Paulding.com

Help! WEST METRO MARKET NEEDS YOUR VOTE!

What Hours Should We Have?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What should be the West Metro Schedule/Hours?

• Current Schedule: Wed & Thu 10 - 6 / Fri & Sat 10 - 7 / Sun 10 -6 CLOSED MON & TUE
    • Old Schedule: Thu 10 - 6 / Fri & Sat 10 - 7 / Sun & Mon 10 - 6 CLOSED TUES & WED
    • New Schedule: Tue, Wed & Thu 10 - 6 / Fri & Sat 10 - 7 CLOSED SUN & MON

Okay, here's the scoop.

Since we opend in 2008, we have played with the store hours to find the best fit.

We have been open Thursday through Tuesday & Closed Wednesday, we've been open Wednesday through Sunday & Closed Monday and Tuesday. We even tried Thursday through Monday, Closed Tuesday and Wednesday.

So now it's been a fabulous 2 years, THANKS TO PCOM!, but lets face it, some days are just better business days than others and being open every weekend can be, well........ let's say, not a family pleaser although it can be crowd pleaser.

So here's what we pose.... Since YOU know when you like to shop and YOU are the reason WMPM is still hanging in there, YOU need to vote and tell us what combination of days you'd like to see us open.

We will happily take all the votes under advisement, as well as any additional comments you may have and we'll go from there.

Thanks in advance for caring enough to vote and for any additional comments you may have....

Stealing Hardy Fords logo...WE LOVE YA ND WE NEED YA!!!!!!

West Metro

James and David

I don't want to interfere with anybody's golfing ^_^ but I really prefer the old schedule. I shop on Mondays and since your closed on mondays now i usually stop by on sundays. But whatever ya'll decide I still be in on a regular basis :wub:

I think closed Sunday and Monday is great. That way, you're open one weekend day and only closed one weekday. I normally do my shopping on Monday or Tuesday when Hubby is at work and being closed both Monday and Tuesday, it sometimes prevents me from getting a chance to get by there. Honestly, I was surprised thta you were ever open on Sunday. I think alot of people don't expect that, so if you give ample notice, I really don't think anyone will mind your closing on Sunday.

Bottom line, I love the meat and prices at West Metro and I'll keep trying to come when you are open.

:unsure:

DH is the one who goes get y'alls goods, he doesn't have a set schedule either :wacko:

BUT he says he don't really care, likes more of the Current or New schedules, could work in the old if he needed to - but just wants to know when he can come and get good items :).

I think being open on Sunday is a luxury for us; most folks can shop on Saturday. And I think you deserve a family/church day like the rest of the world. Is Sunday really a huge shopping day? I wish you much success; but I say take one weekend day with the family!

And if you decide to grill out next Sunday - I'd be happy to come over :rolleyes:

I think you should be open 24/7 <_<

I was seriously craving your awesome pork rinds last night and drove all the way there at 6:30 just to find the gate locked. :(

Oh well, in all seriousness I would say that closing Wed. would be better than Tuesday.

I voted for the New Schedule. I like the idea of having a Sunday off myself. I can't blame others for wanting Sunday off as well.

By the way, you guys have excellent T-Bone's.

J.R.

Just want to chime in and say I voted for the new schedule, I run errands on Monday and/or Tuesday and a bit far from town I rarely make extra trips. Makes it hard to get my meat from my most favorite meat place :)

That being said, I'll still shop with you no matter what schedule you have. I guess though with the new one I'd be by more often instead of once a month.

I wonder if you would do better to be open later than 6 at least 1 or 2 nights per week. Working parents don't get home until after 6, and I know the grocery stores are busy between 6-7. I think alot of people shop on their way home because everyone is so busy during the weekend.

BTW, in my business, we are open in the evenings. We see most of our customers arrive between 6:15 and 6:45. I used to work in retail and we did an analysis of our peak shopping times and changed our schedule to 11-8.

JMHO

I voted for the New Schedule. I like the idea of having a Sunday off myself. I can't blame others for wanting Sunday off as well.

By the way, you guys have excellent T-Bone's.

J.R.

What he said.

Only we prefer West Metro RIBEYES!!!!

Take Sunday, Monday off.

Spend time with Family!

We always plan ahead when cooking on the weekends.

My rib=eyes are great...this should be yalls decision...but if Sunday is slow...then close...if you find that the summer should be open and the winter not then adjust for seasons....I do know that some folks do not get into town until after six so you might want to look at that...I will be there whenever you are open...I just cannot understand why folks go to packaged meat that has been shipped in...oh well...

On a serious note. Close Sunday Monday. You folks deserve at least one day on the week end to spend with your families. Everyone will adjust. Your meat is the best! Period! Hands down! I picked up my ribeyes today for out of town guest coming in to town. Your beef and pork is AMAZING! The fruits and veggies always fresh and delicious!

And if you have not tried their in house made sausage, you don't know what you are missing. LAWD, that good stuff rahgt thar!

How about staying open a little later a couple nights a week. I know Tuesday and Thursday nights are a great night for me to shop. Less crowds and better selections. Most local businesses close on Sunday and Monday so you'd be right in line with what most of us are used to. :)

I think the idea of staying open later one or two days during the week is fantastic. 6 is just too early to close for any that are coming from Atlanta. Sunday? That is a tough call going into peak grilling season. A lot of people decide at the last minute (hungry or good weather)/after church to grill out together. I do understand the family side of it though. If you are going to stay open on Sunday's I would definitely push the time back. Most are in church still at 10 (or bed..LOL) and other shops do not open until 12.

I voted for closing on Sunday/Monday. I stopped by your store one time last year and it was closed and I haven't been back. As a small business owner you have to find a way to balance your private life with your professional life and I understand that. However, the way I shop, I want stores to be open when it's convenient for me and that could be pretty much any day of the week between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. If I have to go look up your website or make a phone call to find out your hours, I probably won't do it. It's not important that you be open on Sunday for me, though, because I am used to most smaller businesses being closed. It seems you have a loyal following because your product and services are great but I wonder if you are inhibiting your growth by limiting your hours. I'm not trying to be rude here, but trying to offer some constructive criticism from the point of view of a potential customer.

Okay... The votes are in and the new schedule is as follows and is

effective starting TUESDAY May 4th (Mother's Day Week

OPEN: TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY 10 am - 6pm

THURSDAY/FRIDAY/SATURDAY 10am -7pm

CLOSED SUNDAY AND MONDAY

yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif yahoo.gif

Thanks to all that voted and for the excellant comments and suggestions.

We will take it under consideration as to the later hours during the week. For now we will leave it as is and try that out...

THANK YOU PCOM!!!!