Paulding.com

Early Preference Poll for District 19 Representative race

Preference for District 19  

63 members have voted

1. 1. First, do you live in District 19?

• Yes and I plan to vote
    • Yes, but I don't plan to vote at all
    • No, I don't live in the district and can't vote
  2. 2. If you plan to vote, will you vote early or on February 23rd?

• I will vote early at a polling place
    • I will vote early by absentee vote
    • I will vote on election day
    • I cannot vote in the election
  3. 3. Of the three candidates, for whom will you vote?

• Ronnie Sibley
    • Jody Cash
    • Daniel Stout
    • Haven't made up my mind
    • Can't vote
  4. 4. Recognizing that you may or may not be able to vote, whom among the following is your preference for this seat?

• Ronnie Sibley
    • Jody Cash
    • Daniel Stout
    • Don't know
  5. 5. Since this is a special election and a new candidate may emerge for the July Primary, Do you think the winner of this special election will win again next July/November?

• Yes, I think we're making that decision now
    • I really think a more known candidate will emerge for the July primary
    • Who knows
    • Who cares
  6. 6. What is the most important issue in this race? Select as many as apply

• Who is the most conservative candidate
    • The right to life issue
    • Gun rights including open carry in schools
    • Maintaining education funding
    • Maintaining state health and mental health programs
    • Balancing the state budget without tax increases
    • Protecting civil liberties/church and state issues
    • Increasing the tax on tobacco
    • Elimination of the state property tax
    • Elimination of the state sales tax
    • Elimination of the state income tax
    • Voting for paramutual (horse track) betting
    • Protecting the integrity of lottery funding for higher education
    • Making sure that Paulding is treated fairly in reapportionment
    • Addressing water resource issues
    • Repealing or watering down state environmental laws
    • Addressing state campaign finance reform
    • Limiting the scope of lobbyists in the Legislature
    • Expanding the jails and prisons
    • Enhancing laws to deport illegal aliens more rapidly
    • Subsidizing small businesses with negative taxation
    • Enhancing the law for charter schools
    • Providing state support for private church schools
    • Other ... please elaborate below

I put the one about small businesses qualifying for negative taxes was in there for you :)

Funny thing, it came out during the Democratic gubernatorial debate tonight that there are some small businesses already getting state support, not with state support but rather something more akin to a wink and a nod.

Dubose Porter, speaking during the debate, said businesses collecting sales tax were shorting the state by 25 percent and the state revenue department is incapable of policing it. He suggested local governments, closer to what is happening, be engaged to catch those who pocket our tax money.

pubby

My key issues weren't in the poll choices but judging from the responses, this is a scary district with some really scary people.

Sigh.

Deputy Rafe, MD (Magical Deputy)

Other issues? What other issues? And scary district by scary people? Please elaborate.

If you put other please elaborte below, you are not allowed to do so...

Cherokeewoman:

The idea is that you would post your 'other issues' in a reply :) ... like you posted your note that you were not allowed to do so.

pubby

The only one that I know about is Sibley,does anyone know about the others?

I can't vote in this election - wrong district. I see 3 types of candidates.

This is not favoring any of the three, just saying what I've seen1

Ronnie - a mature seasoned candidate that may be able to fit in and negotiate with the powers that be. His background is labor negotiations.

Daniel - a younger conservative voice who is very pro-life, would offer newer thoughts/ideas to the process.

Jody - an experienced small business owner that understands the struggles of the SBO (taxation, regulations) and the individual citizens of the county.

There is a meet & greet at the Chamber - lower building - on Thursday, Feb 11th from 6-8pm.

The Paulding GOP is reaching out to all 3 candidates to see if we can put a debate together the week after that. I'll keep you posted.

Good luck to all those that vote. Good luck to the candidates.

After last night's debate, I am really torn.

Speaking as a voter, I saw positives and negatives in all three candidates. I do suspect a runoff and I am not yet completely enthusiastic about any of the candidates.

Next week I am going to explain exactly what I thought about two tactics that were used in the debate and how they turned me off from the candidates who were using them.

Speaking as a voter, I saw positives and negatives in all three candidates. I do suspect a runoff and I am not yet completely enthusiastic about any of the candidates.

Next week I am going to explain exactly what I thought about two tactics that were used in the debate and how they turned me off from the candidates who were using them.

I bet I know one of them! I watched the whole thing!!!

My other is Sunday Liquor sales. I personally don't drink, but it is beyond me how this law hasn't been swatted down by the courts due to separation of church and state.

About the debate...it was pretty good. I thought all three candidates did well, and I applaud them all stepping up when our district needs them. I have some concerns about each candidate, but because I am younger, Sibley's response about what if Daniel gets elected, like that was a scary thing, and that we 28 - 35 year olds can't be in politics really bothers me. How dare he. Keep running for something Ronny. One day you'll be elected for something. That is your goal....right.

My other is Sunday Liquor sales. I personally don't drink, but it is beyond me how this law hasn't been swatted down by the courts due to separation of church and state.

About the debate...it was pretty good. I thought all three candidates did well, and I applaud them all stepping up when our district needs them. I have some concerns about each candidate, but because I am younger, Sibley's response about what if Daniel gets elected, like that was a scary thing, and that we 28 - 35 year olds can't be in politics really bothers me. How dare he. Keep running for something Ronny. One day you'll be elected for something. That is your goal....right.

I am hoping that the age issue was friendly banter because I think that ball was lobbed into Mr. Sibley's court first. I think something was said about his age first. I will now have to look at the video a second time.

As if someone would care about what you thought of the tactics? Self-grandiose, are we?

The debate was interesting. I know the least worst of the three and that is for whom I plan on voting. Other than that, that's the entire depth I discuss on this board about politics of any sort.

• Like 1

Self-grandiose? Takes one to know one, I think. ;)

I know a lot of people weren't there, and believe it or not - there are some people who are interested in my insights and opinions on a variety of topics. This race is one of them. You are not one of those interested. That's fine with both of us. Put me on ignore.

Cheers.

As if someone would care about what you thought of the tactics? Self-grandiose, are we?

The debate was interesting. I know the least worst of the three and that is for whom I plan on voting. Other than that, that's the entire depth I discuss on this board about politics of any sort.

:rolleyes:

Self-grandiose? Takes one to know one, I think. ;)

I know a lot of people weren't there, and believe it or not - there are some people who are interested in my insights and opinions on a variety of topics. This race is one of them. You are not one of those interested. That's fine with both of us. Put me on ignore.

Cheers.

I give you a thumbs up for stepping in as the MC for this event. :good:

Self-grandiose? Takes one to know one, I think. wink.gif

Cheers.

I value your opinion and look forward to hearing your take on this.smile.gif

laugh.gif Of course not.

You do know that with some on here that is a badge of honor!biggrin.gif I liked all of the candidates. At this point I do have a preference but I don't want to make any of them feel they are not worthy candidates. I will be interested to get the take from others who watched the debate. To be honest I did not find any of them to be perfect but I think it will be hard for me to find someone who is. It will be a tall order for a candidate to be perfect in my view!

You do know that with some on here that is a badge of honor!biggrin.gif I liked all of the candidates. At this point I do have a preference but I don't want to make any of them feel they are not worthy candidates. I will be interested to get the take from others who watched the debate. To be honest I did not find any of them to be perfect but I think it will be hard for me to find someone who is. It will be a tall order for a candidate to be perfect in my view!

I do agree with you.

I, for one, would like to hear his input. I've narrowed my choice down to 2, but still need to watch all of the debate. What I've witnessed so far is that they are all 3 nice guys. But there certainly is not a "stand-out".

I do think there are a couple of issues being brought into the campaign that really should be brought in and little too much "playful banter".

JMT has always given good insight,so I for one like to hear what he has to say.I like hearing what others have to say also but without the bashing. Enough is enough folks let the facts alone speak for them,I for one am tired of the negative snipers that come out of the wood work. I have changed over the years from past political events. :closedeyes: