Paulding.com

GOP Meet & Greet at White Oak Park - Lots of candidates...

Is the Paulding County GOP in a Melt-Down?

The Meet and Greet today at White[y] Oak Park had 25 to 30 candidates, including 6 or 8 or more for statewide offices, but the candidates were the great majority of the people there. Very few voters at all.

Our local Paulding GOP did great at getting those running to come, some from long distances, but where were the voters ?

Gingrey, Gary Black, Mark Butler, and others were there for statewide offices. Most, if not all of the local candidates, but not one to "sell their wares to".

Many would have been much better off to have spent the day knocking on doors in their neighborhood.

What's the deal Local GOP leaders......have you disenfranchised or alienated your voter base, or was it just too damn hot ?

Lots of free food and beverages, plenty of candidates to talk with, but where were the voters ? Is this a sign of what we will see in the primary election ?

The Meet and Greet today at White[y] Oak Park had 25 to 30 candidates, including 6 or 8 or more for statewide offices, but the candidates were the great majority of the people there. Very few voters at all.

Our local Paulding GOP did great at getting those running to come, some from long distances, but where were the voters ?

Gingrey, Gary Black, Mark Butler, and others were there for statewide offices. Most, if not all of the local candidates, but not one to "sell their wares to".

Many would have been much better off to have spent the day knocking on doors in their neighborhood.

What's the deal Local GOP leaders......have you disenfranchised or alienated your voter base, or was it just too damn hot ?

Lots of free food and beverages, plenty of candidates to talk with, but where were the voters ? Is this a sign of what we will see in the primary election ?

We were all just waiting on your brilliant unbiased evaluation of the GOP meet. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

If it weren't for p.com I would have not known about it. I do not get a local paper delivered. I would say, the not known, the heat, it being summer and many being on vacation, going to weddings, reunions, etc., and being Father's Day weekend had more to do with it then people being disenfranchised with the party. :pardon:

• Like 2

If it weren't for p.com I would have not known about it. I do not get a local paper delivered. I would say, the not known, the heat, it being summer and many being on vacation, going to weddings, reunions, etc., and being Father's Day weekend had more to do with it then people being disenfranchised with the party. :pardon:

Bella, good analysis.

If it weren't for p.com I would have not known about it. I do not get a local paper delivered. I would say, the not known, the heat, it being summer and many being on vacation, going to weddings, reunions, etc., and being Father's Day weekend had more to do with it then people being disenfranchised with the party. pardon.gif

I think you are right.

How very predictable.

I don't recall you or anyone else commenting on the low attendance by the public at the PBA/P'Com event at Stars & Strikes. Did anyone comment about the attendance at the Chamber event last week?

No - but since it's a GOP event, let's make the negative post about attendance?

Both of the other events were filled with the candidates and their supporters. The Chamber event had more folks there not tied to the campaigns - but mainly chamber folks.

Very few citizens attending ANY of the 3 events that were WONDERFULLY organized by ALL groups to give the citizens a chance to learn more about their candidates before voting.

Again, a few want to play to the negativity. Thanks for once again showing p'commers your true colors. No one can try objectivity anyone, can they?

• Like 2

For many candidates, especially those seeking statewide offices the Paulding GOP Meet & Greet Saturday was a waste of time, energy and effort simply because there were so few voters there.

We arranged to pick up Gary Black, who is running for State Agriculture Commissioner, from the Paulding County Airport and bring him to the Meet & Greet.

His time would have been spent much better had he attended another event in another part of the state.

I was very disappointed in the turn out, and I think the leadership of the Paulding GOP needs to take a serious look at what they are doing, or not doing in an area of what...?....90% Republican voters ? to arrange a meeting like this and have such a poor turnout.

For many candidates, especially those seeking statewide offices the Paulding GOP Meet & Greet Saturday was a waste of time, energy and effort simply because there were so few voters there.

We arranged to pick up Gary Black, who is running for State Agriculture Commissioner, from the Paulding County Airport and bring him to the Meet & Greet.

His time would have been spent much better had he attended another event in another part of the state.

I was very disappointed in the turn out, and I think the leadership of the Paulding GOP needs to take a serious look at what they are doing, or not doing in an area of what...?....90% Republican voters ? to arrange a meeting like this and have such a poor turnout.

You're helping Gary Black's Campaign? Also, I think the Republican vote count runs around 65% not 90%.

I think summer, outside and Father's Day weekend makes for not a good choice of an event date. Especially the holiday weekend. Maybe next time Paulding GOP will look at those things. Plus the advertising should have been much better.

I really do not think Paulding is 90% republican.

BTW: The airport is usable? (Yes, I am totally out of the loop on that!)

I think summer, outside and Father's Day weekend makes for not a good choice of an event date. Especially the holiday weekend. Maybe next time Paulding GOP will look at those things. Plus the advertising should have been much better.

Not to mention that June is a very popular wedding month. Perhaps Sat morning or Sunday afternoon would have been better.

You're helping Gary Black's Campaign? Also, I think the Republican vote count runs around 65% not 90%.

Yes I am helping Gary Black, again. I supported him 4 years ago. I have known him for many years through the poultry industry.

I am supporting Mark Butler for Labor Commissioner also, but for me the Ag Department has direct influence on my industry.

I invited Gary to this Meet & Greet and my daughter picked him and 2 others up from the Paudling County Airport and brought them to White Oak Park. I had been led to believe the turn out would be 10 times what it was.

The airport is,......kind of useable.

If you are landing there, and don't know the routine, it may take you awhile to get from the tarmac to the parking lot. You have to hunt for a sign that tells you the airport is only staffed M-F, 8 tp 5. And then tells you to call Blake Swafford, and gives his numbers. After you reach Blake, he gives you the code for punching in to open the gate. It took Gary 45 minutes to fly here from Athens, and another 20 minutes to go from the plane to the car.