Paulding.com

Blood Drive May 4th

Our Brownie Troop is planning a Blood Drive for May 11th. We are in the planning stages and we need 50 people to sign up to donate blood in order to book the Drive with the Red Cross. Those interested please post. This Drive is in Honor of a young child diagnosed with Leukemia last Fall. He doesn't live in GA, however, his extended Family and Friends do.

More details to come once we have at least 50 people on the list. We have one month to get our minimum number of 50 signed up.

The Senior Center is allowing us to hold the blood drive at their facility.

Thanks!

Odie

Edited by odie
Our Brownie Troop is planning a Blood Drive for May 4th. We are in the planning stages and we need 50 people to sign up to donate blood in order to book the Drive with the Red Cross. Those interested please post. This Drive is in Honor of a young child diagnosed with Leukemia last Fall. He doesn't live in GA, however, his extended Family and Friends do.

More details to come once we have at least 50 people on the list. We have one month to get our minimum number of 50 signed up.

We were hoping to set up the Drive at a local church so far nothing has been available for us.

Thanks!

Odie

Maybe you could check with the Hiram Community Center or the Senior Citizens Center. Let me know when and where this will be. I will donate.

...............Okay... I get chills thinking of the needle... BUT... I do carry a rare blood, that they often ask for... so... Just let me know when and where...

I don't like shots. In fact, I kinda freak about them. But giving blood is a cinch. No fears at all. Not a big deal. We can do it together.

I want to sign up, but it is impossible for me to get home to pick up my son and be back in town by 7pm. If it was a weekend I'd be all over it. LPPT and I have a deal that we're going to give blood for the first time ever (for both of us) together. Please let me know if this gets changed to a weekend.

Confirmed-May 11th at the Senior Center from 2pm-7pm.

I want to sign up, but it is impossible for me to get home to pick up my son and be back in town by 7pm. If it was a weekend I'd be all over it. LPPT and I have a deal that we're going to give blood for the first time ever (for both of us) together. Please let me know if this gets changed to a weekend.

We were told that the weekend drives are for big organizations. I know Westridge will be hosting a drive soon...

Edited by odie

I am so there with you!

My dad has leukemia and this is why he needs transfusions.

Thank you! We spoke with the Red Cross Rep. yesterday and he stated we just need to have a starting group of people which is why we need people to sign up. I know more may just show up and that would be GREAT! Please spread the word with your family and friends and co-workers. If you know of someone else that will be going with you or is going to donate blood at this drive, please post the additional post with the number of people to add with initials is fine.

The Brownie Troop has big plans for May!

We have approx.15 people signed up so far...

Thanks!

You can add me and my DH to your list.

Lord knows how many transfusions my mom had to have so it is time that I helped to give back to others what they gave to her.

Please pm me to remind me.

You might want to change the date in the thread title as it shows May 4th so people won't be confused. (I get confused easily) lol

I tried...I wasn't able to change it. Maybe the MOD can do this....sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
DATE CHANGE FOR BLOOD DRIVE!

NEW DATE: MAY 12TH

WHERE: PAULDING SENIOR CENTER

TIME: 2PM-7PM

WRONG!

The Red Cross Rep. has corrected the calendar.

The blood drive will be on May 11th from 3-7pm at the Paulding Sr.Ctr.

Please spread the word....I've asked the "MOD" to delete the previous post for May12th.

Thanks!

ODie