Paulding.com

Waters Rd, Nebo end , REALLY is closed

Today, Sept 29th. Road is still closed. No work being done as of yet.

You cannot get past the bridge to get to the other side (Ridge rd side) or the subdivisions.

Nothing to see/look at. The water is down, the car that washed away is GONE. (wrecker pulled it out)

Edited by JSC
I know Bakers Bridge is open and it appears that the Merchant Drive is also open (The signs were down this morning). I guess they are moving in that direction.

Denton is still closed and will be closed for a while.

I hope so, But if people would just believe it really is closed & if they are trying to get to the subdivisions on Waters , they can save time by taking a different route to begin with, , instead of trying to see if they can go on anyways.

I tried going to Dallas yesterday & when I saw the barracade at merchants, I didn't try to go down it any ways.

Thanks, we need to keep everyone updated on road openings & still closed ones if we can.

I have routine petsits that I do M-F. One is off of McClung, the one before that is off of Mein Mitchell. I used to travel MM to Ridge to Waters, crossed over Garmon, back onto Waters, to Nebo, and hopped onto McClung from Nebo. So now I have changed my route to MM to Hughes, Hughes to Wall, Wall to Nebo, Nebo to McClung. Its not that big a deal to do that, actually.

might be looking to "Save" someone. <_<

:good: good one

I have routine petsits that I do M-F. One is off of McClung, the one before that is off of Mein Mitchell. I used to travel MM to Ridge to Waters, crossed over Garmon, back onto Waters, to Nebo, and hopped onto McClung from Nebo. So now I have changed my route to MM to Hughes, Hughes to Wall, Wall to Nebo, Nebo to McClung. Its not that big a deal to do that, actually.

wish everyone was like you.

I live at one of the subdivisions south of the bridge. When I'm outside, I place bets that the cars cruising down Waters going north will be coming back the other way in a few seconds. I'm rich now!

LOL I bet you are. maybe I should do that too.

You cannot get past the bridge to get to the other side (Ridge rd side) or the subdivisions.

Nothing to see/look at. The water is down, the car that washed away is GONE. (wrecker pulled it out)

Today Tue , Sept 30th,

ROAD STILL CLOSED!!!!

Edited by JSC
im willing to bet the "bigger named roads" will be fixed first and the seconddairy roads last... just my oponion

Looks that way. I just wish people would read the darn sign & realize 1000 ft & 500 ft DOES NOT CROSS the bridge/road. There's gonna end up being an accident there if they don't do someting better w/the signs.

Thursday , Oct 1st.

Road STILL closed!

Edited by JSC
Thursday , Oct 1st.

Road STILL closed!

And while talking to someone, seems Waters rd is not on top of list to be repaired. So, if you live on the other end of the bridge/road don't bother turning on Waters. Please tell everyone you know that may live there.

Dateline: Hiram, GA.

A large truck was seen driving north on Waters Rd towards Lake Ramona around 7:15 PM (EDT) carrying a front end loader on its trailer. Some time later, the truck returned southbound on Waters Rd without the heavy piece of machinery. Could this be the start of repairs to the bridge that spans Lake Ramona? Local homeowner John Bob Jones commented that the repairs would be a blessing to the community. "Shucks, I done drive up there every darn day to see if its open. Sometimes I drive around to the Nebo Road side to see if its open up thataway, but shoot, I haves to turn around every dad gum time".

Stayed tuned for further details as they are made available.

A large truck was seen driving north on Waters Rd towards Lake Ramona around 7:15 PM (EDT) carrying a front end loader on its trailer. Some time later, the truck returned southbound on Waters Rd without the heavy piece of machinery. Could this be the start of repairs to the bridge that spans Lake Ramona? Local homeowner John Bob Jones commented that the repairs would be a blessing to the community. "Shucks, I done drive up there every darn day to see if its open. Sometimes I drive around to the Nebo Road side to see if its open up thataway, but shoot, I haves to turn around every dad gum time".

I hope is starting to be repaired.

BUT, as long as the signs are still up, the road is STILL closed. Why go down the road if signs say road closed?

I did not see any equipment at the bridge on Ridge rd side, this morning. (AS fas as I could see.)

From what the DOT told me yesterday, Waters rd is the least of the road problems in this county. Many roads need repair due to the flooding. So everyone ,

the road is STILL closed. Fri Oct 2nd. And it didn't sound like it would be any time soon.

Edited by JSC
I did not see any equipment at the bridge on Ridge rd side, this morning. (AS fas as I could see.)

From what the DOT told me yesterday, Waters rd is the least of the road problems in this county. Many roads need repair due to the flooding. So everyone ,

the road is STILL closed. Fri Oct 2nd. And it didn't sound like it would be any time soon.

Yep. closed alright.