialization and those most severely impacted are bought out privately.

I do believe nothing in this county will go easy until until the right thing is done for some that progress has truly harmed.

As a taxpayer I see the housing market in some of the subdivisions has resumed. We are not even close to bringing in a balanced tax base.

The airport area is ideal for manufacturing. The 4 lane is ideal to handle the traffic that manufacturing will bring.

That's no excuse for keeping it secret from a post commissioner who was

duly elected by the citizens and taxpayers to represent their interests.

:rolleyes:

If it wasn't kept secret then the thing was dead in the water. The announcement would have been we are negotiating with a company that has indicated that secrecy is a priority but because we are scared of backlash from our constituents we are telling you and letting it fail.

It is up to individuals to make up their own mind about the relationship between Todd and his fellow commissioners.

For whatever reason they felt like Todd would not support this and tell his constituents about the deal and kill it.

This county has people in other post, maybe those people don't want to pay taxes for lame duck airport forever.

Ultimately Todd did vote for the bonds so he must approve of the project although he was left out of the loop. I do wonder if all the lamenting of the keeping it from Todd is simply the lost chance to keep this airport in the red and those involved punished for the airport that should have never been.

Had Todd been let in and not told his constituents then he might be out of the pan and in the fire with the rest of the commission.

Maybe at the end of the day they did Todd a favor when it comes to his reputation in his district. :drinks:

If it wasn't kept secret then the thing was dead in the water. The announcement would have been we are negotiating with a company that has indicated that secrecy is a priority but because we are scared of backlash from our constituents we are telling you and letting it fail.

It is up to individuals to make up their own mind about the relationship between Todd and his fellow commissioners.

For whatever reason they felt like Todd would not support this and tell his constituents about the deal and kill it.

This county has people in other post, maybe those people don't want to pay taxes for lame duck airport forever.

Ultimately Todd did vote for the bonds so he must approve of the project although he was left out of the loop. I do wonder if all the lamenting of the keeping it from Todd is simply the lost chance to keep this airport in the red and those involved punished for the airport that should have never been.

Had Todd been let in and not told his constituents then he might be out of the pan and in the fire with the rest of the commission.

Maybe at the end of the day they did Todd a favor when it comes to his reputation in his district. :drinks:

I have a couple of questions, can this not be done without passenger flights?

And another one, what is the track record of success of Brett Smith and Propeller Investments?

It appears the county will again be on the hook for the cost if the FAA shoots this down, I've read the lease agreement. It's actually a 20 year lease with two 10 year options at the end of the lease. So the taxpayers on on the hook for the initial cost of bringing this up to be approved by the FAA.

The relationship with Todd and the rest of the commissioners is very much like the relationship of the Commissioners and the Airport Authority with the majority of the citizens of Paulding County. Want to know why so many are rallying around Todd? Perhaps it's because he knows exactly how it feels to be minimized.

Tundra, You are correct. I live in one of the stated subdivisions. I am not liking this at all. :angry2: I do not know anyone who does like the idea of a bigger airport. It may bring our property values up, BUT who would want to buy?

Tundra, You are correct. I live in one of the stated subdivisions. I am not liking this at all. :angry2: I do not know anyone who does like the idea of a bigger airport. It may bring our property values up, BUT who would want to buy?

Did you know there was an airport that close when you bought your home?

I live about 3 miles from the Cartersville airport. I hear planes all day when I pay attention. I have never been bothered or worried about it.

North Paulding school complex is a little over a mile from the airport. Nobody has ever raised any concern about the airport.

I live about 3 miles from the Cartersville airport. I hear planes all day when I pay attention. I have never been bothered or worried about it.

North Paulding school complex is a little over a mile from the airport. Nobody has ever raised any concern about the airport.

View Larger Map

No when we built our house in 1993, there wasn't a subdivision around for miles, let alone an airport. We moved here to get away from all the land gutting that was going on East of 61.

This is nothing new. It's been going on since the put in the "4 Lane" to bring all those jobs 27 years ago. We've been lied to for years.

Here's a better map.

http://www.pauldinga...ncroachment.pdf

Edited by tundra

No when we built our house in 1993, there wasn't a subdivision around for miles, let alone an airport. We moved here to get away from all the land gutting that was going on East of 61.

This is nothing new. It's been going on since the put in the "4 Lane" to bring all those jobs 27 years ago. We've been lied to for years.

Here's a better map.

http://www.pauldinga...ncroachment.pdf

I have had a park, a school complex and a Dollar store right on top of me.

The traffic has increased and it takes time to get out of my subdivision.

I had no expectations of not seeing growth on 61 when I moved here. All hwys are subject to commercialization. Every year we did not get a gas station or store on the corner I was surprised.

You know what irritates me, hoarders, people that don't take care of their houses and property to my standards.

Do you think I have a chance of seeing my will done no, absolutely not.

I don't like it I have to move and I know it.

Then my county tanks because all the eggs were in the housing business.

I don't like it, guess what I can move to where the powers that be are smarter than that.

We won't even get into the value of my well kept home being less than some cars.

I don't like it I can move and take the loss.

I have been ripped off plenty by other peoples stupid decisions.

I happen to like some of the decisions made lately and I can see some personal benefit. Guess what, people are trying to stop them and I might get screwed again. I often forget that some folks are special and they won't put up with what don't suit them.

I live in the same subdivision as LPPT..............Paulding airport will not affect me directly,and I don't care if Todd knew about the expansion or not.

What I do care about and every one should,is all the secrets.If our elected officials are allowed to get away with this under the guise of"it's good for the county"...Shame on us.I can't believe some of you are blind sheep following this lying shepherd.

The reservoir was voted yes for...it ain't even a hole in the ground yet.But it was all public knowledge.

We even held public meeting and a vote on the greenspace..

We the people are sick of the secrets and dirty politics.

• Like 4

I have had a park, a school complex and a Dollar store right on top of me.

The traffic has increased and it takes time to get out of my subdivision.

I had no expectations of not seeing growth on 61 when I moved here. All hwys are subject to commercialization. Every year we did not get a gas station or store on the corner I was surprised.

You know what irritates me, hoarders, people that don't take care of their houses and property to my standards.

Do you think I have a chance of seeing my will done no, absolutely not.

I don't like it I have to move and I know it.

Then my county tanks because all the eggs were in the housing business.

I don't like it, guess what I can move to where the powers that be are smarter than that.

We won't even get into the value of my well kept home being less than some cars.

I don't like it I can move and take the loss.

I have been ripped off plenty by other peoples stupid decisions.

I happen to like some of the decisions made lately and I can see some personal benefit. Guess what, people are trying to stop them and I might get screwed again. I often forget that some folks are special and they won't put up with what don't suit them.

I live within a mile from where the airport is. I moved here long before the county pushed it down my throat. I moved from Hiram( where my family has DEEP Roots) because of the growth. So I quess I am the 11th person that does not want Commercial Flights. I have one question for Paulding County that never seems to get answered. What are you doing about the Meth Heads, Punk wanta be gangs, Corner money beggers, Furlough Employees, low moral in your County Jobs, low moral in your citizens, uneducated highschool drop outs?

• Like 1

I live within a mile from where the airport is. I moved here long before the county pushed it down my throat. I moved from Hiram( where my family has DEEP Roots) because of the growth. So I quess I am the 11th person that does not want Commercial Flights. I have one question for Paulding County that never seems to get answered. What are you doing about the Meth Heads, Punk wanta be gangs, Corner money beggers, Furlough Employees, low moral in your County Jobs, low moral in your citizens, uneducated highschool drop outs?

And all the empty buildings in and around the downtown area where those meth heads and punks congregate. Businesses that are long gone.

I'd also like to know when we're going to get our gravel road leveled and regraveled. It's only been 2 years and 6 phone calls in the last few months. Seems like the county has lots of money to spend at the airport.

Looks like they are going to pave the top coat on all the subdivisions. That;s only $4.5MILLION.

I want to know what happened to all the performance bonds the developers were supposed to provide the county with in case they went bust before completing their responsibilities.

Looks like they are going to pave the top coat on all the subdivisions. That;s only $4.5MILLION.

I want to know what happened to all the performance bonds the developers were supposed to provide the county with in case they went bust before completing their responsibilities.

See that's the thing about performance bonds. They are only as good as your assets. When you have 150 - million dollar bonds, you need to have 150 million dollars in assets to cover them. Now will every project you are covered with that million go bad? Probably not unless the bottom falls out of the housing market and the money dries up.

Bonds are basically useless, they are really only good for ONE project. When you have multiple projects going on at the same time, the bond is only as good as your assets.

Edited by tundra

There will be no lawsuits from either.

http://www.ajc.com/ap/ap/transportation/plan-to-expand-airport-operations-in-paulding-co/nbFkb/

Accoring to the AJC:

The project drew immediate criticism from Delta Air Lines CEO Richard Anderson, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"With the city of Atlanta and Mayor (Kasim) Reed, we will work together to oppose any investment in that facility," Anderson told the newspaper.

Delta has opposed the idea of a second commercial airport in metro Atlanta.

"Hartsfield-Jackson is the best, most important airport in the Southeast, if not in the United States," Anderson said. "And resources should not be dissipated for a facility that will take an enormous amount of cash and ultimately be an economic and community failure."

http://www.ajc.com/a...lding-co/nbFkb/

Accoring to the AJC:

The project drew immediate criticism from Delta Air Lines CEO Richard Anderson, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

"With the city of Atlanta and Mayor (Kasim) Reed, we will work together to oppose any investment in that facility," Anderson told the newspaper.

Delta has opposed the idea of a second commercial airport in metro Atlanta.

"Hartsfield-Jackson is the best, most important airport in the Southeast, if not in the United States," Anderson said. "And resources should not be dissipated for a facility that will take an enormous amount of cash and ultimately be an economic and community failure."

Kasheem can't let that honey pot for in the clique blacks in Atlanta be threatened by a bunch of hicks out in Paulding County. Hell, that right there should tell you all you need to know.

• Like 1

Kasheem can't let that honey pot for in the clique blacks in Atlanta be threatened by a bunch of hicks out in Paulding County. Hell, that right there should tell you all you need to know.

I'm wondering if Delta or Atlanta brings action against us who pays to protect us???

Paulding County I'm guessing covers the legal fees on this end.

I'm also guessing what could be millions to us, will be pocket change to Delta and Atlanta.

To be perfectly transparent. I'm in favor of creating jobs at the airport. I am not in favor of exposing us to millions of dollars of risk if it's proven later it's not a good deal for us.

Hopefully Pubby will be able to obtain a copy of the total agreement and post it here. I'm also waiting to see the email posted where Todd was supposedly notified of the proposed agreement.

This was released on October 15 by the AJC

<h1>Paulding airport plan born in secrecy

By Kelly Yamanouchi - The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

<snip>

A closed session discussion the day before Thanksgiving, a confidentiality pact and a code name: Silver Comet. That's how Paulding County officials managed for about a year to keep the lid on an historic plan to bring airline service to a second commercial airport in metro Atlanta. Last Nov. 21, airport authority board members came out of an executive session closed to the public and quickly voted to approve an airport terminal lease with an entity called Silver Comet, according to minutes and a video of the meeting taken by a local business person who attended. None of the authority members mentioned that Silver Comet was created by the CEO of Propeller Investments, a company that tried to bring airline service to Gwinnett County's Briscoe Field but was blocked by public opposition. Or that they had agreed to keep Propeller's involvement quiet. "When you say Silver Comet out here, we think the trail, not the airport," said Paulding resident Susan Wilkins. Since the Propeller lease was publicly announced last week she's created a Facebook page called "Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion" and launched an online petition. She thinks the Silver Comet name was a way to keep the public in the dark about Propeller's involvement. "People had no idea," she said. It's yet unclear whether opposition will gel into a legal challenge or other efforts to torpedo the project in Paulding, where county officials and some residents think a busier airport with limited airline service will help lure aviation-related businesses and needed jobs.

http://www.myajc.com...btomyajc_launch

Edited by tundra

I'm wondering if Delta or Atlanta brings action against us who pays to protect us???

Paulding County I'm guessing covers the legal fees on this end.

I'm also guessing what could be millions to us, will be pocket change to Delta and Atlanta.

To be perfectly transparent. I'm in favor of creating jobs at the airport. I am not in favor of exposing us to millions of dollars of risk if it's proven later it's not a good deal for us.

Hopefully Pubby will be able to obtain a copy of the total agreement and post it here. I'm also waiting to see the email posted where Todd was supposedly notified of the proposed agreement.

The lease is between the Industrial Building Authority and Silver Comet Terminal Partners, LLC

Easy to obtain through the open records act.

I live in the same subdivision as LPPT..............Paulding airport will not affect me directly,and I don't care if Todd knew about the expansion or not.

What I do care about and every one should,is all the secrets.If our elected officials are allowed to get away with this under the guise of"it's good for the county"...Shame on us.I can't believe some of you are blind sheep following this lying shepherd.

The reservoir was voted yes for...it ain't even a hole in the ground yet.But it was all public knowledge.

We even held public meeting and a vote on the greenspace..

We the people are sick of the secrets and dirty politics.

AMEN AND AMEN. And amen AGAIN!!! :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

• Like 1

You are absolutely correct, there is a right way and a wrong way to do everything.

I understand the nuts and bolts of the airport. Why the county is doing what they are doing and most definitely why.

I know where some folks stand on the issue, nothing short of the thing bombed and wiped off the face of the earth will do.

But the disrespect,the arrogance is fuel on the flames. For the first time I am actually thinking about the karma of the airport and it's history.

The successful air show, the prospect of 1000's of well paying jobs should be positive. The majority of people should be pleased and proud.

All the hard work and money are coming to fruition.

I took a look with google earth, around 5 homes are being negatively impacted due to the the direction of the runway. Another 100 may actually be able to hear planes, but are out of the path of take off and landing.

Also the mayor of Atlanta and Delta are not done with us by a long shot.

We should be behind our leaders, as in how dare them try to deny us 1000's of above average jobs for our people.

There should be no negativity at this point, but yet there is plenty. Why? that's all why?

I think it may be time to stop looking at the folks that disagree and start looking at some attitudes. Nobody likes having salt rubbed in their wounds by those with a superior attitude.

It's not just the airport issues, it is a lot of others also and at the bottom of it every time is arrogance and disrespect.

I have tried to be positive and supportive, because I love business, I love growth and most of all prosperity for as many that want to reach for it.

It really is getting harder. :(

Google the area, not many folks will deal with noise if at all.

VOTE EVERY ONE OF THE A HOLES OUT! If it was up to me the airport would be gone. No one wanted this crap, but it has been forced on us by the

powers that be. What we need to do is everyone call the Atlanta mayors office and tell them how bad we don't want this forced on us without

any vote or anything. We stopped this the last time they tried to build a airport that is why the did this with out the public knowing.

Economic development is going well and the airport absolutely is a big plus in the game.

I am beginning to worry about companies asking why Paulding citizens cop an attitude towards economic development.

Most folks want well paying jobs, they want decent value in their homes, those that are in business for themselves benefit. There really are no negatives.

Why are people so negative? We have all new commissioners, we have new blood in the county as far as big players.

There is a problem, time to find it and deal with it.

Tell me how many jobs the movie place the county put in with out anyone knowing until it was done, has created. If people wanted jobs

they should have stayed in Atlanta and not came here to make problems for the rest of us.

AMEN!