Paulding.com

Restaurants open on Thanksgiving?

With too many people at my house and no one else wanting to host, getting MIL ready to move, moving her on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and Hubby running a half marathon TG morning, he suggested that we find a restaurant to go to for Thanksgiving dinner, but I have no idea if anyone is even open. Help!!

Edited by momof 3

Marietta Diner!!

OMG, it's so good and SO much food!

We've been a couple of times the last few years. And we talked about going this year, but I would really like to cook this year.

I've heard sooo many good things about this place. Thanks!!! Do they take reservations, do we need them?

I don't think the Diner takes reservations, but the Blue Willow used to. We went there one Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. It's just a long drive and after that much food, all I want to do is take a nap.

I just looked on the Blue Willow website and it says they take reservations.

What I love about the Diner is they bring this wonderful, fresh baked bread and real butter, then some appetizers, then some more food, then a salad, then the entrée with 2 or 3 sides and it's so much food you have a meal to bring home.

And if you love chocolate get the Suicide Chocolate cake. O. M. G.

Thanksgiving dinner out? Marietta diner all the way!

We've never done Thanksgiving out, but with everything going on with MIL, Hubby thought it was be easier. My daughters wanted to order pizza, but I had to put my foot down on that one!

Edited by momof 3

Marietta Diner!!

OMG, it's so good and SO much food!

We've been a couple of times the last few years. And we talked about going this year, but I would really like to cook this year.

We went there for Thanksgiving a few years ago. They put apples in their dressing, bleck!! And honestly, maybe we have just eaten out there too many times, but lately, I have not been very impressed with their food. Even the cakes have been dry.

• Like 1

I don't think the Diner takes reservations, but the Blue Willow used to. We went there one Thanksgiving and it was wonderful. It's just a long drive and after that much food, all I want to do is take a nap.

I just looked on the Blue Willow website and it says they take reservations.

You must have reservations at the Blue Willow on Thanksgiving. They are booked solid that day.

You must have reservations at the Blue Willow on Thanksgiving. They are booked solid that day.

You're right, I remember calling and we had like a 2:00, I figured we would be in between and we were, it was crowded but we didn't have to wait at all. As we were leaving there were huge groups waiting.

My daughter and SIL are rooting for GC, thank you for the info.

You really will miss an experience at the Diner. It's crowded, but it moves, and the food is so good and so much.

.And the turkey and dressing is very good, and I don't even like Turkey.

We've never done Thanksgiving out, but with everything going on with MIL, Hubby thought it was be easier. My daughters wanted to order pizza, but I had to put my foot down on that one!

How dare them,they should order wings :yahoo: