Paulding.com

Will and Paulette debate

You aren't really OK with his slap at a female candidate are you?unsure.gif

What in the world does female have to do with it?

There are many women leaders in this world that I have admired.

For me, it's not the gender but the policy.

Good Grief!

And while we're at it, where's REGAN REPUBLICAN?

He always had a quick, snarky comeback for everyone's response.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While talking to Will Avery last weekend the subject of debate has come up,he welcomes the chance for the public to hear his stand. Now with Paulette,that is another ummmm story. We need this to happe

Challenge accepted on my behalf.

Darn surepip - are you still not over your infatuation with Jerry yet? He has moved on with his life and doing well - kudos to him!

Never slammed him for that and I take offense that he has accused me of it. If that is the way he twists things I know I would not want to debate him. I still have the very cordial pms that he sent and that I sent in reply about that subject. He knows good and well there was not a slam.

I didn't see him accuse you of it. He didn't name names.

I think you took it upon yourself to accept responsibility.

Folks ... First off, it is too early to schedule a debate.

When a debate or discussion happens, it will happen at the behest of Pcom, the Chamber or possibly the PBA ... or all three. These are the groups that have arranged for these types of events.

Mrs. Braddock has been very gracious in appearing on PCOM and I fully expect her to be on pcom talking, if not with Will directly, possibly with folks like Nathan Deal, Sam Olens or even Casey Cagle or David Ralston (or other state officers).

That said, what Animal says about a 'debate' ... whether he wants one or not ... whom he thinks will win or not ... is what Animal says. You can think and say pretty much whatever you want about Animal says but to deny him the right or opportunity to say what he thinks is really not kosher. You know, like trying to invoke some kind of censorship on his thoughts and beliefs.

In other words, Paulette went toe-to-toe with Daniel Stout and came out just fine and Daniel, IMO, was good at debate and public speaking. He knocked them dead in the first debate to win the office and did a good job head to head with Paulette just a few weeks ago. Bottom line, I don't think Paulette is scared or seeking in any way to dodge a debate with Will.

Further, rather than reacting negatively to Animal, if I were a Paulette supporter I'd be out there saying just that ... that she has not only has the conservative family values that you endorse but that she is an articulate and effective voice for those ideas and ideals.

You do believe that, don't you Solo? News Junky? Georgia Dawg? Madea?

pubby

I have no idea what she will do and I have not decided which way I will go with this. I still have to look at both and decide who I think will be best for me. I am not at this time backing anyone. Being I am neither a Dem. or a Rep. I just vote for who I think will be best. I have learned along the way that you ARE often judged by the company you keep.

I didn't see him accuse you of it. He didn't name names.

I think you took it upon yourself to accept responsibility.

Since I was the only one who discussed the issue with him on p.com I think it was obvious. feelip also was in that thread the other night (see his comment above) . I did not just accept the responsibility lowrider. it was not a slam and I complemented him on his success at quiting. I have decided what I would do if I were Paulette based upon this exchange with Will and his reference to it and I will give her that opinion when I talk to her. Whether or not she chooses to debate him is her decision.

What in the world does female have to do with it?

There are many women leaders in this world that I have admired.

For me, it's not the gender but the policy.

Good Grief!

And while we're at it, where's REGAN REPUBLICAN?

He always had a quick, snarky comeback for everyone's response.

I have already said I should have referred to her as "A Candidate" instead of by gender. You forget I do know Animal!!!!!

I think that Paulette would really like to debate Will Avery. I watched her at the Theatre and the debate on P.com and, she handled the incumbent Stout pretty good, and I am quite sure that she would be able to debate Will Avery very well. An open fair debate is always good for both the candidates and the voters.

:good:

That's all I'm sayin'.

Never slammed him for that and I take offense that he has accused me of it. If that is the way he twists things I know I would not want to debate him. I still have the very cordial pms that he sent and that I sent in reply about that subject. He knows good and well there was not a slam.

I don't think I accussed you of slamming anyone. I'm not as sharp as I once was but I'm thinking everyone is playing off your joke. Sorry if your joke didn't set well with you.

But I'm not into playground arguments, I am trying to help a good, honest person win an election for the good of us all. If I have offended you in any way it was not intentional. You know that when I offend I leave no room for doubt. Let's have some fun here. This is politics at its finest; the way it is supposed to be.

I don't think I accussed you of slamming anyone. I'm not as sharp as I once was but I'm thinking everyone is playing off your joke. Sorry if your joke didn't set well with you.

But I'm not into playground arguments, I am trying to help a good, honest person win an election for the good of us all. If I have offended you in any way it was not intentional. You know that when I offend I leave no room for doubt. Let's have some fun here. This is politics at its finest; the way it is supposed to be.

I am not the least bit worried about what you said. I am referring to Will's twisting of what I said about the issue. He is the candidate and he is the one I am judging as my possible Representative. He knows that is not what was said. You can refer back to his earlier post in this thread if you are confused about it.

Are you even in the 19th Distrist? Would this man even be your Representative? I found out all I need to know!

Will's words in case you still don't know what I am referring to:

(Post #23 I think)

I think that we should all be respectful of all candidates (keep in mind that some in here have not always said the nicest things about me, ex: being told I am only running for office to get my wife a raise, and being condemned for being a former smoker). I just ask that we all remain respectful and be willing to listen to both sides. I come in here to hear points of view, listen to what is important to people, and to take criticism, both constructive and destructive. I always try to give respect and want to receive it in return. When other people were slamming another candidate's character and being disrespectful, I was one of the first to speak against that kind of behavior, and I plan to continue to respect all parties involved.

• Like 1

I am not the least bit worried about what you said. I am referring to Will's twisting of what I said about the issue. He is the candidate and he is the one I am judging as my possible Representative. He knows that is not what was said. You can refer back to his earlier post in this thread if you are confused about it.

Are you even in the 19th Distrist? Would this man even be your Representative?

I'm in the 19th. I met Will and had a lengthy discussion. I have more confidence in his abilities, honesty and not being controlled by other special interest groups or contributors than anyone that has ever served as a our representative. If Will was a Republican you would be just as adamant about his abilities as I am.

Now lets try and raise the intelligence level of our banter to something above playground level and stop trying to make an issue of whether or not you were misinterpreted regarding your smoking comment.

Are you even in the 19th Distrist? Would this man even be your Representative? I found out all I need to know!

Will's words in case you still don't know what I am referring to:

(Post #23 I think)

I think that we should all be respectful of all candidates (keep in mind that some in here have not always said the nicest things about me, ex: being told I am only running for office to get my wife a raise, and being condemned for being a former smoker). I just ask that we all remain respectful and be willing to listen to both sides. I come in here to hear points of view, listen to what is important to people, and to take criticism, both constructive and destructive. I always try to give respect and want to receive it in return. When other people were slamming another candidate's character and being disrespectful, I was one of the first to speak against that kind of behavior, and I plan to continue to respect all parties involved.

If I offended you, I apologize. I am here to talk to people about myself and what I stand for, and sometimes I can catch flack simply because of the letter next to my name. I however must ask what was the purpose of your original statement regarding my status as a former smoker?

• Like 2

Folks ... First off, it is too early to schedule a debate.

When a debate or discussion happens, it will happen at the behest of Pcom, the Chamber or possibly the PBA ... or all three. These are the groups that have arranged for these types of events.

Mrs. Braddock has been very gracious in appearing on PCOM and I fully expect her to be on pcom talking, if not with Will directly, possibly with folks like Nathan Deal, Sam Olens or even Casey Cagle or David Ralston (or other state officers).

That said, what Animal says about a 'debate' ... whether he wants one or not ... whom he thinks will win or not ... is what Animal says. You can think and say pretty much whatever you want about Animal says but to deny him the right or opportunity to say what he thinks is really not kosher. You know, like trying to invoke some kind of censorship on his thoughts and beliefs.

In other words, Paulette went toe-to-toe with Daniel Stout and came out just fine and Daniel, IMO, was good at debate and public speaking. He knocked them dead in the first debate to win the office and did a good job head to head with Paulette just a few weeks ago. Bottom line, I don't think Paulette is scared or seeking in any way to dodge a debate with Will.

Further, rather than reacting negatively to Animal, if I were a Paulette supporter I'd be out there saying just that ... that she has not only has the conservative family values that you endorse but that she is an articulate and effective voice for those ideas and ideals.

You do believe that, don't you Solo? News Junky? Georgia Dawg? Madea?

pubby

I made no attempt to deny his right to make ignorant remarks. I leave the censoring on this site to you. I have no authority to deny him that right. I have the same rights to react however I deem appropriate to his remarks.

And you brought up "conservative family values", not me. I'll be happy, when I feel ready to do so, to start my own thread about how I think my ideas and ideals will be represented.

• Like 1

If I offended you, I apologize. I am here to talk to people about myself and what I stand for, and sometimes I can catch flack simply because of the letter next to my name. I however must ask what was the purpose of your original statement regarding my status as a former smoker?

This was the post I made after you let me know (pm) you had achieved your goal and had stopped.. To my knowledge it was the only reference made on p.com about it.

}

#109 user_off.png

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

She had the good sense to run on a conservative ticket. That is a very good start!smile.gif Will , I understand has quit smoking and I say good for him.

This was the post I made after you let me know (pm) you had achieved your goal and had stopped.. To my knowledge it was the only reference made on p.com about it.

}

#109 user_off.png

Posted 15 August 2010 - 10:57 PM

She had the good sense to run on a conservative ticket. That is a very good start!smile.gif Will , I understand has quit smoking and I say good for him.

Perhaps Will misunderstood what you said, and perhaps Will was referring to someone else. Either way, what you said, to me at least, was not a slap at Will, and he apologized for the misconstruction. If this is an issue you will vote on come November, we have bigger fish to fry.

Perhaps Will misunderstood what you said, and perhaps Will was referring to someone else. Either way, what you said, to me at least, was not a slap at Will, and he apologized for the misconstruction. If this is an issue you will vote on come November, we have bigger fish to fry.

Yes he did apologize and I accepted it. I do see getting the facts straight as an issue. Glad that he seems to have gotten it straight. Anyone can make a mistake and goodness knows I have read things incorrectly on this board more than once. You do know that small things can be issues with a lot of voters. I have explained to Will why this one was to me.

Yes he did apologize and I accepted it. I do see getting the facts straight as an issue. Glad that he seems to have gotten it straight. Anyone can make a mistake and goodness knows I have read things incorrectly on this board more than once. You do know that small things can be issues with a lot of voters. I have explained to Will why this one was to me.

With me it was the big things like a new courthouse without asking, a new airport after being told NO, an affair with a lobbyist that is getting millions of taxpayer dollars. You know, the bigger fish to fry.

Seems to me the opposing stable has put some real losers on the track, it is time to change horses for sure.

• Like 1

With me it was the big things like a new courthouse without asking, a new airport after being told NO, an affair with a lobbyist that is getting millions of taxpayer dollars. You know, the bigger fish to fry.

Seems to me the opposing stable has put some real losers on the track, it is time to change horses for sure.

I thought this thread was about a debate between the candidates for District 19. What does that office have to do with past decisions by the previous BOC. Oh, I do see you are still stuck on the past District 19 Representative too. I think someone who can speak for Paulette or Paulette herself will need to answer the Debate question. Will, we know has already agreed. I know what my answer would be if I were in her position. I think this tread has run it's course for me. See you in another one feelip.

• Like 1

I thought this thread was about a debate between the candidates for District 19. What does that office have to do with past decisions by the previous BOC. Oh, I do see you are still stuck on the past District 19 Representative too. I think someone who can speak for Paulette or Paulette herself will need to answer the Debate question. Will, we know has already agreed. I know what my answer would be if I were in her position. I think this tread has run it's course for me. See you in another one feelip.

You don't seem to understand that the "Old Group of Good 'Ol Boys" is still very much involved with Paulette's contest and the local GOP.

And, after losing with Beverly Cochran, it is their last straw. If Paulette loses, the door will be shut on them with Paulding Politics for the next 2 years, and hopefully forever.

Jerry Shearin has been taking Paulette around to meet certain people. Why don't you ask Paulette if she was going around with Jerry this morning?

• Like 3

You don't seem to understand that the "Old Group of Good 'Ol Boys" is still very much involved with Paulette's contest and the local GOP.

And, after losing with Beverly Cochran, it is their last straw. If Paulette loses, the door will be shut on them with Paulding Politics for the next 2 years, and hopefully forever.

Jerry Shearin has been taking Paulette around to meet certain people. Why don't you ask Paulette if she was going around with Jerry this morning?

Jerry knows a lot of people and I know that. Paulette has lived in this county for a long time. A lot longer than the young man running against her I believe. I expect she and Jerry do know some of the same people. I don't know what rule would dictate that people should turn their backs on others just because they lost at the ballot box and the citizens wanted someone they thought could do the job better. I think you need to let Jerry live his life and keep his friends. He lost let him go!!

Darn surepip - are you still not over your infatuation with Jerry yet? :lol: He has moved on with his life and doing well - kudos to him!

• Like 3

I was on the Paulding BOE with Paulette and I for one can tell you that she is not one of the "good old boys".

She always voted her own voice while she was on the board. She did not vote for anything she did not believe in.

I think a debate would be a good idea, but I think it should be just the same as most held in this county were the questions are given ahead of time. Just a thought.

I was on the Paulding BOE with Paulette and I for one can tell you that she is not one of the "good old boys".

She always voted her own voice while she was on the board. She did not vote for anything she did not believe in.

I think a debate would be a good idea, but I think it should be just the same as most held in this county were the questions are given ahead of time. Just a thought.

I've never really been for the questions being given ahead of time. When that happens, you get the answers that the campaign brain trust has come up with, not necessarily the words or opinions of the candidate. I am much more an advocate of the questions being compiled or created by a neutral third party, or for allowing questions from the audience based on a lottery to see who gets to ask. Both ways intend to insure a neutrality while also insuring that the answers come from the candidates themselves and not some think tank or political handler. I already know what the two party platforms are, and what soundbites they will use, I want to hear the candidates.

• Like 1

I've never really been for the questions being given ahead of time.[/] When that happens, you get the answers that the campaign brain trust has come up with, not necessarily the words or opinions of the candidate. I am much more an advocate of the questions being compiled or created by a neutral third party, or for allowing questions from the audience based on a lottery to see who gets to ask. Both ways intend to insure a neutrality while also insuring that the answers come from the candidates themselves and not some think tank or political handler. I already know what the two party platforms are, and what soundbites they will use, I want to hear the candidates.

Exactly!

I would look good too if everything was prepared for me with the correct statement, figures, facts, etc. etc.

:blink:

I can never tell when you are joking. You got me on that one. :rofl:

[b]Jerry Shearin has been taking Paulette around to meet certain people. Why don't you ask Paulette if she was going around with Jerry this morning?

[/b]

What!!!!! Oh no he does have his finger in the pie!!!!!!

I recall when you served on the BOE board with Paulette.I also recall all of those tax increases and bond issues that was proposed and passed by the Schoolboard, And the school board minutes sure reflect who voted for those tax increases, I really do not think that the citizens of Paulding County have forgotten those day's If they have then I sure do plan on putting out the facts before November. I am very suprised that Stout did not run on her record. She is no conservative, And her record will prove it

I recall when you served on the BOE board with Paulette.I also recall all of those tax increases and bond issues that was proposed and passed by the Schoolboard, And the school board minutes sure reflect who voted for those tax increases, I really do not think that the citizens of Paulding County have forgotten those day's If they have then I sure do plan on putting out the facts before November. I am very suprised that Stout did not run on her record. She is no conservative, And her record will prove it

So is it fair to say that you opposed what you claim were tax increases while Paulette was on the School Board? Where does the Democrat stand?

So is it fair to say that you opposed what you claim were tax increases while Paulette was on the School Board? Where does the Democrat stand?

Mason, I opposed all but one, And got doubled crossed by the School Board on that one, And opposed everyone since,This same group was the group that dumped on you in your election, REMEMBER!!!!!

Mason, I opposed all but one, And got doubled crossed by the School Board on that one, And opposed everyone since,This same group was the group that dumped on you in your election, REMEMBER!!!!!

That is my recollection as to your general opposition to tax increases (and I whole-heartedly support you), although I cannot remember specific tax proposals. What makes you think Will Avery would have opposed them as well? As for the "group", I'm not sure what you are referring to. I had support from most, if not all, School Board members, particularly because of my residence in Paulding. I did not have support from Howard Maxwell after Heath got into the race, though, and he was a former School Board member.

That is my recollection as to your general opposition to tax increases (and I whole-heartedly support you), although I cannot remember specific tax proposals. What makes you think Will Avery would have opposed them as well? As for the "group", I'm not sure what you are referring to. I had support from most, if not all, School Board members, particularly because of my residence in Paulding. I did not have support from Howard Maxwell after Heath got into the race, though, and he was a former School Board member.

I certainly wish we could talk you into running for public office again as you have tremendous leadership skills and would certainly serve our community well!

My stand was "NO NEW TAXES ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Paulette and the School Board lost the first round in 2006, And then reorganized and presented the school bond again in 2007, Along with thousands of dollars of special interest $$$$$$$ And got it passed by a landslide.

Paulette has always been a fan of Shearin, And Supported him openly in 2008, That was the year she got beat by a landslide on the school board,And one of the main issues in that election was her votes to raise school taxes. Pretty clear to me who dumped on you, I believe It was the same crowd that is supporting Paulette now.

Will Avery is much more conservative than Paulette

My stand was "NO NEW TAXES ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" Paulette and the School Board lost the first round in 2006, And then reorganized and presented the school bond again in 2007, Along with thousands of dollars of special interest $$$$ And got it passed by a landslide.

Paulette has always been a fan of Shearin, And Supported him openly in 2008, That was the year she got beat by a landslide on the school board,And one of the main issues in that election was her votes to raise school taxes. Pretty clear to me who dumped on you, I believe It was the same crowd that is supporting Paulette now.

Will Avery is much more conservative than Paulette

One, she voted for one tax increase. The one that the voters eventually agreed on as well. In fact, I voted yes for the children. That's the second time I've admitted that on this board. If you think otherwise, you need to put up proof.

One, she voted for one tax increase. The one that the voters eventually agreed on as well. In fact, I voted yes for the children. That's the second time I've admitted that on this board. If you think otherwise, you need to put up proof.

I know otherwise, And SoundGuy has already posted the minutes of the BOE, In another thread as proof

For years the republicans has ruled this county,after the primary they feel they have it made. They have gotten lazy. Now comes a general with two good canidates,make the canidates work. I am for Will for one good reason,he is better to represent our county. I saw him speak and I liked what I heard plain & simple. Now if I made anyone mad or upset anyone too bad get over it.dirol.gif