Paulding.com

Richardson Resignation

Hey maybe Sherrin will run.

I already have told Feelip to get ready for this as I figured Shearin will be the "Heir-Apparent" even though David Austin beat him 71% to 29%.

Take your typing pills Whitey, I have the feeling you are going to be busy again.

And of course, the Ethics Commission who swept Richardson's complaints under the carpet is the same one who swept the complaints against Shearin under the carpet as well.

And ALL of this is based on Richardson resigning as Speaker AND resigning his seat in the Legislature. I figured he would try to hang on to his seat.

• Like 1

I assume my inbox will be filled w/ apoligies......

LoL, j/k of course. (sort of) :p

Now you know I like you AtlantaBry but why in the world would you be due any apologies? That is utterly ridiculous. On and for the record, I owe no one any apologies here - just want to set the record straight personally. :lol:

• Like 1

I respect Glenn's decision to resign and wish him the very best in his future endeavors. Like I said earlier, he will get his life together, thrive and come back a stronger person for this experience. Everyone in life has trials and tribulations and the true test of character is if you are able to learn from these experiences. I truly feel Glenn will move on with his life and move in a positive direction. You know maybe God just simply has another plan for Glenn - something that will eventually be bigger and better.

He is human and he made mistakes. How many of us here could say that if our personal lives were put under a microscope as his has been, that we would not be subject to ridicule of some sort? I would venture to say none of us and obviously to varying degrees.

As for the ones here that are continuing to take delight in other's misery - your day will come and hopefully you will be able to have the support system that Glenn has had.

And I leave you with another quote:

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)

• Like 2

I respect Glenn's decision to resign and wish him the very best in his future endeavors. Like I said earlier, he will get his life together, thrive and come back a stronger person for this experience. Everyone in life has trials and tribulations and the true test of character is if you are able to learn from these experiences. I truly feel Glenn will move on with his life and move in a positive direction. You know maybe God just simply has another plan for Glenn - something that will eventually be bigger and better.

He is human and he made mistakes. How many of us here could say that if our personal lives were put under a microscope as his has been, that we would not be subject to ridicule of some sort? I would venture to say none of us and obviously to varying degrees.

As for the ones here that are continuing to take delight in other's misery - your day will come and hopefully you will be able to have the support system that Glenn has had.

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.

Blah, Blah, Blah

• Like 2

Now you know I like you AtlantaBry but why in the world would you be due any apologies? That is utterly ridiculous. On and for the record, I owe no one any apologies here - just want to set the record straight personally. :lol:

Blah Blah Blah

• Like 2

Glad I have my High Waders on because that stuff sure is deep today.

Way, way, way too much water has gone under the bridge for such high minded ideals. Just deal with the reality......If you want to throw those stones then get the hell out of the glass house. If you are going to base your political platform on family values, high morals, and outstanding ethics, then you had best be prepared to live your life in that manner.

Mr Speaker didn't, and it came back and bit him in the ass.

• Like 2

What is truly amazing to me is that you people sit around on your butts and complain and when have you put anyone up to run against Glenn? Why didn't one of you run against him since you are "holier than thou"? In all the years he served, I can only recall one time that he had opposition. So where is your drive? Where is your ambilition? Where is your initiative? Where is your caring about the citizens of Paulding County?

So....what does that tell you? Maybe there are skeletons in some closets that would come out should they decide to run for public office themselves? :lol: Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

What is truly amazing to me is that you people sit around on your butts and complain and when have you put anyone up to run against Glenn? Why didn't one of you run against him since you are "holier than thou"? In all the years he served, I can only recall one time that he had opposition. So where is your drive? Where is your ambilition? Where is your initiative? Where is your caring about the citizens of Paulding County?

So....what does that tell you? Maybe there are skeletons in some closets that would come out should they decide to run for public office themselves? :lol: Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmm. :lol: :lol: :lol:

But you left out the most important question:

Where is the funding necessary to even take a long shot at taking on the Richardson/Paulding County Republican Party Machine ? What did Austin have to spend to take on King Jerry? It would have taken double or triple that amount to take on Richardson.

The special election which will be called to fill Richardson's seat could well bring some out from the shadows. It will be interesting to watch this develop. I know several who have already expressed an interest.

• Like 1

Dang, must be nice to be all pure and without sin. Must be nice not to be a public figure so people don't find the skeletons in closets. I truly find this disgusting that people are pleased this person has lost everything. By his own doing yes, but to gloat and be happy.....remember what you wish on someone comes back double to you.

Those of you rallying the troops and singing Auld lang syne better be careful. Somehow I hope your family doesn't have to endure what his is because of your decisions.

• Like 2

But you left out the most important question:

Where is the funding necessary to even take a long shot at taking on the Richardson/Paulding County Republican Party Machine ? What did Austin have to spend to take on King Jerry? It would have taken double or triple that amount to take on Richardson.

The special election which will be called to fill Richardson's seat could well bring some out from the shadows. It will be interesting to watch this develop. I know several who have already expressed an interest.

You just have an excuse for everything don't you. What a cop out.

Dang, must be nice to be all pure and without sin. Must be nice not to be a public figure so people don't find the skeletons in closets. I truly find this disgusting that people are pleased this person has lost everything. By his own doing yes, but to gloat and be happy.....remember what you wish on someone comes back double to you.

Those of you rallying the troops and singing Auld lang syne better be careful. Somehow I hope your family doesn't have to endure what his is because of your decisions.

Amen.

• Like 3

Beach Bum I fear there are a few here that couldn't begin to run for public office, they have already stuffed the closet full and certainly don't want those things falling out. ;)

Blah, Blah, Blah,

Stop drinking the coolaid and get a grip on reality. He is a doucebag and yes, I do think I'm better than him. Get over it.

• Like 1

Blah, Blah, Blah,

Stop drinking the coolaid and get a grip on reality. He is a doucebag and yes, I do think I'm better than him. Get over it.

then put your money where your mouth is and run for office! there are

"doers" and there are "talkers" which one are you? i believe i rd.

somewhere "you, without sin cast the first stone" and, i don't even

like the man!

• Like 3

like the man!

Thank you!! I don't know him personally but am amazed at these people being so excited about someone's downfall. No wonder some have a negative opinion about Paulding County..............

Beachbum, I thought you were done posting according to you post?

like the man!

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Beachbum, I thought you were done posting according to you post? Oh don't worry, I'm not finished.

What? Where in heaven's name did I say I was finished posting. What I did say in "one" of my posts is that "I leave you with this quote". Are you really serious? I can't end "one" of my posts by saying this?

I can't believe some of you,

His demise was his own doing.

He thought he was invincible. Untouchable.

What does the bible say......Pride comes before a fall.

His perch was just a little higher than most, which makes the fall all that much further.

I'm not concerned at all with his future. He has a partership with a law firm. I'm sure he will bounce back. People like him always do.

• Like 2

like the man!

I already put my money where my mouth was in June of 2006 when I sued the Paulding County Board of Commissioners for allowing Lani Skipper, as employee of Vinson, Talley, Richardson, and Cable AND as County attorney of Zoning Fraud.

My wife and I have spent over $200,000 pursuing this litigation over the past 3-1/2 years. During this same time, our Board of Commissioners under Jerry Shearin approved $749,254 in legal fees paid to Holland & Knight [as of january 31, 2009] to defend the county and the developer in our lawsuits. We have not done another FOI record request since Frbruary of 2009.

Sorry, but you are barking at the wrong persons about not putting our money where our mouths are.

Note that all of the taxpayers of Paulding County have paid to defend the County officials, the developer, and the country attorney against our suit alledging zoning fraud on behalf of the developer, condoned by the BOC. And Richardson and company were, and are, very much involved in these suits to this day.

We have a mediation and a hearing coming up in the next 2 weeks.

NEWS ALERT

Fox 5 is here in our parking lot and they are going to do an interview at the Richardsons in a few minutes. OR they are going to try to do an interview.

I already put my money where my mouth was in June of 2006 when I sued the Paulding County Board of Commissioners for allowing Lani Skipper, as employee of Vinson, Talley, Richardson, and Cable AND as County attorney of Zoning Fraud.

My wife and I have spent over $200,000 pursuing this litigation over the past 3-1/2 years. During this same time, our Board of Commissioners under Jerry Shearin approved $749,254 in legal fees paid to Holland & Knight [as of january 31, 2009] to defend the county and the developer in our lawsuits. We have not done another FOI record request since Frbruary of 2009.

Sorry, but you are barking at the wrong persons about not putting our money where our mouths are.

Note that all of the taxpayers of Paulding County have paid to defend the County officials, the developer, and the country attorney against our suit alledging zoning fraud on behalf of the developer, condoned by the BOC. And Richardson and company were, and are, very much involved in these suits to this day.

We have a mediation and a hearing coming up in the next 2 weeks.

My, my, my surepip - getting a little testy aren't you? :lol: By the way, you THINK you can do everything so much better, why haven't YOU run for office? Hmmmmmmmmmm............

My, my, my surepip - getting a little testy aren't you? :lol: By the way, you THINK you can do everything so much better, why haven't YOU run for office? Hmmmmmmmmmm............

You asked, and I answered.

I think close to a quarter of a million $$$ is more than sufficient to emphasize my point. And considering the broke tax payers of Paulding have spend 4 times that much just to keep us out of the courtroom, I think we have more than justified our position, and our point.

I guess you won't be happy until you get the blood of the first born on top of the $200,000, right ?

You asked why, and I answered, and then you have to go and get FUGLY on top of that ?

Been a rough day hasn't it BB? Your beloved icon has crashed and burned. But live goes on.....

Regardless of whether or not anyone from PCOM wants his job...He wanted it. He took the job, and should have done it. I have chosen what I want to do in life, and I do my job to the best of my ability without doing sneaky and possibly illegal things. So its okay to say "Ah heck, nobody else wants to do this job, so I can do whatever I want. I can get my rocks off because someone wants funding for a project, and I can use my power for the good of myself. I know I'm supposed to be doing good for the people, but as long as I dont have anyone standing in line for my job, I can do what I want."

I dont think its good when people think they cant be replaced. I dont care what job you get hired for, you are supposed to do the best you can, no matter who you are.

People make mistakes, and they pay for their mistakes, as Mr. Richardson is now.

Regardless of whether or not anyone from PCOM wants his job...He wanted it. He took the job, and should have done it. I have chosen what I want to do in life, and I do my job to the best of my ability without doing sneaky and possibly illegal things. So its okay to say "Ah heck, nobody else wants to do this job, so I can do whatever I want. I can get my rocks off because someone wants funding for a project, and I can use my power for the good of myself. I know I'm supposed to be doing good for the people, but as long as I dont have anyone standing in line for my job, I can do what I want."

I dont think its good when people think they cant be replaced. I dont care what job you get hired for, you are supposed to do the best you can, no matter who you are.

People make mistakes, and they pay for their mistakes, as Mr. Richardson is now.

Here-Here, and I agree.

But I don't think you will get the Ex-Speakers proponnents to budge at all....for them he can do no wrong. Literally caught with the knife in his hand dripping the blood of his victim lying dying on the floor....the Richardson defenders would be blasting the victim for impaling themselves on his knife!

• Like 1

I already have told Feelip to get ready for this as I figured Shearin will be the "Heir-Apparent" even though David Austin beat him 71% to 29%.

Take your typing pills Whitey, I have the feeling you are going to be busy again.

And of course, the Ethics Commission who swept Richardson's complaints under the carpet is the same one who swept the complaints against Shearin under the carpet as well.

And ALL of this is based on Richardson resigning as Speaker AND resigning his seat in the Legislature. I figured he would try to hang on to his seat.

I really do not expect Shearin to run for the job,In my opinion he is not in that district,Or is he?? Furthermore I believe that he has other issues on the horizion that may preclude him from being eligible to run for a political office.

Naw he want run,The field will be crowded though

I think close to a quarter of a million $$$ is more than sufficient to emphasize my point. And considering the broke tax payers of Paulding have spend 4 times that much just to keep us out of the courtroom, I think we have more than justified our position, and our point.

I guess you won't be happy until you get the blood of the first born on top of the $200,000, right ?

You asked why, and I answered, and then you have to go and get FUGLY on top of that ?

Been a rough day hasn't it BB? Your beloved icon has crashed and burned. But live goes on.....

No surepip - it actually has been a good day for me. I have good days most of the time (unless I am sick) so good days are nothing new for me. My clean conscience helps out tremendously!

How immature can it possibly get?

I HAVE FOUGHT THESE CROOKS FOR FIVE YEARS. I AM REJOICING OVER THE FACT THAT NEARLY ALL OF THEM HAVE FAILED. IT IS WRITTEN, THE TRUTH WILL STAND WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS. YOU ARE NOT BAD, JUST TERRIBLY MISLEAD.

I doubt BB wants the blood of your firstborn. People on here are so cruel to each other. This is ridiculous and off point. A good point - that no one has wanted to raise the money or attempt to run against the Speaker if they were so dissatisified with his work over the last several years.

Having $$$ to run for the seat has nothing to do with $$$ your family chose to spend in the lawsuit. Granted - there is a lot wrong with the way the PC Gov't has done things in the past... but this isn't about all the other issues that are being dragged into this post.

Please everyone, slow down and take a deep breath.

I am human and have made mistakes in my life. All of us have, and we really shouldn't deny. I was lucky to have some people who knew exactly what my mistakes were to STILL support me. Praise the Lord that He provided me friends to support me even when some were talking bad about me. I am a Christian and an overall good, moral person. But I am human. So BB has been supportive (among some others on here) of a person going thru a difficult time -and YES - it could be due to Richardson's own decision.

So, he's resigning. People supported him, and hopefully still will if they are his good friends - as that is what it'll take for him to even try to get back on track. Forgiveness and support. My how I've needed them in the past. Have any of you?

Paulding County and pcom'er can now rally around this situation - admit it's a difficult place for anyone to be in, and see who we can find to support us and do what's best for our county.

PLEASE STOP ABUSING AND BASHING EACH OTHER. REMEMBER WHY CHRIST CAME THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON. TO FORGIVE THE UNFORGIVABLE, AND TO LOVE THE UNLOVEABLE... ALL OF US.

• Like 3

I doubt BB wants the blood of your firstborn. People on here are so cruel to each other. This is ridiculous and off point. A good point - that no one has wanted to raise the money or attempt to run against the Speaker if they were so dissatisified with his work over the last several years.

Having $$$ to run for the seat has nothing to do with $$$ your family chose to spend in the lawsuit. Granted - there is a lot wrong with the way the PC Gov't has done things in the past... but this isn't about all the other issues that are being dragged into this post.

Please everyone, slow down and take a deep breath.

I am human and have made mistakes in my life. All of us have, and we really shouldn't deny. I was lucky to have some people who knew exactly what my mistakes were to STILL support me. Praise the Lord that He provided me friends to support me even when some were talking bad about me. I am a Christian and an overall good, moral person. But I am human. So BB has been supportive (among some others on here) of a person going thru a difficult time -and YES - it could be due to Richardson's own decision.

So, he's resigning. People supported him, and hopefully still will if they are his good friends - as that is what it'll take for him to even try to get back on track. Forgiveness and support. My how I've needed them in the past. Have any of you?

Paulding County and pcom'er can now rally around this situation - admit it's a difficult place for anyone to be in, and see who we can find to support us and do what's best for our county.

PLEASE STOP ABUSING AND BASHING EACH OTHER. REMEMBER WHY CHRIST CAME THIS CHRISTMAS SEASON. TO FORGIVE THE UNFORGIVABLE, AND TO LOVE THE UNLOVEABLE... ALL OF US.

Excellent post! Thank you for the positive outlook and common sense reasoning.