Paulding.com

Two Former Hiram High Students

during a house party in Powder Springs last weekend. The former students are 2009 graduates and were at a house party in Powder Springs and were approached by members of the so called "Ham Squad gang", they were attacked and shot at but luckily neither one was hit by a bullet. They were pretty shaken up but both are okay, Thank God. It is believed that these are the same thugs that shot a Hiram graduate on graduation night. And once again nobody is giving up names, no one seems to know who these individuals are. This violence is going to continue unless someone is brave enough to start naming names. I would advise any Hiram High students to stay away from any Powder Springs partys or partys being thrown by McEachern students. There seems to be a big beef between Hiram and McEachern students, I had never heard of this until this summer when the first shooting occurred. We had rilvarys when I was in high school but it was all talk, now it includes violence and it has got to stop.

Edited by 2witty4u
*McEachern*

I thought that calling someone out on their spelling was against the rules. Anyhow, what does it matter if it's spelled correctly? Do you have anything interesting or helpful to add? :nea:

One day they'll be surprised when they pull that crap to the wrong person and it's them that end up shot!

True!

Sadly enough the thing that suprised me the most is that there is a gang called the Ham Squad Gang....

Have no idea where the name came from, but according to the Powder Springs police this gang is wrecking havoc in powder springs and surrounding areas. They may be a "wanna be" at the moment, but at the rate they are attacking and shooting people, they will soon be full blown gang status. If you are the one being attacked by them, don't think it matters that they are a "wanna be".

In the 80's when I was in VA in the military they had to stop having games on Friday nights and move them to Saturdays due to the fights after the games so really, thankfully, it's missed us for 20 years before we are facing it now. It worked when they moved their games to Saturdays so maybe that's in the cards for us.

They are pretty scary, regardless of their name people have been shot and attacked and I don't think its a laughing matter.

I don't know if you know this or not, but I was shot 3 times in a drive by in May. I refuse to live in fear, and I am sorry if my having a sense of humor offends you <_<

I don't know if you know this or not, but I was shot 3 times in a drive by in May. I refuse to live in fear, and I am sorry if my having a sense of humor offends you <_<

Sometimes humor is lost on people. Life is way to serious these days and I personally appreciate any attempt at humor.

I am sure alot of people did not like my comment either. But what I was trying to say was that it has gotten to the point where shootings happen so frequently that it doesnt suprise me anymore!!

I 4 1 ttnk te op is a goofus :lol:

Please let me know how I am a goofus, I really would love to know. I posted information regarding Hiram High Students, and informing people about this so called gang and that Hiram students need to be aware that people in this gang are targeting them. This was the second shooting in two months. So if that makes me a goofus, then by all means have at it. I am not going to say what I think you are.

In the 80's when I was in VA in the military they had to stop having games on Friday nights and move them to Saturdays due to the fights after the games so really, thankfully, it's missed us for 20 years before we are facing it now. It worked when they moved their games to Saturdays so maybe that's in the cards for us.

Its not happening at games, not yet, but at these dang house parties. Its crazy because Hiram and McEchern don't even play each other anymore in sports. The incident last weekend was sparked over a girl from McEchern that was dating one of the boys that they attacked. I have banned my son from all house parties, he is upset but I have told him his life is more important than a house party. There is more to life than partying.

:clapping: couldn't agree more!!

Do they have the "Scared Straight program" here? believe me, if my boys were out acting like thugs, after I blistered their butts (because they will never be too old for that) I would sign them up for that in a heart beat!

Do they have the "Scared Straight program" here? believe me, if my boys were out acting like thugs, after I blistered their butts (because they will never be too old for that) I would sign them up for that in a heart beat!

That's the problem, all parents arent like you and I, they don't give a rats behind what their kids are out there doing. As long as they don't have to be bothered with them, they don't care. Many of these parents are out doing their own thing, partying it up and drugging it up, they don't have time to parent their kids, these kids do not have the proper upbringing, and the rest of society has to suffer.

Its not happening at games, not yet, but at these dang house parties. Its crazy because Hiram and McEchern don't even play each other anymore in sports. The incident last weekend was sparked over a girl from McEchern that was dating one of the boys that they attacked. I have banned my son from all house parties, he is upset but I have told him his life is more important than a house party. There is more to life than partying.

I agree -- my kids grew up with so many McEachern kids (and are still very good friends with several of them). They were actually invited to this party and I was the "horrible" parent because I told them that they couldn't go -- purely out of fear because of what has happened in the past. However, I am now QUITE happy that I did say no!!!

It's a very sad situation from both sides. Hopefully they will catch the shooters and this will not continue or (God forbid) get worse!

Sadly enough the thing that suprised me the most is that there is a gang called the Ham Squad Gang....

what a stupid gang name! I think gangs are so stupid. A bunch of ignorant kids and adults that never grew up grouping together to vandalize and assalt innocent bystanders or someone who just happens to live "on their turf" or wear "their colors" because they think they are being MEN. You want to be a MAN? Get an education, treat people with respect, get married and SUPPORT and PROTECT your family. that's a MAN.

If you were a real MAN, you wouldn't need to have 20-100 jackholes stand at your back while you attack and unarmed person with a weapon, or rob a store, or rape a girl.........that's not a man, that's ignorant, POS, coward. (there is another term, but i don't like saying the P word. ^_^ )

That's the problem, all parents arent like you and I, they don't give a rats behind what their kids are out there doing. As long as they don't have to be bothered with them, they don't care. Many of these parents are out doing their own thing, partying it up and drugging it up, they don't have time to parent their kids, these kids do not have the proper upbringing, and the rest of society has to suffer.

It's such a shame. Because some parents choose not to PARENT, we have to be concerned with sending our children to school or letting them spend time with their friends at the movies or gatherings, or football games! It's not right.

Have no idea where the name came from, but according to the Powder Springs police this gang is wrecking havoc in powder springs and surrounding areas. They may be a "wanna be" at the moment, but at the rate they are attacking and shooting people, they will soon be full blown gang status. If you are the one being attacked by them, don't think it matters that they are a "wanna be".

The "wanna-be"s are the ones that scare me the most. They are the ones who desperately feel the need to prove they are "legit", so they will do anything to prove themselves & get the attention of others.

I wonder if this is real or another rumor. There is nothing out there about it.

I'm sure the kids will be talking about it when they come back to school next week (Cobb County schools start Monday).

I wonder if this is real or another rumor. There is nothing out there about it.

I promise you its not a rumor, I know for a fact that it did happen. If you want more information you can call the Powder Springs police and ask for Lt. Boyd. But believe what you want.

Did this make the news?

No this did not make the news, everything that happens in Hiram and Powder Springs does not make the news. Probably because no one was actually shot, thank God. So im glad it didnt make the news, if it meant someone had to actually be shot. But if you still need convincing that this happened, just pm me.

To the person that initially posted this. I am a Graduate from McEachern and grew up in Powder Springs for 15 years. In HS I had gone to a lot of house parties in Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, and other towns. Just so you know the parties were the CRAZIEST in Dallas. This is just a reminder that this can happen ANYWHERE (including Paulding County). So please don't stereotype teenagers from Powder Springs and McEachern!!!

To the person that initially posted this. I am a Graduate from McEachern and grew up in Powder Springs for 15 years. In HS I had gone to a lot of house parties in Powder Springs, Hiram, Dallas, and other towns. Just so you know the parties were the CRAZIEST in Dallas. This is just a reminder that this can happen ANYWHERE (including Paulding County). So please don't stereotype teenagers from Powder Springs and McEachern!!!

In both shootings the individuals responsible are students from Powder Springs. And as I stated in my post that these individuals belong to this so called gang, I was not stereotyping all students from McEachern. And im pretty sure students from McEachern know who these thugs are and refuse to turn them in. These thugs seem to be targeting students from Hiram High School, because all three victims were from Hiram High School. And these A$$ holes came to a Hiram graduation party and shot somone and the guy almost died. So do you know who these thugs are? Ever heard of this gang? Maybe you can help by turning them in since you are from Powder Springs.