Paulding.com

Suv plows into Auto Zone store

Wow! Hope to get an updated story soon!

How the heck ... sometimes I worry about the people who actually manage get licenses in this state...

I have pictures and video, I could not get anyone on the scene to give me much detail, even the identity of the drive. The employees stated that the driver and passenger did not to be seriously injured.

wreck 041.JPGwreck 039.JPG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgByTM5t0PA&feature=youtu.be

Glad everyone is OK :wub:

I'd be skeered too! (see, I listen) :)

I bet that guy could ZOOM in on a flea @

100 yards and tell you what time the flea's

watch said. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know you said the cross roads in Dallas but I am having a hard time placing where this happened.

Seems there have been a lot of these incidents happening and on the news in the last few months?

It's the Autozone that sits directly across the road from the small shopping strip with East Paulding Animal Hospital.

Edited by Paulding Yankee

It's the Autozone that sits directly across the road from the small shopping strip with East Paulding Animal Hospital.

O.o;

I didn't know there was anything across from EPAH

Negative. E. Paulding Animal Hospital is on 120 near the intersection of 92. After watching the video, this is at the AutoZone at Crossroads, which is where 92 runs into Cedarcrest and 381.

Edited to add that there is (or used to be...I haven't looked lately) an animal hospital which name I don't know there next to Las Maguey's and the Chevron, and then there is the St. Francis Animal Hospital there behind Martino's.

Edited by mei lan

Why does this seem to happen so often lately? I can't imagine!! Cellphones, maybe? :pardon: I mean, WTH?

I don't think this is at all new. I remember thirty years ago sitting in the restaurant my Mom worked and a woman thought she had her car in reverse but it was in drive and she went right into the side of the building. You get more information faster now, but doesn't mean it hasn't been occuring more frequently now.... :good:

I don't think this is at all new. I remember thirty years ago sitting in the restaurant my Mom worked and a woman thought she had her car in reverse but it was in drive and she went right into the side of the building. You get more information faster now, but doesn't mean it hasn't been occuring more frequently now.... :good:

Speed of the news is one of the reasons you hear about it more, but it does happen more frequently as well.

There are a LOT more people in this area (Atlanta metro) than there were 30 years ago.

More people = more frequency of accidents.

I'm sure cell phones and other electronic devices have an large impact on the numbers as well,

as 30 year ago, we didn't have as many driver distractions and we do now.

I was eating in a Steak n Shake years ago, and looked to see a car coming towards the building where I was sitting in a booth. Picked up my food and drink, stepped back a few steps and watched the old man plow right into where I was sitting. Everyone was freaking yelling and running away. The old guy kept stepping on the gas, the front tires were spinning on the floor. I was the only person in there who wasn't freaking out, so I reached in turned off the engine and took the keys out. The old guy had no clue what was going on, and kept trying to drive, I had to tell him "YOU ARE INSIDE A BUILDING!" Then went back to my food and ate until the sheriff's department showed up. Even the old guy had no clue what he just did, or where was. And to make it worse, he got a free trucking soda while I had to pay for my food and may have kept him from doing even more damage.

Speed of the news is one of the reasons you hear about it more, but it does happen more frequently as well.

There are a LOT more people in this area (Atlanta metro) than there were 30 years ago.

More people = more frequency of accidents.

I'm sure cell phones and other electronic devices have an large impact on the numbers as well,

as 30 year ago, we didn't have as many driver distractions and we do now.

I don't know - Maybe we traded some distractions for others.....we used to not have to put our kids in car seats and we could lay in the back of the car window - I know I was swatted a few times for arguing ( beating the stew outta each other) with my sister in the back seat....

Negative. E. Paulding Animal Hospital is on 120 near the intersection of 92. After watching the video, this is at the AutoZone at Crossroads, which is where 92 runs into Cedarcrest and 381.

Edited to add that there is (or used to be...I haven't looked lately) an animal hospital which name I don't know there next to Las Maguey's and the Chevron, and then there is the St. Francis Animal Hospital there behind Martino's.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... An animal hospital in a small strip mall on the corner of 92 and Cedarcrest. Forgive me for calling it East Paulding Animal Hospital... And the animal hospital is BESIDE the mexican joint. :p

Edited by Paulding Yankee