Paulding.com

DAVID AUSTIN AND CENSORSHIP OF COUNTY MEETINGS

Any candidate I support, will indeed be vetted. However, it's tough to know what they will "really" do once they are elected.

I give you one of David Austin's campaign mailers from 2008. Who's not listening now? And who has his own agenda?

post-46011-0-50259200-1422982790_thumb.jpg

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOT, in my opinion you are talking about one of the main root cause's of every issue we are dealing with... The lack of open, honest, transparent & ethical accountability. I include ethical becaus

I have just recently became aware through an acquaintance that the Board of Commissioners meeting that is videotaped by the county and presented for viewing on the Paulding County web site as well as

When it comes to our elected county officials (or anyone for that matter), I am reminded of something a friend of mine used to say. "If I like you, you can't do much wrong. If I don't like you, you c

Posted Images

Any candidate I support, will indeed be vetted. However, it's tough to know what they will "really" do once they are elected.

I give you one of David Austin's campaign mailers from 2008. Who's not listening now? And who has his own agenda?

The BOC is under a microscope. Politicians tend to be more honest and keep to their word when the public eye pays attention to county business.

• Like 1

The BOC is under a microscope. Politicians tend to be more honest and keep to their word when the public eye pays attention to county business.

Yes, cr!

Awareness is the name of the game, and standing up, speaking out, and talking back is the way to fame.

You are famous, cr, but you are also aware of the facts, like they are in reality.

Edited by The Postman
  • Like 1

No offense NJ, but this is what I was thinking we should avoid. That was what happened when we wanted to get rid of King Jerry, and wound up with Prince David. I was sort of hinting for is that "Whitey" might head up a citizens committee to search for and/or recruit a trustworthy candidate for the job. If "Whitey" and the committee can not find someone, at least they could properly vet(sp) the candidates that choose to run. Just sayin!!!

BRAIN FART,,,,, Maybe "Whitey" should run!!!!!!!

:pardon: :) :D :p

No offense taken and I hope you don't take any when I say I think you are wrong!

Don't they edit video from these meetings to meet time restraints on the public access channel? If they only have an hour slotted for time on public access for the meeting, then I can see why they edit out 30 minutes.

I could buy this agrument if they ran a message at the bottom of the screen for the last minute on TV... "Actual meeting time ran over our scheduled time frame. Refer to www.paulding.gov for this meeting in it's entirety".

But since this might not be an option, I suggest "This meeting has been edited for time & content. Refer to Facebook Page "Stop Paulding County Airport Expansion" for this meeting in it's entirety".

Edited by mojo413
  • Like 3

I think he will do very well as a post Commission member. He is a good man.

I have no doubt that at least a couple of good people will stand up when the time comes.

In this day in time, it takes more than a good man to hold office. Years ago, it would have been ok. It takes education now>

In this day in time, it takes more than a good man to hold office. Years ago, it would have been ok. It takes education now>

You can get that by schooling yourself. Think he has done that.. Why not give him a chance before you start pounding on him. He is the Post Commissioner and he may be one of the best we have ever had.

• Like 3

When it comes to our elected county officials (or anyone for that matter), I am reminded of something a friend of mine used to say.

"If I like you, you can't do much wrong. If I don't like you, you can't do much right."

I like you, stradial, but you certainly can't do much right. :friends:

Censorship is wrong whether a person is liked or disliked. It is something that most communist countries do as well as some of the mid East countries.

Censorship has no place in the free world and must be stamped out wherever it occurs.

• Like 2

Greatma....

The best trait of any elected official is openness, honesty , and Transparency, politicians who have these traits do not tend to censor citizens speaking out at public meetings.

• Like 2

Greatma....

The best trait of any elected official is openness, honesty , and Transparency, politicians who have these traits do not tend to censor citizens speaking out at public meetings.

Whitey, years ago that would have been ok. I can remember when we had Chairmans that only had high school education,

but now a days they need more.

I believe the correlation would be to the fact those in power who have to censor the videos of the meetings they chair, might just be more that a bit on the Paranoid - schizophrenia side. That is, their poor brains are so fogged over by their paranoia [like Pubby's Strip Search in order for a citizen to enter the commission building or meeting] that they lose the ability to think clearly.

And it often will exhibit the "If you're not with me, then you are against me......paranoia".

To quote Einstien, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again.......and expect different results. David Austin can no longer see the forest, for all the trees in the way.

And don't expect any nice informative Town Hall Meetings with David in the Chairman's seat.....he'd flip out first. From where I sit, he is down right delusional, and so is Bobble Head Carmichael.

I believe the correlation would be to the fact those in power who have to censor the videos of the meetings they chair, might just be more that a bit on the Paranoid - schizophrenia side. That is, their poor brains are so fogged over by their paranoia [like Pubby's Strip Search in order for a citizen to enter the commission building or meeting] that they lose the ability to think clearly.

And it often will exhibit the "If you're not with me, then you are against me......paranoia".

To quote Einstien, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again.......and expect different results. David Austin can no longer see the forest, for all the trees in the way.

And don't expect any nice informative Town Hall Meetings with David in the Chairman's seat.....he'd flip out first. From where I sit, he is down right delusional, and so is Bobble Head Carmichael.

I think you read way too much into the editing of the videos of the commission meetings. I've not viewed them nor have do I intend to do so in part because I don't believe they include the 'citizen input' sections as a matter of course. I would be surprised, however if the editing extended to the sometimes extended remarks of the post commissioners who may be debating an issue like the removal of appointed board members.

From a logical point of view, the public comments at commission meetings in particular (but also meetings of boards like the IBA, etc.) are provided the public as a courtesy and are not a requirement of the law nor are they an official part of the order of business of the county or the various boards.

The one exception to this being the formal elements of the planning and zoning function where the future use of a piece of land is at question and the comments of the land owner and residents surrounding the proposed land development are relevant and part of a specific public hearing. Other events where a public hearing with comments are formally called for to be part of the public record are also circumstances where the comments should be captured and be part of the video record.

However, comments at commission meetings aren't among the public comments with any standing in relation to the business of the meeting.

That the commissioners sit on their dais and listen (or not) is the reality. In the context that actions speak louder than words; the elimination of the discussions from the video record (whether or not they are pro or anti the commissions approach) is just a statement that the comments 'don't really count.'

Oh, and before you think that I'm being mean or supporting the commission or any of that other rot ... please forgive me for saying this too - there is no Santa Claus.

pubby

I disagree Pubby!

The 4th Tuesday meeting, May of 2006 was orchestrated and choreogrpahed per King Jerry to make his boy Mickey Womble look good, and to beat up on Melissa and I, and the manner in which they edited the footage is how they set out to accomplish just this.

We spoke, and laid out how Womble and Contour were totally ignoring the zoning board's stipulations. Not to mention how they just ignored obtaining the correct permits for the work they were doing and having it inspected.

How they paid no attention to the silt fences, unless the state EPD was going to be coming to inspect.....that would get action, until the EPD guys left, then it all went back to business as usual. Develope to maintain and protect the Morrison road frontage right of way......so they bull doze EVERYTHING, lower the elevation 3-5 feet and leave us with a driveway entrance a long trailer, like my Uncle'c RV trailer, cannot enter without bottoming out.

Why give us stipulation at all if the powers that be are not going to enforce them.

We complained about the mud, and dust storms for lack of eroision control. King Jerry cuts part of that and interjects how in his whole entire life he could not recall a time we had 40-50 mph wind storms, and they were sorry it got so bad we had to vacate our home.

We complained about Womble and Contour bull dozing some of our trees, and wiping out 50' of buffer entirely. Womble is allowed to speak of how the Morrisons have 1600' of buffer, so we should not be upset about losing only 50'.

Then much to our surprise, King Jerry Shearin invited Mickey Womble out of the audience to rebut us, and goes throught this big charade deal of polling all the commissioners to make sure they are all on board with Mickey speaking........but NONE of that is in the video. Want to see it.....I've got a copy.
Our issues were basically 2 fold:
Womble and Contour had 2 separate zonings up for approval at this meeting, for land in the SAME PRD.
One was to amend the various stipulations as granted at the march 22, 2005 P&Z meetings and subsequent BoC meetings to approve. ALL the amendments were to save Mickey money.
NO longer a grey water reuse PRD, as we had been promised from the get go, based on protecting our ground water level in our old bored well that supplied water to our vegetable garden and Melissa's 5 Koi ponds.
Saved Womble a million or so, ..... and cost us all of melissa's Koi, some of which were 10-12 year old pets that ate out of her hand. These were some big beautiful fish. Womble's blasting collapsed the bottom of the well, burned up the pump, after allowing it to pump muddy water into the ponds all night, killing most of the fish.
And King Jerry's editing of the meeting tape was all done to hide what he was doing to let Womble rebut us, even though by their own rules which Beverely Cochran read at the beginning of the meetings prohibited Womble from being able to speak.
The other zoning issues was bringing another 40+ acres into the PRD since I had taken the initiative to let Mark Haney at WellStar know he had an option to buy the 40 acres on the south and west side of the 30 acres Wellstar already had at 278 & 120. He exercised that option, which he only learned about after I informed him the first week of January 2006, and the option expired March 22, 2006. Womble had that zoning request to bring in another 40 acres on the other side of the PRD so he could fufill his obligations to D.R.Horton for "X" number of lots.
But according to State law, you CANNOT have 2 separate zoning requests for the same PRD back to back at the same meeting. One of the zonings should have been tabled until the next meeting the following month.
But hey, like Prince Black Swafford told me a few months earlier when I asked how come we were not getting to review the PRD blue prints and sign off on them as promised at the P&Z meetings????? And he replied because Mickey has a sort time table on this project and has to get if finished earlier.
Liars all!!!! Liar, Liar, pants on FIRE!!!!

Whitey, years ago that would have been ok. I can remember when we had Chairmans that only had high school education,

but now a days they need more.

I disagree. You do know the guy who started the Varsity did not have a college degree don't you. There are many successful businessmen and women who don't. I am tempted to say stuff it....... :p

• Like 2

I disagree. You do know the guy who started the Varsity did not have a college degree don't you. There are many successful businessmen and women who don't. I am tempted to say stuff it....... :p

Am I not able to express my opinion. So when did the Varsity start, many years ago, which you did not need to have an education.

I still say in this day and time he needs more education. If you want to go off, go for it, it won't bother me. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Am I not able to express my opinion. So when did the Varsity start, many years ago, which you did not need to have an education.

I still say in this day and time he needs more education. If you want to go off, go for it, it won't bother me. Just my opinion.

I agree with you on this Greatma. Most other members of county, city, state governments have a college education. Anyone who doesn't is viewed as uneducated and will not be viewed by others as being able to play on a level playing field. They are instantly viewed as inferior.

Sorry guys, but that's the truth of it. Leaders should have accomplishments. Like a degree.

• Like 1

I agree with you on this Greatma. Most other members of county, city, state governments have a college education. Anyone who doesn't is viewed as uneducated and will not be viewed by others as being able to play on a level playing field. They are instantly viewed as inferior.

Sorry guys, but that's the truth of it. Leaders should have accomplishments. Like a degree.

You might want to check on how many of your political leadership failed to get thier degrees. You know, state representatives, Lt Governors, judges, etc.

Many times, although I would prefer those in charge at least have demonstrated they could do what it takes to finish and get a degree, having dome down home seat of the pants common sense is a whole lot better.

Well, if you say it's so, it must be true.

• Like 1

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Most of the time we agree and I was kind of joking with some of my comment. BTW I really like Scott Walker and he does not have a college degree either. He has been a great Governor in Wisconsin so he is living proof that a government official does not necessarily have to have a degree. Karen Handel does not have one either and I like her too.

• Like 1

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. Most of the time we agree and I was kind of joking with some of my comment. BTW I really like Scott Walker and he does not have a college degree either. He has been a great Governor in Wisconsin so he is living proof that a government official does not necessarily have to have a degree. Karen Handel does not have one either and I like her too.

Good luck to Walker. He did compleat three years but dropped out. He will be the first President with no higher education since Hoover.

Different time NJ.

Obama is an idiot so I would take Walker any day of the week. Wonder when Obama is going to release his college papers and grades?

Like past presidents, he was not required to do so. Get over it already. Confirmation of a degree is good enough for me. In fact, he was Ivy League educated.

Obama is an idiot so I would take Walker any day of the week. Wonder when Obama is going to release his college papers and grad

Years ago I would not have thought this. I had jobs that now they would ask for college. That is the way times have changed.

You have to have college just about for anything. I am a believer that common sense goes a long way. but not many people

have that now.

• Like 1

This is my comment on the issue. In the past there have been folks that feel passionately about an issue, such as the airport, the new courthouse, and other projects. I have no problem with that. I think it is great.

But then there are a few and I have seen it first hand that once they sign up, put their name down and stand behind that podium with an audience being held captive for 5 minutes get a rush.

From then on they check the agenda, form an opinion or simply notice something that is the responsibility of the county is not up to snuff.

I can only imagine their anticipation waiting for the publishing of the video where they get tell the BOC what is what.

The board of commissioners politely listen as always.

The way to test the waters is not to publish to see if someone really cares about the issue or if they are grandstanding. Those grandstanding tend to disappear after a few times of not being published.

I don't believe in censorship, but on the other hand I don't want to hear someone babble about any and everything to make themselves the star of every BOC meeting.

• Like 3

This is my comment on the issue. In the past there have been folks that feel passionately about an issue, such as the airport, the new courthouse, and other projects. I have no problem with that. I think it is great.

But then there are a few and I have seen it first hand that once they sign up, put their name down and stand behind that podium with an audience being held captive for 5 minutes get a rush.

From then on they check the agenda, form an opinion or simply notice something that is the responsibility of the county is not up to snuff.

I can only imagine their anticipation waiting for the publishing of the video where they get tell the BOC what is what.

The way to test the waters is not to publish to see if someone really cares about the issue or if they are grandstanding. Those grandstanding tend to disappear after a few times of not being published.

I don't believe in censorship, but on the other hand I don't want to hear someone babble about any and everything to make themselves the star of every BOC meeting.

We are in agreement about this. It becomes petty and just consumes time. Make it about something important.

• Like 1

YOU, the arbiter of ones intent? LOFLMAO.

Actually, me having said it, it holds no water. Know why? Because that's my opinion.

Opinion or truth?

All I'm going to say about this is look where those educated fools have gotten us.............are we better off since Hoover? I see a bunch of educated idiots, one a supposed Constitutional Scholar, circumventing the Constitution every chance he gets. There's that Ivy League education for you.

It's time we realize no matter how much education one has, it doesn't necessarily make them smarter or a better person for the job.

As far as speaking goes, I assure you I don't do it for five minutes of video. I do keep hoping something I say will make our BOC understand, from a citizens point of view, why I don't agree with what they do. Editing the videos just shows that what we peons have to say to royalty doesn't really matter. Heaven forbid they should have to listen to that crap again.

I speak because people need to know what's going on. I'd prefer not to even be on tape, just voice would be good enough for me. It's not about how I look, but more about what I'm saying.

Shame on those that think we are speaking for a "rush". This is exactly how things have gotten where they are..........hush, we don't want to hear what you have to say. We're the boss of you!

Edited by tundra
  • Like 2

Why should just a hand full interrupt the meeting with their clapping. That don't get them anything. No, I do not want

our county to go backwards. You folks that moved here hoping it would not change, I am sorry. I have lived here my

entire life, and I have seen a lot of changes, some good and some bad. Change is progress, most of the time. I sure don't like

everything that goes on, all the way to the top, but everybody can't be happy all the time. All this bickering and interrupting

Meetings does not accomplish anything.

• Like 2