Paulding.com

Pubby, don't shut me down man!

Ok, last time I am posting this event in hopes it will be okay and not get closed and it will not get bumped to the bottom and not be seen. Our authors don't really care that people can't always play nice and deserve to be mentioned and promoted by us no matter what the topic of the book is. rolleyes.gif

Don't be mad at me for reposting this Pubby, I am just trying to do the right thing for my authors and customers;o)blink.gif

Tomorrow, at The Book Worm, we are hosting 2 authors who will be signing copies of their books form 2 to 4pm.

If you want to know who they are, please go to our event at the store page on our website Events at The Book Worm blush.gif

It could be the automated deal with pcom and membership renewal....???? I'm working on the same thing myself.

Bookworm:

I didn't shut you down. I did remove your post that said "bump" ... which if you ask around, is a no-no.

As far as the boortzion thing ... that is also a well-known thing.

I've posted until I'm blue in the face on both the topic of bumping (a no-no) and the big topic which is apparently the central topic of the books mentioned.

FYI: The way around the bumping thing is to not use the term BUMP ... but rather find something new and substantive to say. Usually it is a good thing to have another member post as well.

pubby

Bookworm:

I didn't shut you down. I did remove your post that said "bump" ... which if you ask around, is a no-no.

I've posted until I'm blue in the face on both the topic of bumping (a no-no) and the big topic which is apparently the central topic of the books mentioned.

FYI: The way around the bumping thing is to not use the term BUMP ... but rather find something new and substantive to say. Usually it is a good thing to have another member post as well.

pubby

something like this to say that you will have authors tomorrow .....

Add your when and where and why after this :)

Bookworm:

pubby

All this time and I never knew about the bump thing-sorrypardon.gif

Please don't shoot me for not knowing the well know things. Not that I new to the group but since I stay away from any topic that may get ugly, guess I missed all those things that I should know.

I promise to not do anything that I now know not to do. I won't even cross my fingersblink.gif.

• Like 1

something like this to say that you will have authors tomorrow .....

Add your when and where and why after this :)

I did that already, check my last few posts. They just didn't make the cut and got "topic closeded!blush.gif

I didn't know you couldn't say "bump". I learned something today.

Me neither, saw so many people do that so I just followed the pack. I can be a sheep sometimesrolleyes.gif

I didn't know you couldn't say "bump". I learned something today.

Well gol-lee, you just went and said it! To clarify, posts consisting of merely the word "bump" (or similar) intended to bump the thread up in the list of recent topics are not permitted.

Well gol-lee, you just went and said it! To clarify, posts consisting of merely the word "bump" (or similar) intended to bump the thread up in the list of recent topics are not permitted.

What if there is no word OR just a letter like V or Q? How about lump? Can I use lump to bump somethingwub.gif

Yup, being silly now, guess it is time to go home.blush.gif

What if there is no word OR just a letter like V or Q? How about lump? Can I use lump to bump somethingwub.gif

Yup, being silly now, guess it is time to go home.blush.gif

Instead of bump, lump or grump, just type "Hope to see y'all there." and you should be fine.

If you've already done it on a thread, have someone else post a question you can answer later, thereby providing yet more bumps without the "bump".

y'all sure are doing a lot of the no no word in here... 8)

He has problems with 'Bumps' and with talking about aboortzion.

yep and the R word... and I did not mean Republican :rofl:

you hang out here long enough and you learn these things :ninja:

one way or the other you learn :ninja:

Good to see you again today. I read the first chapter before a great dinner tonight.

So glad to see you at the store today.pardon.gif Enjoy your book, it looked like a good one!

Does that mean you can't say my name?????

:p

You mean I can just call you Honda!

But...you can say "bump" when you are referring to a "bump in the road" or a "bump" to refer to a "pimple"....

smile.gif

So glad to see you at the store today.pardon.gif Enjoy your book, it looked like a good one!

You mean I can just call you Honda!

smile.gif

Or, you could call me Ra-Honda like Lauretta does.

lol