Paulding.com

1999 Felony Insurance Fraud arrest surfaces in Braddock's background

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you run for office you will have to be on the Democratic ticket. You couldn't qualify on the Republican ticket.

The district 19 seat is and has been full of embarassement for Paulding for years.   Richardson's escapades had long been in the media, and even with the continual denials it was and still is an emb

Raise your hand if it was for a form of tax fraud and you now want people to trust you with their tax dollars.     Forgiveness is not the same as forgetfullness and not looking at the past is what

It just keeps getting better for the local republican party,she now joins the Bad girlz of the GOP. Solid member of the dark side,I cringe to wonder what else could there be? Is there no end to the path of sorrow they bring on themselves and the once respected republican party? Now in shambles,will Paulette do the right thing and step down from here ill fated quest of a public office.

It would be the best thing & right thing,please don't worry other's are joining you. The trail of tears your walking must torment you.closedeyes.gif

Raise your hand if you have been arrested but not prosecuted....

I'll be no. 1.

So a pretrial diversion is not considered prosecution?? Is this really the type of candidate we want representing Paulding County at the Gold dome??

I'll be no. 1.

:good: I was only 13 and it was for cutting school, so I guess I fall in to that category. The wonderful police dept scared the crap out of me, I was never going to see my family again. They were going to lock me up and throw away the key............:lol: I swore I'd never want to see the inside of those cells. Whew.......it was a close call. :drinks:

But then there was the speeding ticket, I was actually convicted of driving 11 miles over the speed limit. ;)

So a pretrial diversion is not considered prosecution?? Is this really the type of candidate we want representing Paulding County at the Gold dome??

Well at least she didn't sleep with her Father-in-law, but wait............that's not illegal is it??? :pardon:

But there is a HUGE difference in dropping charges and pretrial diversion. By going the PRe-trial diversion route she more or less accepted that she was guilty as charged.

I am not sure why folks keep taking up for her. She was horrible :blink: when she was on the school board (yes I work in the system and witnessed several times with my own eyes) and now she is continuing to act as if she is untouchable.

{{sigh}} Honestly, I usually vote Republican but between her and Deal....the unethical behavior is just tooo much! She needs to go.

I will be voting for the other guy JUST to be voting against her! :angry:

Well at least she didn't sleep with her Father-in-law, but wait............that's not illegal is it??? :pardon:

No,Sleeping with her father-in-law is not illegal, Are you saying this occured also???

Insurance Fraud is not only illegal, But it is also a felony according to Georgia.

I find this interpation of the the Cobb county Pretrial Diversion program very interesting... http://www.cobbda.com/PretrialDiversion.htm

I am sure you will take the time to read this???

What I got out of this program is A person entering the pretrial diversion program must first ENTER A PLEA OF GUILTY

Is that how you interpet the program?

But there is a HUGE difference in dropping charges and pretrial diversion. By going the PRe-trial diversion route she more or less accepted that she was guilty as charged.

I am not sure why folks keep taking up for her. She was horrible :blink: when she was on the school board (yes I work in the system and witnessed several times with my own eyes) and now she is continuing to act as if she is untouchable.

{{sigh}} Honestly, I usually vote Republican but between her and Deal....the unethical behavior is just tooo much! She needs to go.

I will be voting for the other guy JUST to be voting against her! :angry:

I don't know, I just think it's horrible that someone would reach so far to try and discredit someone. I think taking up for her is just my way of saying low blows are disgusting. I want to see a candidate win on his/her merits not how much worse their opponent is. :mellow:

Remember a lot of the people voted for Stout, who didn't bother to let any one know about his indiscretions before he was sent to finish out Richardson's term. Many of these people that are trying to destroy Paulette actually supported Stout. Funny these few think they get to pick and choose who's the worst. ;)

Honesty is the best policy, Paulette really needs to come out and tell us the entire truth about this stuff BEFORE the election. Skeletons have a way of rattling their bones even when they've been in the closet a long time.

I'd like to hear her side of this. ;)

• Like 1

No,Sleeping with her father-in-law is not illegal, Are you saying this occured also???

Insurance Fraud is not only illegal, But it is also a felony according to Georgia.

I find this interpation of the the Cobb county Pretrial Diversion program very interesting... http://www.cobbda.com/PretrialDiversion.htm

I am sure you will take the time to read this???

What I got out of this program is A person entering the pretrial diversion program must first ENTER A PLEA OF GUILTY

Is that how you interpet the program?

Is there a date for this particular document? I'm assuming you researched it and that this definition of the Pretrail Diversion program was in effect exactly as stated in 1998. Correct? I'm asking to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges, even though, as a restident of Cobb, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I don't know, I just think it's horrible that someone would reach so far to try and discredit someone. I think taking up for her is just my way of saying low blows are disgusting. I want to see a candidate win on his/her merits not how much worse their opponent is. mellow.gif

Remember a lot of the people voted for Stout, who didn't bother to let any one know about his indiscretions before he was sent to finish out Richardson's term. Many of these people that are trying to destroy Paulette actually supported Stout. Funny these few think they get to pick and choose who's the worst. wink.gif

Honesty is the best policy, Paulette really needs to come out and tell us the entire truth about this stuff BEFORE the election. Skeletons have a way of rattling their bones even when they've been in the closet a long time.

I'd like to hear her side of this. wink.gif

Will has always been open and honest about his views and proposed solutions. If you are wondering what he wants to do, visit his website, talk to him, or better yet, just read the P-com boards.

Fact is that these things are important. Ms. Braddock wants to come out and represent us as an elected official, but yet she was arrested in 1999 for felony insurance fraud-- for illegally forging receipts-- a crime that can carry up to 5 years behind bars. Naturegirl, it's not even a comparison to skipping school, a youthful indiscretion that is hardly a felony. She lied in order to swindle money out of people, and she did this when (if my math serves me well) she was in her thirties. Yes, because it was her first offense, and it was also not a violent offense, they allowed her to essentially "plead out" for 100 hours of community service, but that is not "dropping charges" in the least-- in fact, if you read the documents, it says that if she did not complete her diversion program legally, she would be prosecuted in a court of law.

Will has always been forthright about what he stands for, and I frankly think he has been blunt and honest. If you don't agree with his views, you shouldn't vote for him, point blank. But do you not think that people deserve to know the fact that Paulette Braddock was arrested in 1999 for insurance fraud, arrested in 2003 for domestic violence, missed umpteen votes and days while a school board member, voted for 8 tax increases, refuses to openly and honestly participate in public discussions with her opponent, hardly provides any solutions, but instead sticks to empty rhetoric, and quite a bit more? I mean you can still vote for her if you want, but Paulding County has been the butt of national jokes for quite some time, and the person you want to elect next is that many more times worse? Beyond the fact that I cannot fathom her being a good Representative in my opinion, she has this to boot? We're talking about someone who wants to vote about how to deal with our money, but yet lies, cheats, and steals when it comes to her own! You can call these "low blows" all you want, but--and this is just me-- it's VERY relevant. It speaks to character. It speaks to honesty. It speaks to responsibility. If you don't want someone with those qualities, vote Paulette 100%. Otherwise, it might behoove you either to vote for Will or just to sit this one out.

• Like 4

I wonder what will turn up next?enough is enough people. The criminal behavior she exhibits isn't what we want as representing our area. Perry Mason couldn't dig her out of her record. This is a record of a career criminal,sad thing people close to her knew it but didn't say a thing. They tried to cover this up and push there agenda. How desperate can you get.

Vote right choice,right person,right now.good.gif

Is there a date for this particular document? I'm assuming you researched it and that this definition of the Pretrail Diversion program was in effect exactly as stated in 1998. Correct? I'm asking to make sure I'm comparing apples to apples and not apples to oranges, even though, as a restident of Cobb, I don't have a dog in this fight.

I guess some folks will nit pick any thing.... Facts..... She was arrested for Insurance Fraud, She chose not to carry the case to trial, She signed the pretrial agreement, And followed through on the provisions of the signed agreement. I have no idea what the law was in 1999, Do you?

I believe the record will reflect that she was not only arrested but was also indicted,And a trial date was set for July or August, She chose not to go to trial,But rather entered the pre trial diversion program what is your point?

• Like 1

How do you know the candidate has not been the example of honest since falling and making poor choices in 1998?

You have to extend grace sooner or later. None of us are perfect. I really don't know anything about the candidate, but I do know that we have to fogive and move on sooner or later or we become bitter old men. Just look in the mirror.

I'll be no. 1.

Raise your hand if it was for a form of tax fraud and you now want people to trust you with their tax dollars.

You have to extend grace sooner or later. None of us are perfect. I really don't know anything about the candidate, but I do know that we have to fogive and move on sooner or later or we become bitter old men. Just look in the mirror.

Forgiveness is not the same as forgetfullness and not looking at the past is what got this nation into the mess it is in. You can foregive someone without setting yourself up to take a fall based on their prior actions.

Edited by Go BLUE!
  • Like 6

How do you know the candidate has not been the example of honest since falling and making poor choices in 1998?

I moved on when Kim Cobb defeated her in 2007 by a land slide, I am not bitter, I am an old man though, Paulding County deserves to have a District 19 House Representive who will represent the citizens with intergity,And be honest and above board at all times, Will Avery is that person

I wonder what will turn up next?enough is enough people. The criminal behavior she exhibits isn't what we want as representing our area. Perry Mason couldn't dig her out of her record. This is a record of a career criminal,sad thing people close to her knew it but didn't say a thing. They tried to cover this up and push there agenda. How desperate can you get.

Vote right choice,right person,right now.good.gif

There is more coming!!!

I don't know, I just think it's horrible that someone would reach so far to try and discredit someone. I think taking up for her is just my way of saying low blows are disgusting. I want to see a candidate win on his/her merits not how much worse their opponent is. :mellow:

You have GOT to be cheezeting me!

Paulette is the person to blame for any discredit. And Paulette is a damn fool for running for office with this kind of skeleton in her closet.

And if anyone at the Paulding Republican Party was aware of these skeletons, (and we all know they were); the good, decent, honest, law abiding Republicans in Paulding County should kick these low life bastards as far away from the Republican Party as they can get them. These are some desperate people.

• Like 5

You have GOT to be cheezeting me!

Paulette is the person to blame for any discredit. And Paulette is a damn fool for running for office with this kind of skeleton in her closet.

And if anyone at the Paulding Republican Party was aware of these skeletons, (and we all know they were); the good, decent, honest, law abiding Republicans in Paulding County should kick these low life bastards as far away from the Republican Party as they can get them. These are some desperate people.

You've got that right. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raise your hand if it was for a form of tax fraud and you now want people to trust you with their tax dollars.

Forgiveness is not the same as forgetfullness and not looking at the past is what got this nation into the mess it is in. You can foregive someone without setting yourself up to take a fall based on their prior actions.

You both make a lot of sense. You have to forgive people, but putting them in a position to mess up on a grander scale would be foolish.

I'm not perfect, but I have never been arrested. Never had a speeding ticket, or any other moving violation. To me, fraud is one of the worst things to be involved in, when you want to run for any public office.

Kinda like Nathan Deal?

Kinda like Nathan Deal?

Like any of them. It seems harder and harder to find an honest politician, and fraud/theft is a bad trait for someone dealing with my money. I have a hard enough time dealing with it by myself, and certainly dont need any help! :wacko:

I guess some folks will nit pick any thing.... Facts..... She was arrested for Insurance Fraud, She chose not to carry the case to trial, She signed the pretrial agreement, And followed through on the provisions of the signed agreement. I have no idea what the law was in 1999, Do you?

I believe the record will reflect that she was not only arrested but was also indicted,And a trial date was set for July or August, She chose not to go to trial,But rather entered the pre trial diversion program what is your point?

First, I do NOT know what the law read in 1999 (or 1998) but I don't know why anyone would expect me to know it since I am not the one that used it as a source of information. Second, my point is simply that information should be accurate and verified when posted by anyone who is attempting to sway another's opinion about a third party.

Well, it was 1999. But the pre-trial diversion aspect does make it more serious than the other arrest. But overall, still nothing to do with why I'm not voting for her. If she were the candidate I liked and agreed with, and (and this is important) she had been up-front with all this when she first announced her candidacy, I would still vote for her. But, as it happens, I am voting for Will.

When she first announced, she could have said something like, "I have made some serious errors in judgment in the past. I was arrested twice; once 11 years ago for felony insurance fraud for (and list the thingy and the outcome), and once 7 years ago for domestic violence when I scratched my then-husband's arm trying to get my cell phone from him, which charges were dropped as I was going through a messy divorce at the time. I have learned from my past, and have spent the last number of years rebuilding my character from the ground up and am committed to doing the right thing, and will do so as your representive, blah blah blah." Or whatever. Which is essentially what Daniel Stout did, EXCEPT that he did it after somebody else spilled the beans. He, too, should have come out with it first...big mistake. I voted for him because of his character now, but not coming out with it first really did do him major damage and just wasn't wise.

no matter how you sugarcoat it, a criminal is a criminal is a criminal!! Insurance fraud is a serious charge. I think many of you are so stubborn to prove that you are correct, that you may be overlooking a very critical point! Rep or Dem, her character is tainted and voters need to vote good choice!!

but I do know that we have to fogive and move on sooner or later or we become bitter old men. Just look in the mirror.

If I ever look in the mirror and see a bitter old man, I'll just keel over dead with a heart attack. :D

First, I do NOT know what the law read in 1999 (or 1998) but I don't know why anyone would expect me to know it since I am not the one that used it as a source of information. Second, my point is simply that information should be accurate and verified when posted by anyone who is attempting to sway another's opinion about a third party.

How much more proof do you need,public records. Police reports,what more black & white?

As I been saying she is a loon. Anyone who had met her back when her oldest was in school could see that and that's right around the time all this went down.

You gotta be an idiot to want her to represent anything.

Where's her supporter on here that never shuts up? Madea? It's gotta be Paulette herself. :lol:

As I been saying she is a loon. Anyone who had met her back when her oldest was in school could see that and that's right around the time all this went down.

You gotta be an idiot to want her to represent anything.

Where's her supporter on here that never shuts up? Madea? It's gotta be Paulette herself. :lol:

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :good: :good: :good: :good: :D :D