Paulding.com

Air conditiong tip.

I just noticed we've had a lot of jobs recently for a/c s not cooling and when we go out to do the repair, its basically a problem caused by dirty filters. The filters get clogged up and it causes the system to freeze up.

Sooooo do yourself a favor and change those filters.

If you haven't had your system serviced in a while we are running a special.....A/C tune up for $69. Includes filter change. You won't believe how much accumulated dust can affect the performance of your system. Dirty/dusty systems also increase energy cost.

Give us a call if you'd like to schedule a tune up.

I just noticed we've had a lot of jobs recently for a/c s not cooing and when we go out to do the repair, its basically a problem caused by dirty filters. The filters get clogged up and it causes the system to freeze up.

Sooooo do yourself a favor and change those filters.

If you haven't had your system serviced in a while we are running a special.....A/C tune up for $69. Includes filter change. You won't believe how much accumulated dust can affect the performance of your system. Dirty/dusty systems also increase energy cost.

Give us a call if you'd like to schedule a tune up.

Thanks for the tip.

You are very welcome. :)

YOu are talking abouty the filters in the house, right? there is not filter on the outside unit, is there? Sorry of that is a stupid question...........sometimes I am so blonde!!!

YOu are talking abouty the filters in the house, right? there is not filter on the outside unit, is there? Sorry of that is a stupid question...........sometimes I am so blonde!!!

Ha ha. Thats not a stupid question at all.

Yes, the filters should be in the part of your heating and air system that is in the house. Mine is in my basement. There should be a failry obvious door to take off to change the filters.

Don't hesitate to call if you can't find it.

Thanks for the reminder. Yuck, now I have to go up into my 150 degree attic. <_<

Wait until tomorrow in the early am. Buy your filter(s) tonight.

:wacko:

Ha ha. Thats not a stupid question at all.

Yes, the filters should be in the part of your heating and air system that is in the house. Mine is in my basement. There should be a failry obvious door to take off to change the filters.

Don't hesitate to call if you can't find it.

Thanks! That is where we change them, just wanted to make sure there wasn't another place for filters that I didn't know about!!! :wacko: My husband is fantastic, but a complete idiot when it comes to ANYTHING around the house!! :blush:

Changing the filter every time the electric bill is due is a great idea, and when you change them frequently the cheapest filters work fine.

You are right! And if you can't change them every month, atleast change them every month your system is having to work hard, like now! :)

It took us FOREVER!! to find the filter in my house. The unit is in the basement and there is no obvious door. We had 2 people come out and couldn't find it. We finally found someone who could. It was a small piece of metal at the bottom of the unit that you have to remove with a screwdriver and then wiggle the filter out. It is a major pain in the butt to replace! <_< but glad we finally found it.

It took us FOREVER!! to find the filter in my house. The unit is in the basement and there is no obvious door. We had 2 people come out and couldn't find it. We finally found someone who could. It was a small piece of metal at the bottom of the unit that you have to remove with a screwdriver and then wiggle the filter out. It is a major pain in the butt to replace! dry.gif but glad we finally found it.

OH MY! That is ridiculous. Don't know why they have to make it so hard to find the filter. Glad you found it.

You are right! And if you can't change them every month, atleast change them every month your system is having to work hard, like now! :)

Especially if you have pets! You would be surprised how much difference it makes even if your pet doesn`t shed much. I have 3 dogs so at times we changes our filters every 2 weeks. And yes, the cheap ones do the job just fine when you change them that often.

We have three dogs and a bird, so I change the filters every month. However, I did not realize the cheap filters would be just fine, that's good info to have. Several years ago, I ordered a hinged vent/grill for the hot air return in the hallway so that it would be easier for me to replace filters in there too.

When Scott from Pinnacle came to my house, he pointed out to me that I put my downstairs filter in 'backwards'.

And he didn't laugh at me !

Whoever built this house .. I don't know why .. to get to the attic to change the filter ..

I have to crawl across my attic on wooden beams :(

It's crazy

When Scott from Pinnacle came to my house, he pointed out to me that I put my downstairs filter in 'backwards'.

Whoever built this house .. I don't know why .. to get to the attic to change the filter ..

It's crazy

I've often wondered how you know if it is in backwards?????? One side has the cardboard on it and the other side doesn't, so how do you know ????

We learned today... 2 or 3 times a summer- spray down the outside part of the ac with Greased Lightening or 409 and let it sit. Then spray it off to rid your unit of built up dirt and possibly dryer lint. If the unit cannot pull air in- the compasitor (sp) will blow and your house will be hotter than crap! :cray:

We change our filter once a month.

I've often wondered how you know if it is in backwards?????? One side has the cardboard on it and the other side doesn't, so how do you know ????

The arrow on a furnace air filter should point in the direction of the air flow

Now that he put it in the right way , I will just always make sure I put it in the same way

It's crazy

Ha ha. Thats funny. I bet he has seen that a lot. I'm sure mine would be in backwards too if I was the one doing it. :)

Ugg thats awful you have to go in the attic to change the filters. I always worry about the HVAC equipment in the attic. I'm always afraid its going to come through the roof. Ofcourse I worry about a lot of crazy stuff. :)

• 3 weeks later...

It took us FOREVER!! to find the filter in my house. The unit is in the basement and there is no obvious door. We had 2 people come out and couldn't find it. We finally found someone who could. It was a small piece of metal at the bottom of the unit that you have to remove with a screwdriver and then wiggle the filter out. It is a major pain in the butt to replace! <_< but glad we finally found it.

My MIL's is in the attic and I don't think it has ever been changed because she will only let the man from her church do anything with it <_<

We learned today... 2 or 3 times a summer- spray down the outside part of the ac with Greased Lightening or 409 and let it sit. Then spray it off to rid your unit of built up dirt and possibly dryer lint.

The dryer vent is directly over the a/c unit here :wacko: