Paulding.com

GOP Meet & Greet at White Oak Park

Questions abound!

Will the illusive Tony Crowe show up for this event ? I don't believe he has made an event yet has he ?

Which of our statewide candidates will attend ?

I may go just to see if someone is going to whoop Ithy's butt for what he has been publishing in his rag this week.ninja.gifninja.gif

• Like 1

Questions abound!

Will the illusive Tony Crowe show up for this event ? I don't believe he has made an event yet has he ?

I may go just to see if someone is going to whoop Ithy's butt for what he has been publishing in his rag this week.ninja.gifninja.gif

Add Pete Bridges to that list. It is like buying a pig in a poke to vote for someone you have no info on and have not met. Bill Heath does show up and answer questions. I can't go tomorrow I wish I could. You guys take a camera and put some clips on P.com.

I have met Tony Crowe. Seems like a nice fella.

I assume Pubby, or someone from his staff will be there filming.

Does anyone know if there will be munchies and liquid refreshments ? Cause it is going to be DAYAM hot and brutal out their.

I am assuming David Barnett and Todd Pownall are going to be looking to have a "Pow-Wow" with good old Ithy after his slanderous remarks concerning their involvement with the Paulding Builders Association posted to his Paulding Examiner Rag.

I want ring side seats for that. David is kind of a big fella, and as I recall Ithy is a bit of a little guy. But hey, he will have Beverly, Jason and Vernon to watch out for him.

Add Pete Bridges to that list. It is like buying a pig in a poke to vote for someone you have no info on and have not met. Bill Heath does show up and answer questions. I can't go tomorrow I wish I could. You guys take a camera and put some clips on P.com.

I have met Tony Crowe. Seems like a nice fella.

From local GOP website:

U.S. Senate:

Sen. Johnny Isakson Campaign

U.S. Representative, District 11:

Congressman Phil Gingrey

Georgia Governor:

John Oxendine Campaign

Nathan Deal Campaign

Karen Handel Campaign

GA Secretary Of State:

Doug MacGinnittie

Georgia Attorney General:

Max Wood Campaign

Preston Smith Campaign

Georgia Insurance Commissioner:

Gerry Purcell (2nd half of event)

Seth Harp Campaign

Georgia Agriculture Commissioner:

Gary Black

Georgia Labor Commissioner:

Melvin Emerson

Mark Butler

Georgia State School Superintendent:

Richard Woods

Public Service Commission, District 2 – Eastern:

Jeff May

Paulding County Commissioners Race:

Beverly Cochran – Post 2

Vernon Collett – Post 3

Adam Gregory – Post 2

Earl Cosgrove – Post 4

Jason Anavitarte – Post 4

Todd Pownall – Post 2

David Barnett – Post 4

Paulding County District Attorney:

Dick Donovan

Drew Lane

Chad Plumley

State Senator, District 31:

Pete Bridges

Sen. Bill Heath

Paulding County Georgia House District 19:

Paulette Rakestraw-Braddock

Steve R. Golden

Rep. Daniel Stout

Paulding County District 2 School Board:

Nick Chester

And yes - refreshments are available.

Questions abound!

LOL. Can't resist posting. He already has demostrated getting "whooped, punched" just in his own hood (simple HOA mtg.). Then he goes off on his right to bare arms. OK, we all have that right to do so, so WTF why spread the word about always packing? What gets me laughing he has stated on this board, or another board, about having thoughts for running for an elected political position.

Nuff said, LMAO

Shouldn't this be in the political forum.

I may be paraphrasing Pubby, but I believe the ground rules state that LOCAL races can be left in the countywide news or the Cafe. If it moves to state/federal, then it goes to the political forum.

Looks like this needs to be in the surepip-pokes-fun-at-former-member-who-can-no-longer-speak-in-his-own-defense forum.

The ever popular move of a true cad.

Nice job, surepip.

You should be proud.

• Like 2

Looks like this needs to be in the surepip-pokes-fun-at-former-member-who-can-no-longer-speak-in-his-own-defense forum.

The ever popular move of a true cad.

Nice job, surepip.

You should be proud.

What is your beef ?

Pubby, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't what I stated the basic ground rule ?

I may go just to see if someone is going to whoop Ithy's butt for what he has been publishing in his rag this week

I am assuming David Barnett and Todd Pownall are going to be looking to have a "Pow-Wow" with good old Ithy after his slanderous remarks concerning their involvement with the Paulding Builders Association posted to his Paulding Examiner Rag.

I want ring side seats for that. David is kind of a big fella, and as I recall Ithy is a bit of a little guy. But hey, he will have Beverly, Jason and Vernon to watch out for him.

What is your beef ?

Pubby, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't what I stated the basic ground rule ?

My 'beef' is that you seem more concerned with the possibility of 'ithy' getting into it with people and less concerned with the meet and greet.

My 'beef' is that you make these claims about remarks made and the person who you make the claims against is banned and cannot defend himself.

But this all about a GOP meet and greet, right?

My 'beef' is that you seem more concerned with the possibility of 'ithy' getting into it with people and less concerned with the meet and greet.

My 'beef' is that you make these claims about remarks made and the person who you make the claims against is banned and cannot defend himself.

I think if he is going to continue to be talked about in this way he needs to be able to speak to it himself. Folks need to stop messing with him and using his name if he is muzzled.

I think if he is going to continue to be talked about in this way he needs to be able to speak to it himself. Folks need to stop messing with him and using his name if he is muzzled.

My point exactly.

I actually support quite a few Republican candidates state wide, and for the commission seats.

I have to kind of chuckle knowing Ithy can read, but not post. Reckon he will blow a head-gasket ?

I actually support quite a few Republican candidates state wide, and for the commission seats.

I have to kind of chuckle knowing Ithy can read, but not post. Reckon he will blow a head-gasket ?

My issue is not with who you support... nor is it with ithys head-gasket.

My issue is that you have exhibited bad form and you know it.

• Like 1

My personal opinion here; if Chris is not allowed to post (which is Pubby's right to not allow him to) then he should not be the topic of conversation. The people now "trashing" him and making jokes/comments at his expense are showing how childish they really are. (enjoying it, really???!!) I have seen his name in many posts/thread and I particularly do not care what he is doing, he is not on any ballot. Why do we have free rein to speak of someone that is not actually running in the races? This is seriously messed up and wrong. I do not always agree with his posts or who he supports (and if allowed here I would have been asking him about all that was in the letter), but this public ridicule of a person not running is way over the line. I don't care which side you stand on, what you put out, who you support, if your real name was being used and all that has been said about him was about you, I would write the same thing. This is wrong and really unfathomable that is has been let to continue.

This whole race on both sides is getting ridiculous.

• Like 2

If the personal attacks continue with PT, then I'll be more than glad to post an email from him to respond to what is being said. Pubby's personal hatred and tacky business owner ethics haven't stopped I see. Nice job pip. If you want to trash him, do it somewhere else. If not, I'll open up a form of communication for you. Copy and paste works wonders. :good:

• Like 1

My personal opinion here; if Chris is not allowed to post (which is Pubby's right to not allow him to) then he should not be the topic of conversation. The people now "trashing" him and making jokes/comments at his expense are showing how childish they really are. (enjoying it, really???!!) I have seen his name in many posts/thread and I particularly do not care what he is doing, he is not on any ballot. Why do we have free rein to speak of someone that is not actually running in the races? This is seriously messed up and wrong. I do not always agree with his posts or who he supports (and if allowed here I would have been asking him about all that was in the letter), but this public ridicule of a person not running is way over the line. I don't care which side you stand on, what you put out, who you support, if your real name was being used and all that has been said about him was about you, I would write the same thing. This is wrong and really unfathomable that is has been let to continue.

This whole race on both sides is getting ridiculous.

But then again, you have Chris's Examiner Blog site where he does indeed take the opportunity to smear and bash other GOP candidates he does not support.

I believe local races should not be in the cafe. I believe the rules say it can go in County Wide News. And I also believe anyone can post a comment in the Examiner's site. Sooooooo, anyone can post over there but Chris can't post over here. ;)

But then again, you have Chris's Examiner Blog site where he does indeed take the opportunity to smear and bash other GOP candidates he does not support.

Totally Different.

First, he can not post here.

Second, that is the same as you/anyone bashing a candidate here.

Third, my point is he is NOT a candidate so why is it allowed for him to be bashed in numerous posts/threads?

Fourth, how many users are there on that blog compared to p.com?

Fifth, if you so feel you can go over there and post.

edited for spelling, crackberry is not on the ball today! :)

Edited by bellaprincess

Fifth, if you so feel you can go over there and post.

Does that mean that if the USA Today posts an article, we should never comment on it here? How about the AJC?

Sorry, I have to disagree, this is a site for LOCAL discussion of whatever we wish to discuss, be it national news or a local blogger. Being local actually makes is more of a legit topic here, not less.

I've been called on the carpet for comments I've posted here in the past and expect to be in the future if people disagree. It's the nature of the business. If the writer under discussion wishes to not be discussed, he should stop publishing his blog on line. Once it's on line and accessable to the general public, it's open season on it.

JMHO.

Does that mean that if the USA Today posts an article, we should never comment on it here? How about the AJC?

Sorry, I have to disagree, this is a site for LOCAL discussion of whatever we wish to discuss, be it national news or a local blogger. Being local actually makes is more of a legit topic here, not less.

I've been called on the carpet for comments I've posted here in the past and expect to be in the future if people disagree. It's the nature of the business. If the writer under discussion wishes to not be discussed, he should stop publishing his blog on line. Once it's on line and accessable to the general public, it's open season on it.

JMHO.

Not the same. I know you as Sound Guy. I knew Chris as Ithy/PT until the crud hit the fan. I think you should have any opinion you want to have on here and be able to argue and defend it. (and get called out on it)

It gets personal and flat out flippin ridiculous that one persons real name is being used and things said about his personality, personal appearance, and other things, and the guy is NOT even running for office. (Nor able to defend himself)

This has not be a discussion only on what he wrote. (as if it were the AJC or USA) This has been a witch hunt of a person through many threads.

I am not defending what he wrote. I am not saying not to blast what he wrote. I am saying this whole thing has blown up into a bash one person free for all.

(BTW what you quoted about going over to the other site to post, was not saying NOT to post HERE, but that you had the option to do both, whereas the person being bashed did not)

• Like 1

Not the same. I know you as Sound Guy. I knew Chris as Ithy/PT until the crud hit the fan. I think you should have any opinion you want to have on here and be able to argue and defend it. (and get called out on it)

It gets personal and flat out flippin ridiculous that one persons real name is being used and things said about his personality, personal appearance, and other things, and the guy is NOT even running for office. (Nor able to defend himself)

This has not be a discussion only on what he wrote. (as if it were the AJC or USA) This has been a witch hunt of a person through many threads.

I am not defending what he wrote. I am not saying not to blast what he wrote. I am saying this whole thing has blown up into a bash one person free for all.

(BTW what you quoted about going over to the other site to post, was not saying NOT to post HERE, but that you had the option to do both, whereas the person being bashed did not)

Again, Bella, excellent analysis and right on the money. Heaven forbid if a similar trashing of say, Surepip or Whitey, were to take place on pcom.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad
  • Like 1

Again, Bella, excellent analysis and right on the money. Heaven forbid if a similar trashing of say, Surepip or Whitey, were to take place on pcom.

PSD You forget very easy, I have been trashed on this board, And yes My real name has been posted on this board, More than one time, And even some of my personal records have been posted , I have been outed (Called out by name) on the local news channel By a Previous Commission Chairman for asking the DA office to conduct a Grand Jury Investigation into the activities of a recent past school board, I have met you and you have met me at a luncheon, And if your memory serves you well, You certainly know who I am. I have not hidden behind a screen name on P.com as many of my critics have, I would say that 90% of the posters, Know me, and who I am, and what I stand for.

Having said that Ithy has posted links to his web site, on this web site that in fact identified him, by directing those to his site, by writing an article complete with his name at the beginning of the article, Along with a picture of himself.

As reported in another thread in this forum Ithy was banned a while back, was allowed to become a member again because the moderators convinced Pubby that he would abide by the rules, and was again allowed to post, Pubby banned him again for violation of posted rules. After that

Chris has a web site in which he can post anything that his heart so desires, And yes if you desire to post comments back to him, You can do so.

I refuse to be a part of the PITY PARTY being carried on in this thread, He brought this on himself, and he will have to pay the consequences.

That is all

<br />PSD You forget very easy, I have been trashed on this board, And yes My real name has been posted on this board, More than one time, And even some of my personal records have been posted , I have been outed (Called out by name) on the local news channel By a Previous Commission Chairman for asking the DA office to conduct a Grand Jury Investigation into the activities of a recent past school board, I have met you and you have met me at a luncheon, And if your memory serves you well, You certainly know who I am. I have not hidden behind a screen name on P.com as many of my critics have, I would say that 90% of the posters, Know me, and who I am, and what I stand for.<br /><br />Having said that Ithy has posted links to his web site, on this web site that in fact identified him, by directing those to his site, by writing an article complete with his name at the beginning of the article, Along with a picture of himself.<br /><br />As reported in another thread in this forum Ithy was banned a while back, was allowed to become a member again because the moderators convinced Pubby that he would abide by the rules, and was again allowed to post, Pubby banned him again for violation of posted rules. After that<br /><br />Chris has a web site in which he can post anything that his heart so desires, And yes if you desire to post comments back to him, You can do so.<br /><br />I refuse to be a part of the PITY PARTY being carried on in this thread, He brought this on himself, and he will have to pay the consequences.<br /><br />That is all<br />

Whitey, I am an old fart and sometimes do not remember everything. I am sorry if you were trashed. However, I don't think that excuses the gang-up of Praise Thee (Ithiel). Enough is enough.

Edited by PowderSpringsDad

I would say that 90% of the posters, Know me, and who I am, and what I stand for.

You think quite highly of yourself. I've been around a long time and I don't know who you are.

• Like 2

PSD You forget very easy, I have been trashed on this board, And yes My real name has been posted on this board, More than one time, And even some of my personal records have been posted , I have been outed (Called out by name) on the local news channel By a Previous Commission Chairman for asking the DA office to conduct a Grand Jury Investigation into the activities of a recent past school board, I have met you and you have met me at a luncheon, And if your memory serves you well, You certainly know who I am. I have not hidden behind a screen name on P.com as many of my critics have, I would say that 90% of the posters, Know me, and who I am, and what I stand for.

Having said that Ithy has posted links to his web site, on this web site that in fact identified him, by directing those to his site, by writing an article complete with his name at the beginning of the article, Along with a picture of himself.

As reported in another thread in this forum Ithy was banned a while back, was allowed to become a member again because the moderators convinced Pubby that he would abide by the rules, and was again allowed to post, Pubby banned him again for violation of posted rules. After that

Chris has a web site in which he can post anything that his heart so desires, And yes if you desire to post comments back to him, You can do so.

I refuse to be a part of the PITY PARTY being carried on in this thread, He brought this on himself, and he will have to pay the consequences.

That is all

I follow your posts with great interest and have learned a great deal from them. I don't like it when there is an attempt to trash or silence you or anyone else. Pubby does have the right to ban anyone that he feels has broken his rules. You should go over and read PT's new article. I think he has shown a lot of class.

You think quite highly of yourself. I've been around a long time and I don't know who you are.

Not so, but we did meet a few years back at Pubby'S Booth at Paulding Meadows arts and crafts festival, You probably do not recall?

We are the world ... we are the children ....

Okay enough already ... Any comments on the actual meet and greet from yesterday?!?!?

yes, It was very hot,very low attendance,I did get to meet some of the candidates that I have not hsd the opportunity to speak with, Gary Black and Chad Plumley and was impressed, They also had the best munchies Black had georgia peaches, And chad had Ice cold watermelon

Not so, but we did meet a few years back at Pubby'S Booth at Paulding Meadows arts and crafts festival, You probably do not recall?

Then my sincere apologies for my failing memory. pardon.gif

OK, to focus on the writing and not the person I quote the following from the website under discussion, dated June 20th:

<No link as I don't want any of the Popo aiming my way. :) If they want to add a link, then feel free.>

My reason for covering Paulding County GOP and Conservative politics and issues is due to the fact that this county is largely republican and giving them and others republican news that was deficient in the county and to counter liberals and democrats.

I love the assumption that anyone who says anything against the party leadership's views is automatically a liberal and/or Democrat. Sorry, I refuse to drink the cool aid of either side and will continuously question the party's leadership to make sure it meets *my* standards if it want's my vote and support. I have considered myself a Republican since I could vote 30 years ago and the Republicans in Congress and locally were NOT supporting my views 3 years ago, so I worked to get new ones. Now, some we got are closer to my views (David), others (Congress) are still out to lunch.

<Sigh> I think the writer has hit the major issues with the political parties today, they are not continuing to question if their goals are the goals of the voters and adjusting when it is not, they feel they are the "leaders" and the sheep should follow and do as told. Sorry, ain't gonna happen with this voter.

As far as "deficient" news, while there is a lot of hyperbole in comments on this site, there is a lot of good information also, dug up by people who care and want to get it out. If not for one of the GOP members on here, I wouldn't have seen the copy of the BOE budget and understood the issues they are having. (I looked but didn't see a link to it from the BOE front page) I wouldn't know about the changes at Animal control except that people who care about it reported that changes were in the wind. Since my daughter and her team just donated a huge pile of stuff to help the animals, I'd like to know what is changing there and why, Republican controlled or not.

While some media outlets will allow political attacks at will, mainly pursued by the liberals and democrats in this county, this reporter will not engaged in such activities.

He's got to be kidding. :lol: :lol: :lol: