Paulding.com

UPDATE: Police probe gunshot death in Dallas

Police probe gunshot death in Dallas

Man dies at Harris Bridge Overlook Apartments

Paulding.com has confirmed that a teenager, Arron Wallace, 19 , of Dallas, was the man was shot to death Wednesday evening sometime between 8-10 p.m. at the Harris Bridge Overlook Apartments.

Arrested on involuntary manslaughter charges was another teen,

MEAGAN BREANNE CATES, also 19, of Austell. She remains in the Paulding jail. She was out on bond on charges of possession, distribution and or manufacture of a controlled substance after an August arrest here in the county.

00065201001.jpg

Ms. Cates

This informant tells us that the man was shot by a woman in what is initially reported as an accident when teens, present at a party, were playing with firearms.

The resident said rumors circulating among those at the apartment complex suggested the gun shot was discharged at point blank range to the man's head.

Rumors that suggested the man and women were a couple and were both African American in origin were wrong. The prior arrest in August of Ms. Cates, as well as officer reports, suggested illicit drug activities played a role in the shooting death.

pubby

CATES,MEAGAN BREANNE 11/10/2011 Active Inmate INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER / 1 / $0.00 / HELD FOR PROSECUTION

Is Caucasian.

Her victim Aaron Wallace age 19 is African American.

They were not in a domestic relationship.

CATES,MEAGAN BREANNE 11/10/2011 Active Inmate INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER / 1 / $0.00 / HELD FOR PROSECUTION

Is Caucasian.

Her victim Aaron Wallace age 19 is African American.

They were not in a domestic relationship.

So, was it drug-related?

And this is why we are fighting for rights to have possessions of guns! People who DO have them and shouldn't! Or don't know how to use them properly!

This saddens me!! Sad day for the families!

I don't mean to start a fight here but......the gun didn't ask to be played with nor did it pull it's own trigger. I wasn't there but I do know a little about guns and they can't talk or operate themselves. Don't blame it on guns.

• Like 7

I don't mean to start a fight here but......the gun didn't ask to be played with nor did it pull it's own trigger. I wasn't there but I do know a little about guns and they can't talk or operate themselves. Don't blame it on guns.

SO true. And what in the heck were 18 and 19 yr olds doing with guns in their apartment anyway??? To me, that is just asking for truoble.

very correct!!!nice post!!!

I am not by any means blaming it on the guns! ;) I was simply saying reasons like this is why others dont like them ... We have guns :) Lots at that and we know how to use them!

SO true. And what in the heck were 18 and 19 yr olds doing with guns in their apartment anyway??? To me, that is just asking for truoble.

I understand the one that did the shooting was only 15 years old???????? Spmething is wrong with

this.

So, was this accidental?

As I understand it, this was a party and everyone was kind of blown away and they thought it cool to play with guns and ... bang ... oopsee.

Involuntary manslaughter doesn't presume that the person pulling the trigger wanted or expected the gun to discharge but rather they exhibited really poor judgment mixing mind altering compounds, firearms and gross negligence and stupidity to create conditions that any prudent person would expect to be a disaster. Kind of like driving DUI through a school zone at 80 mph two minutes after school was dismissed.

pubby

Crime is down according to Mayor Austin. Great job mayor and the Mayberry police

Mayor Austin should have been there to protect his citizens. Really??? How is this the mayors fault? You're right he should have had more community outreach programs to help the everyday common citizen safely operate firearms.

And then you read statements like this:

Tina

4 hours ago

I knew "lil iron". He was a friend of my son and daughter. He did not deserve to die this way. No one does. My heart is broken for his mother and family who had to find him like that. From what I gather from hearing other accounts, this was no accident, but a set up to rob him. The CLAIM is that it was a party and an accident. Regardless, I hope and pray that the truth comes out and that all involved will be exposed. My hope and prayer that this young man received Christ at some point in his life and that he is resting peacefully in heaven.

http://dallas-hiram.patch.com/articles/teen-killed-at-party

And then you read statements like this:

Tina

4 hours ago

I knew "lil iron". He was a friend of my son and daughter. He did not deserve to die this way. No one does. My heart is broken for his mother and family who had to find him like that. From what I gather from hearing other accounts, this was no accident, but a set up to rob him. The CLAIM is that it was a party and an accident. Regardless, I hope and pray that the truth comes out and that all involved will be exposed. My hope and prayer that this young man received Christ at some point in his life and that he is resting peacefully in heaven.

http://dallas-hiram....killed-at-party

Very interesting.

When I mentioned this to a local teenager they said that he went by the name Iron and was not somebody that you should hang around with.

Regardless........it is sad that a life was lost.

Very interesting.

When I mentioned this to a local teenager they said that he went by the name Iron and was not somebody that you should hang around with.

Regardless........it is sad that a life was lost.

Unfortunately both these kids are victims of the drug culture in the county.

When your kids hang with kids that are involved with drugs this is a consequence.

I talk frequently to Dallas pd and the Sheriffs office most of the crime in the county is motivated by drug use.

These kids were not more than a year beyond parental control and supervision.

There is a video on here I made today of Gary Gulledge with advice to parents if you don't want your children involved in this culture and at risk. He even mentions a local recovery program that is getting great results.

Education and prevention are the key to stopping these tragedies, police can chase them from location to location, and even arrest some of them, but they can not prevent people from doing drugs, that is a personal decision that carries grave consequences.

:( Sad to say, My family knew her :( She was headed down a destructive path when we last saw her and now, she has officially hit the bottom. Drugs will do nothing for you.. Except give a quick thrill then yank ya down :angry:

Thsi girl has a past... I just hope SOMEONE can turn her around! :unsure:

Edited by Hopper626