11. 11. Senate District 31

• Tracy Bennett (D)
    • Bill Heath (R)
    • Outside the district and can't vote/won't vote
  12. 12. Senate District 30

• Bill Hamrick (R)
    • Pat Rhudy (D)
    • Outside the district and can't vote/won't vote

The above poll covers most state races as well as key local races.

It will run through October 15th and will be replaced by a similar poll designed to see if there has been any movement.

Give us your opinion on any and all the races.

pubby

PS: I led with the Avery-Braddock race because that is the highest profile local race this fall.

Yes, that was an error about Kemp. Sorry about that. And the vote options for the state senate and District 19 race was also an oversight in my haste.

pubby

PS: If everyone votes, I believe some good and interesting things can happen.

pubby

I can assure you a pcom poll wont reflect how the vote turns out! Not even close...However, it is fun to see what people on here are thinking

You might want to look at pcom polls history. The accuracy is better than you might think.

But go ahead and laugh it up.....yuk yuk yuk. :blink:

• Like 1

The accuracy gets better with the greater the number of votes.

Because some 'out of district' may vote when we're dealing with state senate or house districts, there is a greater tendency for errors.

Because this is not a 'random' poll, there is no way to calibrate its realibility as well. Still, it does tend to be relatively accurate. Heck, last week the football picks of local high school games was 'right on' picking the winner in every game ;)

pubby

Well....Where was I laughing?? I made the simple point that this poll wouldnt be accurate of the final vote, and in November I think I will be right. If not, then I guess I am wrong.

You might want to look at pcom polls history. The accuracy is better than you might think.

But go ahead and laugh it up.....yuk yuk yuk. :blink:

• Like 1

Okay, so today it's a different story.

It was an oversight?

AP: Deal Did Not Disclose Business Loans

Updated: Thursday, 16 Sep 2010, 6:32 PM EDT

Published : Thursday, 16 Sep 2010, 3:50 PM EDT

ATLANTA (AP) - A review of records by The Associated Press has found that Republican Nathan Deal did not disclose two active loans on which he and his business partner owe a combined $2.85 million.

The loans from two banks were made to Deal and Kenneth Cronan in 2009. They do not appear on the financial disclosure Deal filed with the state Ethics Commission when he announced he was running for governor.

Deal on Thursday called it an “oversight” and said he planned to amend his financial disclosure with the state. He said the debts were business loans for his Gainesville Auto Salvage business. Real estate records list only Deal and Cronan as the guarantors.

FFROM FOX 5

Both on the local level, and statewide, the Georgia GOP just keeps picking losers, leaving the Dems as the only viable alternative.

Do you want a governor who is 5Million in debt ? Or a Dem who is profitable ? Just looking at it from the angle of what does he have to gain, at our expense.

• Like 1

Both on the local level, and statewide, the Georgia GOP just keeps picking losers, leaving the Dems as the only viable alternative.

Do you want a governor who is 5Million in debt ? Or a Dem who is profitable ? Just looking at it from the angle of what does he have to gain, at our expense.

Maybe I missed it but I didn't read that Deal was in DEFAULT on his loans. It might be a different story if he were in DEFAULT.

And having debt kind of makes you human. You know the costs of operating a business sometimes cost more than you make. ;)

It's not like he had income that he isn't reporting. Dang, it's debt, he's one of us. :good:

Debt that he obviuosly can not afford. If he can't manage his own money just why the hell would I want him controlling mine. Nathan Deal can go to hell. I do a good job of managing my own money and I don't need another Republican welfare case to bail out.

GO ROY!

Debt that he obviuosly can not afford. If he can't manage his own money just why the hell would I want him controlling mine. Nathan Deal can go to hell. I do a good job of managing my own money and I don't need another Republican welfare case to bail out.

GO ROY!

What are you, his financial advisor? :lol: And you really want him to "go to hell" (your words not mine) just because he is stepping up and running for Governor?

As for him not being able to manage his money and pay his debts back, I am not qualified nor do I have sufficient information to make that assumption. He and his wife could have multiple means available to them to repay loans. At least they are being repaid...... :lol:

Edited by Beach Bum

And having debt kind of makes you human. You know the costs of operating a business sometimes cost more than you make. ;)

It's not like he had income that he isn't reporting. Dang, it's debt, he's one of us. :good:

He's not one of me, if I even tried to get a two million dollar loan they'd laugh me all the way out of the banks. Sounds like Deal and Roy are both "Fat Cats".

Better still, I wonder what kind of person it takes to not only to *forget* your business owes 2 million to someone, you don't bother having your accountant look over the disclosure before you file it.

Something ain't quite right here....

• Like 2

It's not a question of a business owner being in debt, most usually are.

It's a question of how they manage their money, and especially when they are a politican in charge of the taxpayers money, how they use and spend it.

And if they plan on running, it's about disclosures. Something of which was an oversight for Nathan Deal.

And yes, Roy has money. His family made a fortune on the land they owned in Mableton, and he has done quite well I'm sure as an attorney, but I don't think you will find any dirt on Roy.

It just amazes me that when you show the voting public over and over had deceitful and lying a politican is, they will continute to vote for him.

Why? Just because he's a Republican?

Hell, the Republican party is fractured within it's own party. You've got The Old Guard Republicans who can't stand the Tea Party Republicans who are sick and tired of all of the lying and crooked politicans, both Democrats and Republicans.

What a mess we, the voters, have allowed this country to become.

And Roy has my VOTE in November.

• Like 1

He's not one of me, if I even tried to get a two million dollar loan they'd laugh me all the way out of the banks. Sounds like Deal and Roy are both "Fat Cats".

Better still, I wonder what kind of person it takes to not only to *forget* your business owes 2 million to someone, you don't bother having your accountant look over the disclosure before you file it.

Something ain't quite right here....

Yeppers.

What are you, his financial advisor? :lol: And you really want him to "go to hell" (your words not mine) just because he is stepping up and running for Governor?

As for him not being able to manage his money and pay his debts back, I am not qualified nor do I have sufficient information to make that assumption. He and his wife could have multiple means available to them to repay loans. At least they are being repaid...... :lol:

He and his wife want to have the same means as Sonny has had the last eight years. OUR MONEY.

Nathan Deal is a crooked little man and every week that goes by yet another example of why this man should be in a state prison and not in the state capital comes to light.

It's not a question of a business owner being in debt, most usually are.

It's a question of how they manage their money, and especially when they are a politican in charge of the taxpayers money, how they use and spend it.

And if they plan on running, it's about disclosures. Something of which was an oversight for Nathan Deal.

And yes, Roy has money. His family made a fortune on the land they owned in Mableton, and he has done quite well I'm sure as an attorney, but I don't think you will find any dirt on Roy.

It just amazes me that when you show the voting public over and over had deceitful and lying a politican is, they will continute to vote for him.

Why? Just because he's a Republican?

Hell, the Republican party is fractured within it's own party. You've got The Old Guard Republicans who can't stand the Tea Party Republicans who are sick and tired of all of the lying and crooked politicans, both Democrats and Republicans.

What a mess we, the voters, have allowed this country to become.

And Roy has my VOTE in November.

I guarantee you that Roy Barnes and Ray Barnes can tell you to within $2,000 exactly what they are worth. Managing money is a Barnes family trait. Nathan Deal is a fool. And you know what they say about a fool and his money. He'll do the same for our money.

I'm right there with you Lots To Do. I am of the opinion that she would "run circles" around the other two candidates as to job performance.

Not only that, but she would be far more electable than Deal. NJ and I had this discussion before the primaries, and what I feared is what's happening now. He has just too many skeletons in his closet to inspire the confidence of independents in a Georgia general election. I'm afraid that by making Deal the candidate, the Republicans gave the election to Barnes and the Democrats.

• Like 1

God I miss Karen. I swear I'm going to write her in.

I happen to agree with you.

I don't vote for someone just because they belong to a certain party.

I actually voted for Handel in the primary, and I just knew she would win. I liked her and what she had to say.

But, even the Republicans can't get along. Like I said, you've got the Old Republicans that won't let any new, refreshing ideas in on their party.

And now they're going to pay for it.

They paid for it up North this week in the primaries. They lost to the Tea Party Republicans.

I like the idea!!

I wonder if she could run that way?

I like and voted for Karen too, but at this point I think we are better off voting for Barnes. I would hate to have yet another special election to replace another corrupt Republican.

I like and voted for Karen too, but at this point I think we are better off voting for Barnes. I would hate to have yet another special election to replace another corrupt Republican.

Maybe a special election would afford us the "do over" we so desperately need. ;)

• Like 1

Maybe a special election would afford us the "do over" we so desperately need. ;)

I'm not sure that allowing a thug like Deal to win would be an acceptable risk. I don't think Roy is going to screw over the entire state.

Next time I think we should all get behind Handel and make sure she beats all her douchebag republican competition.

all politicians are crooked. Its who is the worse crook? More of the same...already tried Barnes and he screwed education up so I am taking my chance on Deal. I am not voting someone back in that I already didn't like what he did anymore. I can't afford 4 years of it. At least now Deal can't payoff his "buddies" and give them favors.

all politicians are crooked. Its who is the worse crook? More of the same...already tried Barnes and he screwed education up so I am taking my chance on Deal. I am not voting someone back in that I already didn't like what he did anymore. I can't afford 4 years of it. At least now Deal can't payoff his "buddies" and give them favors.

:good: I am on exactly the same page. I can't believe the teachers have all forgotten what Barnes did to them. :angry: