Paulding.com

Joey Tawney, age 18, of Dallas, GA, passed away Wednesday, July 14, 2010. He was born in Boca Raton, Florida, on November 19, 1991. Joey was a student at Paulding County High School and attended West Ridge Church.

Survivors include his father, Glenn Tawney of Gainesville; his mother & step-father, Audrey & Brandon Moyers of Dallas, GA; sisters, Chelsea Moyers of Dallas, GA, Sara Grace Moyers of Dallas, GA, and Elena Tawney of Gainesville, GA; grandparents, Barbara Tawney of Gainesville, GA, Joe & Alberta Kubina of Dallas, GA, and Larry & Donna Moyers of Fayetteville, GA; numerours aunts, uncles and cousins.

A memorial service will be held Sunday, July 18, 2010, at 4:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Reverend Jim Akins officiating.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that those wishing to may make a donation in memory of Joey to the Paulding County Sheriffs Department DARE Program, 247 Industrial Way N, Dallas, GA 30132.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

Joey Tawney, age 18, of Dallas, GA, passed away Wednesday, July 14, 2010. He was born in Boca Raton, Florida, on November 19, 1991. Joey was a student at Paulding County High School and attended West Ridge Church.

Survivors include his father, Glenn Tawney of Gainesville; his mother & step-father, Audrey & Brandon Moyers of Dallas, GA; sisters, Chelsea Moyers of Dallas, GA, Sara Grace Moyers of Dallas, GA, and Elena Tawney of Gainesville, GA; grandparents, Barbara Tawney of Gainesville, GA, Joe & Alberta Kubina of Dallas, GA, and Larry & Donna Moyers of Fayetteville, GA; numerours aunts, uncles and cousins.

A memorial service will be held Sunday, July 18, 2010, at 4:00 PM, from Clark Funeral Home Chapel, with Reverend Jim Akins officiating.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests that those wishing to may make a donation in memory of Joey to the Paulding County Sheriffs Department DARE Program, 247 Industrial Way N, Dallas, GA 30132.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

What happened to this poor young man? Prayers sent.

My kids went to Northside with Joey and share many fond memories of friendship. He will be missed by many.

Prayers for the family. I cannot imagine your grief in losing a child, a brother, a son. Your family will be in my family's thoughts and prayers.

My daughter knew Joey years ago at Moses Middle School .

She said he was so sweet and had a beautiful smile .

She was out of town and could not attend . But I know she was deeply saddened.

She says he was a very nice, friendly & a well liked young man .

So sad .

Our prayers go out to his family .

Please respect his family at this time .

I never met him but I am so sorry for their loss .