Paulding.com

truck hit in Kroger parking lot

On April 15th there was a truck parked in the parking lot in the Kroger shopping center on Ridge Rd. It was in the area in front of Subway. The truck was scrapped by another car. Was this your truck? If it was, plese email me at this address or call me at 770-947-2336. I am not saying the color of the truck to verify that it is the correct one. As a parent, I just found out about this yesterday, and want to make it right.

• Like 3

On April 15th there was a truck parked in the parking lot in the Kroger shopping center on Ridge Rd. It was in the area in front of Subway. The truck was scrapped by another car. Was this your truck? If it was, plese email me at this address or call me at 770-947-2336. I am not saying the color of the truck to verify that it is the correct one. As a parent, I just found out about this yesterday, and want to make it right.

Kudos to you!

Thats really good of you. I can understand a kid being a little scared, and not really knowing how to handle it. Its very good that you will be guiding this person through the responsible way of dealing with it. The lesson of how the easy road isnt always the best road.

Thats really good of you. I can understand a kid being a little scared, and not really knowing how to handle it. Its very good that you will be guiding this person through the responsible way of dealing with it. The lesson of how the easy road isnt always the best road.

:good: Yep... goes the same for me, too. Good for you! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

(I wish you were the mom of the VERY adult person in the PT Cruiser that I am certain put the ding in my Liberty two weeks ago <_< )

Now there is the old school way of doing things, don't hear about "Doing the right thing" musch anymore.

:clapping: :clapping:

While I applaud you for stepping up and taking responsibility! I think the owner of the truck got what he deserved as he was parked illegally. All the curb area there is a no parking zone.

How do you know he "got what he deserved?" Did you see this take place? I took it as the "accident" happened in the parking lot, in front of Subway. Not in the traffic lanes. But, I'd sure like to see all of those people get BIG tickets!!!!!

Have you contacted the police? The other party probably filed a police report. The police can most likely put you in contact with the other party to exchange insurance information. I would also ask to make sure your child won't be charged with leaving the scene of an accident or misdemeanor hit and run.

Also, have you notified your insurance company? I think they have a time limit for reporting accidents (I know mine does).

The car was not parked in the fire lane, but in a parking space. We did contact the police and they said that they have no report, and since it happened on private property, that they will take no action. We want our child to know that no matter how minor the damage, that he is responsible. We are not worried about our car at all, it is only a scuffed bumper, but we want to make sure that we pay for repairs to the other vehicles owner, and make our child apologize for not staying to deal with the situation. I don't want him to think that he got away with something. I want him to own his mistake and deal with the aftermath.

• Like 2

If there wasn't a report, he probably didn't do much damage to the other vehicle. Your son is probably sitting on pins and needles waiting for someone to contact you. Stressful lesson, but I bet he knows EXACTLY how to handle the situation if it ever happens in the future.

Hopefully you will find something out soon so you don't have to worry about it.

Very interesting...

One of my daughter's old boyfriends accidentally bumped into another vehicle in the Blockbuster parking lot just next door to Kroger. It was dark, and he didn't think he did any damage either. Contrary to what you were told, he WAS charged with leaving the scene and it wasn't pretty. Turned out very serious. I do agreee that they should take responsibility -- but just be careful.

The car was not parked in the fire lane, but in a parking space. We did contact the police and they said that they have no report, and since it happened on private property, that they will take no action. We want our child to know that no matter how minor the damage, that he is responsible. We are not worried about our car at all, it is only a scuffed bumper, but we want to make sure that we pay for repairs to the other vehicles owner, and make our child apologize for not staying to deal with the situation. I don't want him to think that he got away with something. I want him to own his mistake and deal with the aftermath.

Edited by BigEyes